Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

slap me and kiss me posted:

2.1 might be the worst patch this game has ever had. How do you mess up functionality that's been in the game since literally launch day?

Don't underestimate us.

Party Plane Jones posted:

The whole mumble group cuck name fascination is hilarious

Real talk, phallic humor is the apex of comedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Win 30 rounds as the S.A.S.? This poo poo is getting grindy.

lol are you even looking at the rewards to the totally optional challenges before complaining?

smoke is one of my favorite operators and the sas in general are all good if not fun. most active players will be completing this challenge through natural playing

Thief fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 8, 2017

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
How are the weekly quests still broken? Can't they just restart the server or something?

I've been idling in Terrorist Hunt for the better part of the last 12 hours and i've got 15k renown out of it so far. Should i use it to buy Buck or Frost to do the weekly once they fix it?

CJ fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Mar 8, 2017

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://streamable.com/8r43h

Horse blinders, I say.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

CJ posted:

How are the weekly quests still broken? Can't they just restart the server or something?

I've been idling in Terrorist Hunt for the better part of the last 12 hours and i've got 15k renown out of it so far. Should i use it to buy Buck or Frost to do the weekly once they fix it?

Progress for the weekly is still being tracked on Ubisoft's end. It will eventually update.

Also both Frost and Buck are good.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Mans posted:

Support has to know that you've done what they asked. You know how many dumbasses just blaze through instructions without doing them?

This. I'd love to sympathize and potentially offer help, but Berzerker, I'd really like to see your original ticket, since often the issue description/performed troubleshooting will be poorly documented, and/or lied about, as Mans said. (Not saying that's the case for you, but their support team has to check - they can't just take people at their word, when end users go around saying they've implemented the 'fix' properly but are still having isssues. :v:)
Just saying this from an IT support technician's perspective myself, is all - I'm not trying to have a go or anything, I just want to help make their mindset/process clearer to people.

The Berzerker posted:

Also my PSN has the word DADDY in it and last night I played terrorist hunt with a man who kept calling me DADDY but kept getting increasingly uncomfortable about it, A+

But holy poo poo that's hilarious, hahaha :D

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

You can always do challenges on the Uplay club website if in game is loving up

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

CJ posted:

Wait, how do you get renown out of that? Don't you get 0 unless you get a certain threshold of kills?

I imagine you're getting assloads of the ever-vital XP though.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Koramei posted:

Wait, how do you get renown out of that? Don't you get 0 unless you get a certain threshold of kills?

I imagine you're getting assloads of the ever-vital XP though.

I let my pubbies kill them.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Oh I didn't even think about doing it out of solo queue. You don't get kicked for that?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/8tz5d

edit:

full context: https://streamable.com/uxv6r

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Mar 8, 2017

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

magnificent

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

I love how narrow people's awareness gets sometimes.
https://streamable.com/2788z

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Are challenges still hosed for everyone and is it just me or was the mute jammer making a noise wherever on the map you are bug not fixed?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

lohli posted:

Are challenges still hosed for everyone and is it just me or was the mute jammer making a noise wherever on the map you are bug not fixed?

Mute jammers are definitely insanely loud for no reason still.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Also today I learned that your challenges can get stuck, I had phantom challenge rewards from last week that hadn't been redeemed properly, they weren't showing up via the overlay but they did show up via the site.

Whenever I tried to add challenges after the first two it would error out until I collected on the old ones.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

lohli posted:

Also today I learned that your challenges can get stuck, I had phantom challenge rewards from last week that hadn't been redeemed properly, they weren't showing up via the overlay but they did show up via the site.

Whenever I tried to add challenges after the first two it would error out until I collected on the old ones.

Aw jeez, is this what happens everytime the challenge screen errors out and won't add a challenge?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

CJ posted:

I let my pubbies kill them.

lol man.

I'd get you probated if i actually gave a poo poo but i'm going to check why it hasn't been fixed instead.

ninja edit: i guess i couldn't even if i wanted since i don't have your username (don't give it to me)

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Aw jeez, is this what happens everytime the challenge screen errors out and won't add a challenge?

Yes, go to the club ubisoft thing(quick way from the launcher is to click the little drop down bit with your name on it then click the bigger avatar portrait), click the Siege boxart, then Actions and Challenges and it all works 100% totally fine except for tracking the actual stats which does not seem to be happening still and has me paranoid about whether or not I'm going to get my super cool charm.

Fix your game, Hard.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

God drat the ubisoft club website is slow as gently caress

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Ghost Recon just came out yesterday so it might be getting a lot of traffic.

Or it's just Ubisoft. Fix your club, Hard!

Medlar
Mar 14, 2013

Bashar al-Asuh Dude
Hard I was playing Star Wars Battlefront and I died a lot FIX YOUR GAME

srsly though, the challenge bug is pissing me off and now I'm not going to buy an IQ Chibi figurine thing this summer

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

IronDoge posted:

I love how narrow people's awareness gets sometimes.
https://streamable.com/2788z

Outplayed.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Issue has been acknowledged by Epi on reddit so they are working on it it seems.

I'm not talking officially but i wouldn't be surprised if they extend it / give it for free or something. Like they did for the France charm when '' Le 14 Juillet''' 's event took place.

Not that both events are on the same scale but more of the fact that challenges were off during an R6 event.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Hard posted:

Issue has been acknowledged by Epi on reddit so they are working on it it seems.

I'm not talking officially but i wouldn't be surprised if they extend it / give it for free or something. Like they did for the France charm when '' Le 14 Juillet''' 's event took place.

