Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

How do you mine Ore Deposits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Hihohe posted:

Was anyone else super nervous when they tried to cook a fairy?

You cannot say that and not tell us what happened you hungry boy.

Lost Woods is Very Good.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

s.i.r.e. posted:

How do you mine Ore Deposits?

Hit them. Preferably with a hammer.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

You cannot say that and not tell us what happened you hungry boy.

Lost Woods is Very Good.

I did it and the fairy doesnt go into the pot. It dances around it and sprinkles fairy magic into your dish. :blush:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

TFRazorsaw posted:

Thanks.

The slipping while you climb because it's raining is a poo poo mechanic.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

TFRazorsaw posted:

Or just use a bomb, though you might lose some ore since it goes flying everywhere.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Can anyone tell me where either the climbing pants or the lightning resistance chest are? I keep finding 2/3 pieces of a set and it's starting to get on my nerves.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Foppish Yet Dashing posted:

I don't think anyone tells you. It's just in the item descriptions. Mix an insect/critter with a monster part (horn, claw, etc). You'll get the effect the critter advertises. There may be other ways too but this definitely works. Drop in an apple or something to get hp out of it too.

Groovy, thank you. Time to save scum a little!

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Breath of the Wild: Your Inventory Is Full

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Infinity Gaia posted:

Can anyone tell me where either the climbing pants or the lightning resistance chest are? I keep finding 2/3 pieces of a set and it's starting to get on my nerves.

I got the climbing pants in the "line up three trees" secret shrine north of Hateno village.

Where did you get a climbing jacket?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Breath of the Wild: A forest spirit blessed me with his maracas and now I can hold more pitchforks.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
I just found a cool island shrine that strips you of all your belongings, forces you to scavenge using only island resources, and is filled with dangerous traps and enemies! Also you cannot save while attempting it.

I keep dying to my own stupid mistakes but really I love it :3:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

ymgve posted:

I got the climbing pants in the "line up three trees" secret shrine north of Hateno village.

A small island south of hateno that's only a shrine with a raft and a palm tree. Be ready to Fight.

Hihohe posted:

I did it and the fairy doesnt go into the pot. It dances around it and sprinkles fairy magic into your dish. :blush:

Aww, nice. ...Does that magic seasoning do anything??

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ymgve posted:

It was in a shrine chest. I wanna say it was either moderate or major test of strength but I'm partially guessing here, I wasn't keeping track at the time. They're shrines pretty close to Hateno, too, by the sea. One is on the edge of a cliff and the other is in the middle of the ocean.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

The shrine music is extremely minimal...So it's sort of annoying that it won't stop playing in my head!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Climbed all but the 3 towers I had already done in one massive play session and it was seriously the most amazing experience. Seeing just the SURFACE of the depth and density and breadth of this loving map in one long go was incredible.

Now I'm collecting the memory things and gently caress the portrayal of Zelda is so hilariously stereotypical female. In videos 4-6 we go from her screaming and needing to be rescued by you to her bandaging you up to her actually taking pictures of flowers and talking about how pretty they are. It's super funny.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So...I've managed to get my horse stuck on a rock in the middle of a river. She won't come when I whistle.

I have her registered at the stables, will she magically teleport there if I go there?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

jivjov posted:

So...I've managed to get my horse stuck on a rock in the middle of a river. She won't come when I whistle.

I have her registered at the stables, will she magically teleport there if I go there?

Yeah, you can pull out any horse no matter where it is on the field.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

WHY do they keep dropping bananas? Like it's not even just the merchants. Every single one of them drops bananas. It feels like there's a joke I'm not getting.

Because it's their favorite snack and they love them above all else

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

s.i.r.e. posted:

Yeah, you can pull out any horse no matter where it is on the field.

Oh thank goodness

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Aww, nice. ...Does that magic seasoning do anything??

