Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

(jump to vote count)

Paris - The four strangers arrive at the pub separately and settle around a small table in the rear. They speak slowly in quiet voices. The bartender is not curious about their conversation and focuses his attention wiping grime from a counter that will never be clean.

They discuss their business for a short time and leave together, stepping into a small black van that appears on the curb. It vanishes into the cold Paris night.

One thousand kilometers to the south, another meeting is taking place at an opulent villa that sits high over the Mediterranean. The mood is celebratory. A man with a pudgy face lifts a glass of champagne and shouts a toast to the others. The buyers have agreed to the terms and the exchange will happen in seven days; the silver case will be sold for a fortune. As the toast concludes, another man makes a jubilant gesture and his champagne flute slips from his hand and shatters on the marble floor. Careless!

Ronin Mafia: A Game for 13 players!

Open Setup

This is a mostly vanilla game, with a distinguishing mechanic: the mysterious silver case. The player who possesses the case will be immune from death!

Case rules:

1. One player possesses the case at any given moment.
2. If the owner of the case is targeted for a kill during the night, they will survive but the killer will take the case.
3. If the owner of the case is voted off during the day, the result will be a NL and the case will be given to a random player who was voting for them (self-votes excluded). The new owner will be notified via PM.
4. The owner of the case may choose to give it to any other player as a night action. If a scum player holds the case they may both give it away and perform the kill (not exclusive actions).
5. If a player gains or loses the case, they will be told about it via PM, but the details of how (stolen, kill-targeted, etc) will not be revealed, nor will the names of other players involved. So if Sam gives Vincent the case, Vincent will receive a PM that simply says “You now have the case”

Setup:

10 town, 3 scum.
1 Town Case Stealer. 1 Town Backup Case Stealer. 8 Vanilla Town
1 Scum Case Stealer. 2 Scum Goons

Case Stealers target a player at night and if that player possesses the case, the stealer will take it for themselves.

The initial owner of the case will be a VT, chosen randomly.

Night Action Resolution:

The actions will be resolved in a specific order:
Give Case, Night Kill, Scum Steal, Town Steal.

This means the case could change hands multiple times during the night.

A Few Other Rules:

Balance tuning for the scum case stealer: The scum case-steal is exclusive with a night kill; that player cannot perform both in the same night. If both the town stealers are dead, the scum stealer becomes a goon.

If a player gains the case through rule #3 (awarded to a random voter), that player will be notified immediately at the end of the day (via PM), and can give the case away that night if they choose.

Flavor will be assigned independently of alignment.

Standard mafia rules apply:

Don’t talk out of thread unless specifically permitted, don’t copy/paste PMs from me, don’t edit your posts, no toxx or stuff against the spirit of the game. Also remember this is a game that we’re playing for fun, so don’t go overboard insulting each other or being dicks. If you don’t have PMs, make sure to mention how you’d like to be contacted in your signup.

• Days will be 72 hours
• Nights will be 24 hours (or shorter if all actions are resolved). I like really short nights to keep the game moving, so if you're around at deadline, please make a decision after the flip and send it in right away. Conditional Submissions submitted ahead of time are OK (if X happens, I want to do Y, otherwise Z).
• Deadlines will usually be at 11PM EST.
• The town wins when all threats have been eliminated. The scum win when they have killed everyone else, or can inevitably do so through control of the vote and night actions.
• Lurkers that make less than 5 posts per game day may be warned, replaced, or modkilled at my discretion.
• Don't post after hammers.

If you have any questions, PM me.

Slamburger fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 6, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Players:
  1. bowmore
  2. Dick Bastardly
  3. Hal Incandenza
  4. Jedit
  5. JimsonTheBetrayer
  6. Kashuno
  7. Max postmodifier
  8. Podima
  9. Propaganda Machine
  10. redneck nazgul windshipper
  11. Retro Futurist
  12. SLASHER HAWKE
  13. Somberbrero

End of Day 1 Dick Bastardly, Vasily, Vanilla Town was killed
Night 1: Hal Incandenza, Sam, Vanilla Town was killed
End of Day 2 No Lynch, PMachine, Jean-Pierre, Scum Goon and bowmore, Natacha, Town Backup Case Stealer were modkilled
Night 3: redneck nazgul, Ludovic, Vanilla Town was killed
End of Day 3: Somberbrero, Mikhi, Scum Goon was killed
Night 3: Podima, Vincent, Town Case Stealer was killed
End of Day 4: Retro Futurist, Larry, Vanilla Town was killed
Night 4: SLASHER HAWKE, Spence, Vanilla Town was killed

