Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009

Seyser Koze posted:

I've lost the thread of this game's story. Why were the mystery date show and the train episode part of the main plot while the episodes about Mayapple and Farrah were optional? Why is a nation of oni going to war in a train, and why does stopping one train (run by a faceless henchman and not anybody important) put a stop to the war? What are we even trying to do at this point?

The base plot is that we needed to kidnap five princesses or persons of royalty to power our doom weapon. at one point we needed some money and teamed with Apoida to go on a treasure hunt.
Of course when we went to get the Artificial Princess we learned that Mayapple herself had commissioned her construction. The optional Mayapple stage doesn't occur unless you get Farrahs sisters at which point you confront her about her involvement and then she asks
you to take out Dr. Cackle so she can shut down Adept. Sukochi two can be accessed as soon as you get Farrah Day and is only required if you want the good ending. The same goes for the second Adept stage. The dating game happened because the fire lord had prior
commitments before we kidnapped him and Becky convinced Crow to go on the show to increase his brand identity and spread fear.

The events of the game show enraged Tephra who decided to try and destroy Crow's castle which houses his doom weapon. I'm assuming she doesn't do anything else than the train because she still has to wage a decades long war with the snow folk.

in the end our goal is still the same. Get all five person of royalty to power the doom weapon and take over the world.

Now I will admit that Adept two should have been mandatory since it does close out Mayapple's side plot. The museum is the only stage that has no reason to be there. There is no character development and there is no reason for the heroes to be there acting like they
were because Crow wasn't even doing anything at that point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's Play Hidden My Game By Mom 2

Once more, with feeling! We're still on the hunt after Mom has taken our DS away from us, and Hobotron and I are sure that we'll show her what's what this time! The puzzles are harder and more devious, but nothing will get in the way of our video games!

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

YouTube posted:

An error occurred. Please try again later.

Did you just upload it or something?

E: \/ \/ \/ drat it.

Teledahn fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Mar 5, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

That ending is adorable. :3:

Teledahn posted:

Video's fine for me.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ChaosArgate posted:

That ending is adorable. :3:

I agree! Such a wonderful little gem :allears:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Teledahn posted:

E: \/ \/ \/ drat it.

It won't play for me either :(

e: Won't work in hd, but in lower bit rates it works

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Is... is mom making a reference to The Birth of Venus???

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

CJacobs posted:

Is... is mom making a reference to The Birth of Venus???

Definitely, considering other references in the game.

Those two games were a treat, by the way, and I hope the sequel hook actually gets/already got followed up on.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
With no obstacles left it's time to harness the power of royalty.

Nefarious: Episode 12 - Consequences

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
During that last battle it looked like your healthbar ran out first, but the game still counted it as your victory. Did i see that wrong?

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Nuramor posted:

During that last battle it looked like your healthbar ran out first, but the game still counted it as your victory. Did i see that wrong?

Yeah, I noticed that too. Guess it's a bug?

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
After taking a close look. It more or less seems like Mack went down a split second before we took the final hit. It happened so fast the game didn't get time to take his energy bar down.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

:siren: Let's Play Radical Rex - Part 2 :siren:

This isn't the finale Radical Rex needs. This is the finale Radical Rex deserves.

Fae and I started the episode with very little patience for the game already, and if that weren't enough, the production of the video itself ended up being an entire shitshow. The game audio desyncs several times, Fae's audio got baked into the game video somehow so I couldn't adjust her volume individually from the game audio, somehow her commentary did not desync like the game audio did so at least she still lines up with my commentary. Oh, and we totally, absolutely, definitely finished the game. Yep, no need to go back to it ever again, that's for sure.

edit: OH JESUS THAT'S NOT EVEN THE WHOLE THING WHAT HAPPENED

edit 2: problem solved, check this space later for the actual update :v:

edit 3: it's finally done processing, i don't care anymore and i just want to go to bed. hopefully it'll be HD quality soonish.

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 7, 2017

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChorpSaway posted:

Let's Play Hidden My Game By Mom 2

Once more, with feeling! We're still on the hunt after Mom has taken our DS away from us, and Hobotron and I are sure that we'll show her what's what this time! The puzzles are harder and more devious, but nothing will get in the way of our video games!

drat, this game has a pretty realistic grandpa.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Let’s Stream Xenoblade Chronicles X! (Streamed most Mondays from ~2-4 PM PST at https://www.twitch.tv/gamekiwi)

We were not at all prepared for what the next story mission threw at us.

Previous Episodes

Episode 7 - Not Strong Enough

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

The second three levels of this game contains a fun snow level, missile delivered mecha, and disco (no, seriously)

Part One
Part Two

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Intrusion 2 is the game we all imagined looking at box art or reading instruction manuals for other, lesser 2d shooters when we were 10.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Night10194 posted:

Intrusion 2 is the game we all imagined looking at box art or reading instruction manuals for other, lesser 2d shooters when we were 10.

That sums it up perfectly yes.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

You ain't seen nothing yet.

Trizophenie
Mar 2, 2011

Jar Jar Binks improved my story.