Not that both events are on the same scale but more of the fact that challenges were off during an R6 event.

I hope for free. I've got a march break vacation lined up and not much time left to earn this thing.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

slap me and kiss me posted:

I hope for free. I've got a march break vacation lined up and not much time left to earn this thing.

Sadly I have the same problem, have one day to do it and that is not going to happen.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
welp.

Edit: The team has determined the source of the error. We are excited to announce that your progress since Tuesday has been saved. We are in the process of manually updating everyone's progress now. This is a lengthy process, and should be completed within the next 12 hours. After your progress has been updated, your Challenges will continue to update in real time.

As previously noted, we are aware that the Weekly Challenges are not properly tracking your progress. We do not have an ETA for a resolution at this time. In light of this, we have made the decision to remove all Weekly Challenges this week.
The Commonwealth Day Challenge, as well as a new set of Weekly Challenges, will make a return at another date in the near future. In addition to returning the Commonwealth Day Challenge to the list of available challenges in the future, we will be doubling the Renown rewards for all challenges that week. In the event that we are not able to double the Renown of the Commonwealth Day Challenge itself, we will include an additional Challenge that will provide the appropriate amount of Renown.
Thank you for your patience.

e: VV doubt it, challenges were hosed last week too.

Hard fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 9, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Hard posted:

welp.

Edit: The team has determined the source of the error. We are excited to announce that your progress since Tuesday has been saved. We are in the process of manually updating everyone's progress now. This is a lengthy process, and should be completed within the next 12 hours. After your progress has been updated, your Challenges will continue to update in real time.

As previously noted, we are aware that the Weekly Challenges are not properly tracking your progress. We do not have an ETA for a resolution at this time. In light of this, we have made the decision to remove all Weekly Challenges this week.
The Commonwealth Day Challenge, as well as a new set of Weekly Challenges, will make a return at another date in the near future. In addition to returning the Commonwealth Day Challenge to the list of available challenges in the future, we will be doubling the Renown rewards for all challenges that week. In the event that we are not able to double the Renown of the Commonwealth Day Challenge itself, we will include an additional Challenge that will provide the appropriate amount of Renown.

Was it cause of windlands? Its ok you can tell us.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

welp.

e: VV doubt it, challenges were hosed last week too.

M-M-M-MANUALLY?

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Fair enough. Can you guys also manually fix the terrible netcode? I am so sick of shield guys being useless because on my screen I am facing an enemy but on the kill cam they are knifing me in the back.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

They'll need to fix Blitz' shield randomly not working again first. And then make him good

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/Nc62S8W.gifv

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/d1my8

Did they ever fix that positioning bug with which direction you were facing? Cause I've especially noticed it when jumping through windows the animations won't track correctly.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...

Knifegrab posted:

Fair enough. Can you guys also manually fix the terrible netcode? I am so sick of shield guys being useless because on my screen I am facing an enemy but on the kill cam they are knifing me in the back.

I agree btw that this kinda thing is super frustrating, but the sad thing is it's also super hard to fix. While I suspect they can make some changes (given resources/time), fundamentally the state of your game and your opponent's game is going to be out of sync by ~100±50ms. So if their knifestrike happened at a given spot/angle and there's data fromy our side saying 'no it was blocked' then they just see the reverse of the current problem - something they swung at that wasn't blocked now is blocked. Network latency is such a brutal thing in some gametypes, especially fighting games.

That said, I do hate how (Somehow no guns are subsonic?!) you never hear the bullets that shoot/kill you, until the replay.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They'll need to fix Blitz' shield randomly not working again first. And then make him good

Yesterday I played with a guy who said he recognized my name and asked if I was the Blitz main he played against. I said yes and he said I was so annoying to fight.

I have never been prouder than that moment in all my time playing Siege.

e: buff Blitz

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 9, 2017

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

I get killed all the time as blitz, and sometimes I think "Oh it must be one of those netcode kills where I am not facing the right way in time". Nope! Somehow bullets just magically go through his shield sometimes.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
blitz might be the weakest op right now but i guess that's part of the charm because he's fun as heck and has the best shield skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edr1hgmp6s0

:frogsiren:

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Hard, where is Ubi's bottleneck? Is it a capacity issue or an application issue that makes your online poo poo grind to a halt every time you launch a game? If it's capacity why don't you offload that poo poo to a third party that can handle the load like a sane company?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Hard, where is Ubi's bottleneck? Is it a capacity issue or an application issue that makes your online poo poo grind to a halt every time you launch a game? If it's capacity why don't you offload that poo poo to a third party that can handle the load like a sane company?

Ubisoft uses Microsoft Azure for their server hosting unless they changed it (back when you could DOS people out of the game since their IPs were broadcast publicly they found out the server IPs that way)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
On Thursday, March 9th, we will be performing scheduled maintenance on all servers.
PS4: 9:00am-9:59am EST
XB1: 10:00am-10:59am EST
PC: 11:00am-11:59am EST
Maintenance Notes:
Address ranked penalties missing when user quits a ranked game and does not reconnect to it.
Address the low points awarded when opponent losing team drops the game in the end of round replay
Fixed issue where no victory or loss is registered when surrendering team quits before final kill cam in a ranked match
Fixed issue where no rank is obtained when a team surrenders in a ranked match
Fixed issue where winning team is not awarded any skill rating or a win if an entire team leaves on the first round

Thank gently caress

esports ready

• Locked thread