Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

is there any games for the switch besides zelda

you are bringing shame to your gang tag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
UPS shipping goons: UPS is allowing me to select to pick up the package from a UPS Store instead of having it randomly delivered sometime tomorrow. Google tells me it is usually available at 8:30AM the day of scheduled delivery, but the "estimated delivery date" when I go to select a store says Monday.

Does anyone know how this works?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
What if you touch a Switch game card and then eat some Doritos and the gross Switch game taste gets on the Doritos and the Doritos taste bad? Can we expect Nintendo to fix this issue in the Day 1 patch?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

HyperPuma posted:

e; single player games

Oh for sure man

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat the snipper clip demo solo since i'm the only one awake right now. it was ok. i don't think its a particularly good game to own without a crew to play it with but i can see it being good for a couple plays with the right people and some drinks. the faces are very cute so thats a plus.

not really interested in getting the full version. the joycons feel like total rear end to use individually so a short tech demo to show my wife and whoever comes by is all i'm gonna use it for.

also i play the demo at 75% screen brightness, low volume, wifi on and it ate 10% of my battery in about 10 minutes

they probably should have gone with a 480p screen guys.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

beergod posted:

UPS shipping goons: UPS is allowing me to select to pick up the package from a UPS Store instead of having it randomly delivered sometime tomorrow. Google tells me it is usually available at 8:30AM the day of scheduled delivery, but the "estimated delivery date" when I go to select a store says Monday.

You probably had to do it before today. They will likely cancel the delivery but it will sit on a truck until it comes back late in the day and not be available until Monday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

beergod posted:

On UPS, it says you need to do it before the day of delivery. Since it is so late, it might as well be the day of delivery. It's already on a truck to be delivered to you and the driver will just get a notification to skip your delivery and they'll take it off the truck and deliver it to a store on Monday.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

HyperPuma posted:

e; single player games

I've been playing Metal Slug 3 for the past 30 minutes.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

krursk posted:

does it have the slow down a lot of ports of ms games have or is it smooth

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Can't believe I'm waiting in line for my Nintendo Switch, thanks Nintendo you fucks.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

i beat the snipper clip demo solo since i'm the only one awake right now. it was ok. i don't think its a particularly good game to own without a crew to play it with but i can see it being good for a couple plays with the right people and some drinks. the faces are very cute so thats a plus.

not really interested in getting the full version. the joycons feel like total rear end to use individually so a short tech demo to show my wife and whoever comes by is all i'm gonna use it for.

also i play the demo at 75% screen brightness, low volume, wifi on and it ate 10% of my battery in about 10 minutes

they probably should have gone with a 480p screen guys.
Nintendo turd

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Knowing my luck "Arriving by 8pm" means "thrown on your porch at 755pm".

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

krursk posted:

what region are you in? the neo geo games don't seem to be available in NA

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

You can get it in AU/NZ

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

Knowing my luck "Arriving by 8pm" means "thrown on your porch at 755pm".

if mine changes to shipped before i go to bed, i'll be fine with this.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

iajanus posted:

You can get it in AU/NZ

loving australia, first they get trees full of giant bat swarms now they get neo geo ports. bastards

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Novasol posted:

Amazon release day shipping: Not actually release day.

They sent the Switch via FedEx, which never, ever delivers to my house (it's at the top of a hill and they don't want to go up the driveway) so I won't actually get it until Monday most likely.

:negative:

Thanks Amazon. I don't even have an estimate. Unless they're sending a loving courier to get me my Switch then RIP my weekend.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
From my personal experience "arriving by 8 pm" is almost always code for "lmao don't bother expecting this before 6"

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

HyperPuma posted:

e; single player games

I Am Setsuna
Fast RMX or whatever it is called
Blaster Master (comes out on the 9th)

corn on the cop posted:

From my personal experience "arriving by 8 pm" is almost always code for "lmao don't bother expecting this before 6"

Usually the case. My old place was 7-7:30. However I moved into my house last month and not sure the UPS driver comes by here, only USPS. Going to be cramming as much work as I can get in before it arrives, then all bets are off.

