Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Yeah but can TNA really afford that many guitars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Jeff Jarrett has reportedly met with an executive from Spike TV about possibly returning Impact Wrestling to the network. Pro Wrestling Sheet reports that Spike TV senior vice president and executive producer Scott Fishman was at today’s Impact taping and met with Jarrett about a variety of topics. A possible return to the network in the US was among those topics discussed.

Fishman was an executive producer for Bellator on Spike, as well as an EP on the Kimbo Slice: One of a Kind documentary. Fishman was heavily involved in developing Impact in the show’s early days.

There’s no word on how talks went between the two, nor what it may mean for Pop TV’s contract with Impact. Impact Wrestling is returning to Spike TV in the UK starting in April, and PWS reports that several promos for the UK debut were shot during the weekend.

I cannot loving believe this is all happening again

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
It must have been such a relief to just have WCW actually die.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

Imagine what happens when Double J tells Fishman that Russo is definitely not working on Impact only to have Russo email the wrong guy again

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

elf help book posted:

It must have been such a relief to just have WCW actually die.

Not really. Their death spiral was bad, but in the last 6 months they were quite watchable. Plus a lot of people realised it meant no competition for Vince, since nobody else was around that had U.S. TV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Not really. Their death spiral was bad, but in the last 6 months they were quite watchable. Plus a lot of people realised it meant no competition for Vince, since nobody else was around that had U.S. TV.

In their last six months they put out the worst PPV in the history of the world. Thunder was good in 2001 but there were still bad Nitros and PPVs. Greed was a great show, but the rest of those late PPVs suck.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

In their last six months they put out the worst PPV in the history of the world. Thunder was good in 2001 but there were still bad Nitros and PPVs. Greed was a great show, but the rest of those late PPVs suck.

I'm probably conflating the last 2 months when Taylor was in charge with the majority of the year.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

Imagine what happens when Double J tells Fishman that Russo is definitely not working on Impact only to have Russo email the wrong guy again

"Yes, we hired this new writer, his name is, uh Rince Vusso! Yeah, that'll fool 'em!"

"I'm right here, Jeff. Like, sitting right here."

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jeff Jarret is 10 times the booker and promoter than HHH will ever be. If he hustle his way to Spike again then holy gently caress he is a master.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Chris James 2 posted:

My question here is does this mean Spike TV isn't being rebranded to Paramount TV anymore?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Strawberry Panda posted:

My question here is does this mean Spike TV isn't being rebranded to Paramount TV anymore?

The rebrand is next year. Sports will be included in the programming, including Bellator staying on the channel

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Chris James 2 posted:

TNA is a corpse moving at the speed of light

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

For real though how could they even hope to get on Spike again with around 350,000 viewers a week, a dead roster, and no money mark to pay the bills?

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 6, 2017

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Strawberry Panda posted:

Oh no but then where will that awful phony Bar Rescue show go? (to the sun, I hope)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Isn't the fact that their overall expenses are pretty low for being on PopTV pretty much the only reason they haven't lost their last dime? What the poo poo can they possibly promise Spike this time around?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

RZApublican posted:

For real though how could they even hope to get on Spike again with around 350,000 viewers a week, a dead roster, and no money mark to pay the bills?

2:30 am Saturday time slot that they give spike 100% of the ad revenue for?

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Bigass Moth posted:

was that the ECW deal?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Bigass Moth posted:

Ah yes, the Eckankar Hour

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Chris James 2 posted:

Time is a flat circle.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

skaboomizzy posted:

Time is a flat circle.

time is a table and the experience is water being poured upon it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Jeff Jarret is 10 times the booker and promoter than HHH will ever be. If he hustle his way to Spike again then holy gently caress he is a master.

HHH didn't lose so much money that he needed Dixie Carter to bail him and his dad out from losing everything they'd worked their lives to earn.

And then lose a bunch of money on GFW.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

HHH didn't lose so much money that he needed Dixie Carter to bail him and his dad out from losing everything they'd worked their lives to earn.

And then lose a bunch of money on GFW.

Jeff Jarrett doesnt married a Mcmahon.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

DoctorGonzo posted:

More things HHH is better at.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Jarrett lost his wife, made her into an angle, and then turned an angle into a Jarrett.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rare Magic card l00k posted:

turned an Angle into a Jarrett.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Maybe after they get back on Spike Dixie will come back to the company after Kurt enters a relationship with her

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

RZApublican posted:

Presumably if they got back on Spike they would have the money to hire more talent

idk what would happen with all the debt though, did Anthem just eat all that when they did the buyout?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

Presumably if they got back on Spike they would have the money to hire more talent

idk what would happen with all the debt though, did Anthem just eat all that when they did the buyout?

A good chunk of the debt has been paid back since a lot was owed to Anthem and Billy Corgan but TNA still has a couple of lawsuits pending.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I want TNA back on Spike and I want Jon Taffer to get to come backstage and yell at everyone for how awful the show is each week

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

when does puppet the midget killer come back

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Them going back to Spike would rely on Spike's only concern being Dixie and Russo.

Surely Spike had other issues with the incompetence, and ineptitude of the company and product?

Or are Spike that hard up for content that they will shrug and go, "well, at least its not as bad as it was."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Chris James 2 posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
So how long until they're going back to weekly PPVs?

Jarrett lost his wife, made her into an angle, and then turned an angle into a Jarrett.
:golfclap:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

Them going back to Spike would rely on Spike's only concern being Dixie and Russo.

Surely Spike had other issues with the incompetence, and ineptitude of the company and product?

Or are Spike that hard up for content that they will shrug and go, "well, at least its not as bad as it was."

Bar Rescue, Cops/Jail, like 3 tattoo shows, whatever "lip sync battle" is. a shitload of movies to replace the 10 billion episodes of CSI they always ran.

Spike is basically in the "beggars can't be choosers" category for programming.

E: and keep in mind they weren't really any different when they booted TNA.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ain't he great

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

:drat:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

oh my god how did I miss this hahahahaha

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

DJExile posted:

Bar Rescue, Cops/Jail, like 3 tattoo shows, whatever "lip sync battle" is. a shitload of movies to replace the 10 billion episodes of CSI they always ran.

Believe it or not those programs do okay, or at least they do okay with the right demos. TNA is on shaky ground on a much weaker station at the moment, I just can't see why Spike would be interested (unless TNA is practically free or is even paying them).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DJExile posted:

That's Spike. Soon they're becoming Paramount, which is supposed to be the premium cable spearhead of the entire Viacom group. I don't really see them going "here is all our new high quality drama productions, oh and we're also bringing back Impact Wrestling".

• Locked thread