Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Haye put out rumours he was pulling out to frustrate Bellew, he's so devious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTeZ4mLLlik

Haha "Spent it all on your mum!"

Such a cheeky chappie.

TUNE IN THIS SATURDAY FOLKS

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Marching Powder posted:

wanna get some people's thoughts on garcia / thurman.

Thurman should win fairly comfortably. Garcia has been exceedingly lucky in some of his fights. He could easily have multiple losses, instead of being undefeated.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Jose posted:

amir khan getting knocked out is always fun

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Thurman's not a dumbass though, so while I think he'll push the action, I don't think he's going to be overextending himself into counters all night.

Side note, I think you're using "box" differently than most people would.

You are right on that, i meant more of a boxer puncher style as opposed to a using the legs and boxing ability to keep distance.

I guess the overall point I am trying to get at, is I think Thurman has confidence in his abilities to win in the exchanges based on his skills (unlike probably Peterson or Herrera) and this will cause him to come forward. I am of the opinion they are actually fairly similar in terms of skill, so if he does take a more aggressive approach, it will suit Garcia, leading to close rounds.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I can't disagree with that.

He is a lot bigger though, which I think will make an impact

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
If Garcia wins I would be legitimately shocked. I don't see a single advantage for him in this fight. Not to mentioned his best wins (Morales, Khan, Matthyse) were mainly due to him being bigger and stronger than his opponent. He flat lost to Mauricio Herrera and has looked bad in more than a couple other fights.

Thurman (assuming he wins) vs the winner of Brook/Spence is the real marquee fight of the division.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is this fight really big enough to be ppv instead of just on sky sports

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

It's a completely worthless fight but the casuals will lap it up, it'll do good numbers

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I dont know how you guys are not hyped for it, not on a sporting level, but on a personal level, its been sold so well!

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
I can't blame Bellew for going after this fight over getting his cruiserweight belt taken off him for no money on a cold Friday night in Donetsk

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I wonder how much he is getting paid...

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

what time is the fight likely to start? 10pm?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jose posted:

Is this fight really big enough to be ppv instead of just on sky sports

Sky have been putting some real stinkers on PPV recently, particularly recent Joshua can crushes, not too surprising that Haye Bellew is there even if the fight's not especially that interesting of a contest or meaningful.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
Brook-Spence will be on ppv in the uk im assuming?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I can appreciate a guy coming to the ring to the old Undertaker entrance theme. Gongs and everything.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

The SituAsian posted:

Brook-Spence will be on ppv in the uk im assuming?

Probably, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't though. It's not long after Joshua v Wlad, and Brook isn't a big seller like Haye or Joshua, and especially not when he's fighting someone largely unknown. If they've got any sense they won't, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Don't think Brook/Spence will be on PPV.

I think I'm the only Bellew fan in the world :(

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I know I just said that about Sky putting stinkers on PPV above, but I can't see them putting Brook on PPV either.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Wow, an interview with George Groves, top notch pay per view experience

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Paulie should probably stop boxing

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

I'm not entirely unexcited to watch this fight. Paulie showin up in the broadcast booth with shades is pretty lol

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

gently caress off buffer

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

paulie is the best analyst in boxing and it isn't particularly close tbh. he should get paid buffer money

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

thehappyprince posted:

paulie is the best analyst in boxing and it isn't particularly close tbh. he should get paid buffer money

agreed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've decided to watc match of the day instead

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
The pub I'm in is my regular for boxing and it is loving rammed the most I've ever seen it by a long long way for this fight.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Please don't make me regret not doing the Bellew to be knocked out within 60 seconds bet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Lionel Richie posted:

Please don't make me regret not doing the Bellew to be knocked out within 60 seconds bet

hahaha i considered that too

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

this is cool hahaha

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Haye's shots are wild and he looks really slow.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

this is cool hahaha

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

the problem for bellew is if he wins it's instantly discredited it bc it means haye's shot. same for khan with pacquiao

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Looks like Haye's just gone for building some hurtin bombs

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Haye's shots are wild and he looks really slow.

his punch speed is fine but his legs are too slow

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

bad and boujee is sick

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

why is this 12 rounds? surely it's not for a belt

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

bellew should throw some punches

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Vintage Bellew, does gently caress all and then mouths off

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Haye getting more comfortable, settling into boxing Bellew. Hard to see how Bellew wins this unless he catches and hurts Haye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh