Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Really fun B-tier show last night - Okada/TMW, Shibata/Sabre, and Hiromu/Taguchi were all pretty great. I still wish they'd treat the jr. tag belts less like a hot potato, but I pretty much accept it at this point.

Makabe is rocking a pretty sweet beard these days, too.

Bring on the New Japan Cup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thauros posted:

What was his weight in the CWC? Weren't the weigh-ins legit?

Wikipedia says he was 181. Who's the smallest HW njpw has? Omega?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Where's Juice, Push Juice

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

Wikipedia says he was 181. Who's the smallest HW njpw has? Omega?

Omega, Kojima or Yoshi-Hashi

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rovert posted:

This month is a very expensive month for Wrestling fans so this is a heads up budgeting wise the New Japan LA shows are set to go on sale very early April.

Have you heard anything about ticket pricing?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Excellent show again. New Japan haven't had a bad show since i started re-watching at WK.

Wasn't a massive fan of Shibata/ZSJ. It was a good match but nothing memorable other than the ending, which was great.

Looking forward to the New Japan Cup now. I think Omega will take it to set up a rematch with Okada later in the summer.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
I'm really glad I didn't spoil the ending to ZSJ/Shibata before I watched this.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hey there's another Korakuen tomorrow morning at the standard time of 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT.

Card's a mystery until the show like NYD. I wonder if that means it could be a little more important than the standard Road to show or if it was simply to conceal ZSJ's allegiance? Prob more the latter sadly but only one way to find out!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Thauros posted:

Hey there's another Korakuen tomorrow morning at the standard time of 4:30 EDT/9:30 GMT.

Card's a mystery until the show like NYD. I wonder if that means it could be a little more important than the standard Road to show or if it was simply to conceal ZSJ's allegiance? Prob more the latter sadly but only one way to find out!

it's listed on their schedule as a second night of the 45th anniversary so there might be more going on.

There's also a press conference for the New Japan Cup at 12:00 EDT/5:00 GMT with English language commentary.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Thauros posted:

NJPW Mystery Vortex

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

I Before E posted:

NJPW Mystery Vortex

Super Dragon shows up, breaks 60% of the bones in his body.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

C. Everett Koop posted:

Super Dragon shows up, breaks 60% of the bones in his body.

But not before murdering Yoshitatsu with the mother of all Psycho Drivers.

I've always wondered what would have happened if SD could have gotten over in japan, I understand his time in AJPW didn't go so hot.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Press conference is starting now.

E: Yuji Nagata is replacing Honma

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 7, 2017

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Yes, nagata rules.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Evil attacked Tanahashi after the press conference

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

huh I thought Nagata was already in the tourney but that's a great choice.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

yessssssssss

I'm probably the only EVIL mark on the planet at this point

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves

Chris James 2 posted:

yessssssssss

He's been getting better with every match. Can't believe he's the guy who was such poo poo in ROH.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shibata is wearing a suit without socks. Absolutely disgusting.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
Legit took me a couple of seconds to recognise Shibata with his hair like this.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sounds like they're going to do Juice/Naito soon. I hope so, I like seeing Juice do well.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

Where's Juice, Push Juice

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
Some weird rear end matches so far.

oh poo poo Evil/Bushi v Tanahashi/KUSHIDA

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Full card that was just announced:

Oka, Liger, TenKozy vs. Nakanishi, Finlay, Taguchi, Kawato
Juice, Nagata, Elgin vs. Fale, Yujiro, Roa
Jado, Gedo, Baretta, Goto vs. Taichi, Desperado, Kanemaru, ZSJ
Tiger Mask 4, Makabe, Shibata vs. Taka, DBS Jr, Suzuki
Yano and Ishii vs. Tama and Omega
Kushida and Tanahashi vs. Hiromu and Evil
Rocky, Yoshi-Hashi, Okada vs. Bushi, Sanada, Naito

basically NJ Cup guys facing each other as are challengers. Taichi, Desperado, Kanemaru and ZSJ wouldn't have a Jr on their team against Goto. That puts more faith in ZSJ being a heavyweight/flexible in NJPW right now.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
:lol: ZSjr trying to do his best Sasuke impression with the triple belt.

Sabre looks loving absurd next to Goto.

Ishin fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 7, 2017

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Kevin Jelly said on commentary yesterday that ZSJ would be a Jr in NJPW.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Weird Hiromu didn't come out for that last segment and just got represented by his jacket and title sitting in the corner. I'd say I hope he didn't get hurt, but he looked okay running out of the ringside area after his match.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

An English update on Honma's status and injury, sounds like it's wait and see still for a full recovery.

quote:

Takeshi Misawa, NJPW Trainer

Honma suffered an injury to his spinal column. There was swelling between the third and fourth cervical vertebrae, which led to some paralysis. The following day, he was gradually able to regain some motion in his hands and feet.
Now he is able to move his feet a fair amount, and he can grip objects and bend his elbow. He is making progress day by day.
The biggest worry with an injury between the third and fourth vertebrae is the effect it can have on circulation and respiration. At this point he is out of the most dangerous period of the first couple of days after the injury. As such he was moved from the ICU this afternoon and we hope he will continue to recover from there.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Thrifting Day! posted:

Kevin Jelly said on commentary yesterday that ZSJ would be a Jr in NJPW.

I would take anything Kelly says on commentary with a pinch of salt.

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

Chris James 2 posted:

yessssssssss

Incorrect! I am also a huge fan of his teenage goth phase and poundland tat adornments. EVERYTHING IS EVIL.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

If you don't mark out when he does the whole poundshop laser claws thing in his intro then I don't know whats wrong with you. I would go to a rave with Evil.

An evil rave.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Really, who the hell DOESN'T like EVIL?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Outside out his entrance I don't particularly care about him. :colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

frankenfreak posted:

Outside out his entrance I don't particularly care about him. :colbert:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

not-NJPW bookers, don't read this

---
---
---
---

Push Juice

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Juvi works for NJPW now?! Awesome.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

The Korakuen show was pretty fun for what it was. NEw Japan's B shows blow away WWE recent efforts

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Skinty McEdger posted:

If you don't mark out when he does the whole poundshop laser claws thing in his intro then I don't know whats wrong with you. I would go to a rave with Evil.

An evil rave.

I marked out at the last show when the Evil cosplayer by the entrance also had the light up glove during his entrance.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
Things keep changing daily regarding whether ZSJ is a Junior or or nit. Man you gotta keep following the bouncing ball in order to keep up with what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I've maintained he's a Heavyweight. Re-asked two days ago and yep still a Heavyweight.

• Locked thread