Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!
No such thing as overkill for the Deathwatch. By the way, is a 10 AM start better again for this Sunday, or do we want to move back to 9?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

No such thing as overkill for the Deathwatch. By the way, is a 10 AM start better again for this Sunday, or do we want to move back to 9?

Either works.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

quote:

Kraken rounds 15
Stalker rounds 5
Cryo grenade 18
Camo cloak 20
Demolition charge 10
Red-dot sight 5

We can meet earlier this time.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 24, 2017

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Flee from th' terrifyin' evil of "NHS"!

Going to be a big downer and point out that Kraken rounds got errata'd to 15 cost, unless Eponymous isn't using that. But you're short on the 75 total available, and don't need a harness (they're for scouts afaik).

Moonwolf fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Feb 24, 2017

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Moonwolf posted:

20 Cameleoline Cloak
5 Stummer
15 Mag Metal Storm Rounds (Bolter)
15 Mag Kraken Rounds (Bolter)
10 Soundstrike Missile Launcher
10 2x Astartes Cluster Mines

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Going to be a big downer and point out that Kraken rounds got errata'd to 15 cost, unless Eponymous isn't using that. But you're short on the 75 total available, and don't need a harness (they're for scouts afaik).

You are right on Kraken and wrong on Harness. Harness is for Space Marines who want to go down walls and stuff. You're probably mixing it up with Webbing, which is indeed for Scout armor fans.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
So we're all good for 9am/5pm?

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

JcDent posted:

You are right on Kraken and wrong on Harness. Harness is for Space Marines who want to go down walls and stuff. You're probably mixing it up with Webbing, which is indeed for Scout armor fans.

I was, two things with similar names, although not as bad as the two types of melta-bomb (core equipment, Rites grenades).

susan posted:

So we're all good for 9am/5pm?

I am. What's the Discord channel or whatever? I've not used it before.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Time is fine for me. That's going to be 1900 local for me.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Eponymous posted:

Either works for me since I'm on CST.

pre:
30 - Kraken Rounds (15 base, +15 for backpack)
20 - Camo-Cloak
12 - Auspex
7  - Assault Shotgun
5  - Stummer
1 -  Astartes Krak Grenade
re: heavy weapons, whoever wants 'em, go nuts, glad someone grabbed a missile launcher. I'm sticking with Heavy bolter + Kraken rounds for now.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Maybe I just want to be happy, huh?! Maybe I want my life to not be a trainwreck for five GOD DAMN minutes?!

Moonwolf posted:

What's the Discord channel or whatever? I've not used it before.

We generally use the "NERDY VOICE RPIN'" room in #acolyte. I think this is the invite link? And it sounds like we'll meet at 9.

Eponymous fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Feb 25, 2017

susan
Jan 14, 2013
See everyone in... 9 hours, 28 minutes!

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Roll20 room is still this way!

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Sorry about dropping the whole "Hey, these weapon stats are wack" errata doc, I'd just assumed we were using it already until damage rolls came out.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Sorry about dropping the whole "Hey, these weapon stats are wack" errata doc, I'd just assumed we were using it already until damage rolls came out.

No worries, it's actually a really convenient document for cutting/pasting/referencing purposes :) . And hey, I think average damages went up on the ones I use, so awesome :) .

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I think bolters go down slightly, and plasma comes up noticeably, and most stuff flattens out as they realised that a billion d10s was dumb and really vulnerable to spikes. It mostly means that stormbolters aren't the best Basic weapon bar none. They're good, but they used to beat almost everything in the game.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Moonwolf posted:

It was nice to have, I'd referenced it before but I'm using a character excel doc that says it's using all the errata but on closer inspection it's only using about 2/3rds of it. In the gear list it shows the correct Assault Shotgun stats as 1d10+10 with 4 pen but once you've selected it the actual equipment page it shows the old stats :psyduck:

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I got healed back to full and I eventually stabbed a dude with a reugular knife. poo poo's great.

Just like pancakes..

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Do we get XP between missions or between sessions?

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Rockopolis posted:

Do we get XP between missions or between sessions?

Hmm, let's say you all get another 500. I'm probably bumping everybody to Respected after this session, if only to give you guys some flexibility requisition-wise, so have some XP.

Also I just scored pretty good on my GRE, so between me celebrating, you guys ranking up, and a couple recommendations to up the difficulty, this Sunday we're going to have some :siren:FIREWORKS:siren:. See y'all at 9 PST! Unless somebody wants to move it!

susan
Jan 14, 2013

Eponymous posted:

Hmm, let's say you all get another 500. I'm probably bumping everybody to Respected after this session, if only to give you guys some flexibility requisition-wise, so have some XP.