Slamburger fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 23, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm in.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want to be unkillable Sean Bean

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
this sounds fun AS HECK

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This looks like fun. I'll throw my hat in.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds good

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
This sounds really good and cool, but also like something that would not do well with me needing to be gone for a day or so and then come back to and poo poo post my thoughts for a day or so, and then not be here for awhile...:(

Edit I don't mean like just up and disappear into the void. And as you know, I actually contribute a lot when I do...

windshipper fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 6, 2017

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Yeah I'll gently caress this up.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

windshipper posted:

This sounds really good and cool, but also like something that would not do well with me needing to be gone for a day or so and then come back to and poo poo post my thoughts for a day or so, and then not be here for awhile...:(

Edit I don't mean like just up and disappear into the void. And as you know, I actually contribute a lot when I do...

Give it your best shot

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Ok I'm in

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Put me in slambro

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
I will not watch this movie but I will play your game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
in it to actually post

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Kashuno posted:

in it to actually post

bullshit

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
MMT told me to join this shitfest. Blame her.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

:hellyeah:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

:munch: he promised me he wouldn't be terrible, don't let me down jimson! :munch:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Murmur Twin posted:

:munch: he promised me he wouldn't be terrible, don't let me down jimson! :munch:

I promised id post
:goonsay:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I promised id post
:goonsay:

:getin:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Jimson, you are my favorite scums bro, i hope we can be the scums together again.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Just need two more players and we can get started

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Jimson posted:

Dick Bastardly, you are my favorite scums bro, i hope we can be the scums together again.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
will this be my inaugural return?

windshipper is here, so I say

#hey

(put me in coach, I'm ready to play)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You have my blade.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll be a replacement if you need one.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Great, game is full. I plan to send out PMs this evening, at the most 24 hrs from now.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Hypesquid

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
just FYI y'all it's PAX this weekend.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Kashuno posted:

just FYI y'all it's PAX this weekend.

Oh hey cool I don't know what that has to do with this game but cool.

What I do know has to do with this game is that I work a 24 tomorrow, so will have limited access. I teach until 5pm on Saturday, but then have to get ready for another 24 on Sunday. :toot: I'll do my best to keep up during that time, but yeah. I don't work until Wednesday after that.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I wouldn't worry about kash it's not like he's going to bother submitting a night action anyway

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

I wouldn't worry about kash it's not like he's going to bother submitting a night action anyway

dw I'm actually back with a vengeance after PAX

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

The first deadline will be Monday at 11pm eastern. The following days will be 72 hrs. I hope to have the roles out tonight

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

The black van pulls into a nondescript warehouse in the Batignolles-Monceau district. The occupants climb out and gather around a table. They drink coffee from metal cups and smoke cigarettes.

An Irish woman enters from a back room and introduces herself as Deirdre. She pins several black and white photos to a cork board and outlines their mission:

“This is what we’re after. We need to take it intact from several men who will be intent on preventing us.”

They discuss the rough details and form a plan. Terms of their payment are established. The mercenaries glance at each other warily, sizing each other up. Surely not all of these men are trustworthy. It’s important to learn early with whom you can trust your life.

Day 1 Begins Now!

Roles were assigned randomly and are being delivered now in alphabetical order.
Here is a sample VT PM:

Slamburger posted:

Fruit Vendor, Vanilla Town
Origin: France

Another beautiful day on the French riviera! You wake up early and position your fruit cart in a prime location in Nice’s market square. You carefully polish each piece of fruit with a handkerchief, and arrange the pieces in symmetrical geometric shapes. Oh no, there is a bruised apple! You take it from the cart and throw it to a hungry dog that looks on from an alley. She scampers away with her prize, tail high in the air. This is going to be a great day, you just know it.

As a member of the town, you win when all scum have been eliminated. You have no special powers, but at some point you may end up with the silver case.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

i have the case

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

##vote Jedit gotta go fast

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

I haven't got my role pm so I'm making my own role: Cyberdork

I get owned by people on the internet

basically my life but it's a good life

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Confirming "P" has been reached alphabetically!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I have my role PM and I am READY TO RUMBLE

• Locked thread