Full health

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a "best" place to go out of the four? I went to the Desert and got my rear end kicked my lizalfos

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I just kinda have to pop in and say that this is the first zelda game in about 10 years that I really like, and I really like it. I have just unlocked a third map portion and holy hell is this game gigantic! And fun to play to booth!

One question for after you meet the second old acquaintance in the city with the institute.. there's a house that's being demolished, and the guy tells you that you might be able to buy it from "chef". Where is chef?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I loving love Sidon. Bros for life.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm approaching a Tower because I'm trying to uncover the whole map, poo poo's locked down with sentries everywhere. I make it to the base of the tower and there's literally no way to climb it because there's purple goop all over it that stops you and does damage. How am I supposed to get around this? If I have to come back with something I'm going to be pissed I wasted so much time just getting here.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ChocNitty posted:

If the game world is as large as the great plateau, filling in all the uncovered regions on the map, i'll be happy.

Call me crazy, I'd shrink the game world to 80%, make everything a bit closer together, cut down on the travel time slightly. More bang for your time buck.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Gah stupid hammer golf! Six hits is too many, five isn't enough, with my luck the chest this unlocks will just have 50 rupees in it.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Can you not lock on to animals? A pack of wolves descended on to me and i tried to spear them but could't lock on, and then one of them one-shot me

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm approaching a Tower because I'm trying to uncover the whole map, poo poo's locked down with sentries everywhere. I make it to the base of the tower and there's literally no way to climb it because there's purple goop all over it that stops you and does damage. How am I supposed to get around this? If I have to come back with something I'm going to be pissed I wasted so much time just getting here.

Search around for an eyeball thing attached to the goop and shoot that, the goop will recede.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
This game is wonderful, and I normally don't even particularly like 3d Zeldas.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Is there any point to hanging on to ore, or should I just be selling it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Mr E posted:

Is there a "best" place to go out of the four? I went to the Desert and got my rear end kicked my lizalfos

the bottom right beast mark felt the easiest to start with. If youre brave then upper left gives Good Stuff for 'early' adventure.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Was gonna wait to buy but I love this series so I made an impulse purchase. Thumbs up overall it seems?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I havr put multiple hours into this game and done nothing

it owns

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Akett posted:

Search around for an eyeball thing attached to the goop and shoot that, the goop will recede.

There was one, but it didn't remove a majority of it. I found a YouTube video, you have to climb a really small piece of debris and you can jump to the tower and over the goopy part.

How much more Stamina do you get for a Stamina Upgrade? I've been getting Heart Containers exclusively because I want more health to survive this brutal rear end world but I think I need more stamina at this point.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

GobiasIndustries posted:

Was gonna wait to buy but I love this series so I made an impulse purchase. Thumbs up overall it seems?

It makes eggs on Sunday too, which I look forward to quite frankly, a good breakfast is a key part of the day

(is good game)

edit: I want the world to know, that this eggs joke is a reference to the classic Reb Brown Captain America film, when he gets his fancy bike, and says "Does it make eggs on Sunday morning too?" or something like that

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 4, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

s.i.r.e. posted:

There was one, but it didn't remove a majority of it. I found a YouTube video, you have to climb a really small piece of debris and you can jump to the tower and over the goopy part.

How much more Stamina do you get for a Stamina Upgrade? I've been getting Heart Containers exclusively because I want more health to survive this brutal rear end world but I think I need more stamina at this point.

1/4 of a circle. Its not great. Id probably go 5/2 heart/stam at this point

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

s.i.r.e. posted:

Like 25% more for the first one, haven't gone deep on it yet

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

s.i.r.e. posted:

1/5th of a ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Son of Rodney posted:

I just kinda have to pop in and say that this is the first zelda game in about 10 years that I really like, and I really like it. I have just unlocked a third map portion and holy hell is this game gigantic! And fun to play to booth!

One question for after you meet the second old acquaintance in the city with the institute.. there's a house that's being demolished, and the guy tells you that you might be able to buy it from "chef". Where is chef?

I think he's on the back or right side of the house, he's bald and wearing a headband.