Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
gently caress it, fine.

##vote Tobbs Gnawed

And actually reading that post, and your responses to me. You never bother trying to argue a point. You dismiss it all.

"Lots of words not saying much"

Followed by you never even bothering to address anything I say towards you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

I'm seriously thinking we just got played and you are either to stupid to realize it, and actually go back through without your tinted glasses on to realize it or too stubborn to admit it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
You admitted to the NK. You're scum. There's a 0% chance stickers is scum.

The fact that you're confused makes it more damning. One of us did the NK, how can you not get that?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

And I know I'm not eloquent enough to fully explain all this to you.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

windshipper posted:

I'm seriously thinking we just got played and you are either to stupid to realize it, and actually go back through without your tinted glasses on to realize it or too stubborn to admit it.

Are you saying stickers withheld the NK in a game where everyone has vigs?

That's really dumb.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You admitted to the NK. You're scum. There's a 0% chance stickers is scum.

The fact that you're confused makes it more damning. One of us did the NK, how can you not get that?

I think that if stickers is scum he probably picked Tired Moritz as the NK for the same reasons that he called TM townie on day 1, TM died, so that stickers didn't have to explain any NK (because you also targeted TM and claimed it first).

I think you're scummy as gently caress, but I'm starting to question poo poo, especially because my win condition is absolutely exactly what I posted, and I'm wondering if I got hosed by the mod on that. That is, 100% my goddamn role PM's win condition. You probably know the rest, because, well, it's vanilla townie except vigilante.

[/b]##unvote[/b]

Hold on a minute. I haven't looked through Stick em up fully, so give me a minute.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's really dumb.

Oh dear god please tell me I'm not stuck in lylo with someone this stupid.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

If someone claims their gun jammed do you 100% believe it right off the loving bat? If someone.... you know what, jesus christ.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

##unvote

Fixing my gently caress up.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Just unvote for now, just humor me. You can vote me after this if you want, but unvote me in case stickemup comes back and hammers.

Also for gently caress's sake, how many mafia games have you played?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Paraphrase your vig results for me.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I was successful in shooting chaoslord. Paraphrased.

this is a stickup posted:

I'm not entirely sure tobbs would have the clarity to be thinking that far ahead as scum. he is a pretty timid and withdrawn scum player, and in general that's not something I'd expect tobbs to do as scum

moritz is always a very scummy sounding poster though.

This is an easy stance to take. He comes in, defends you as being townie because you're timid and withdrawn as scum. This is an easy thing to do - especially if you have a known meta.

He then follows that up with calling moritz townie because he's always scummy sounding so hey don't be too hard on the guy right?

Scum like easy stances. Calling people town is an easy stance. It means they're voicing an opinion - therefore, people will think they're town? They don't have to think too hard, they don't have to work too hard. As scum, it can be hard to build a case on someone when you're approaching it knowing that you're scum in the first place.

I don't see any reason they wouldn't have one. it's not like AA would need to come up with a complex fake claim.

Hitting close to the truth. By the way, notice that he didn't have to really come in and say anything about the win condition here? Or before?

To be continued.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm waaaaiiitttiiinnngggg

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm waaaaiiitttiiinnngggg

lrn 2 rd

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ughhh unvote for now.

Same vig PM I'm thinking.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##unvote

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

this is a strange post. my pm says eliminate threats, which would be a pro-town win condition, and you of all people should know tm posts things like that all the time.

Throw some shade, but not too much, on someone else here. He's defending the person who he said always posts scummy, and throwing shade on you who he just called townie previously. He's giving himself outs on either one of you to vote either one of you here. In the end, he's not taking much of a stance either way.

sorry I missed the deadline, I wasn't expecting it to be whatever time it was. gonna lay my thoughts out as I try to collect them

Oh hey guys sorry I wasn't there. I said a couple of things and then just *poof* disappeared. You know, stay in the background.

posted:

I looked over the thread during night phase and decided on killing chaoslord. I thought it was weird he came in to kill someone who hadn't posted at all, when he had done the exact same thing. my gun jammed :v: but someone got him anyway

He's citing an easy target for a townie vigilante to go after - chaoslord whom I also targeted - and if he targeted Tired Moritz, that means he can get away with that because YOU already claimed the kill on tired moritz.