Also I just scored pretty good on my GRE, so between me celebrating, you guys ranking up, and a couple recommendations to up the difficulty, this Sunday we're going to have some :siren:FIREWORKS:siren:. See y'all at 9 PST! Unless somebody wants to move it!

Imma duct tape my melts bombs and Krak grenades together and shove it down the biggest Xenos throat out there.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

I'll hold mine so I can grab Tech Use for 600 after Sunday.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Congrats on the GRE! I'll Smite some Xenos for you!

Long-Range Telepathy is too tempting to pass up, so Bastion has figured out how to communicate while screaming at the top of his lungs.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Oh crap it's daylight savings tomorrow morning. Uh, for those of us in the US, I guess we're gaming at 10? This might take a minute to figure out.

susan
Jan 14, 2013
If my math's right, the game tomorrow should start 10am PDT/5pm GMT?

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

The UK at least will be on Summertime this Sunday, are we going for 9am PDT/5pm BST?

Edit: Also for XP spend, just Tech Use for 600 for me.

Moonwolf fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Mar 20, 2017

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

Going to save up for one of the rad 1000 point Psychic Powers.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Moonwolf posted:

The UK at least will be on Summertime this Sunday, are we going for 9am PDT/5pm BST?

Sounds good! Time has made fools of us for too long.

I should have the next basic mission briefing up soon, so you guys can have a while to pick your gear. This next mission is going to be a bit... involved.

Eponymous
Feb 4, 2008

Soon is a relative term when warp travel is involved!

+++++

Members of Kill-Team Sigma,

I believe you have already been notified of your deployment to Berad. The Deathwatch has most generously responded to Lord General Rega's request for aid, and your squad is one of four being deployed to strategic points in the conflict zone. Specifically, your theater of operations is to be the Bolivar plateau.

Your primary objective is within the ork-occupied Mechanicus Research Facility #615-8908-Marius. On the surface, and if asked for specifics by any local forces, this is due to the transmissions array that has been converted to a jamming device of surprising efficacy. This, however, is only a coincidence. Known only to you, the Watch-Commander, and I, your true mission is one of rescue.

Magos Taro has managed to conceal himself in a vault deep within the complex. He apparently has sufficient oxygen scrubbers and nutrient paste to sustain his organic components for a considerable length of time, and the orks are unaware of the vault's existence, so he will likely remain hidden until they strip the facility to its foundations. What necessitates his rescue is his apparent possession of an Inquisitorial data archive.

He claims, through brief messages sent by clever artifice, to have been operating under an old Inquisitorial mandate, and that his breach of silence is only due to the necessity of preserving the information past the current crisis. I have ran the identification codes, and found them to be valid but belonging to an Inquisitor of antiquity, marked dead over a millennia ago. There is an interesting tale to be told here, and I will have this Magos tell it in great detail once you have brought him to me.

Unfortunately facility Marius has become a gathering point for ork forces on the plateau, and I would not expect a single squad of even Deathwatch Astartes to assault it alone. I suggest coordination with local forces, either the Guard that has been deployed to the plateau, or the defence forces of Sub-Hive Bolivar. The situation is difficult of ascertain due to the jamming and other circumstances, but orbital scans do indicate continued resistance to the ork occupation.

Reinforcement will be difficult due to the current ork air supremacy, so be prepared to operate behind enemy lines for a lengthy period. You have been assigned a Rhino for transport, and there may be the opportunity for resupply via drop pod. I look forward to your debriefing upon success.

Always faithful,
Inquisitor Lexington

+++++

100 requisition each! Yeah baby! As stated above this is probably going to be what you get for a few adventures, and you do have a Rhino to lug stuff around in, so it totally makes sense to buy some different weapons/loadouts and you just swap to what you need when you're in the transport.

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Are we able to get chapter relics if we meet the renown requirements as a Requisition purchase? There's no actual indication either way for their quite short section in the core book.

Also, if we all take a camo tarp for 5 we can probably cover the Rhino for if we want to hole up at any point.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I think most of the Relics require you to be at least Distinguished or Famed.

I don't have much to buy - if noone else needs my points, I'll take this moment to pick up some cybernetics. I'm thinking about picking up an Exceptional Auger Array and an Exceptional MIU, maybe an Exceptional Bionic Heart so that I can Sprint.
Any of the Imperial Assets look good? Not sending any dudes into the TOP SECRET INQUISITION COMPLEX to steal our glory, but might want to set aside some Requisition for Close Air Support (20 points per flight of 1d5+1 Thunderbolts) to chase off those pesky Fighta-Bombas.

