Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

God, exploring in this game is so loving rewarding! Even in seemingly empty places you will find something.

Also, I just fought a (boss spoiler) giant dragon on top of a mountain and it made brilliant use of space and your abilities. Really spectacular!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Spoilers: secrets and Easter eggs from a guide. Stolen from a Reddit post. Also has the way to revive horses

http://m.imgur.com/a/RC3wD

One guys rupee farming method

https://www.reddit.com/r/Breath_of_the_Wild/comments/5xlois/rupee_making_101_no_story_spoilers/?st=IZWQJ4PF&sh=88b3ea1b

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Man I can see myself putting 100s of hours into this thing and STILL be finding new poo poo :allears:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not sure if I should put all my orbs into heart containers to get the Master Sword fast or just keep putting into both equally

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I feel like hearts are easier to mitigate a lack of then stamina, what with clothing defense and the plethora of healing food everywhere. Stamina usually requires cooked food.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
You also get hearts from beating dungeons

Qubee
May 31, 2013

ymgve posted:

I think it's Fibonacci, actually, which means requirements go up fast. On a positive note, the three different slot types are independent, so even if you have to find a zillion seeds for the next weapon slot, it still only costs one for bow/shield.

Thanks for the correction. Glad you pointed it out, cause now that I stop and think about it, exponential growth would be it rising at an extraordinary rate, which wouldn't make sense. Cheers man.

I feel bad cause I've cheated a little by looking up the location of climbing gear, but I'm glad I did. It's not really spoiled, and the pieces were all in shrines, and really awkward ones at that. Areas of the map I'd not really go. So I'ma grab my climbing gear now and be the baddest climber this side of Hyrule Lake.

Edit: That climbing tip is super useful, and I figured there was something like that in the game, cause a good amount of times I've almost run out of stamina and make a last ditch jump attempt and manage to clear the last few feet and land safely.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 5, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think I already know the answer in my heart, but to double-check... it's probably a bad idea to sell my crazy valuable gems right? As in, I'll really regret it later when I inevitably need them for something?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Edit: NEvermind, i got it.

Also, are Heart pieces still a thing?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 5, 2017

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How's the Wii U version overall? Any specific issues?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

SelenicMartian posted:

It dips now and then, but its all right overall.

waffle
May 12, 2001
HEH

SelenicMartian posted:

Here's a comparison video. Basically it's the same as the switch version--works just fine, the framerate drops some but it's not any worse than the switch in that respect. The resolution is lower (720p vs 900p) but that's it.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

SelenicMartian posted:

Framerate dips while in town or at the horse stables but otherwise pretty good.

Still a better framerate than OoT on the old N64. :rimshot:

spasticColon fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Mar 5, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, are Heart pieces still a thing?
Nope, they've been replaced by Spirit Orbs, where you turn four in and can choose to receive a full Heart Container

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Does anyone else have a hard time getting the Pro Wii U controller to work on the Wii U version? Like whenever I start up BoTW I have to randomly sync it or pair it or... something until it works. I don't remember this problem for any other single player game that uses it, and I kinda need to because the R button on my pad doesn't work that well anymore.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Does anyone else have a hard time getting the Pro Wii U controller to work on the Wii U version? Like whenever I start up BoTW I have to randomly sync it or pair it or... something until it works. I don't remember this problem for any other single player game that uses it, and I kinda need to because the R button on my pad doesn't work that well anymore.

I really hope this isn't a common issue because I was going to go get a Pro Controller for my Wii U today.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I got out to the island in the far North-East. I love that the game lets you climb the labyrinth walls, and that the designers even accounted for it as a valid strategy with a few flying Guardians patrolling around the top just to keep you on your toes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo I just climbed a mountain and discovered and fought a huge rock golem Shadow of the Colossus style :stare: Out of nowhere.

spasticColon posted:

I really hope this isn't a common issue because I was going to go get a Pro Controller for my Wii U today.

I'm using a Pro Controller right now and have had no problems whatsoever.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Seems fine for me so far

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Oh Christ the Molduga. Out of all my the things that murdered me that one murdered me the hardest

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

naw heck, I forgot to take a picture of waterblight.

Time to never play this game again

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I hope the bosses are refightable somehow, even if through the season pass, because I completely forgot to take photos of the first two bosses I took on, and i've put too much time in already to start again for them.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

El Burbo posted:

Oh Christ the Molduga. Out of all my the things that murdered me that one murdered me the hardest

The Molduga is an easy kill. Ever seen Tremors? :clint:

If not (shame on you), here's what you do as taught to all by the great Burt Gummer; Stand on a rock, toss a round Bomb out onto the sand. The rolling bomb will attract the Molduga with it's motion and he'll swallow it up. Detonate, and then run up to STAB IT IN THE loving GUT! :black101: Then repeat until dead.

