Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Blasphemeral posted:

I'm really interested in this game, and own a Wii-U, but don't want to spend $300+ on a new Zelda machine. The OP says the Wii-U version is virtually identical, but has anyone posted an actual analysis or comparison? I don't want to drop $60 and spend a few hours of my time just to be disappointed.

IGN did one. Digital foundry is probably working on one now.

IGN shows a bit from the very start of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Omfg I charged a moblin and link RAN UP his body like a rock and I jump slashed him. Holy poo poo

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Amazon's customer service is terrible and they are 100% lying to you.

:( That hurts my heart.

Edit: In the last few minutes my order has gone from "Preparing to ship", to "Shipping today."

I'm still holding out hope!

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

havenwaters posted:

IGN did one. Digital foundry is probably working on one now.

IGN shows a bit from the very start of the game.
I've watched the digital foundry docked vs undocked comparison and I think the Wii U version lies pretty much right in between them--there are definitely some frame skips but it definitely doesn't detract from the experience. It's better than Skyward Sword was on Wii in terms of framerate, it's more than serviceable.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I love that this game lets you do what you want. I just activated a Shieka tower I really don't think I was supposed to do yet. It was surrounded by guardians and I just rode a horse past them, jumped off, and managed to climb the whole thing dodging like 4 lasers.

RCarr posted:

Edit: In the last few minutes my order has gone from "Preparing to ship", to "Shipping today."

I've gotten deliveries as late as 7-8pm sometimes. No guarantee, but its possible.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RCarr posted:

Where are you located exactly? Amazon has warehouses loving everywhere, it's how they can do 2-day and same day delivery for thousands of items. I know a few people IIT have said they've had bad experiences with Amazon; I guess I am kind of spoiled, I am in Chicago and they have never missed a guaranteed delivery date.

(fyi I did not preorder a Switch through Amazon though so I can't really speak to the current scenario)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I cancelled my order and Amazon still gave me £5 credit so I guess it wasn't all bad, also I bought the game from an actual shop.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Bestbuy just said they were sorry and that was it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Guy A. Person posted:

Where are you located exactly? Amazon has warehouses loving everywhere, it's how they can do 2-day and same day delivery for thousands of items. I know a few people IIT have said they've had bad experiences with Amazon; I guess I am kind of spoiled, I am in Chicago and they have never missed a guaranteed delivery date.

(fyi I did not preorder a Switch through Amazon though so I can't really speak to the current scenario)

I live less than an hour from an Amazon Fulfillment Center. But in order for me to get it today they would have to get it from that center, to UPS, and then UPS would have to deliver it to me. All within 3 hours. I highly doubt that happening.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

ditty bout my clitty posted:

I own a wii u basic (lol) and tried running this game from the USB.

It did not work very well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dude, the store broke street date and I tried to run the UPDATE from the USB. Ask next time?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Maybe I have the worst Wii U and I love this game but I can't go very long without the framerate taking a nose dive. Thinking of using the game pads lower resolution when I'm in town.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

For people who have been playing a while: how many runes are there for the Sheikah Slate? Is it just Magnesis, Stasis, Cryonis, and the bombs, or are there more later on?

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Is there a way to turn off the sound effect on the shrine finder tool? It's pretty annoying.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

Despera posted:

Maybe I have the worst Wii U and I love this game but I can't go very long without the framerate taking a nose dive. Thinking of using the game pads lower resolution when I'm in town.
It's hard to tell if my standards are low or if there really is some variation in what people are experiencing. Yours is updated to 1.1.0 right?

Is it worse than the battle on the left side in this video (i linked to the specific time in the video)? I'd say that's as bad as it ever gets for me. It is like that in town but it really doesn't bother me.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

So I was watching a speedrunner practicing some bosses, and I managed to make a pretty cool suggestion. (Boss name spoiler and a mechanic spoiler)Waterblight Ganon's spear throw can be shield parried to reflect it back.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Well, huh. This loving game.

I was foraging for mushrooms on the Great Plateau when all of a sudden, an earthquake occurs. I didn't look behind myself fast enough to see that A loving GIANT ROCK MONSTER emerged from underground! I eventually beat it up and took all of its ore. THIS loving GAME!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So I've been paying zero attention to this, and only just noticed that it is in fact out today. I guess I'm obligated to pick it up? :v:

Annoying because a new Path of Exile league started today, I got Horizon on Tuesday, and NieR Automata is next week. That's too much gaming!

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Mar 3, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gently caress Amazon. Preordered this poo poo months ago, the order tracker still says arriving today, and they haven't even shipped the loving thing yet. And of course they already took my money despite both not shipping and missing release day. :toot:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

For people who have been playing a while: how many runes are there for the Sheikah Slate? Is it just Magnesis, Stasis, Cryonis, and the bombs, or are there more later on?

