Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Doughboys Patreon was a no-brainer for me. I already support the Best Show, and I will instantly support the hopefully inevitable Hollywood Handbook Patreon. I get that some weird people prefer HH with ads, but they could fit in an extra segment or two per episode if they didn't spend twenty minutes on storyline developments for the ads.

Direct subscriptions from patrons allow podcast hosts to do less of the 'work' part of podcasting (getting advertisers, reading ads, feeling obligated to get guests, etc.).

I can't wait for when they realize how much they are going to be paid to eat unhealthy food several times a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

I now give as much money to Doughboys a month as I do the ACLU.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I now give as much money to Doughboys a month as I do the ACLU.

Same.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the fact that i am way more willing to spend 5$ a month on a doughboys patreon than 5$ a month on howl says a lot about the implementation of the latter

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
There was a recent podcast interview with Scott Aukerman where he revealed that Scripps bought the company primarily for the advertising relationships of Midroll. It didn't seem like he was thrilled with the future of Earwolf. I think there will probably be pressure to start cutting smaller shows within the next two years.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Dough boys will be my first ever pateron donation & I'll be happy to do it... right after they review mcdonalds.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Does anyone have the Last Supper painting of the aliens from last year?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Last year, we were deciding which burger we would send to the aliens, the first offering of the human race..."
"So this year, should we send it to...the Devil?"

What the gently caress, Mitch, what was that thought process? I had to rewind it to see if I'd missed something.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The devil is more intense than aliens. L2 heighten noob.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Nick Wiger is the weirdest guy i've ever listened to. I've literally never heard someone talk in the uptight, strangely formal/corny way in which he does. It's no wonder that Mitch gets so frustrated with him.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

people who support mitch over nick should not be allowed to vote

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Mitch life

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

The Gungan Style sketch is pretty fantastic though, you just have to not turn it off in disgust for the first 40 seconds or so.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Is it my podcast app or have there been huge stretches of silence before the show starts lately

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Feral uses an ad system that inserts ads into specific times during the show. This allows them to put new ads in old shows. If there is an error, the file can sometimes end up with a silent section where an ad should be. I've had it happen a couple times, including on this week's episode.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

"Last year, we were deciding which burger we would send to the aliens, the first offering of the human race..."
"So this year, should we send it to...the Devil?"

What the gently caress, Mitch, what was that thought process? I had to rewind it to see if I'd missed something.

He's mentioned either on different ep or another podcast that he has a legit fear of the devil due to his Catholic upbringing. He's just the opposite of a reality show contestant; he's here to make friends!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
To me, that made it even more surprising that he suggested sending him food.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

If they send the devil enough food he will become good again. How is this confusing.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Mitch and Nick, on the podcast: were going to send the devil all the best chicken, so he becomes an angel again. We've just described the funny premise of our rating system. Hello.

Web forum posters: ????? Where is this coming from..? The devil isn't real and in the Bible it doesn't say he'll be a good guy if he eats chicken McNuggets? Are these guys... on loving drugs? And where can I get some?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
They are not on drugs. Wiger was adamant that they weren't going to review crack.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I wonder how much more $$ they'd have if they had more than a $5 patreon tier.

I have a very odd love for this podcast, but the fact that they are pulling in $4k/month for the podcast is pretty hilarious. I will say that the podcast encourages me to eat far more fast food than I would normally.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
They probably modelled themselves closely on Chapo Trap House which also has just the one $5 tier for an extra episode and are currently raking in $45k.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

He's mentioned either on different ep or another podcast that he has a legit fear of the devil due to his Catholic upbringing. He's just the opposite of a reality show contestant; he's here to make friends!

He's also afraid of ghosts.

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

Mr. Squishy posted:

They probably modelled themselves closely on Chapo Trap House which also has just the one $5 tier for an extra episode and are currently raking in $45k.

Wiger interacts with the dry boys on twitter a lot, actually.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Another piece of the intensely strange Wiger puzzle: dude likes Ghostbusters 2 over the first one.

I don't trust that guy one bit.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

caligulamprey posted:

Another piece of the intensely strange Wiger puzzle: dude likes Ghostbusters 2 over the first one.

I don't trust that guy one bit.
i agree with wiger.

this episode was very sincere. i miss fran.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Drinks can go down the sink for gods sake. They don't have to go in your butts you weird men.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Drunkboxer posted:

Drinks can go down the sink for gods sake. They don't have to go in your butts you weird men.

I mean, they don't HAVE to, but they CAN

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'd watch a holocaust... ten holocausts

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Commissioner Susser is making some impressive rulings on the first Patreon episode. Let's just say that sides may not be on the sidelines, and drinks may be on the field.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Susser is going to be the reason they quit the show

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Id like to see Wendys spicy chicken go all the way.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

manyak posted:

Id like to see Wendys spicy chicken go all the way.

There's a good chance it will with Mitch's thumb on the scale

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Its going to make it all the way to the finals before losing to the In n' Out Double Double hamburger.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Its going to make it all the way to the finals before losing to the In n' Out Double Double hamburger.

Bacon Double Del from Del Taco, what are the odds

(Recently found out there's a very rare "outer market" Del Taco like 5 hours from me. Considering making the trip.)

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Anyone else think post fight doughboys has not been as good?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I don't have an opinion because I haven't listened to a single episode and won't till they review McDonalds.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Spoonman gets his gently caress on in the first five minutes of season 2 Love.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Episode four of S2 is loaded with primo Mitch content, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

xbilkis posted:

Episode four of S2 is loaded with primo Mitch content, too

This is a child's toy, but it is tool of a man.