The big finale

I should really stop not working on videos, especially when I've had everything recorded ages ago.
But with this we're done with Force Unleashed 2 Wii.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
where are the rats

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Mycroft Holmes posted:

where are the rats

What if LogicalFallacy is literally dead

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mycroft Holmes posted:

where are the rats

you got star wars instead

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GamesAreSupernice posted:

What if LogicalFallacy is literally dead

END ME SCOOB posted:

So I just spent all night finishing up Bad Rats Show.

And now I have to beat it again because as soon as the ending happened, (PROBABLY NWS) this happened and I didn't get to see any of it.

gently caress you, Bad Rats Show. You literally made me hemorrhage.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

you got star wars instead

Force Unleashed II is the Bad Rats Show of Star Wars games.

LogicalFallacy
Nov 16, 2015

Wrecking hell's shit since 1993

I live yet! It's mostly a matter of arsing myself to do the editing, on account of being up to Chapter 3 now. gently caress Chapter 3. I've already had to relive that experience once when recording commentary for it, and I don't relish doing so again. Chapter 3 is the only one that I recorded in two sessions because I actually rage-quit towards the end.

That being said, I do plan on getting at least the first video of it put together this weekend.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

This is the last few levels before the last boss. I was originally going to post this alone, but couldn't bring myself to do it soooo.

Please watch this, even without context, this boss is amazing

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part One
Part Two
Part Three
Part Four

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Intrusion is everything Contra should be.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
So casual we didn't make a graphic, it's YAKUZA Episode 1 by Status: Poison.

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
The final episode for nefarious is going to take longer than I expected. The final boss for the good ending is way tougher than I thought and not for good reasons.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Doseku posted:

The final episode for nefarious is going to take longer than I expected. The final boss for the good ending is way tougher than I thought and not for good reasons.

Should we clap our hands if we believe in Crow?

Doseku
Nov 9, 2009
No, but it did help.

Nefarious: Finale - The power of paperwork

This fight was spread across four seperate videos because I had to take breaks in between before I lost my mind. I have helpfully condensed it down from 2 hours to around 30 minutes. But you'll see enough of it to understand it's core problem.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Doseku posted:

No, but it did help.

This fight was spread across four seperate videos because I had to take breaks in between before I lost my mind. I have helpfully condensed it down from 2 hours to around 30 minutes. But you'll see enough of it to understand it's core problem.

You should keep playing awkward 2D platformers because that is basically what I use you for.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Doseku posted:

No, but it did help.

This is pretty great, but I wish they'd gotten more money from the kickstarter for more character faces; Mayapple using her really happy, excited face when it seems like she'd be worried is a bit odd. For instance, when she says "But you'll die!"

Congrats on finishing the game. It was really fun to watch! I hope that the folks that did this go on to make some more games. Maybe ones with better boss fights. I feel like that final boss would be a lot easier and maybe more fun, if the policebots flew straight up whenever you hit them. Regardless of the angle and place you hit them, they just go straight up. That would remove a lot of the issue of needing to him them in the exact right spot to get them to arc correctly, and put the focus instead on dodging the laser and hitting a bot at the right time so that it impacts Becky's pod. Rather than having to focus on dodging and having to hit the bots in the exact right way to get them to hit her.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you for the LP. We learned an important lesson today, goons: You don't need to rule the world when you have good friends

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Carbon dioxide posted:

Thank you for the LP. We learned an important lesson today, goons: You don't need to rule the world when you have good friends

Except for the part where he doesn't actually get to hang out with them and do any of the stuff they said they would do while remaining friends. It kinda makes the whole thing fall apart at the end, on further reflection. Which is a pity, I was really digging it until the very end bit.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

It feels like on one hand they were going for a classic story of redemption, because that always feels good when you see it as an audience, but on the other hand they didn't want him to lose his supervillain status, so the story tries to go in two opposite directions at once in the 'good ending' and pulls neither off well.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Yeah. It's especially unfortunate because Mayapple explicitly says "We're not asking you to be a hero... just a friend." Like, they were aware it would work better to have him remain a villain, but then they weren't quite willing to go all the way with it and try to figure out how that would work with him still being their friends.

It was still a really neat, charming game overall though, I'm glad it got Kickstarted.

Axe Master
Jun 1, 2008

Shred ya later!
Hey all! I recently streamed a playthrough of Vectorman 2, with the question asked: Was this Game Good? It wasn't. Spoilers. But take a look-see why it isn't!

Part 1/2
Part 2/2

Next Saturday I'll be playing through Toejam and Earl 2, because I'm on a mission to ruin my childhood memories. And when that game is ruined before my eyes, I'll chop it up and drop it here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Axe Master posted:

Next Saturday I'll be playing through Toejam and Earl 2, because I'm on a mission to ruin my childhood memories. And when that game is ruined before my eyes, I'll chop it up and drop it here!

The only memories I have of that game are positive. When I was of game renting age I remember I vastly prefered the second to the first. Imagine my surprise when I found any discussion about that franchise on the Internet.

Godspeed friend. I am not brave enough to reconcile those happy memories with the harsh reality that I was 8 years old when I played those games.