Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
By shotgun, his life was given.

By shotgun, it is taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Backhand posted:

By shotgun, his life was given.

By shotgun, it is RIPPED AND TORN OUT OF HIS HUGE GUTS!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Thought you guys might like this

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Thought you guys might like this

I am the rocket thumbs-up

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Taking a peek at the Rimworld mod forums to see if anything cool's been released.

Mod Creator posted:

Thrud Mech:

A formidable Mech, also with 2 skills: siege mode and fortitude shield. Siege mode anchors a Thrud to ground, but allows it to use Thrud Siege Gun, a long range bombardment weapon. Fortitude shield makes a Thrud invulnerable for 30 sec, at the cost of huge power consumption.

A Thrud must recharge on a recharge station. If body parts of a Thrud is ripped off, you can repair it using Cyborg Part Forger.

:buddy: That looks rad! How do you build one?

Mod Creator posted:

the colonist is not in the mech. It's the fushion of a young woman and the machine.
Build a Unfinished Thrud Mech, then sacrifice a girl to activitive the mech - the girl must less than 30 years old.

:stare:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
It's a stretch but out of optimism I'd say it references, somewhat, Big O, and whatever else used that as some kind of plot tech, like DX:Human Revolution. In Big O, Dorothy was wired into a giant robot, and one later character, another android, had himself fused to a giant robot as well.

That mech is badass looking though.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013

Lunethex posted:

It's a stretch but out of optimism I'd say it references, somewhat, Big O, and whatever else used that as some kind of plot tech, like DX:Human Revolution. In Big O, Dorothy was wired into a giant robot, and one later character, another android, had himself fused to a giant robot as well.

Hell, the MECs from X-COM Enemy Within are this, except without the creepy specification of only ladies under thirty or the weird rear end word choice of "sacrifice a girl".

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ArkInBlack posted:

Hell, the MECs from X-COM Enemy Within are this, except without the creepy specification of only ladies under thirty or the weird rear end word choice of "sacrifice a girl".

Yeah it was mainly how specific he got with the age/gender, and also that when he says "sacrifice", he means it in a ritualistic sense.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Remove the whole creepy aspect of young girl, but keep the concept of ritual sacrifices to get amazing machines.
Some W40K up in this bitch.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Michaellaneous posted:

Remove the whole creepy aspect of young girl, but keep the concept of ritual sacrifices to get amazing machines.

On the subject of human sacrifice, there's a pretty rad Call of Cthulhu mod that lets you sacrifice jerks for various other worldly prizes :v: mostly it's just the human sacrifice/waifu mashup that has me skeeved out

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Lunethex posted:

On the other hand, I thought it was a Scarlet Blade reference.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Danaru posted:

Taking a peek at the Rimworld mod forums to see if anything cool's been released.

:buddy: That looks rad! How do you build one?

:stare:

The funny thing is this would tie in perfectly with a vanilla organ farm if it was wasn't for the skeevy age/gender restriction on them.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Michaellaneous posted:

Dreadnoughts would be amazing.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Danaru posted:

Yeah it was mainly how specific he got with the age/gender, and also that when he says "sacrifice", he means it in a ritualistic sense.

"Moe, Sex Slave"?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Dirk the Average posted:

Dreadnoughts would be amazing.

WH40K lore is great, it's just such a shame GW is involved in the games and miniatures.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Discendo Vox posted:

"Moe, Sex Slave"?

:magical: Holy poo poo I missed that

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

For whatever reason, I thought the mechs were the giant chocolate coronet worms on the left at first.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Max Wilco posted:

For whatever reason, I thought the mechs were the giant chocolate coronet worms on the left at first.

Those would be the mechnoids if you never seen them before in vanilla rimworld. :v:

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles
I'm surprised the girl doesn't also have to be a virgin.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

greententacle posted:

I'm surprised the girl doesn't also have to be a virgin.

But then you'd have to choose between mec or sex. This way, once you're done with them, you trade them in for a killbot!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Being fair to the mod maker, that "sex slave" background turns up oddly often, and characters with it are usually girls under 30 and always totally useless. I think the restriction is coming from a "how do I make these shits useful" standpoint, not a weird fetishist standpoint.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Being fair to the mod maker, that "sex slave" background turns up oddly often, and characters with it are usually girls under 30 and always totally useless. I think the restriction is coming from a "how do I make these shits useful" standpoint, not a weird fetishist standpoint.

