Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is Rowdy Ringsports Big Dog?
This poll is closed.
"The Big Dog" Roman Reigns 26 22.22%
'Stone Pitbull' Tomohiro Ishii 9 7.69%
Rick "The Dog Faced Gremlin" Steiner 6 5.13%
Pepper the Delicious Dog 5 4.27%
Chupacabra 8 6.84%
Baron "Lone Wolf" Corbin 3 2.56%
Asparagus 14 11.97%
Matilda 1 0.85%
Bubby 4 3.42%
Bubbles 1 0.85%
Junkyard Dog 4 3.42%
Bella 36 30.77%
Total: 117 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

:siren: FORUMS WIDE VOTING NOW UP :siren:

:shibe: Welcome to the Something Awful Top Dog Tournament! :cheerdoge:

The Something Awful Top Dog Tournament is a competition to determine the top dog across this whole forum. Think you know a pooch who's up for the task? Nominate a dog, win the subforum round, and take on the top dogs from subforums across SA!

How does it work? :eng101:

The three stages of the Top Dog Tournament are:
1) Subforum Nomination - Each participating subforum has a nomination thread for posters to nominate potential Top Dogs
2) Subforum Voting - Each subforum votes to determine the champion that will represent them in the forumwide vote
3) Forumwide Voting - The champions from every subforum go head to head to determine the Top Dog of the Tournament

This thread is Stage 2: Subforum Voting

The nominees for the Rowdy Ringsports champion are listed at the bottom of this post. Choose wisely, as our subforum is nominating a dog to compete against all the other top dogs across the forums!

Voting will be open until at least Wednesday, March 8.

Questions and Answers
  • How should I choose who to vote for?
    It's up to you! Maybe it's a dog that makes you :3: Maybe it's a dog that makes you :laugh: Maybe it's a dog that represents the id of our subforum. Vote however you like!

• Can I vote in subforums I don't actively participate in?
    Definitely! Please visit all the participating subforums so you don't miss any dogs.

• Where can I talk about the dogs that I like and dislike?
    The voting threads are a great place to talk about the dogs you like! If you dislike any dogs you will probably be banned. Just kidding! But please try your hardest to like every dog you see.

• Won't the big subforums crowd out the little ones during the final vote?
    Who knows and who cares!

• Who should I talk to if I have questions?
    The mod of each subforum is a good place to start. You can also ask tournament organizer pig slut lisa any questions or post in QCS.

• Who's a good boy?
    All of them :3:

Rowdy Ringsports Nominees

oatgan posted:

"The Big Dog" Roman Reigns

He's a 3 time world heavyweight champion, a 7 time slammy award winner, and look at that beautiful head of hair. Bow wow!

Venomous posted:

'Stone Pitbull' Tomohiro Ishii

4-time NEVER Openweight Champion, part of the IWGP Tag Team Champions, he will chop your chest into little pieces and give you a brainbuster off the top rope without breaking a sweat.

Suplex Liberace posted:

Rick "The Dog Faced Gremlin" Steiner

A 12 time World Tag Team Champion was also in a 5 Star Match with Scott Steiner, Sting, and Brian Pillman vs. Ric Flair, Larry Zbyszko, Barry Windham and Sid Vicious in a WarGames match at WrestleWar

beggar posted:

Pepper

Pepper is Al Snows best friend, and was dog napped by his rival The Big Boss Man. After a title fight between the two, Boss Man felt sorry about Snow's plight and invited him back to his hotel and cooked him a home made meal to show his sympathy.