This then means he gets to get away with the whole gun jam thing because both kills are given the same treatment in the moderator's post. He doesn't have to claim EITHER kill which gets to let him look super townie!

posted:

I thought it was a little strange you were pushing a 'slip' right away in the manner that you did, unless you interpret eliminating the threats to the town as an anti-town wincon, which doesn't make any sense. the call of 2 scum in the same post was something I noted and part of the reason I thought your posting was a little weird.

If what you're saying is true about the town win condition -Then this here should be a HUGE RED FLAG. He also interprets it as a, "eliminate threats to the town." He doesn't outright say it but read what he says.

If you think I'm scum for my win condition, then you should also think he's scum for this.

posted:

in a 6 man, all vig micro, I'd assume 1 scum/1 survivor before 2 scum. at the time, I had a slight feeling that you knew a little too much about the setup and were trying to mislead our thought process, but you are being consistent about it, and frankly I don't see the point of lying about it in this game

Here he tries to argue that you are scum based off of set up speculation. He's picking an easy point to go after you for here.

posted:

however, I know you are a proponent of keeping your vote on someone that you really think is scum, yet you dropped off of TM to go for an easy lurker lynch. and today, you're going after windshipper for what you're calling another slip. I feel like it's a little opportunistic on your part, and also curious that you managed to catch TM's 'slip' when windshipper was saying he thinks you're town, but now that we're all that's left, you've caught windshipper for the same thing. how did you manage to overlook windshipper apparently slipping on the exact same thing that TM did, and one post before TM did? I think it's an interesting thing you're bringing up, as it's 100% correct to say nothing at that point matches the exact wincon, but drat if it doesn't feel weird in this context

He's not even calling you scum. He's saying it's weird. It's the same thing he did before with TM and you - He hedges his bets. He doesn't want to make a solid call. That means he can't just flip and drop a vote to make the game go quick.

In a game like this, it's a short game, scum can slip by doing exactly that.

Given that you unvoted me, I'm pretty loving certain that you're town.

Especially given that the win condition thing is something you're holding on to hardcore. If you were scum, you'd be sweating this poo poo hardcore and PMing the mod like crazy.

##vote this is a stickup

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

FYI he's going to come back and vote me.

Anyways, WITH THAT LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I'M GONE FOR THE NIGHT!

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also, you're alive because he figured he can manipulate you.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

windshipper posted:

Hopefully he comes in before deadline. Otherwise I have to vote him because a no lynch is a loss.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
But yeah, I'm town because if I were scum game would already be over.

Ballsy of you if you're town, though, since I was a major target for you.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

But yeah, I'm town because if I were scum game would already be over.

Ballsy of you if you're town, though, since I was a major target for you.

If you were scum the game would not already be over.

It just means he's not around (and it seems as though he isn't).

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also, I leave this on a mic drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ6CcEOmlYU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

windshipper posted:

Uhhhh if I were scum I'd have voted stickup already and won the game.

What are you talking about?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, I thought you meant before now.

Yeah, no, agreed.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Also, because I have to leave this on a mic drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nendMLrpI-s

There's another one.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
so much for the 2 page game

windshipper posted:

This is an easy stance to take. He comes in, defends you as being townie because you're timid and withdrawn as scum. This is an easy thing to do - especially if you have a known meta.

He then follows that up with calling moritz townie because he's always scummy sounding so hey don't be too hard on the guy right?

it's also an easy thing to do when his meta is very obvious. he is both aware that I'm familiar with his meta, and he's familiar enough with TM's meta to confirm what I said. frankly I don't see how you come out of the door with a strong town read on anyone

quote:

Scum like easy stances. Calling people town is an easy stance. It means they're voicing an opinion - therefore, people will think they're town? They don't have to think too hard, they don't have to work too hard. As scum, it can be hard to build a case on someone when you're approaching it knowing that you're scum in the first place.

the first thing you did was call tobbs town with an "I would do this as scum" argument

quote:

Hitting close to the truth. By the way, notice that he didn't have to really come in and say anything about the win condition here? Or before?

To be continued.

is it the truth? tell me more~

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

you've been in a unique position to essentially confirm yourself as town. windshipper has not.

coming back to all of this, it looks to me like windshipper jumped on you because I said I was leaning you, and because you were leaning him. that's the safe vote to make to ensure a lynch. after I never jumped on your vote, he talks you down with a mutual unvote, and immediately he admits to voting you without even reading me.

windshipper posted:

Hold on a minute. I haven't looked through Stick em up fully, so give me a minute.

in a 3 person, confirmed lylo, his first move is to vote for someone without reading the other. the game was two pages at that time.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

in a 3 person, confirmed lylo, his first move is to vote for someone without reading the other. the game was two pages at that time.