You are not nearly cynical enough to be on SA

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

That's optimistic, and it's still kind of loving weird.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You are not nearly cynical enough to be on SA

But also this, admittedly. I yearn to have that sunny a disposition.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

So, I gotta wonder. Can you have sex with the mechs?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Ratoslov posted:

So, I gotta wonder. Can you have sex with the mechs?

No but I've got you covered

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=860692531&searchtext=

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

That's pretty drat horrible.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Don't forget the Lamia mod, which is hilarious that the picture shows off the female version of the sprite and tucked away in the corner is the male version of the sprite. Which is just the female version, tits and all, just with blue skin and red scales.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

but...nutritious breast milk

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

quote:

--Ideas for other additional Monstergirls:
1) -Deergirl fawn, Deergirl male, Deergirl doe ( that is if dryad isnt intended to be that already)
resources; milk, hair
2) -Snakegirl, Snakegirl male.
-found in extreme desert, desert, jungle.
resources; egg, scales.
3) -Spidergirl, Spidergirl male.
-resources; carapace scale(? just an idea) or venom?(i dont know about venom being a fun idea, ** venom-milk ** might be more fun though.), also: Silk (duh).
4) -Siberian Sabertooth Catgirl? or * Catgirl * Catgirl male.
-resources; milk, hair
-found in tundra, boreal forest
5) Snow Foxgirl, Foxgirl
-resources; milk, hair
-tundra

Other Ideas

-I don't think there's need to have 4 different species of monstergirls on any one given map with a colony; think about or do consider updating this mod to make any monstergirls slightly to many much more rare or harder to find.

X-girl males, otherwise known as...X-boys?

Also he specifies fawns, ugh.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

jizzy sillage posted:

X-girl males, otherwise known as...X-boys?

That's insulting, they're not boys, they're male monstergirls of all ages.

(Ugh indeed.)

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014
OH BOY :godwinning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMQ-W-j7Jow :godwinning:

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Humans were a mistake. Jfc.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Jesus loving christ the comment section.

Don't do it to yourself.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Memento posted:

Jesus loving christ the comment section.

Don't do it to yourself.

quote:

The White Hatted Gamer1 month ago
i did nazi that coming, did jew?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

that is because that background was submitted by a backer. the game chooses pawns a little oddly. there's a very high chance of a certain number of backer pawns showing up in any particular game, and the game coin flips on whether or not any new pawn will be male or female. if it determines it's time for a backer pawn to show up, and the coin flip comes up female, there's a grand total of like 8 or 9 female backer pawns to choose from, vs multiple dozens of male pawns (because, unsurprisingly, most of the whale backers of rimworld are weird shut in dudes). one of those female pawns is that sex slave pawn.

the other thing you'll see showing up weirdly often if you look are computer programmer or other nerd backgrounds on male pawns that for whatever reason have almost no penalties or restrictions. because, unsurprisingly, those weird shut in dudes that made those backgrounds wanted to be demigods in their video games.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Coolguye posted:

that is because that background was submitted by a backer. the game chooses pawns a little oddly. there's a very high chance of a certain number of backer pawns showing up in any particular game, and the game coin flips on whether or not any new pawn will be male or female. if it determines it's time for a backer pawn to show up, and the coin flip comes up female, there's a grand total of like 8 or 9 female backer pawns to choose from, vs multiple dozens of male pawns (because, unsurprisingly, most of the whale backers of rimworld are weird shut in dudes). one of those female pawns is that sex slave pawn.

the other thing you'll see showing up weirdly often if you look are computer programmer or other nerd backgrounds on male pawns that for whatever reason have almost no penalties or restrictions. because, unsurprisingly, those weird shut in dudes that made those backgrounds wanted to be demigods in their video games.

Kickstarter is a plague

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

The Jow in the url made me do a doubletake.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

Kickstarter is a plague

To be fair it's not like the guy who made Rimworld is any less of a gross STEMlord himself.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Guy Mann posted:

To be fair it's not like the guy who made Rimworld is any less of a gross STEMlord himself.

Not this poo poo again. He's on the autism spectrum, stop being ableist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Not this poo poo again. He has autism, stop being ableist.

Holy poo poo dude