Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

eonwe posted:

lets be switch multi buddies when splatoon comes out

splatoon is good. i still have that f***ing music stuck in my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Goobs posted:

splatoon is good. i still have that f***ing music stuck in my head.

You can just say 'gently caress', dude.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i've had switch for about 4 hours. my thoughts on hardware (games come in mail tomorrow)

handheld mode is the most comfy nintendo handheld in years. good job

joycons loose feel like tiny crap. the straps go on but are a huge pain to get off - i won't be putting them back on ever

joycons as dual individual controllers feel especially bad

joycon grip is useless. too small and no room underneath for fingers.

powercord's wallwart is about 2x the size of the ds one and the cord is much much shorter.

the dock isn't as embarrassing looking as i thought it would be. its very small. its super cheaply made crap though and docking the console feels bad.

the update process takes 2 mintues.

the menus are really nice.

kickstand is ok. it only fails if you push on the very top left of the screen

play it in handheld mode unless you have a pro controller. don't expect to play while charging unless you want to sit within 2 and half feet of the plug or carry an extension cord.

tldr: its a nice handheld. i could have done without all off the console features - none of them impress me.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 3, 2017

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Escobarbarian posted:

You can just say 'gently caress', dude.

gently caress

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I am a 38 year old man and have been a gamer my whole life. This is the first time I've done a midnight launch for anything game related.

Long live the switch.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

How is demand so far?

I am debating swinging by Target (opens 8am) on my way to work to pick one up. I suppose I'm willing to wait a short while, but there's no way I'm lining up at like 5am.

Those of you planning on buying at midnight, how are the lines? Are there even lines at all?

There's a line where I am and they will sell out, but the line didn't fill out until maybe 9PM local.

I think this will be hard to get for a few weeks but it won't be a Wii or NES mini level shortage.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Fetko posted:

My amazon preorder updated to shipping soon this morning with a delivery of Friday by 8pm, but i'm starting to doubt it. Can't remember a shipment this late to update before. Anyone else stuck in amazon shipping purgatory?

Don't worry, I am east coast and mine was marked as shipped about 30 min ago (around 10:30 eastern) and was already scanned by UPS about 2 hours from me. It apparently is getting shipped with items from separate pre-orders I did (1 2 switch, extra AC adapter, screen protector), I think all were different orders so they are on the ball it appears.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Modus Pwnens posted:

There's a line where I am and they will sell out, but the line didn't fill out until maybe 9PM local.

I think this will be hard to get for a few weeks but it won't be a Wii or NES mini level shortage.

As in many things, Nintendo is very slowly learning lessons.

Very slowly.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

I am a 38 year old man and have been a gamer my whole life. This is the first time I've done a midnight launch for anything game related.

Long live the switch.

I waited for Halo 2 with a college roommate and waited in line with another roommate for 10hours overnight in the cold for the Wii. Not doing that anymore. I work weird hours from home, so I am able to catch online pre-orders most of the time luckily. Though getting a poster from Best Buy would have been cool.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Watched a gamestop clerk give someone a 10 minute speech on why they should buy the Zelda season pass right now. Midnight launches are great guys.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

rip me I guess, release day shipping my rear end

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I got Forza 3 at a midnight release. Some guy asked for my gamertag. I said I don't play online and then left as soon as I got my game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Went to get my pre-ring done so I can get in and out super fast at Gamestop. At 6pm there was a huge line of people even though the store only has 8 consoles and one dude in a truck was basically doing doughnuts while screaming "I'LL GIVE 100 BUCKS TO WHOEVER GIVES ME THEIR SPOT IN LINE."

Can't wait to go up there in a couple hours again and see if anythings changed!!

Went to do my prering and there were like 5 dudes waiting in line and I guess one of them thought I was cutting in line because he came up to stand right next to me as the clerk rang up my order (I threw in a procontroller and archer link and guardian amiibo because I am Nintendo's bitch) to I guess try to be all hey man don't cut in front of me and I just did the two fingers to the forehead salute as I walked out with my Gamespot Guest #1 receipt.

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

FireMrshlBill posted:

Don't worry, I am east coast and mine was marked as shipped about 30 min ago (around 10:30 eastern) and was already scanned by UPS about 2 hours from me. It apparently is getting shipped with items from separate pre-orders I did (1 2 switch, extra AC adapter, screen protector), I think all were different orders so they are on the ball it appears.

Yeah, it'll probably ship on time, but it isn't normal. Hoping I don't get my bad-tasting Zelda card in tomorrow and no Switch to keep me from licking it. If the stalwart, upstanding members of the gaming media can't restrain themselves, how can I?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Harlock posted:

Watched a gamestop clerk give someone a 10 minute speech on why they should buy the Zelda season pass right now. Midnight launches are great guys.

I'll do you one better. I watched a clerk attempt to convince somebody to buy the new Zelda game. Just listening in casually, it sounded like the dude was not interested in it at all yet he really wanted the Switch.

I guess that person does exist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Just did the controller sync test. at over 6 feet its ok but spotty when obstructed. beyond 10 its rough and becomes unusable when obstructed

pro controller up

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

The only midnight launch I've been to was GTA 4, and that was only because I found out about it at about 11pm, so a buddy and I went "gently caress it" and waited in line for about a half hour. It was pretty uneventful.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'll do you one better. I watched a clerk attempt to convince somebody to buy the new Zelda game. Just listening in casually, it sounded like the dude was not interested in it at all yet he really wanted the Switch.

