Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What's a deck I can play to counter Armoury? My Combrei decks have lost every single match against it and it's starting to piss me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

I built big combrei mostly freerolling draft until my MMR stabilized and now I'm lucky to go 3-3. :(

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

FractalSandwich posted:

What's a deck I can play to counter Armoury? My Combrei decks have lost every single match against it and it's starting to piss me off.

You can tech hard against them with anti-attachment stuff or ways to block harsh rule (Stand Together is perfect for that in combrei) just go really aggressive with Jito, or hit them with a bunch of dudes at once so they can't swing face, like shimmerpack.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

No Wave posted:

A decent starter deck is the rakano one they give you as a theme deck, not a deck with 17 crucial rares (at least 12 of which are unreplaceable) that turns into a month-long project to race to tier 1 completion

Which one is that? Because I'm only seeing mono-color.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

vulturesrow posted:

You get the 5 mono color decks from the tutorial, then it should give you one 2 color deck. You get a new 2 color deck each week until you have all 5. Rakano is Green/Red.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

vulturesrow posted:

Yeah this is the other weird thing. They give you a "theme deck" for each faction once a week for 5 weeks and they arrive in a random order.

Waiting 5 weeks isn't reasonable ofc, so if you want a deck for gauntlet/forge that will work with commons/uncommons, you can look up a rakano aggro deck and swap in similar (warcry) units and whatever weapons you own.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Mar 4, 2017

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

delfin posted:

EDIT: By the way, while I'm floating around in Ranked Silver could you stop matching me up against Diamonds? Thanks.

Used to be that people went back to square one every month, and you know I like rolling games as much as the next guy but playing a fully tricked out stonescar burn against someone with what's clearly a starter deck isn't good for the game or much fun

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

No Wave posted:

Yeah this is the other weird thing. They give you a "theme deck" for each faction once a week for 5 weeks and they arrive in a random order.

Waiting 5 weeks isn't reasonable ofc, so if you want a deck for gauntlet/forge that will work with commons/uncommons, you can look up a rakano aggro deck and swap in similar (warcry) units and whatever weapons you own.

As luck would have it the first one I got was the Rakano one! And yes it's a perfectly serviceable starter deck.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Drafted an otherwise-decent Stonescar deck with five blood beetles. :haw:

Went 5-3. Good enough.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 4, 2017

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I'm suddenly having a problem with the game disconnecting me. My internet connction is working, but I'm still getting kicked to the login screen every few minutes.

say no to scurvy
Nov 29, 2008

It is always Scurvy Prevention Week.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Drafted an otherwise-decent Stonescar deck with five blood beetles. :haw:

Went 5-3. Good enough.

Same but Rapid Shots and 7-1.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Still haven't ever had a 7 win run. On 6-2 I mulliganed into 5 power and 2 bad cards. Almost insta-concede there.

Then the next draft is like completely garbo and I don't even want to play it.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Besides the ones listed in the OP, has anyone found good sites for Eternal?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

bamhand posted:

The guy specifically asked for a good deck to start playing the game with. Then someone provided him with one. Somehow this goes against the spirit and honor of the game.

Also here's two helpful articles for Rakano and Combrei decks. They're nice in that they start with budget versions and work up to fully fleshed out lists and has advice on where you can start making upgrades.

http://www.numotgaming.com/getting-started-eternal-rakano-edition/

http://www.numotgaming.com/getting-started-in-eternal-combrei-edition/

I tried the Rakano one today, as I got hit by a "win 5 Ranked games with a Fire deck" quest and needed to build something, and the article contains some cards (Sparring Partner, Crownwatch Commando) that aren't in the game any more. Not that there aren't adequate substitutes, just trying to keep someone else from getting confused.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Just hit Diamond in ranked after getting the game a week ago. This is definitely one of the most generous F2P games I've played. How often does the season reset and what's the difference in rewards between diamond and master?