I was wondering the same thing. If you check your shiekah slate though, and look at the runes... there's a blank space for another one to go there. And previously its not like there were exactly that many spaces, it adds spaces as you get more.

So I think the implication is that there's a few more :) I really hope so.

That said, its definitely not one new rune for EVERY shrine, I've done a few that just use a combination of those runes.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Amazon seems to be disappointing lots of people with this one: http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/3/14808024/amazon-switch-delivery

oh dear :ohdear:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Harrow posted:

there's also a photo rune that lets you take selfies and more importantly catalogue everything you take pictures of in a compendium that adds location info you can reference if you are looking for an enemy/animal/material you took a pic of, and an amiibo using rune.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Whoa, just found a very large boss in the fields. I don't know if beating it actually did anything but I beat it, an hour of one shot deaths later

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Keese swarms at night are terrifying

I was like "what on earth is that sound?!?!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Infinity Gaia posted:

The painter? I talked to him and he didn't give me a sidequest. Is it because I had already done the thing he seems to want done before finding him? Did I miss out on the follow-up quest because of it?

I forgot poo poo. Go back to him when you reach the person you're supposed to reach on the next village. Even if you miss out on the painter, he doesn't give you the other quest, he just so happens to be helpful for it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

loving christ, this island. THIS ISLAND. This is equal parts loving awesome and loving HARD.

Without spoiling anything, be careful what islands you land on while exploring the ocean...

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
1 1/2 hours till I can go play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

loving christ, this island. THIS ISLAND. This is equal parts loving awesome and loving HARD.

Without spoiling anything, be careful what islands you land on while exploring the ocean...

Ahh! Can you give me a general location for it? I tried searching for That Island but couldn't find anything, it's on my top four things to do right now.

Wait, it is the island that takes away your gear, right? or does it just happen to have a super tough enemy and a mimic

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance
I've only played for a few hours but this game is awesome but playing with the WiiU gamepad is kind of a hassle. Are there any WiiU Pro controllers on sale anywhere?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I killed one of those Skeletons and punted his head down a hill.

9.9/10
games good

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Ahh! Can you give me a general location for it? I tried searching for That Island but couldn't find anything, it's on my top four things to do right now.

Wait, it is the island that takes away your gear, right? or does it just happen to have a super tough enemy and a mimic

Yeah that's the one, the kicker is you can't save on it so I lost like 30 minutes of progress to a hidden octorok.

Anyways general location is... Just head more or less straight south lil bit east from Hateno village. You can see the island from the shrine in the middle of the ocean.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This just in...

Games good.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Playing on Wii U and although you can tell the system is chugging at times it really hasn't effected gameplay. Looks great too.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Infinity Gaia posted:

The painter? I talked to him and he didn't give me a sidequest. Is it because I had already done the thing he seems to want done before finding him? Did I miss out on the follow-up quest because of it?

I also found the fairy fountain myself. But once you have the camera rune (thing you get at Hateno village) he'll want to do the quest anyway. Follow him up the hill towards the thing, he'll stop and get tired halfway then just ask you to go there yourself and do a thing. Do the thing, go back to him, and he'll then become super helpful for a major side quest. (Vague idea of what it is: he'll appear around the world in different towns or stables etc, and help you track down your missing memories)

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Hihohe posted:

I killed one of those Skeletons and punted his head down a hill.

9.9/10
games good

I did this at one point as well. This game is so much fun.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm stuck in zelder. I did the first 4 shrines and need to meet old dude where they cross, but i can't find him. I went to the temple of time and upgraded my health but no old dude. Help!

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I'm stuck in zelder. I did the first 4 shrines and need to meet old dude where they cross, but i can't find him. I went to the temple of time and upgraded my health but no old dude. Help!

Climb the Temple of Time.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah that's the one, the kicker is you can't save on it so I lost like 30 minutes of progress to a hidden octorok.

Anyways general location is... Just head more or less straight south lil bit east from Hateno village. You can see the island from the shrine in the middle of the ocean.

Oh, wow okay that makes sense, lol I was searching on a different coast. I think i'll finish up stuff on the west and then head right there!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

snoremac posted:

Climb the Temple of Time.

I forgot i can do that! Thanks!

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
Early game mechanics question about horses: Will the horse come back to a stable if I just leave it in the wild, or do I have to find a properly marked stable? Similarly, is there one near Hateno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

Did you skip the cutscene or go to the bathroom? The old dude tells you to meet him on the roof after the cutscene where you get more health.