I'd read you, but not closely. Given how this game has gone, I think that's probably exactly how everyone else has played. Especially given my daily life normally.

I work as a FF/EMT, and have been working as a company officer in our new volunteer recruit academy - hence the lecture on Wednesday night and me prepping for 9 hours of physical instruction saturday and another 3 hour lecture on Monday night.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

In short - Eat a dick scumbag and get lynched.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

windshipper posted:

it also means windshipper never had the chance to end the game because I didn't have a vote on anyone (surprise! there's a reason for that)

windshipper posted:

Also, you're alive because he figured he can manipulate you.

tobbs knows drat well this isn't the case :v:

windshipper posted:

Oh hey guys sorry I wasn't there. I said a couple of things and then just *poof* disappeared. You know, stay in the background.

if tobbs wasn't confirmed as town, I'd still vote you for this alone

quote:

He's citing an easy target for a townie vigilante to go after - chaoslord whom I also targeted - and if he targeted Tired Moritz, that means he can get away with that because YOU already claimed the kill on tired moritz.

This then means he gets to get away with the whole gun jam thing because both kills are given the same treatment in the moderator's post. He doesn't have to claim EITHER kill which gets to let him look super townie!

w..what is even going on in this part? I tried to kill the person that you did kill, but my gun jammed, therefore I am scum and you are town ???

I could have easily just claimed the kill on chaoslord and it would make literally 0 difference, why bother telling you my gun jammed if it weren't true? there is nothing to gain as town or scum.

quote:

If what you're saying is true about the town win condition -Then this here should be a HUGE RED FLAG. He also interprets it as a, "eliminate threats to the town." He doesn't outright say it but read what he says.

If you think I'm scum for my win condition, then you should also think he's scum for this.
no threats to is the exact wording, I'm not going to quote it verbatim and eat a modkill cheers

quote:

Here he tries to argue that you are scum based off of set up speculation. He's picking an easy point to go after you for here.
stretching pretty drat hard to twist my words. I specifically say he's been consistent, ie truthful in his opinion, which is one of the reasons I don't have a strong scum read on him as if he were manufacturing that opinion

quote:

He's not even calling you scum. He's saying it's weird. It's the same thing he did before with TM and you - He hedges his bets. He doesn't want to make a solid call. That means he can't just flip and drop a vote to make the game go quick.
true, I didn't call him scum because of his meta which I posted very early on in the game. I did not have a strong scum or town read on him. the only reason I do now is because he didn't vote me off.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

windshipper posted:

I'd read you, but not closely. Given how this game has gone, I think that's probably exactly how everyone else has played. Especially given my daily life normally.

I work as a FF/EMT, and have been working as a company officer in our new volunteer recruit academy - hence the lecture on Wednesday night and me prepping for 9 hours of physical instruction saturday and another 3 hour lecture on Monday night.

so it's fine for your real life to keep you from fully reading the thread, but my real life is me intentionally missing a deadline at 11am on a weekday and ducking out of the thread? cool

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

windshipper posted:

this right here is probably the dumbest post in the thread

tobbs is the closest thing to confirmed town as you can be. what other option is there? you're trying to play the victim

##vote windshipper

you can predict the future!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
fyi if I was scum I would have voted tobbs or you after he said he didn't want to argue and won the game either way vOv

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

windshipper posted:

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. It's why I asked him to expand on it.

I agree the phrasing in it seems awkward, but Tobb's response seems just as awkward in both his response to me asking him about Moritz and his response to me asking for clarification.

Part of me has me wondering if that's just because he got put on the spot though. I don't really know any of you, so, I have no meta. I'd appreciate your thoughts on both of them.

And if they have any thoughts on you that'd be cool too.

you agreed with one of the points you called me out on. why didn't you call me out for only calling it weird then? you agreed that it was awkward, is it no longer awkward?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's really dumb.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

so you know, the PM I got has 3 sentences. gun jams, can no longer kill, vanilla vigilante

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I still think windshipper is scum.

##vote windshipper

Game end.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I still think windshipper is scum.

##vote windshipper

Game end.

you made the right call :hf:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

you made the right call :hf:

For who lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: windshipper, we hardly knew ye :(

Votecount for Day 2
With 3 alive, it's 2 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 02nd, 2017 at 11:33 p.m. EST -- that's in about 49 minutes.

• Locked thread