Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad

Tacopocalypse posted:

Started a new job working in data centers and need a pair of headphones to entertain me while doing monotonous labor.

For what it's worth, noise canceling is hugely popular in DCs because it helps a TON. I'd get some used quietcomfort 15s off ebay and route the cable in your shirt.

If you're not listening to music, you can remove the cord and still use the noise cancelling to quiet the roar. Replaceable AAA batteries with ~30 hour life so no concern about making it through a shift. Couldn't imagine working without these.

If you're on the facilities side and have to wear ear protection, does not apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

I need something to replace my Shure SRH840's, as I'm on my second pair and the headband on these is cracking just like the first pair did. I've been happy with the sound and comfort, but the build quality is pissing me off.

I would like for something on par or if possible better, but in the same price range, so $200 tops. Closed, obviously. I'm looking at the Beyerdynamic DT 770, 80 ohm version. Appears well made and comfortable, but some people say it is a bit heavy on bass? This is where I start to go cross-eyed in reading reviews because all this poo poo is so goddamn subjective, and it can honestly be hard to say what I really want for sound as I haven't used a whole ton of headphones. Before the Shure's I had a pair of HD280's, I think they lacked a bit in bass and the highs could get too sharp. Also the headband cracked on those, too, haha.

So what else should I consider for an SRH840 replacement? Anything to really worry about with 80 ohm DT770's?

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

SO DEMANDING posted:

I need something to replace my Shure SRH840's, as I'm on my second pair and the headband on these is cracking just like the first pair did. I've been happy with the sound and comfort, but the build quality is pissing me off.

I would like for something on par or if possible better, but in the same price range, so $200 tops. Closed, obviously. I'm looking at the Beyerdynamic DT 770, 80 ohm version. Appears well made and comfortable, but some people say it is a bit heavy on bass? This is where I start to go cross-eyed in reading reviews because all this poo poo is so goddamn subjective, and it can honestly be hard to say what I really want for sound as I haven't used a whole ton of headphones. Before the Shure's I had a pair of HD280's, I think they lacked a bit in bass and the highs could get too sharp. Also the headband cracked on those, too, haha.

So what else should I consider for an SRH840 replacement? Anything to really worry about with 80 ohm DT770's?

I think they're bass forward but not really heavy. They're definitely kinda V-shaped though. I have 770s and 990s and love them. Definitely super well made, very durable. Give it a try. Definitely get the 80ohms because they have velour pads. :P

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Budget - $100-300 
Source - Phone or tablet (Bluetooth preferred, but 3.5mm jack acceptable)
Isolation Requirements - I need them to do as good of a job as possible at keeping what I am listening to from leaking out. Sound leaking in is a significantly smaller concern.
Preferred Type of Headphone - Circumaural  
Past Headphones - Panasonic RP-HTX7A-B Monitor Headphones
Preferred Music - Mostly audio from streaming video, some podcasts, otherwise classic rock.

I need a set of headphones that is as good as possible at not letting any sound leak out of them into the surrounding environment.

I live in a very rural area and it is shockingly quiet at all times, particularly during the winter when there aren't even animals running around outside. Because of this, it's hard for me to listen to something on headphones at any kind of volume without disturbing my wife, particularly something like an action movie, or any music heavier than, say...Enya.

The Panasonic set that I have are closed-back, non-noise cancelling, but they leak way too much. All the reviews I've found that talk about noise cancelling mention keeping out outside noise, but don't really mention the other way around.

Ideally, I'd like to find a set of headphones what would let me listen to the stereotypical Michael Bay action movie while sitting on the couch next to my wife without her even hearing the explosions or gunfire.

Thoughts?

Azathoth fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 25, 2017

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Are you against IEMs? I feel like that would be a sure fire fix for noise leakage and there are plenty of Bluetooth options out there for them.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Not necessarily, though I do have a concern about comfort and battery life length with them.

However, if that's the best option, the sound leakage is by far the biggest consideration in what I buy, so I'm willing to give them a try.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
I made a comment earlier about trying to switch from my Shure 215s to the Bose IEMs for airplanes, but the noise cancelling actually really bothered me.

My problem with the 215s is the driver housing doesn't quite fit in my ear right and so it will shift over time and starts to be painful. I otherwise really like the headphones.

So - what are my options for a more comfortable IEM that has similar noise blocking capabilities? Should I look at an upgraded Shure or do they all basically fit the same? I can be flexible with budget but probably around $100 or so.

Pimp Cauldron
Aug 3, 2002

A twisted pictoral of phoenix, AZ

I need to replace my clapped out Sennheiser HD500s. They are still alive after 12 years but really looking ragged.

