Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Walmart still hasn't shipped mine.

I had to use my vacation days to get this weekend off. If this shipment is late, I basically won't get to try out my Switch until next year. Nintendo fucks me again.

I'm glad you learned your lesson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Is the pro controller gonna be rare? I'm about to head to my local best buy to pick up my pre-order and would like one of those.

The Walmart I'm at only got two.

They had 110 preorders and have 9 Switches for non preorder holders. And this is a Walmart in a town of 12,000 people.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Switch is in a delivery centre really close to me now and I got all anxious for nothin (although I was expecting that to be the case tbh). If it comes as part of the regular mail I'll get it before midday. FUUUUUUCK YES

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Lol just Prime Now'd a Neon switch for delivery tomorrow after work

Five Switchezzzzz

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Got my midnight switch

Can confirm that the cartridges taste like rear end

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Walmart had some show up online at midnight eastern. I snagged one and got all the way through payment and got a confirmation email. Immediately followed by a cancellation email and a bunch of Fraud alert stuff from my credit union. Seems like charges to Walmart send up the questionable use flag and they held the charges.

I want to be pissed at my credit union as I just found out today that my wife wants to play Zelda, but probably better in the long run they are a little over protective.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I got my donx yall

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

deadwing posted:

Lol just Prime Now'd a Neon switch for delivery tomorrow after work

Five Switchezzzzz

Sorry to say, but you're what's wrong in the world.

Neon Switch obtained, coffee for MAXIMUM ZELDA pending.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

hopeandjoy posted:

Sorry to say, but you're what's wrong in the world.

Neon Switch obtained, coffee for MAXIMUM ZELDA pending.

I'm going to sell my excess ones (two switches) at list price :buddy:

skog
Aug 20, 2009
I'm thinking of buying another charger to use in my bedroom but can anyone confirm if an ipad brick + USB-C works for charging?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

skog posted:

I'm thinking of buying another charger to use in my bedroom but can anyone confirm if an ipad brick + USB-C works for charging?

Switch charges at 15v 2.6a

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

skog posted:

Does the ipad use USB C? The charger would have to support the 15v mode.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
30 more minutes

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My backwater Best Buy had like 100 consoles. There were at least 50 people in line, my dumb rear end waiting for like 3 hours for no reason, and then they wheel out an entire cart filled with black and neon switches.

Nintendo likes publicizing long lines as they limit online orders then ship a ton of consoles to stores.

Except the NES Mini. Nobody at Nintendo thought it would outsell 6 months of the Wii U.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Am at gamestop waiting, pretty rough scene
There's this guy who has the 3DS section of the store all to himself and I can smell why

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Neon switches are still available on Prime Now in Tampa area, delivery as early as 10 tomorrow

Nov 24, 2014

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Is the thread title gonna be changed every 12 seconds like the last two Switch threads?

No, and if VideoGames does do that, I will politely ask him not to do that

Lame

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am going to get a haircut and pick up my switch at my mom's tomorrow.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I resisted the urge to lick my Zelda cart

Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Got a non preorder switch from Walmart but they told me they weren't selling games tonight. What the gently caress Walmart?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

I didn't

It's not so bad at first but it really lingers

I can still feel it on my tongue

Gah

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

Sea Sponge Run posted:

But licking it gives you the Breath of the Wild.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Flatulance-a-lot posted:

Got a non preorder switch from Walmart but they told me they weren't selling games tonight. What the gently caress Walmart?

I work for Walmart all Walmart processes are f***** up nobody knows what's going on I've heard Tales of people being told they can't buy it until the 8th

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Has anybody made a meal out of the Switch cartridges yet? Maybe a Fettuswitch Alfredo or a pastrami sandswitch with a side of fries?

I melted my Bomberman R into a roux and mixed it together to make a pretty kickass gumbo that tastes like chemicals and poo poo.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Hot takes:

drat it's small.

Battery pretty much dead on joycons and 40% switch battery means handheld mode tonight.

It's annoying entering in a password every time I want to use the eshop.

I can import my WiiU/3DS mii from an amiibo. Cool.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Dehry posted:

try the "Skip Password" checkbox

Fetko
Oct 21, 2004

Dehry posted:

One review suggested that this could be disabled.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Flatulance-a-lot posted:

check redbox maybe they got swithces games in there

Freshwater Louie
Jun 22, 2004

fffffffff

SlayVus posted:

I work for Walmart all Walmart processes are f***** up nobody knows what's going on I've heard Tales of people being told they can't buy it until the 8th

Walmart is totally F****** terrible.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Picked mine up from Walmart. I was a preorder, and the second preordered one to arrive when I got there at 11, so I was allowed to skip the line and get my system second.

Downloading Zelda. Took about 5 minutes to get to 5%. So that's hopefully... 100 minutes? Dunno if I'll stay up long enough, to be honest. I'm taking tomorrow off anyways.

I'm about to print this on my 3D printer, to see if it functions well with a real unit. (The Ocarina of Time that I started printing since 6pm just finished a couple minutes ago.)

edit: My Walmart was selling games and accessories, but they wouldn't sell them to the preorders until the people who've been waiting in line before us got theirs. Fair enough, we only preordered the system. And I don't mind, I don't plan on getting any other hardware or physical games. My case for the system is arriving today, and my screen protector comes next Friday.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Only a few minutes in to Zelda and my switch is about as hot as a laptop.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dehry posted:

I can import my WiiU/3DS mii from an amiibo. Cool.
Thank God! I don't have to recreate Hitler, Jesus, all the members of Dethklok and all the others from scratch.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Am at gamestop waiting, pretty rough scene
There's this guy who has the 3DS section of the store all to himself and I can smell why

I stupidly went to Gamestop where they sold the console to two twenty something NEETs at 6pm and they were camped in the store until midnight.

Do I really need to say "gently caress Gamestop?"

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Still in line outside Best Buy on the east coast. There were 50 non-preorders available, I got 47. First guy in the preorder line left on a bicycle. Second guy was a short old Asian man with at least 7-8 Switches v:shobon:v

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anyone else tried posting a photo to Facebook yet? I tried and it was fairly blurry on my PC screen, even when not blown up much.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

al-azad posted:

I stupidly went to Gamestop where they sold the console to two twenty something NEETs at 6pm and they were camped in the store until midnight.

Do I really need to say "gently caress Gamestop?"

owned

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

enojy posted:

Still in line outside Best Buy on the east coast. There were 50 non-preorders available, I got 47. First guy in the preorder line left on a bicycle. Second guy was a short old Asian man with at least 7-8 Switches v:shobon:v

if you got 47 preorders and some other guy 8 preorders than that is more than 50 switches

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
Day One update for the console and Zelda downloaded like super fast, which surprised me.

Console is really neat so far! The kickstand is kinda rear end but it does the job.

Also, in case it wasn't mentioned, it has a Dark Mode theme in the Settings.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Yeah, I bought Bomberman on the Switch (it was $10-15 cheaper than physical) and it downloaded the whole thing quite quickly. Impressed, especially for Day 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's kind of funny the Zelda special edition box is nearly twice as big as Switch box.

• Locked thread