HOT! New Memes posted:

Ill throw my dog into the ring.
His name is Chupacabra or Chupy for short. Hes a german shepard puppy that is slowly learning the way of the world

Son of Man posted:

wolf is a type of dog

dsriggs posted:

The late Asparagus

Daniel Bryan's labrador, former US Champion, a Good Dog :rip:

Jerusalem posted:

Matilda

Matilda is a bulldog so she immediately and instantly owns, also she was once kidnapped by the Islanders and took it all in stride which means she's tougher and cooler than me because I'd be terrified if Haku kidnapped me.

super macho dude posted:

Bubby

Bubby is a good boy because even though he's deaf he doesn't let his disability get in the way of his hobbies, which include eating rabbit poop, being a good boy, and scratching his back on the carpet.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Bubbles

Bubbles turns one on Monday. She's a rescue dog. Her mom was pregnant and left to roam free. The rescue took her in after her mom gave birth to the three puppies in someone's backyard.
She's a collie/terrier mix who enjoys watching A-Show Smackdown with her pops, eating anything she can reach like a true goon and taking 20 minutes to find a spot to use the bathroom.

Writer Cath put this in the wrong thread :mad:

Writer Cath posted:

Bella's big, and wants to be your friend.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Bow Wow for the Big Dog

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it was a tough decision between bubby, bella, and roman reigns. but i know a good bubby when i see one

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really liked Chupy because I'm a sucker for little tuckered out pups having a nap :3:

Which I guess is also why Roman Reigns is getting so many votes!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I am completely biased, so I vote for The Big Dog Roman Reigns Bella.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
B
E
L
L
A

primaltrash fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 4, 2017

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

"Bubby, Roman Reigns is beating you in the polls."

"How does that make you feel?"

"How can one Small Dog beat the Big Dog?"

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
when roman reigns wins this plz tweet the result at him so he is aware he is not only a big dog, but the best dog

do not inform him that part of the competition was actual dogs. i want him to be happy on the day in which he learns he is the best dog.

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012
Voted for Bella so we may all be blessed with free food

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Bella and Roman are neck and neck, can the indy worker beat the big star!?! :aaa:

This rules :)

Bubby does make some excellent points though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I would like to point out that Bella is 140 pounds, so she is also A Big Dog.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
RIP Fatherdog

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why can't I vote for all dogs?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Bow wow for the big dog

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I voted for The Big Dog Bow Wow Roman Reigns Himself because I thought it'd be funny if he won and PSP was responsible for the only non-canine in the finals. Now that it's pretty clear Roman probably won't advance, I'd like my vote changed to Matilda to ensure that every good dog has at least one vote.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Has Roman's cardio failed him again!?!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I voted Bubby because he looks like Iggy but I strongly encourage all people to vote for real dogs and not fake dogs like lovely Roman Reigns who is not a real dog because real dogs are worthy of real love because all real dogs are perfect and I feel bad for not being able to for all of the real dogs on this list.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

RIP Roman

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Who are the six kind souls that voted for my dog (the most perfect dog) Rick Steiner?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Voted The Big Dog Roman Reigns

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I was going to go Total Bella but Bubby's argument was too solid.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Matilda got a vote! :3:

I really liked Matilda :)

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

God bless the nine of you who voted for Ishii over the Big Dog

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Congratulations Bella, you are Rowdy Ringsports' choice of dog, may the merciless arena that will be the cross-forum competition be the scene of your greatest triumph :)

Final voting is currently planned to start up this Saturday, I'll post a link when it is up and running.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

the voting was rigged

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

#politicalhit

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

While it's true I did rig the poll, I actually rigged it so every vote actually cast 3 votes for Hulk Hogan, but then I forgot to put Hulk Hogan on the poll.... :negative:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
They are all good dogs

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:siren: FORUMS WIDE VOTING NOW UP :siren:

Go and vote for the best dog, which is difficult as all dogs are best.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Thank you so much to everyone who voted for Bella! Check that thread. There are many, many good dogs.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The voting is over now, and a good dog won. Not our good dog, but a good dog nonetheless.

Well done Bella, thanks for being a good dog too!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Loukanikos, like every single dog of all time, was a very good dog so there is no dishonour in this loss

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Honestly, I'm thrilled and amazed at how well Bella did.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bella is a very good dog. You are a winner to me, Bella. I send virtual petting to you for being a really good dog.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

roman would have won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oatgan posted:

roman would have won

The voting thread would have been pages and pages of non-wrestling fans booing and they wouldn't understand why.

I suppose you could say the response to Roman is downright Pavlovian.

• Locked thread