Budget - <$200
Source - Synthesizer, recording equipment, computer
Isolation Requirements - None
Preferred Type of Headphone - Definitely over ear, probably open
Preferred Tonal Balance - Flat, but softer on the mid and high range couldn't hurt.
Past Headphones - Aforementioned HD500
Preferred Music - These will be used for listening to all types of things and recording electronic music.

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Looking for earbuds of some sort with a mic. Budget is <$40. I've just been using apple earbuds but they bite rear end and I could use something better.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

A cool drat horse posted:

Looking for earbuds of some sort with a mic. Budget is <$40. I've just been using apple earbuds but they bite rear end and I could use something better.

Either of these

grack posted:

I like the Senzer H1s
https://www.amazon.com/Resolution-E...words=senzer+h1

The Tennmak Dulcimer are also pretty good (and IMO better than the Pros) at the same price. Less bass, better clarity.
https://www.amazon.com/Tennmak-Dulc...eywords=tennmak

To be honest the Pros are okay at best. They're very bassy headphones and it can be overbearing. Comparing them to the Shure SE215s is a little bit misleading because there are now shitloads of better headphones available at the same price or cheaper than the SE215s.

I just got the H1s and they are pretty good for $25.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

MarcusSA posted:

Either of these

I just got the H1s and they are pretty good for $25.

I still like my Tennmak Pros :colbert:

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I haven't had a set of Grados for about 7 years, had a pair of 80s that I loved which I quite simply wore out from use. I swore I would get another, better set of Grados at some point, I just loved the clarity and honesty of them. My local bricks and mortar are stopping selling Grado, simply because they are a small provincial shop and there just isn't the market here. So I purchased a pair of SR325s for the price of a pair of 125s. I'm pretty fuckin pleased with them, they're everything I loved about my 80s and more. I never suffered much from the 'discomfort' people complained about with the 80s foam earpads/cups, but these are a notable improvement on the 80s with the firmer foam over-ear cups.

As I 'saved' so much on the 'phones, I've ordered a Schiit Vali 2 to add to my Pro-ject/Mani + RasPi/Modi 2 + Topping/Monitors set up. Will give some feedback on the combo when the amp arrives. I'm sure I wont be able to quantify the difference between Magni and Vali, but I wanted a glowy valve box on top of my schiit stack so gently caress it.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

I've been meaning to get some new in ear wireless headphones since my Jaybird X2's died on me, and I was thinking of maybe getting The V-Moda Forza Metallo Wireless, but they keep delaying the release date.
Would it be worth it to wait, or go with something else?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

shadowvine118 posted:

I've been meaning to get some new in ear wireless headphones since my Jaybird X2's died on me, and I was thinking of maybe getting The V-Moda Forza Metallo Wireless, but they keep delaying the release date.
Would it be worth it to wait, or go with something else?

If it's for an iphone I highly recommend the BeatsX, very happy with mine.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I have a hand-me-down DT550 that I love (but the foam over the drivers is falling apart, and the padding is getting flat) and my HD555s are falling apart (plastic is literally deteriorating). What would you recommend me in the same price range or the same quality level? I am actually in preference to my DT550 over the HD555 if that matters, but I am not brand loyal.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I have a hand-me-down DT550 that I love (but the foam over the drivers is falling apart, and the padding is getting flat) and my HD555s are falling apart (plastic is literally deteriorating). What would you recommend me in the same price range or the same quality level? I am actually in preference to my DT550 over the HD555 if that matters, but I am not brand loyal.

I had some trouble figuring out what the DT550s were because apparently HP makes a computer or something with that ID number.

The Beyer sound signature is quite special. If you like the treble spikes then check amazon and see if you can snag a DT990 premium for a good price at whatever OHMs your gear is comfortable driving. If you can't then whatever mid range 5-series Sennheiser has is probably ok.

Or... you might be able to just buy replacement bits for the HD's you currently have from Sennheiser directly. They're usually reasonably modular so see if your particular model has replacement parts available on their service website because that might save you some dosh.

Also Beyer will probably sell you replacement foam that fits for a fraction of the price of new cans. Look up what fits and buy new ear cushions if that helps.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Mar 3, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I love those silver velour DT770 pads and they should fit your 550's just fine. Or you could just get the OG pads, they still make 'em. $30 either way. You don't really need new headphones if you still like your 550s. Now, if you want new headphones, that's another question.

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts.html

Sehvekah
Mar 14, 2010

I am not a clever pony
Since I ended up buying the Urbanfun HiFi's and the KZ ZSTs, here's a quick review and comparison:

The Urbanfuns... Got lost in the loving mail! :negative: Literally the first time I've had that happen with any purchase I've ever made. The seller was cool about it though and straight refunded me, so I might try again later.

