Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have to go to Costco to get my glasses and contacts prescriptions renewed, but I decided to day-drink today and now I have to wait another week. The one by me is in a massive Orthodox Jewish neighborhood, so it's dead on Saturday and mobbed on any other day of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
i really want to buy a dyson handheld things. are they waorth it?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

i really want to buy a dyson handheld things. are they waorth it?
what, the v6 handheld? wirecutter generally liked it but not the best bang for the buck. but if you have the $$ go for it.

http://thesweethome.com/reviews/best-handheld-vacuum/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Can I buy a cheap handheld clothes steamer from Costco? I'm still learning what they have and don't have at an average store.

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

What's the hot new poo poo from costco these days

Im going tomorrow and want some tips

Food court chili and collapsable laundry baskets.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Can I buy a cheap handheld clothes steamer from Costco? I'm still learning what they have and don't have at an average store.

If you're not a member then you should be able to go in and ask about it and see if you can look around or they could help you out.

Our explosive entry collars are coming in a few months.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I'm a recent member, though the Costco I like is far enough of a drive that I wouldn't go there unless I was in the area or there was a definite something there I wanted. I thought why not ask that question on the off chance someone knew the answer.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I'm a recent member, though the Costco I like is far enough of a drive that I wouldn't go there unless I was in the area or there was a definite something there I wanted. I thought why not ask that question on the off chance someone knew the answer.

https://www.costco.com/Steamfast-Mid-Size-Fabric-Steam-Press-.product.100010847.html

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Also protip: the Kirkland (Costco's brand) beers are dirt cheap and not even that bad (some of them IIRC are actually brewed by Saranac). Those and the Trader Joe's-branded beers kept me in not-lovely-alcohol during the tough times

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Cooking and drinking a huge bottle of Kirkland cabernet, everything is marinated

Winos should really invest in a costco card, they'd benefit highly from the huge bottles of $5 wine

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

let me tell you about a magical bottle of satisfaction known as Two Buck Chuck (you may pay up to Three Bucks for it but no membership needed)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Kelp Me! posted:

let me tell you about a magical bottle of satisfaction known as Two Buck Chuck (you may pay up to Three Bucks for it but no membership needed)

Every time I went to Trader Joe's when I was living in Kirkland at the very least one person was getting a box of that stuff. I've had it. I'm not a wine drinker but it was a solid wine.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Considering Kirkland Signature sunglasses. Please advise.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

FogHelmut posted:

I bought them. Once. Long story short im now blind.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

bucksmash posted:

I got a giant bottle of tequila, thin crust pepperoni, 8 LED light bulbs, steak, asparagus, and a jug of Simple Green that should last about 3 years.

The lady behind me had... one canister of coffee. And she was complaining about the lines. Just loving go to Safeway at that point.

I consume enough coffee that it simply isn't economical to get it anywhere but Costco. Where else can I get 2.5lbs of organic coffee for $10 USD? Certainly not at loving Safeway, gently caress, not even at the dang WinCo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

KiteAuraan posted:

I consume enough coffee that it simply isn't economical to get it anywhere but Costco. Where else can I get 2.5lbs of organic coffee for $10 USD? Certainly not at loving Safeway, gently caress, not even at the dang WinCo.

Have you considered drinking less coffee

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I bought them. Once. Long story short im now blind.
Have you tried taking off the sunglasses?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a hole-y ghost posted:

Have you tried taking off the sunglasses?

Screw you buddy you cant tell me what to do

edit: gently caress

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Have you considered drinking less coffee

this fuckin' guy

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
Really pleased with the seaweed salad in the refrigerated section; the only problem is that it's pretty expensive (like $10 a pound). I've repeatedly tried to make it myself from scratch and it never comes out like restaurant-quality.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Male Tears posted:

Really pleased with the seaweed salad in the refrigerated section; the only problem is that it's pretty expensive (like $10 a pound). I've repeatedly tried to make it myself from scratch and it never comes out like restaurant-quality.

The hotdog is $6 a pound. You could get 4 of those bad boys for 6 bones. Plus you get to use the onion twisty grinder thing. That's worth it just by itself.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

The hotdog is $6 a pound. You could get 4 of those bad boys for 6 bones. Plus you get to use the onion twisty grinder thing. That's worth it just by itself.

This sage speaks wisdom beyond his years. 1/4 lb!!! All Beef Hot Dog and a fountain drink for only $1.50!!!!!!!!!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Male Tears posted:

the container's about 2 pounds, so it's more like 5 or 6 per pound. Doesn't seem that expensive to me, I mean, how much of that stuff do you eat in a sitting? Stuff's pretty salty

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

BaconCopter posted:

This sage speaks wisdom beyond his years. 1/4 lb!!! All Beef Hot Dog and a fountain drink for only $1.50!!!!!!!!!

HOW! Do they do it?????

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This sage can only deliver the word of our lord Costco. It is omnipotent and powerful and, yay, the Costco brings only love and joy to it's customers.

Namaste.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I wish Costco offered burgers too, I know they'd do 'em right and keep the price excellent. But they know better than me and adding a flat top might gently caress poo poo up, so I'll be content with my 1/4 pound all beef hotdog and fountain drink

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Got two piece luggage and a hotdog AND a soda for less than $115!

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
We have 2 kids and frequent our local Costco for diapers. Another good thing to get is their pesto, or as my son calls it "green sauce". Little fella won't touch marinara sauce since he's gotten a taste of the green stuff. My only complaint.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Smashing Link posted:

We have 2 kids and frequent our local Costco for diapers. Another good thing to get is their pesto, or as my son calls it "green sauce". Little fella won't touch marinara sauce since he's gotten a taste of the green stuff. My only complaint.
if you want him to stop give him pea guacamole instead one day

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

FogHelmut posted:

Like the $30 regular ones? I got those and they are pretty good, polarized and about a year of constant use(got pterygium) in and they are holding up well. Also the systane drops I use are pretty cheap there.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

It blows my mind that there is actually a store behind the Costco Hot Dog stand that you don't need a membership to purchase from. poo poo, I'd pay a $1.50 to spin that onion dispenser into the trash for a minute or two.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Sittin here, Costco on the mind. Thinkin bout dogs and soda done right and done cheap. Onions piled high. Dirt cheap allergy medicine? Don't mind if I do. Thank you Costcy!

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

It blows my mind that there is actually a store behind the Costco Hot Dog stand that you don't need a membership to purchase from. poo poo, I'd pay a $1.50 to spin that onion dispenser into the trash for a minute or two.
only some locations have the hot dog stand outside

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

only some locations have the hot dog stand outside

No. You can get hot dogs at any location without a membership.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
^^^^ Liquor too!

Don't forget the 4 pounds of Jelly Bellys for 14 bucks (less if its on sale in the add)

Then one time they had giant loving bags of Hi-CHew for like 8 bucks or something, so much value it blew my mind.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

BaconCopter posted:

yeah but you need a membership to get in or else the feeble old man at the door might say something.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

a hole-y ghost posted:

yeah but you need a membership to get in or else the feeble old man at the door might say something.

Go in through the exit, say you are getting a hot dog. It's not crazy dude.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

Or the entrance and do the same thing. drat, that's some crazy poo poo.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

BaconCopter posted:

No, this depends on local laws

Personally, the idea of filthy outsiders getting to purchase a fine hot dog sickens me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Feed a family with one of those full pizzas, only pennies a week