Jacque Pott
Nov 6, 2010

MechaSeinfeld posted:

naw heck, I forgot to take a picture of waterblight.

Time to never play this game again

Crawfish posted:

I hope the bosses are refightable somehow, even if through the season pass, because I completely forgot to take photos of the first two bosses I took on, and i've put too much time in already to start again for them.

The researcher at the lab you get the camera in sells random photos of anything you've missed. Just get everything else in the monster category first.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

You know what the biggest thing I love about this game is? The fact I can play it even if I'm tired. I'm so used to games that require my utmost attention (Rainbow Six, Rocket League, For Honor, Battlefield) that they become nigh impossible to play the minute I'm not jacked up on caffeine. BotW though? I can be tired as gently caress but just melt into my sofa and go exploring or do simple side quests. I love it. I deal with insomnia, so the fact I can relax and enjoy this amazing game makes me happy, even if I'm tired to the point where I can't think straight.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

Does anyone else always drop rocks on the Koroks after finding them under them?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Jacque Pott posted:

The researcher at the lab you get the camera in sells random photos of anything you've missed. Just get everything else in the monster category first.

oh man thanks.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
I wish items you got in chests automatically appeared in the library. Now you have to drop the item (with a tiny chance it will fall through the ground) and take a photo, then pick it up again.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Deceptive Thinker posted:

Does anyone else always drop rocks on the Koroks after finding them under them?

No cause I'm not a sick and twisted human being. They're so cute, how could you? (the matter of fact way you asked that made me laugh so hard though)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ymgve posted:

I wish items you got in chests automatically appeared in the library. Now you have to drop the item (with a tiny chance it will fall through the ground) and take a photo, then pick it up again.

Equip it, turn the camera to face yourself, focus the camera around until it's targeting the gear you want to catalogue.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My favorite shrine so far was in the southeast portion of the map, I don't know what zone it is I never found the tower while I was lost and exploring. I'm going to hide it all behind spoilers because it was so loving good. I was exploring and it started to rain and eventually turned into a roaring thunderstorm. Over the sounds of the storm I heard faint accordion music playing. I explored and explored and eventually found a bird-man at the base of a tree playing his accordion. I talked to him and he hinted that a nearby landform was hiding something and that it could only be accessed during a thunderstorm. I figured I'd have to draw lightning to it so I found the landform and stood on top of it. I got hit with lightning and died but the landform exploded too. Upon reloading the landform was still intact. So I farted around on top of it, looking for something metal nearby to bring over with my magnet magic and then I started to spark again. "I wonder if I can drop a metal weapon to attract the lightning?" I dropped the spear I was holding and it kept sparking so I got the hell out of the way. Lightning hit the weapon exploded the landform and uncovered a shrine. Inside was no puzzle, a chest was containing rubber pants and the shrine bearer was like, "hey you've earned this orb just cause you found this place." And that's my favorite shrine.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Equip it, turn the camera to face yourself, focus the camera around until it's targeting the gear you want to catalogue.

Thanks! Didn't think of that. Still a bit of effort though.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

So normally in a Zelda game it is quite easy to bank some rupees.

However this game has me barely scraping by. What's the best way to farm them? Selling baked apples?

Edit: fixed because phone posting while playing Switch in bed.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Mar 5, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beastie posted:

So normally in a Zelda game it is quite easy to bank some rupees.

However this game has me. Arely scraping by. What's the best way to farm them? Selling baked apples?

For some quick cash, a Firefly + 4x Horns of any kind nets you a potion worth 100 Rupees each.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Why does the game have this color balance? It looks terrible compared to the balance on the right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLMb1iTIdHU

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

totally just snuck past a lynel for 2 chests with 300 rupees each

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
This game is pretty good. I didn't try it but it looks like you can cook fairies!

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Selling monster parts is a good way to make a bunch of cash, because you end up with a couple hundred rupees' worth of moblin asses every time you finish exploring. Of course you can also use those to cook elixirs, but I haven't really bothered with that very much.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Doc Morbid posted:

Selling monster parts is a good way to make a bunch of cash, because you end up with a couple hundred rupees' worth of moblin asses every time you finish exploring. Of course you can also use those to cook elixirs, but I haven't really bothered with that very much.

Putting them into elixers like triples their value, also there is a vendor that gives special items for trading in monster parts so selling individual parts for ruppees is the worst thing you can do with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Is there an in game recipe list?