Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Take pictures and read the beast descriptions. AND USE YOUR STEALTH poo poo RIGHT NOW.

Too late, got knocked about and such. I will return again another night. What an amazing thing to stumble across with no warning however.

Protip: insects are best harvested when it is raining. Like real insects, they stay low to the ground instead of flying off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Shut up Mipha SHUT UP

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Anyone got any advice for taking on Molduga? So far I'm following the advice of Tremors and staying on the rocks hucking bombs to lure it.

edit: Nevermind, figured it out; I was being too impatient and using the bomb detonations to lure it instead of the bomb. Use the regular spherical bombs so they roll about and lure it with motion. BURT GUMMER WINS AGAIN!

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 5, 2017

Chimp_On_Stilts
Aug 31, 2004
Holy Hell.
Do overworld camps like Bokoblin camps respawn? How about the stuff in the camps like food on spits and explosive barrels?

I suspect things will respawn. What causes it? A timer?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

Do overworld camps like Bokoblin camps respawn? How about the stuff in the camps like food on spits and explosive barrels?

I assume the blood moon is what respawns things.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hihohe posted:

I assume the blood moon is what respawns things.

It is.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Any tips for mounting deer? Level 2 Stealth Up foods don't seem to be doing it... do I need level 3?

I managed to mount a deer, I did it wearing the full ninja stealth set plus a stealth elixir. So I dunno what exactly you need, but I guess I had lots of bonuses stacked. Technically I guess I had 4 minor bonuses, so maybe you need that or like 2 majors or like 1 major and 2 minor?

Also walk really slowly and approach it from behind. When you get on, Mash L like crazy.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Zaphod42 posted:

Also walk really slowly and approach it from behind. When you get on, Mash L like crazy.

Yeah I did it, I used a food with 3 stealth icons and had the hat on as well.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

The bloodmoon causes everything to respawn, including harvestables.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Zaphod42 posted:

I managed to mount a deer, I did it wearing the full ninja stealth set plus a stealth elixir. So I dunno what exactly you need, but I guess I had lots of bonuses stacked. Technically I guess I had 4 minor bonuses, so maybe you need that or like 2 majors or like 1 major and 2 minor?

You guys did all that work? I just paraglided down onto one from above :haw:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Sat here at work for another hour and a half thinking about like 50 things i want to do tonight in BOTW before I go to sleep, this game is so loving cool.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
If you eat food items rapidly from the menu (like apples) Link will alternate hands on the eating animation. :haw:

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine
So I got off of the Divine Beast Vah Ruta and now I can't get back on, trying to travel to it from the menu just opens the adventure log. What am I supposed to do now?

Edit: Nevermind, NOW it's letting me select it as a travel point. Thanks Nintendo.

Lynkericious fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 5, 2017

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Hedrigall posted:

this is how i mount everything

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

It was hard enough finding one in the area after I had scared them all off

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I loving love this game, it's everything I dreamed it would be, probably the GOAT, etc. But if I have one complaint so far (other than the frame rate) it would be that it feels like the game disincentives the player from fighting random enemies. In another open world game (say, Witcher 3) if I came upon a bandit camp, the only thing stopping me from attacking is my fear of dying, and if I go for it at the very least I'll get XP.

But in BotW, when I see a random Bokoblin camp, I worry that if I attack I'll just lose my decent weapons, lose more arrows than I gain, lose hearts that need my precious food to replace, and all for some scrub Bokoblin loot and maybe a chest with 5 arrows in it. It just feels easier to run straight past.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I love the little things in this game.

Like when you teleport to Kakariko or Hateno, you don't just teleport there. You teleport to a shrine above the town (or the lab in Hateno) and hang glide into town. I look forward to it every time :3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that Link's face gets red when he's cold :3:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Comrade Fakename posted:

I loving love this game, it's everything I dreamed it would be, probably the GOAT, etc. But if I have one complaint so far (other than the frame rate) it would be that it feels like the game disincentives the player from fighting random enemies. In another open world game (say, Witcher 3) if I came upon a bandit camp, the only thing stopping me from attacking is my fear of dying, and if I go for it at the very least I'll get XP.

But in BotW, when I see a random Bokoblin camp, I worry that if I attack I'll just lose my decent weapons, lose more arrows than I gain, lose hearts that need my precious food to replace, and all for some scrub Bokoblin loot and maybe a chest with 5 arrows in it. It just feels easier to run straight past.
Get out of the hoarding mindset. Ingredients are extremely plentiful, weapons are everywhere. A lot of camps can be taken out with a single fire arrow to an explosive barrel.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Someone mentioned up thread, or maybe in the Switch thread that you honestly do never get to teleport directly to your destination. You always have to walk a little bit, and that makes fast travel feel more...real rather than just a game mechanic.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I do wish that horses traveled with you when you fast traveled. I've got several of them just sitting in remote areas that I can't really be assed to go retrieve.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The most rewarding thing I've done in a Zelda game is get that Korok his maracas.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I do wish that horses traveled with you when you fast traveled. I've got several of them just sitting in remote areas that I can't really be assed to go retrieve.

