Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bokara's good and a super nice guy, so glad he's getting to do something anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Broken Hardys are loving incredible and TNA letting them walk away is high on the list of stupidest things they've done.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Rhonne posted:

HAHAHAHA Alberto just won the world title

:aronrex:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Unsurprisingly the title situation wasn't mentioned. So yeah they really did chase them away from even dropping the belts on-camera :laffo:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

exploded mummy posted:

I'm not sure if you missed it Gavok, but it recently came out that the LU producers turned over full talent relations to Dorien Roldan and AAA.

Which was still after both parties utterly hosed with the Mexican talent by various means including contract fuckers, booking fees, and cheating the visa system.

The poo poo ROH was reportedly doing earlier this year (and WWE have done for decades) to turbofuck talent on contracts eliciting zero cares by anyone around here makes it really hard for me to take the sudden outrage over AAA's bullshit seriously, sorry. TNA literally not paying people money they've already earned for months on end, psychologically assaulting their roster to try and keep control of them and trying to sell the company to Nazis beats out any amount of legal games.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Sanguinia posted:

The poo poo ROH was reportedly doing earlier this year (and WWE have done for decades) to turbofuck talent on contracts eliciting zero cares by anyone around here makes it really hard for me to take the sudden outrage over AAA's bullshit seriously, sorry. TNA literally not paying people money they've already earned for months on end, psychologically assaulting their roster to try and keep control of them and trying to sell the company to Nazis beats out any amount of legal games.

AAA is next level on the fuckery though.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

All I want in this whole world is for Del Rio to no-show his rematch.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Sanguinia posted:

Yeah those are all bad, but they've been done a trillion times before in wrestling history, on the other hand copyrighting characters that never worked in your company and then threatening to sue random indy promotions for giving said characters work (even under a new character!) is sort of a new level of wrestling shittiness

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Yeah those are all bad, but they've been done a trillion times before in wrestling history, on the other hand copyrighting characters that never worked in your company and then threatening to sue random indy promotions for giving said characters work (even under a new character!) is sort of a new level of wrestling shittiness

Yeah this.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

WrasslorMonkey posted:

All I want in this whole world is for Del Rio to no-show his rematch.

:yeah:

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
What excuse do you think Del Rio will use for no-show?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I suppose that's fair. I still am not going to blame Lucha Underground as much or even more than AAA themselves for either washing their hands of responsibility or whatever fuckery they're guilty of themselves, which is certainly far below what AAA is doing. LU being first and foremost on the Guilty Party List seems to be the position several people ITT have taken.

Also, I still personally put witholding wages from employees for like 6 months while still extracting work from them above literally any amount of legal poo poo. But that's just my feeling.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Imagine if both the tag titles and world title are physically in the possession of people who are never coming back to the company

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine if both the tag titles and world title are physically in the possession of people who are never coming back to the company

Thank god we've still got ARON REX and the GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISION.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

I suppose that's fair. I still am not going to blame Lucha Underground as much or even more than AAA themselves for either washing their hands of responsibility or whatever fuckery they're guilty of themselves, which is certainly far below what AAA is doing. LU being first and foremost on the Guilty Party List seems to be the position several people ITT have taken.

Also, I still personally put witholding wages from employees for like 6 months while still extracting work from them above literally any amount of legal poo poo. But that's just my feeling.

where does violating immigration law fall on your list of cares

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

keevo posted:

What excuse do you think Del Rio will use for no-show?

I'm curious if he'll pull a gun on someone backstage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

exploded mummy posted:

where does violating immigration law fall on your list of cares

Or having Dorian Roldan force contracts wrestlers didn't fully understand onto them. Oh ho ho you are locked up for seven seasons at much worse terms than the white guys!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I for one am glad Sanguinia joined StarkRavingMad in the "LU is forever perfect and blameless" crowd, I'm sure the room was lonely throughout 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MassRafTer posted:

Or having Dorian Roldan force contracts wrestlers didn't fully understand onto them. Oh ho ho you are locked up for seven seasons at much worse terms than the white guys!

"oh you want to get out of it? well you can't go anywhere in the US and we'll sue your rear end and steal your gimmicks if you go anywhere else in Mexico"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA's 10% booking fee is pretty bad, but LU paying wrestler salaries to AAA so AAA could in turn extract a booking fee is so much worse. They own part of the company and run it and are extracting a booking fee from it. Awful.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I like how AAA is just as notorious as being as poo poo as TNA paying its wrestlers and Sanguina ignores that.

gently caress that's why Rey left AAA for a while in the middle of LU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alberto Paige vs The Jarrets. TAKE THAT, NORTH!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

I'm the first to admit ROH's flaws, but being aggressive about tampering in situations that are almost 100% tampering is not really shady.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Chris James 2 posted:

I for one am glad Sanguinia joined StarkRavingMad in the "LU is forever perfect and blameless" crowd, I'm sure the room was lonely throughout 2016

I never said LU is blameless, I said I'm not going to muster outrage for them doing bad poo poo with contracts when apparently nobody cares if other promotions do bad poo poo with contracts, nor am I going to blame them for stuff AAA is doing just because the companies are tied together so closely. What makes LU deserve such special ire?

At least Marquis made a concrete argument about why AAA activities went above and beyond historic bad acts, which I was happy to concede. I've even agreed with MassRafTer's arguments in the past about why the company was lovely for portraying Riccocet as an Aztec descendant. LU is guilty of many things. I'm just not making them guilty of things they're not guilty of, nor am I going to back down from my opinion that TNA has proven to act much worse for much longer. What AAA is trying to do to Pentagon and Fenix is disgusting, but LU isn't responsible for it, and what they are responsible for is a molehill next to TNA's lovely business practice mountain. If you don't agree with me that's fine.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

I never said LU is blameless, I said I'm not going to muster outrage for them doing bad poo poo with contracts when apparently nobody cares if other promotions do bad poo poo with contracts, nor am I going to blame them for stuff AAA is doing just because the companies are tied together so closely. What makes LU deserve such special ire?