I say "might" because the ZSTs, for all their quirks, boil down to ATE's with better upper mids and highs. I'll post some more detail once I've had more than a couple work shifts with them, but I don't regret taking the chance with KZ again.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

So I very recently bought a pair of M1060s from Monoprice recently because I wanted planars anyway and the price seemed too good to be true (300 USD). Got them today after bit of a wait because Australian.

They're amazing. Holy poo poo. I could waffle on with various words to describe things but that's the summary. Stock comfort is excellent too.

Negative aspects:
You'll need to bring your own 3.5 -> quarter inch adaptor (I had one already), the included cable is only 4ft/1.2m long (I'm... ok with this? My amp is right in front of me when I listen anyway).
The stock pads are synth leather (what do you expect for the price) and they're glued on so when you want to change pads get some double sided tape to adhere them. I'm going to get some ZMF pads for this thing at some point because fake leather makes my ears hot but the real stuff doesn't.

Oh and the cable connectors are mmcx so I'm terrified I'm going to break them because they're tiny. But no joke within a minute of wearing the M1060s I forgot the cable was so short (used to 10ft ones) and I went to get something and ripped the cable right out of my amplifier without damaging the headphones, so maybe my fear is unfounded.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

DancingShade posted:

So I very recently bought a pair of M1060s from Monoprice recently because I wanted planars anyway and the price seemed too good to be true (300 USD). Got them today after bit of a wait because Australian.

They're amazing. Holy poo poo. I could waffle on with various words to describe things but that's the summary. Stock comfort is excellent too.

Negative aspects:
You'll need to bring your own 3.5 -> quarter inch adaptor (I had one already), the included cable is only 4ft/1.2m long (I'm... ok with this? My amp is right in front of me when I listen anyway).
The stock pads are synth leather (what do you expect for the price) and they're glued on so when you want to change pads get some double sided tape to adhere them. I'm going to get some ZMF pads for this thing at some point because fake leather makes my ears hot but the real stuff doesn't.

Oh and the cable connectors are mmcx so I'm terrified I'm going to break them because they're tiny. But no joke within a minute of wearing the M1060s I forgot the cable was so short (used to 10ft ones) and I went to get something and ripped the cable right out of my amplifier without damaging the headphones, so maybe my fear is unfounded.

Thanks for your input on these. I have been watching them ever since they were announced, and was waiting on initial impressions/reviews before buying a pair. Monoprice sold out of their initial stock of 500 units very quickly, so they're not available again until mid-April (estimated).

There's a very active thread on Head-Fi devoted to these:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820107/monoprice-monolith-m1060-and-m560-planar-headphones

Can you speak to the wood cracking "issue"? Does your pair exhibit that defect? Thanks!

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Grado 325 + Schiit Vali 2 - Impressions

While I was waiting for my Vali 2 to come I plugged the Grados into some household sources, I wouldn't bother again. These really benefit from an amp, probably any amp, no surprise. Some newer songs sounded ok, older recordings sounded a bit flat. The high gain setting on the Vali sounds best with these, the low-gain sounds barely better than plugging it into my phone.

Usual Grado mid-high bias that makes them great for rock / metal but with more bass than I remember in my old SR80s. I appreciated the increased bass oomph on some of my electronica too. Stand out albums/EPs:

AAC, Modi 2 DAC
Mastodon - Curl of the Burl
The M Machine - Metropolis EPs
Sam Lee - Ground of Its Own
Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot

Vinyl, Mani pre-amp
The Sword - Gods of the Earth
The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy
John Carpenter - Lost Themes

Either
Opeth. All the Opeth.

The resolution on the highs is great, guitar and cymbals are fantastic, not to mention the sounds of vocalists breathing and sharp esses. This setup would probably make one those youtube ASMR weirdos poo poo themselves / come / IDK.

I have no idea how much the Valve Magic is colouring things, and I have no intention of finding out. poo poo sounds great and I don't see me buying any more audio gear past replacement valves for quite a long time.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

D1E posted:

Thanks for your input on these. I have been watching them ever since they were announced, and was waiting on initial impressions/reviews before buying a pair. Monoprice sold out of their initial stock of 500 units very quickly, so they're not available again until mid-April (estimated).

There's a very active thread on Head-Fi devoted to these:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820107/monoprice-monolith-m1060-and-m560-planar-headphones

Can you speak to the wood cracking "issue"? Does your pair exhibit that defect? Thanks!

So far no cracks. Then again my Sennheiser HD600 headband never snapped in half either after 6 years of heavy use.