I haven't made it that far yet but I read in here as long as they're stabled or w/e you can still get them or whatever via the stables even if you left them in the boonies..?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

You're a crazy person. I could spend the rest of my life raiding Bokoblin encampments. Slaughtering those little bastards is its own reward.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I completed my first dungeon! The one at Zora's domain. It was cool. The boss was a little frustrating at first, but the good thing is that with how open combat can be there are now multiple ways to take on a boss.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Do chests in shrines and other places restock themselves at all because I fear that I am now running into good weapons with like 50 damage and want to save them so I am just leaving them in the chests and marking them. Haven't even hit the first dungeon yet either. Man, this game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I haven't made it that far yet but I read in here as long as they're stabled or w/e you can still get them or whatever via the stables even if you left them in the boonies..?

Yup, I accidentally stranded a horse on a tiny rock in the middle of a river. The stables managed to wheel him right out for me.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Funky Valentine posted:

The most rewarding thing I've done in a Zelda game is get that Korok his maracas.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So is one of my extremely limited weapon slots now taken up by Mipha's trident?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Calaveron posted:

So is one of my extremely limited weapon slots now taken up by Mipha's trident?

You can expand your weapon slots :ssh:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
crawling out of my Zelda k-hole from the past two days to also say this game is very good. I only just made it to Kakariko tonight and spent the rest of the time exploring the sector it's in fighting giant skeletons and getting killed by bears

I also didn't expect the fashion armor system to be so robust. I've decided to never wear the climbing bandanna in my life because of how terrible it makes Link look and have instead opted to always wear the stealth mask that puts Link's hair up into a chopsticks bun despite it being way worse but gently caress it's cute someone give me the deets where to get that gerudo belly dancer outfit at, it's critical to my life

I love how much of an adventure this feels. I found the Maraca Man who told me he had to go home which I assume is the Lost Woods with only vague directions of how to get there and his service is so valuable that sooner rather than later I'm gonna have to undergo an odyssey to find him.

I also love loving put through the ringer this world feels. Old ruins, flagpoles, broken architecture, destroyed Guardians, all littered with rusted shields and weapons. For the first couple hours, you rarely seen any other person and when you do, they always have something along the lines "Yo, watch your back out there"

I honestly kept my expectations low for this game, but still caved on pre-ordering and gently caress man, I'm glad I did, it's such a delight.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I find it funny that virtually everything in the game is better than in previous games except the main cutscenes, which stood out as really good in TP and SS. They're largely boring from what I've seen, with stilted writing and the kind of voice work you'd expect from an old children's TV show. Kass' song is awful.

That said 10/10 game etc.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Yup, I accidentally stranded a horse on a tiny rock in the middle of a river. The stables managed to wheel him right out for me.

"Which horse do we have that looks like the picture on-file of his? gently caress it, this one's close enough that he'll never know the difference".

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Rime posted:

Thus far my only gripe with this game is that the music is quite repetitive and does nothing to differentiate the various zones. You get glimmers of the old Koji stuff in there, like that riff on Lon-Lon / Kakariko that plays in various places, but overall it's pretty drat boring.

I get that they wanted the environment to speak for itself and the atmospheric sounds to take precedence, but I really feel like they went a bit too far and it sort of shallows the atmosphere.

I need me some rippin' flamenco in my Gerudo desert, gosh darn! :argh:

E: Also I just found a campground guarded by like 15 mountain goats. There were 20+ spicy peppers in it. :haw:

Yeah I was trying to figure out why I'm not really engaging hard wi th this game, and it's definitely the lack of music

I just got off of the plateau and I'm kinda :geno: but I dunno if the game changes much so I'm soldierin' on

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Infinitum posted:

You can expand your weapon slots :ssh:

No yeah I know although I haven't found the chubby guy again after I gave him his magical instruments and expanded my stuff twice but it's still annoying unless there's something I'm missing with how the weapon works

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Moltrey posted:

I also didn't expect the fashion armor system to be so robust. I've decided to never wear the climbing bandanna in my life because of how terrible it makes Link look and have instead opted to always wear the stealth mask that puts Link's hair up into a chopsticks bun despite it being way worse but gently caress it's cute someone give me the deets where to get that gerudo belly dancer outfit at, it's critical to my life

I love how much of an adventure this feels. I found the Maraca Man who told me he had to go home which I assume is the Lost Woods with only vague directions of how to get there and his service is so valuable that sooner rather than later I'm gonna have to undergo an odyssey to find him.

The full set makes the bandanna work. I don't got the deets for you, but from my understanding, you need to go Southwest to reach it.

Lost Woods is so loving cool. It has a strong-rear end gimmick that's amazing when you figure it out.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

snoremac posted:

I find it funny that virtually everything in the game is better than in previous games except the main cutscenes, which stood out as really good in TP and SS. They're largely boring from what I've seen, with stilted writing and the kind of voice work you'd expect from an old children's TV show. Kass' song is awful.

That said 10/10 game etc.

Well, excuse ME, Princess!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also I still need a hat and I don't like the Hylian Hood or the helmet where do I find more hats

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Wow...these enemies up near Zora's domain actually drop arrows for a change...I'm actually gaining them faster than using them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Incidentally I just got off the Plateau and I'm still in my lovely too small pants and shirt and now I'm worried I missed stuff, but I'm terrible about exploring in video james

Maybe that's why I'm not attaching to this too hard too, I'm usually much more of a theme park than a sandbox game player