At least Marquis made a concrete argument about why AAA activities went above and beyond historic bad acts, which I was happy to concede. I've even agreed with MassRafTer's arguments in the past about why the company was lovely for portraying Riccocet as an Aztec descendant. LU is guilty of many things. I'm just not making them guilty of things they're not guilty of, nor am I going to back down from my opinion that TNA has proven to act much worse for much longer. What AAA is trying to do to Pentagon and Fenix is disgusting, but LU isn't responsible for it, and what they are responsible for is a molehill next to TNA's lovely business practice mountain. If you don't agree with me that's fine.

I like how you keep ignoring the visa issue

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

keevo posted:

:getin:

What will Paige's name be when she's inevitably on TNA?

Page

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

exploded mummy posted:

I like how you keep ignoring the visa issue

I admit I'm not familiar with that particular scandal, I didn't mean to ignore it. I also don't really want to continue a LU related derail in the TNA thread, nor do I particularly enjoy being bodied by three people, so if you just want to dismiss my opinions due to my ignorance on this point go ahead, I wouldn't blame you. If it makes you feel any better its not like I plan to give LU any money anytime soon unless you count my netflix sub, so I'm not supporting a lovely wrestling company, I was just trying to participate in the conversation.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Not appearing on any of the tapings spoilers for today:
Aron Rex
Gail Kim
Jesse Godderz
Abyss
Jade (obv)

Could mean something or nothing but that's like three weeks of TV they wouldn't be on.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
LU is still worth watching for Worldwide Underground

TNA is worth watching for ...

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA and WWE definitely upped their game to reclaim the title of most disgusting promotion in the last few months. ROH may have stripped the dumbest promotion from TNA though, although AAA might hold both titles. It's hard to say.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Rhonne posted:

HAHAHAHA Alberto just won the world title

Still funny, every loving time.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Sanguinia posted:

I admit I'm not familiar with that particular scandal, I didn't mean to ignore it. I also don't really want to continue a LU related derail in the TNA thread, nor do I particularly enjoy being bodied by three people, so if you just want to dismiss my opinions due to my ignorance on this point go ahead, I wouldn't blame you. If it makes you feel any better its not like I plan to give LU any money anytime soon unless you count my netflix sub, so I'm not supporting a lovely wrestling company, I was just trying to participate in the conversation.

The basic gist of it is that LU and AAA colluded to get the Mexican wrestlers into the country via tourist visas, rather than getting working with the State Department to get work visas.

The purpose of a tourist visa is uh, tourism. You know visit spots, see the sights etc. It's not for filming a television show that you get paid for.

If any of the wrestlers were caught getting paid like AAA/LU they could have been arrested, deported, and barred from entering the US.

You know how WWE was very careful to never use Wade Barrett as an in-ring performer during his visa issues? This is why.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
In the case of a wrestling company it would be their job to get talent a visa as they have to show why they need this person to work for them. An example of the kind of company that gets wrestlers to work on a tourist visa, Paul Heyman tried that trick. A wrestler caught using a tourist visa to work will face a five year ban from working in the US.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 3, 2017

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

MassRafTer posted:

TNA and WWE definitely upped their game to reclaim the title of most disgusting promotion in the last few months. ROH may have stripped the dumbest promotion from TNA though, although AAA might hold both titles. It's hard to say.

God damnit do i have to read every thread now for lovely business practices or is there one that consolidates all of them?

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Strawberry Panda posted:

God damnit do i have to read every thread now for lovely business practices or is there one that consolidates all of them?

We had a wrestling dirt thread at one point...I'll leave it at that

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So would the company face any kind of punishment if one of their workers were caught using a tourist visa that they helped them get?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rhonne posted:

So would the company face any kind of punishment if one of their workers were caught using a tourist visa that they helped them get?

The company wouldn't help them get the tourist visa, the wrestler would just be entering the country as a tourist. As for if they'd face any punishment, probably not this is America we don't punish companies when we can punish people.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Guys. TNA is bad. AAA is bad. Lets stop arguing over the degrees.

I don't know much about the AAA situation, but from what I've read in this thread they are indeed terrible. Visa fuckery, exclusive contract poo poo, pay issues etc.

But remember this is TNA we are talking about, so they are also insanely bad. With pay issues, booking craziness, (sorry crazzyness), the not paying of medical bills and just about every stupid/damaging thing Dixie has ever said.

But as mentioned above, AAA is bad too. Arguing about who is worse is quibbling over whether you would rather be punched in the face or kicked in the arse.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

BrigadierSensible posted:

Guys. TNA is bad. AAA is bad. Lets stop arguing over the degrees.

I don't know much about the AAA situation, but from what I've read in this thread they are indeed terrible. Visa fuckery, exclusive contract poo poo, pay issues etc.

But remember this is TNA we are talking about, so they are also insanely bad. With pay issues, booking craziness, (sorry crazzyness), the not paying of medical bills and just about every stupid/damaging thing Dixie has ever said.

But as mentioned above, AAA is bad too. Arguing about who is worse is quibbling over whether you would rather be punched in the face or kicked in the arse.

Both are lucky WWE got into the fascism game so their little evils seem trivial in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

keevo posted:

:getin:

What will Paige's name be when she's inevitably on TNA?

Brittany "Rampage" Beavis

• Locked thread