Oh poo poo, I still haven't set up the HDMI switch on that TV, well, there is a project for tomorrow as well.

FireMrshlBill fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Mar 3, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i will probably buy blaster master if its like 10 bux cause i love the original and was just saying, boy i wish they made more of these games, like a month ago

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

FireMrshlBill posted:

I Am Setsuna
Fast RMX or whatever it is called
Blaster Master (comes out on the 9th)

:whitewater:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Can't believe I'm waiting in line for my Nintendo Switch, thanks Nintendo you fucks.

:same:

Local GameStop is packed, but that might just be because the store is, like, 3 ft by 3 ft.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!
To all who are standing in line, godspeed you fucks. Get it!

I'm sure there are more

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

Gamestop ran out of botw posters before 12 am. Which is pretty lame

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I can't believe I'm buying Breath of the Wild for the Wii U.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

On UPS, it says you need to do it before the day of delivery. Since it is so late, it might as well be the day of delivery. It's already on a truck to be delivered to you and the driver will just get a notification to skip your delivery and they'll take it off the truck and deliver it to a store on Monday.

I figured this out. I had to select the "main" UPS shipping hub in my area and that changed it to allow me to pick it up tomorrow morning.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Real hurthling! posted:

does it have the slow down a lot of ports of ms games have or is it smooth

It runs just like the originals does which includes a bit of slowdown when sprites and explosions go nuts all at once. Metal Slug 3 was a pretty good with minimal slowdown compared to MS2 so it wasn't really a distraction for me. There are decent options for scaling too, with Pixel perfect, soft filter, several scanline options and even a weird crt vertical scrolling effect which looks kinda like a really lovely beat to hell arcade monitor under cheap fluorescent lights.

If you want to play any neo geo games without any slowdown there are hack options within most PC emulators to deal with that. It's not really an authentic experience but whatever floats your boat.

As for region I'm in Australia.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004

beergod posted:

I figured this out. I had to select the "main" UPS shipping hub in my area and that changed it to allow me to pick it up tomorrow morning.

And now they change the delivery date to Monday. loving hell. Is there anything I can do?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Literally kill dominoes pizza

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Man, I hate having to play Breath of the Wild on WiiU. Just had to take a dump and since the walls are so thick here I'm not able to bomb some dodongos while dropping a poodongo. Had to read a bloody newspaper.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Is the pro controller gonna be rare? I'm about to head to my local best buy to pick up my pre-order and would like one of those.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Literally kill dominoes pizza

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
Are *all* Best Buys and Walmarts doing 12AM releases without preorders?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

beergod posted:

Are *all* Best Buys and Walmarts doing 12AM releases without preorders?

No

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I actually planned to order pizza this weekend so I could get maximum Zeldaing in but now I'm kinda put off by that picture, tbh.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

So two problems I am experiencing, likely a result of first day jitters is being unable to post screenshots to Facebook and also having some game videos in the Store freeze after about 10 seconds. Anyone have these issues?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I here the joycons aren't comfortable in the grip being perfectly parallel. I wonder if a 3rd party grip could improve the ergonomics. I always used grips on my 3ds because the thinness hurt after a while.

I'll wait on a charging grip to see what comes out.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

beergod posted:

And now they change the delivery date to Monday. loving hell. Is there anything I can do?

you probably hosed it up by doing stuff

should have just let it come in the mail

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Walmart still hasn't shipped mine.

I had to use my vacation days to get this weekend off. If this shipment is late, I basically won't get to try out my Switch until next year. Nintendo fucks me again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I just ate 1-2 Switch and I am absolutely tripping balls. Whatever Nintendo put on these things has me in a daze and I'm seeing some crazy poo poo right now.

• Locked thread