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

bamhand posted:

Just hit Diamond in ranked after getting the game a week ago. This is definitely one of the most generous F2P games I've played. How often does the season reset and what's the difference in rewards between diamond and master?
Master gives packs and a premium Legendary, I believe Diamond gives packs and a premium Rare.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

standard.deviant posted:

Master gives packs and a premium Legendary, I believe Diamond gives packs and a premium Rare.

I think it's 2 rares and 3 packs for diamond. Master gets premium legend and 3 packs.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Guess it's probably worth grinding for. I assume it's similar to Hearthstone where you grind a 55% win rate until you finally get to masters?

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

bamhand posted:

Guess it's probably worth grinding for. I assume it's similar to Hearthstone where you grind a 55% win rate until you finally get to masters?

It kind of depends on your MMR and where the game "thinks" you should be. Like last month in diamond 3 I was getting like 15 per win and 10 per loss. Once I hit diamond 2 it was about 13/10 or more even. This season diamond 3 was a bit harder for me math wise. I've heard people on discord complain of getting 10 for a win and losing 15 for a loss at times. Last season I made masters on the back of crazy win streaks through d2 and d1 and imagine I'll have to hope for the same again.

Also honestly the best thing about making master is you can play any drat thing you want without worrying about your ladder rank. Granted you can do this anyway but masters is where the game comes more alive IMO.

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 6, 2017

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

The tilt is very real

Edit: aaaaand down to 50/100.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ShaneB fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 7, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I snagged a couple of Augmented Forms. Has anyone ever used these or should I just dump them somewhere?

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
If I average 0-3 in drafts its better to just buy packs right

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Obfuscation posted:

If I average 0-3 in drafts its better to just buy packs right

Drafting is better for average Shiftstone value if you pick all the rares and gives you more chances at actually pulling a rare you might use in one of your decks.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

bamhand posted:

It's different, you get more points depending on hiw high your opponent's mmr is. It's also much, much easier to hit master in this game, maybe even easier than hitting rank 5 in HS.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I hit diamond 2 last night after a couple hours of play. Feels pretty similar to HS to me. Rank 5 in HS is extremely easy, this feels similar or maybe a bit harder than that. Definitely easier than grinding to legend though.

Also do draft reward packs have different rarity drop rates than regular packs? I think I get a legendary ~50% of the time. I went 3/3 last night on a 6 win reward.

e: Unless you mean it's easier to hit rank 5 from a F2P perspective. Then that's definitely true. There's probably no way to hit rank 5 in HS on a F2P account after a week of playing unless you're doing 8 hours a day and dusting every card you don't need for your deck.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 7, 2017

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

This game is definitely f2p friendly. I've only been playing regularly for a few days and the game is throwing cards and packs at me left and right.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
I like that the Owl race is called the Hooru. (Who are you)

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Hell yeah, made master within my goal of the first week. I knew I was playing a ton of high-ranked masters last night, which sucked, but entering at #34 overall is kind of awesome!

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Was playing around with a Nicotraxian Control deck in Gauntlet and made it to a final boss where the added rule was "Everyone starts with 3 extra power." One of Nicotraxian's free bonus cards was the spell that makes an owl for each 4 power you have. So many owls. (Actually, only 2, but 2 4/4 flyers for 4 power is amazing.) Another free bonus card was flame blast, and casting flame blast for 11 is pretty great. I highly recommend it.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Man, I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong if people are making Master in Ranked in their first week. I have no idea how I'm ever going to reach Gold.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

delfin posted:

Man, I have to figure out what I'm doing wrong if people are making Master in Ranked in their first week. I have no idea how I'm ever going to reach Gold.

Masters last season start at gold 3 so that helps.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007

delfin posted:

What's your deck list?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I've been playing this nonsense and it's pretty fun. It's gotten me to Diamond 3 so far.