I have no doubt that anchoring anything metal into wood is a structural weakness however I'm also not convinced that the people complaining aren't simply the kind of hamfisted people that destroy any headphone they get their hands on immediately.
(aside from replacing the padding my HD600s look new yet people complain about the paint chipping etc. What the gently caress are they doing with their headphones?)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

DancingShade posted:

(aside from replacing the padding my HD600s look new yet people complain about the paint chipping etc. What the gently caress are they doing with their headphones?)

I have a pair of HD580s that are older than probably half the posters in this thread and they're still basically brand new looking, despite many, many, many drops and tumbles. I have no idea how the whole "hdxxx series are flimsy" thing came to be, because they're at least as durable as my equally old-as-gently caress 7506s. Maybe more so, since the sonys are getting a little floppy at the hinge.

Besides, as long as the drivers are fine, you can still get new cheap parts and replace them without even needing tools.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
The plastic on my 555s was making GBS threads out after about 7 years. Cracks and general fatigue. Still replaced them with 598s tho.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I have a pair of HD580s that are older than probably half the posters in this thread and they're still basically brand new looking, despite many, many, many drops and tumbles. I have no idea how the whole "hdxxx series are flimsy" thing came to be, because they're at least as durable as my equally old-as-gently caress 7506s. Maybe more so, since the sonys are getting a little floppy at the hinge.

Besides, as long as the drivers are fine, you can still get new cheap parts and replace them without even needing tools.

Totally.

If the wood ring on the M1060s does eventually crack I'll just use roof flashing to reinforce it. That stuff holds together anything.

Will let people here know if it happens but for now they're fine.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

ReelBigLizard posted:

Grado 325 + Schiit Vali 2 - Impressions

While I was waiting for my Vali 2 to come I plugged the Grados into some household sources, I wouldn't bother again. These really benefit from an amp, probably any amp, no surprise. Some newer songs sounded ok, older recordings sounded a bit flat. The high gain setting on the Vali sounds best with these, the low-gain sounds barely better than plugging it into my phone.

Usual Grado mid-high bias that makes them great for rock / metal but with more bass than I remember in my old SR80s. I appreciated the increased bass oomph on some of my electronica too. Stand out albums/EPs:

AAC, Modi 2 DAC
Mastodon - Curl of the Burl
The M Machine - Metropolis EPs
Sam Lee - Ground of Its Own
Sparklehorse - Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot

Vinyl, Mani pre-amp
The Sword - Gods of the Earth
The Prodigy - The Day Is My Enemy
John Carpenter - Lost Themes

Either
Opeth. All the Opeth.

The resolution on the highs is great, guitar and cymbals are fantastic, not to mention the sounds of vocalists breathing and sharp esses. This setup would probably make one those youtube ASMR weirdos poo poo themselves / come / IDK.

I have no idea how much the Valve Magic is colouring things, and I have no intention of finding out. poo poo sounds great and I don't see me buying any more audio gear past replacement valves for quite a long time.

Thanks for the impressions. Did you think the Vali was noticeably different from the Magni?

Also was comfort any different on the 325 than the 80? Or basically the same thing?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I have a pair of AKG K7XX's that I tried once, still with original packaging. Anyone interested in buying them?

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Sorry I meant I have (old) DT990s and HD555s. I am a dumb. That sounds like a good plan though, to replace the pads.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

I have a pair of AKG K7XX's that I tried once, still with original packaging. Anyone interested in buying them?

No because I still have my old made in Austria AKG701s that I both can't bear to part with but also can't bear to wear because of the torturous headband.
My first "proper" headphones that I equally love and loathe. I tell myself that one day I'll replace the headband with some ghetto arrangement but never do.

Did they ever fix that with the 7XXX or do you still need to tear it off your head and massage your crown after a while?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

DancingShade posted:

No because I still have my old made in Austria AKG701s that I both can't bear to part with but also can't bear to wear because of the torturous headband.
My first "proper" headphones that I equally love and loathe. I tell myself that one day I'll replace the headband with some ghetto arrangement but never do.

Did they ever fix that with the 7XXX or do you still need to tear it off your head and massage your crown after a while?

OK

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

No comment on the headband comfort? That was the main reason I think the AKG7 series fell out of favor.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

DancingShade posted:

No comment on the headband comfort? That was the main reason I think the AKG7 series fell out of favor.

No, because I tried them once and put them back in the box as I impulse bought them after I had ordered my HD650s. I'm sure there are 12,000,000 reviews though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Google Butt posted:

No, because I tried them once and put them back in the box as I impulse bought them after I had ordered my HD650s. I'm sure there are 12,000,000 reviews though.