I guess that person does exist.

Wanna meet the person who plays New Frontier Days only.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Im sitting in the back of Walmart with eight other young male consumers

I nearly preordered but dedicated to wait. Then the Zelda reviews dropped and I decided not to.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Hell yeah, its a Switchmas miracle

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
I've been messing around with the switch all morning. I'm limited to portable mode (in general) and I got to say that the joycons are just too weedy for me. I know there is the pro controller but that's not useful to someone like me who 95% of the time plays in portable mode. It's serviceable enough though and the games look good on the screen. I'll be looking for a more robust joycon solution in the future.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Fetko posted:

My amazon preorder updated to shipping soon this morning with a delivery of Friday by 8pm, but i'm starting to doubt it. Can't remember a shipment this late to update before. Anyone else stuck in amazon shipping purgatory?

Yea, mine has been "shipping soon" since this morning, still supposedly showing up by 8pm tomorrow. We'll see about that, Amazon wizards..........

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Cojawfee posted:

I got Forza 3 at a midnight release. Some guy asked for my gamertag. I said I don't play online and then left as soon as I got my game.

cool

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

enojy posted:

Yea, mine has been "shipping soon" since this morning, still supposedly showing up by 8pm tomorrow. We'll see about that, Amazon wizards..........

I'm probably being punished for not making posts defending AWS for their recent outage. It's not their fault customers didn't use multiple regions as a backup!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

krursk posted:

I've been messing around with the switch all morning. I'm limited to portable mode (in general) and I got to say that the joycons are just too weedy for me. I know there is the pro controller but that's not useful to someone like me who 95% of the time plays in portable mode. It's serviceable enough though and the games look good on the screen. I'll be looking for a more robust joycon solution in the future.

Atomic Purple Joycon+ (or Pro) with better range, a dpad and sturdier construction would be amazing... make it happen Nintendo

Fetko posted:

Yeah, it'll probably ship on time, but it isn't normal. Hoping I don't get my bad-tasting Zelda card in tomorrow and no Switch to keep me from licking it. If the stalwart, upstanding members of the gaming media can't restrain themselves, how can I?

Ya, my Zelda SE is coming from Gamestop and was shipped earlier this evening though no UPS updates. Also, they are calling for some snow in my area. I can't remember if UPS or Fedex are the ones who pussy out when there is 1/4" of snow half way across the country and have "weather delays". Hoping this doesn't push it back, otherwise my rear end is running up to Walmart/BestBuy/Gamestop to grab a vanilla copy of Zelda to hold me over until Monday and will just see the game out of my SE pack (as long as it is standard).

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

what does it mean for a joycon to be weedy

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

tldr: its a nice handheld. i could have done without all off the console features - none of them impress me.

If Nintendo were trying to gracefully back away from the home console business in a dignified way and shift their focus to handhelds, boy would that look similar to the Switch. (I would be 100% ok with this)

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/Dominos_UK/status/837471352915288064

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Dominos pizza link thicc

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

man nurse posted:

I'm officially in line at Best Buy. Apparently they got like 100 in stock. Quite a line, but far from that number. Godspeed all you goons out there looking for a switch tonight. Wish me luck!

Same duder. 60 extra and we got about 50 people

I was teased with the promise of tickets being handed out at 9 when they closed but turns out that was a lie and it's gonna be 11 :confuoot:

Fricking cold

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

I really wish Nintendo would take 20% off of digital titles. I'm gonna pre-order Splatoon2 but that is a game I would rather have digital on my Switch since I would probably play it periodically while playing through another title. I hate switching game carts, but can't argue with the 20% I will get off from Amazon Prime.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

HyperPuma posted:

what does it mean for a joycon to be weedy

The buttons are replaced with tiny pot leafs and the analog sticks become joints

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I don't know if people already saw this but the official Nintendo store has Switch stuff now. Replacement kickstand for 4bux.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

FireMrshlBill posted:

I really wish Nintendo would take 20% off of digital titles. I'm gonna pre-order Splatoon2 but that is a game I would rather have digital on my Switch since I would probably play it periodically while playing through another title. I hate switching game carts, but can't argue with the 20% I will get off from Amazon Prime.

Especially since when you buy a digital version, you don't even get to put it in your mouth.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

Dr. VooDoo posted:

The buttons are replaced with tiny pot leafs and the analog sticks become joints

Hopefully they don't smell like some skunk, since they are into engaging other sense it appears. Though if they'd coat them in a THC or CBD film...

Cojawfee posted:

Especially since when you buy a digital version, you don't even get to put it in your mouth.
There will be an accessory for that

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Amazon has redeemed themselves by shipping using UPS instead of USPS. They even included the pro controller in tomorrow's delivery, even though it originally said that wouldn't show until Tuesday.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

Hopefully they don't smell like some skunk, since they are into engaging other sense it appears. Though if they'd coat them in a THC or CBD film...

The game carts actually don't have anything on them. Licking them gives you a massive trip that's why Zelda has so many 10/10s

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Waiting in GameStop now

Soon

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

slowly realizing i hosed up by deciding to leave work early tomorrow instead of coming in late

could be picking up my switch now, playing for like three hours, and then sleeping for work, but no, I had to make the wrong call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

e; single player games

• Locked thread