4 Inspire (Set1 #129)
2 Protect (Set1 #132)
3 Rolant's Favor (Set0 #18)
4 Vanquish (Set1 #143)
4 Copperhall Bailiff (Set1001 #5)
4 Privilege of Rank (Set1 #157)
4 Valkyrie Enforcer (Set1 #151)
4 Armorsmith (Set1 #163)
4 Auric Runehammer (Set1 #166)
4 Harsh Rule (Set1 #172)
4 Marshal Ironthorn (Set1 #174)
4 Throne Warden (Set1 #514)
1 Plated Demolisher (Set1 #177)
3 Rolant's Honor Guard (Set1 #183)
1 Sword of the Sky King (Set1 #186)
25 Justice Sigil (Set1 #126)

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Edly posted:

What's your deck list?

I've been playing a monolight dino deck with some success (Sauropod Wrangler/Ageless Mentor setting up heavy hitters), a Rakano deck when I have to for Fire quests, been trying a blue-green flyer deck. I put together a red-purple focused on creature removal since that's what was utterly destroying my Rakano deck (a hand full of weapons is useless when all your creatures get Torched and Annihilated and Combusted and Burned Out and Executed and Obliterated and Suffocated and Vanquished), but it's on my delete list because it's not winning anything. I'm having one of those nights where every opponent seems to know what I'm bringing; if I bring monolight, I face fliers and Rakano aggro. If I bring Rakano, I face creature removal and get slaughtered. If I bring creature removal, I face Aegis units or don't get the right influence at the right time. I think I've lost ten in a row tonight and am waiting to see when I get demoted to Silver II. I think I just need to shelve all my other decks and keep focusing on monolight; there are many matchups where it has no chance of winning but I just need to eke out another 500 gold to try Draft again.

A bug in the Android client isn't helping -- if I try to drag cards from the right side of my hand, it has an annoying tendency all of a sudden to lose focus on the card and end my turn prematurely.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

"What's your deck list" means "show us the actual cards in your decks".

Giving a vague description of the deck archetype doesn't give us much opportunity to advise you, we need to see the individual cards you're playing to get you in the right direction.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

delfin posted:

A bug in the Android client isn't helping -- if I try to drag cards from the right side of my hand, it has an annoying tendency all of a sudden to lose focus on the card and end my turn prematurely.

Get one of those screen-test apps and make sure you've not got any dead areas. I had something similar and it turned out to be a stripe non-responsive near the end turn button.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Well it took me 1.5 weeks since starting the game but I got master! Rakano Plate still good.

Running mostly this deck but an Icaria over a 2nd Deepplate since I only have one. Only playing 2x Vanquish since there's so much Armory/Stonescar. The 3x Righteous Fury is pretty amazing against Jito and burn. And you slower decks forget the card exists so you can just kill them when they skip blocking.

https://rngeternal.com/stock_lists/rakano-plate/

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Lone Goat posted:

"What's your deck list" means "show us the actual cards in your decks".

Giving a vague description of the deck archetype doesn't give us much opportunity to advise you, we need to see the individual cards you're playing to get you in the right direction.

Awright, awright.

Main deck: Mono Time Midrange (light)

4 Initiate of the Sands
4 Predator's Instinct
2 Seek Power
3 Friendly Wisp
4 Sauropod Wrangler
3 Temple Scribe
4 Ageless Mentor
2 Dawnwalker
3 Scorpion Wasp
4 Praxis Displacer
2 Sandstorm Titan
4 Timekeeper
3 Xenan Obelisk
3 Towering Terrazon
2 Twinbrood Sauropod
1 Mystic Ascendant
2 Predatory Carnosaur
23 Time Sigil
2 Amber Monument

How it works: Get big things in play quickly. Initiates/Seek Power/Temple Scribe get power in play ASAP. Sauropod Wrangler reduces cost for big'uns, Ageless Mentor buffs them, Friendly Wisp draws cards and Dawnwalker returns from the void when you play them. Scorpion Wasp ambushes help knock down fliers until you can get a Sandstorm Titan in play, and Predator's Instinct/Carnosaurs help pick off annoying stragglers. Obelisks buff everybody. The longer you last, the more likely you are to win via dino stampede.