So far,
22.5 Exceptional Augur Array
22.5 Exceptional MIU
22.5 Exceptional Bionic Heart
67.5/100

It's out of character, but I'm going to have to skip the Pain Glove for this mission. I guess Bastion will just have to content himself with headbutting the training servitors on the way over.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

Rockopolis posted:

I'll take this moment to pick up some cybernetics.

Iron Hands Approved ™

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Eponymous posted:

I suggest coordination with local forces, either the Guard that has been deployed to the plateau, or the defence forces of Sub-Hive Bolivar.

GETTING A VOX CASTER BRB

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Current loadout for Brother Blender:

Astartes Power Axe - 1d10+8, E, 7 Pen, Power Field/Unbalanced
Astartes Power Sword - 1d10+6, E, 6 Pen, Power Field/Balanced
Astartes Storm Bolter - Basic 100m S/4/– 1d10+9 X 4 Pen, 60 Clip, 2 Full, Storm/Tearing
Melta Bomb - Placed Explosive, 5m, S/–/–, 5d10+7, E, Blast (5)
Cameleoline Tarpoline x2
Stummer
Siege Auspex

100/100 Requisition

Everyone's thoughts?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm thinking of getting a Storm Bolter as Signature wargear. Does it get the shot selector just like Astartes bolters?

Vox Caster 10
Magnoculars 5

Metal Storm Rounds Free
Kraken Rounds 5

Camo Tarpaulin 5
Red-dot Sight 10

Frag Grenades 1 (since frag is Requisitioned only when it's EXCESSIVE, how much is excessive?)

Now help me decide between Balefire gun (toxic flame), Mk IX (accurate, felling 1, toxic sniper rifle) and breaching augur (for drilling through complex walls and orks).

What else can I request?

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

JcDent posted:

I'm thinking of getting a Storm Bolter as Signature wargear. Does it get the shot selector just like Astartes bolters?

Vox Caster 10
Magnoculars 5

Metal Storm Rounds Free
Kraken Rounds 5

Camo Tarpaulin 5
Red-dot Sight 10

Frag Grenades 1 (since frag is Requisitioned only when it's EXCESSIVE, how much is excessive?)

Now help me decide between Balefire gun (toxic flame), Mk IX (accurate, felling 1, toxic sniper rifle) and breaching augur (for drilling through complex walls and orks).

What else can I request?

Kraken rounds are 15 :(. Red dot sights are single shot only, but we can get a 20 point thing that does the same for bursts instead that I can't remember the name of because I'm at work.

Shot selector is an upgrade, you have to buy it, so it'd be there for when you took sig-wargear(master) and took it to 40 points I guess.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Moonwolf posted:

Kraken rounds are 15 :(. Red dot sights are single shot only, but we can get a 20 point thing that does the same for bursts instead that I can't remember the name of because I'm at work.

Shot selector is an upgrade, you have to buy it, so it'd be there for when you took sig-wargear(master) and took it to 40 points I guess.

Well, excuse me for doing this RAIing or something, but the text for bolter claims that all DW bolters and bolters of those who BYOB to DW install fire selectors. So I was wondering if that applies to Combi and Stormbolters.

Kraken are free for me, since I'm a Tactical and I can get 1 mag (60 rounds? in this case) up to 25 Req for free .

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

It's the Motion Tracker that works for rapid fire.
Camo-Cloaks and Jump Packs are always handy.

Do we want to request some SWEET COMBAT BIKES so Brother Blender can be an outrider for us?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Vox Caster 10
Magnoculars 5

Metal Storm Rounds Free
Kraken Rounds 5

Camo Tarpaulin 5
Motion Tracker 20

Still have 55 left. So what gun could I get?

And can we get a Razorback instead of a Rhino? Preferably with double assault cannons to brrrrt the flyers away?

EDIT: WE CAN GET A RAZORBACK!

Of course, FFG.pdf: they don't list the cargo capacity and the weapon description implies that it has both twin-linked Lascannons and Heavy bolters.

JcDent fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Mar 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moonwolf
Jun 29, 2004

Get a stormbolter, they benefit from your bolter drill if you're out of squad mode, and they benefit twice as hard from the motion tracker, and make the magazines 60 rounds rather than 28. Kraken rounds got erratad up to 15 cost, same as metal storm, they're still drat good though.

I'm going all medium range this time:
Combi tool - 15
Camo Tarp - 5
Stalker Boltgun - 15
Red Dot Sight - 10
Stalker rounds x 2 - 10
Cartograph - 5
Storm Bolter - 20
Motion Predictor - 20

• Locked thread