I only asked because the headband design is substantively different on every iteration of the AKG7 series and because it's an older headphone design (and therefore not cool or something) nobody really talks about the current models in much detail.
Which is a pity because the earcup design and soundstage is amazing if only the headband wasn't made of bent clipboard.

Also good choice of alternative headphone. You can wear HD6-whatever's for hours comfortably.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
I have no issues with the AK7xx for long periods of wear. And I have a fairly large head.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Lowness 72 posted:

Thanks for the impressions. Did you think the Vali was noticeably different from the Magni?

Also was comfort any different on the 325 than the 80? Or basically the same thing?

I haven't tried the Magni, I really couldn't say. I have a purely gut feeling that the valve is maybe colouring the sound more towards the lows, which might be balancing the Grado brightness.

Big difference in comfort in terms of earpads, the cup-style improves comfort massively over the flat pad. You could just put 325 cups on your 80s though. The 325 is heavier with the all alu sound chambers for sure, but it is offset by a much more comfy wider headband, which I fully intend to make even more comfortable with some padding.

ReelBigLizard posted:

poo poo sounds great and I don't see me buying any more audio gear past replacement valves for quite a long time.

OK now I have to eat my words, someone recommend me a pair of cheap closed back cans for the office that don't sound like garbage and will run OK from my macbook. My new set up has ruined me and now my work IEMs sound like poo poo. $50/£50 is probably about my budget.

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
I'm looking for a pair of good headphones which will hopefully serve a couple purposes in my office and at home:

* Drown out the loud-talkers at the office that moved in at the next desk over (before I shoot myself in the head). It's just conversation - loud phone calls and in-person chatter - we don't have any music or other constant sound here.
* Comfort to wear for hours on end
* Wireless/Bluetooth and able to connect to 2 devices at once (PC and phone) (I get up and move around a lot, and am sick of garrotting myself on cords)
* Microphone and decent quality for taking calls
* I think over-ear is the way to go from what I've read, but I admit my ignorance on these things. I know I do NOT want earbuds/in-ear.
* I would have said noise-cancelling before reading the first post in this thread.
* Avoid noise bleed - I don't want to hear the people around me, but I don't want them hearing my music/podcasts either.

Before the noisy folk got moved in next door, I was already looking for a headset with almost all of these features, because we're moving our phone system to softphones to work remotely, and I need something to use to take work calls. I figure if I can get something that works for both (ideally if it was foldable/portable that'd be great too) that would be two birds, one stone.

Sound quality is not SUPER high on the priority list, because I'm no audiophile and probably would have all sorts of nuances lost on me - not "sounds like poo poo" is as far as I care.

Budget would be around $150 or less I think - I don't know what these things go for, but I'm trying to get the boss to buy them for me so I don't want to name a price that will shut the offer right down.

When I thought I'd be buying them for myself, I was looking at these three as the top contenders:

Cowin E-7 Wireless Bluetooth Over-ear Stereo Headphones with Microphone and Volume Control https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...g=logicemail-20
Philips SHB8750NC/27 Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones https://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHB8750NC-27-Canceling-Headphones/dp/B015CVOEW6/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
HIFI ELITE Super66 by Modern Portable https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016JBZ4CW/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_4FIUybXV5M1N4

EVG fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Mar 7, 2017

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I'm looking for IEMs that do not have a V signature but have 'relaxed' highs and powerful sub-lows... and NO bloated mid-bass. Previously the best IEMs that fit this were the Velodyne VPulse which are discontinued. Any ideas?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

DancingShade posted:

Negative aspects:

Whelp looks like I'm gonna drop a grand on Monoprice for those and a 3D printer.

DancingShade posted:

My 7XXs are extremely comfortable. Comparing only to ATX M40X and Sennheiser HD 598s, but my first impression was really going "Ohh" in a v. good way. I wear them for hours and hours at a time and and love it.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Unpopular opinion: my AD900x are very very uncomfortable. They put pressure on my jaw joint which is incredibly uncomfortable for me. Really a shame.

FYI these are the new models after they dropped the funky purple (or maybe 900 never was purple? Anyway they're all black).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NewFatMike posted:

My 7XXs are extremely comfortable. Comparing only to ATX M40X and Sennheiser HD 598s, but my first impression was really going "Ohh" in a v. good way. I wear them for hours and hours at a time and and love it.

That's good to hear. If I ever get another pair of dynamics I'll keep AKG on the list of considerations because the 701 earcups were really something else.

Also been using my M1060s very heavily since I got them and still no cracks in the wood or problems with the mmcx connectors so far.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 8, 2017