How it dies: Not getting enough sigils to play your hosses, which is why I added some Seek Powers. Zerg rushes can overwhelm you before you can get much in play. No direct creature removal. Weak against fliers if Sandstorm doesn't turn up quickly.

Work in progress: Rakano Roll (red/green)

3 Elder's Feather
4 Oni Ronin
2 Pyroknight
4 Ruthless Stranger
4 Torch
3 Warhelm
2 Crownwatch Longsword
3 Crownwatch Paladin
4 Ornate Katana
4 Rakano Outlaw
1 Vanquish
4 Brightmace Paladin
2 Gilded Glaive
3 Shogun's Scepter
2 Silverwing Familiar
4 Sword of Icaria
2 Valkyrie Enforcer
11 Fire Sigil
10 Justice Sigil
4 Seat of Glory

How it works: Well, duh. Minimal power needs, so flood the board and power up the good ones with weapons. Torch / Sword of Icaria defenders, and overrun decks like the first one I posted.

How it dies: Aggressive creature removal kills this dead. Not drawing enough creatures; a hand full of weapons is useless. Needing one color sigil and getting the other.

Work in progress: Chip and Shatter (blue/green)

3 Cloudsnake Hatchling
2 Finest Hour
2 Inspire
4 Permafrost
2 Steadfast Deputy
2 Unstable Form
1 Cloudsnake Saddle
2 Crownwatch Longsword
2 East-Wind Herald
2 Eilyn's Favor
1 Lightning Storm
2 Lightning Strike
1 Tinker Overseer
2 Wild Cloudsnake
1 Auric Sentry
2 Eye of Winter
2 Gilded Glaive
1 Ice Sprite
2 Loyal Watchwing
2 Valkyrie Enforcer
2 Wisdom of the Elders
1 Hammer of Might
3 Serpent Trainer
1 Crystallize
1 Primal Incarnation
1 Silverwing Commander
2 Windshaper
1 Thunderstrike Dragon
10 Justice Sigil
11 Primal Sigil
4 Seat of Order

How it works: Death from above. Stall with Permafrost, lightning, Eye stuns and Finest Hour to get your fliers in play, weapon them up and overrun the skies. Basically this is everything I had that fit into a flier-heavy blue-green squad.

How it dies: Not a lot of tanks to suck up hits or defend against zerg rushes. Needing one sigil color and getting the other. Not focused enough. Very weak against aegis-heavy teams.

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

New patch coming soon with card changes and art changes according to Scarlatch in Discord.

Scaly Gruan costs 2P (down from 3P)

Jarrall Iceheart is 6/7 (up from 6/6)

Subvert costs 4SS (up from 4S)

Azindel's Gift costs 7SSS (up from 7S)

Soulfire Drake costs 5FFF (up from 5FF)

Umbren Reaper costs 5SSS (up from 5SS)

Explorer Emeritus is 0/2 (up from 0/1)

Crownwatch Paladin is 2/1 (down from 2/2)

Cobalt Monument now transmutes into a 4/4 flyer (was 3/4 flyer)

Withering Witch is 1/1 (was 1/4) - what the actual gently caress

Staff of Stories is 0/4 (was 0/5)

Steward of the Past costs 4SS (was 4S)

Champion of Wisdom is 4TP 4/4 TTTT: +2/+2 PPPP: Flying (was 3/3 TTTT: +3/+3, PPPP: Flying)

Thunderstrike Dragon now a 5/6 (was a 5/5)

Frontier Jito costs 2F (was 1F)

1 more nerf and 3 buffs to come (Sandstorm titan nerf inc?)

EDIT: gently caress YEAH
Champion of chaos 3FS
FFF: +1/0 and overwhelm
SSS:+1/0 and deadly

Flea Bargain fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Mar 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilMike
Dec 6, 2004

Most of those changes look good. The steward of the past change is pointless though, they should have changed its text not its cost. And the withering witch nerf is just uncalled for. I don't understand why they hate control so much.