Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Breath of the Win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannonballoon
Jul 25, 2007

I stopped playing Skyward Sword after a few hours from boredom but this game has my complete and undivided attention so far.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Cannonballoon posted:

I stopped playing Skyward Sword after a few hours from boredom but this game has my complete and undivided attention so far.
It never stops. Say goodbye to your life.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i got surprised by a tremendously large skeleton in the middle of nowhere, and i killed it and was rewarded with more magic swords than i could carry

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Soral posted:

i got surprised by a tremendously large skeleton in the middle of nowhere, and i killed it and was rewarded with more magic swords than i could carry

I fought one and when he ran out of trees to rip out and throw at me he started ripping out his own ribs.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

this game is [feat.WANZ voice] loving awesommeeee

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

How the F do you get to the cold shrine argh

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

i think the only game with good weapon durability is dark souls II of all things. because I enjoyed using like 4 super fragile weapons because of the way they reset at bonfires, and coupled with the mounds of upgrade materials you got in the game meant I was able to roll around with a bunch of +9 useful weapons

Running it at 60 fpa on pc made weapon degredation go 2x speed it was stupid and ds2 is rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

tumor looking batty posted:

Ummm in the starting area?theres hot peppers right at the gate and a large wok by some bokoblins or whatever u can cook in, then eat cold wether will not afgect u for 10 minutes u should be able to make it to the top. Theres also a broken bridge but u can figure it out i beleeber in u

Soral
May 30, 2009

you can get clothes that protect from cold to help you, from the old man

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

Running it at 60 fpa on pc made weapon degredation go 2x speed it was stupid and ds2 is rear end

I don't like DS2 but it also has some of my tensest moments because I had to do mid-boss battle item management when my big axe broke

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soral posted:

you can get clothes that protect from cold to help you, from the old man
i made the thing he wanted and he never gave them to me. idk why.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Oh I had no idea

Soral
May 30, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

i made the thing he wanted and he never gave them to me. idk why.

he only gave them to me when i showed him the thing he wanted by the campfire in the forest. you can see the pillar of smoke from the cliff you start on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my normie gamer brother that gives up on everything an hour in and goes back to playing FIFA played this for 12 hours straight today and stopped to go eat

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

he said "this game scares me. it feels like i've done so much, but like i've also done nothing. like i'm still on the first 5% of it"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

he sounds stupid....lso hed' fit right in here on sa :cawg:

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i didn't even konw about the extra set of clothes i've been rolling in the trash clothes you have at the start until i got to the 1st village

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

Breath of the Win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the mix of excitement and terror i get from exploring the world is probably completely unique to this game. there have been games that let you explore freely and run into poo poo that's too strong but it wasn't executed as well as it was here.

you can beat the stronger stuff, if you're clever and use your weapons well, and while it never feels like you're cheesing the game it always feels like you're bending the rules and treading on forbidden territory. it's so good. this game is so good!!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i like how there's hidden crap all over the place and the world doesn't feel empty which is one of my big issues w/ oot

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this games so fuckin good lol, ij us want to go everywhere nd do everything

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i like how there's hidden crap all over the place and the world doesn't feel empty which is one of my big issues w/ oot

yeah the entire world feels like a dungeon, lovingly crafted level design for every unit of space on the gigantic map instead of just random copy pasted hills and forests you get in most open world games.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if all the delay resulted in way more playtesting and the devs going "every blade of grass in this game should matter, there should always be something interesting in sight everywhere in the world" well hell it was worth it because they absolutely achieved that

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAB2V0f73cGK_g

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I'm downloading it right now

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I want this game

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

me nd my two best friends re playing this in the same room all week and its so badass, were shouting tips nd cool stuff back and forth and telling each other where to go on tyhe map for cool things, its like i'm 12 nd playing through ocarina with my buds again lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

also BIG BIG BIG SOPOILER the dragons tht fly around at night sometimes are so fuckin epic, i want to fight one asap

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Oh I had no idea

you can also hold a lit torch to keep you warm! win!!!!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Trying so hard to hold out for the Switch version... Planned a nice road trip for the family that coincidentally snakes past all local Targets and Best Buys.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
goddamn this game is good. the feeling when you first jump out to the main world is unparalleled.

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Fungah! posted:

this games so fuckin good lol, ij us want to go everywhere nd do everything

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

White Genocide posted:

you can also hold a lit torch to keep you warm! win!!!!

Wtf.......

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

sector_corrector posted:

goddamn this game is good. the feeling when you first jump out to the main world is unparalleled.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
every time i've tried something that seems like it should work, it actually works. like flipping over an ancient guardian shell that's in the water with an ice block.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i put octo balloons on a raft and floated it over a bridge this game is loving incredible

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Put some drat pants on poor link!

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This game is so loving good it isn't even funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mintendo you glorious bastards... you've done it again! Big up to shiggy. Rest In Peace Iwata. I know they have switches in heaven.

• Locked thread