Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The trick is to know that medical debt has different collections rules and doesn't hurt your credit as bad. I have like $4k and i don't think anyone is even trying to collect it, whereas I'm current on my student loans and those motherfuckers still call me every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
No new book yet.. but they have announced some reprints and 4 new novels...

http://grrm.livejournal.com/525227.html

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Oh look he's also selling a 2018 ASOIAF calendar, so you can plan out your 2018 wildcards release parties!

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

kcroy posted:

No new book yet.. but they have announced some reprints and 4 new novels...

http://grrm.livejournal.com/525227.html

WTF is this fanblog about Wildcards and football doing in the ASoIaF thread, self promotion is probatable on this forum man. Reported.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I couldn't fall asleep last night and I was trying to think of characters that died of natural causes. I could only come up with two. Hoster Tully had cancer and Maester Aemon was old as gently caress and had pneumonia.

cocoavalley
Dec 28, 2010

Well son, a funny thing about regret is that it's better to regret something you have done than to regret something you haven't done

deoju posted:

I couldn't fall asleep last night and I was trying to think of characters that died of natural causes. I could only come up with two. Hoster Tully had cancer and Maester Aemon was old as gently caress and had pneumonia.

Joanna Lannister died in childbirth, which is kind of natural, I guess.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Gravity killed Lysa, and that's only natural.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

cocoavalley posted:

Joanna Lannister died in childbirth, which is kind of natural, I guess.

Oh, yeah. Then I suppose we could also count (spoiler from season 6) Lyanna too.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
whatshisface the kingsguard who fled dragonstone with viserys and dan died of sick of some kind and was maybe not poisoned by the merman plot

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Does disease count? Tyrion and Jorah's master crapped to death.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
What was his name? I don't remember him.

I wouldn't count the white mare or grey scale. But another sickness that's not from poison seems fair.

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 9, 2017

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
What's his name with Tuberculosis died of it. The master of coin.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Gyles Rosby. I forgot about him.

violent sex idiot posted:

whatshisface the kingsguard who fled dragonstone with viserys and dan died of sick of some kind and was maybe not poisoned by the merman plot

Willem Darry.
I don't remember him, but the wiki at westeros.org says he slowly wasted away. I'd call that a a yes. Unless it comes out Illyrio or someone else poisoned him.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 9, 2017

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

deoju posted:

What was his name? I don't remember him.

I wouldn't count the white mare or grey scale. But another sickness that's not from poison seems fair.

the yellow whale or wahtever. big fat guy with all the mutant slaves who wiped his rear end for him

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

violent sex idiot posted:

the yellow whale or wahtever. big fat guy with all the mutant slaves who wiped his rear end for him

Oh, right. I thought when you said master that was autocorrected from maester and was confused. I thought the pale mare got him?

cailleask
May 6, 2007

We finally have a release date!!! And it's this year!!!

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

cailleask posted:

The great thing about these jokes is that I fall for them every time. The anticipation when clicking the link and the immediate realization before the page even loads that it will never be.

I'm not even disappointed anymore.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cailleask posted:

Well this is the only release that "a dream of spring" or whatever is going to get so it's not even really a trick!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
On the TV, storylines get proper climaxes and new chapters come out at least every two years! HBO, HBO, oh, oh, oh.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I'm not even disappointed anymore.

After ADWD I sincerely don't care anymore. I'd read the next book, but I fully expect it to be loving garbage so whatever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
On the TV, Brienne has a plot, Snow rides again and Arya is heading back to Westeros, friend!. HBO, HBO, oh, oh, ohhhh

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Realtalk, is anyone here even interested in reading the next book, much less buying it?

I'm sure all the plebs and lowbies and normies etc will, but truefans, probably not?

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I want to, but more in the vein of watching a car accident or your lecherous ex-wife go through her sixth lovely boyfriend. Even better if she now has herpes.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

SaviourX posted:

Realtalk, is anyone here even interested in reading the next book, much less buying it?

I'm sure all the plebs and lowbies and normies etc will, but truefans, probably not?

I mostly just want it for curiosity's sake to see how he would do things differently in his fanfic. It sounds like he will be passive aggressive about the show killing off characters going by his interviews. There was one where he was smugly claiming that he come up with some great twist that the show can't do because the characters are dead. That could be hilarious.

Even if every bit of it is completely lovely, I still want to see the new "Fat Pink Mast" and "Her oval office became the world" quotes. Any truefan has to want those. Hell yeah, I want it.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

SaviourX posted:

Yeah because the show has gotten pretty bad and the yellow whale can at least write halfway decently.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

deoju posted:

Actually he was given that cancer from Euron Crow's Eye, psychically, through the moon. It's like you didn't even pay attention.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I will buy the book on day 0 and marathon read it.

I mean, I won't because it is never getting written but hypothetically. etc.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

emanresu tnuocca posted:

I will buy the book on day 0 and marathon read it.

I mean, I won't because it is never getting written but hypothetically. etc.

pretty sure most of us would do the same thing, given the chance. I am confident it will come out, actually. I'll bet he holds onto it past the last moment, so it will come out just after the final season airs. If he didn't suck, he would have it out this November for holiday shoppers. If I were his publisher, I would rubber hose his rear end until he gives permission to print whatever the gently caress is done at that point.

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

It hit me yesterday that book-Jon is still dead and book Stannis is still alive. (I'm not doing the whole list, it's more effort than GRRM deigns providing to his own series at this point).

Regarding the next book I will read it if it comes out some day but I have decided to not give a single penny for it. :filez:

kcroy posted:

I would rubber hose his rear end until he gives permission to print whatever the gently caress is done at that point.

Last time his publisher did this A Dance with Dragons happened.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

It hit me yesterday that book-Jon is still dead and book Stannis is still alive. (I'm not doing the whole list, it's more effort than GRRM deigns providing to his own series at this point).

Regarding the next book I will read it if it comes out some day but I have decided to not give a single penny for it. :filez:

Last time his publisher did this A Dance with Dragons happened.

A dance with dragons was ok. Grrm should publish the rest of the books in some sort of periodical, at least he'll get to writing.

Like, a chapter in each Tits&Dragons Quarterly is still more than we get now

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

pidan posted:

A dance with dragons was ok.

To be honest I didn't hate ADWD until I reached the end. (except for everything Tyrion)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
ADWD + AFFC are 3/4 of the longest and most poorly edited fantasy novel ever written. There are some great moments in there but it's a flawed and unfinished work.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

ADWD + AFFC are 3/4 of the longest and most poorly edited fantasy novel ever written. There are some great moments in there but it's a flawed and unfinished work.

Reminder that we are in year 17 of that book not fully coming out.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

ok like i understand hyperbole but there is no loving way grrms wet fart of a book could be either the worst edited or longest fantasy novel come on. there is no limit to the amount of worthless garbage someone other than gurm could have written

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
ADWD alone is like 150% as long as the entire LOTR trilogy, AFFC is about as long and both are in fact two parts of the same novel which misses at least 150 pages from the end to be called finished, that's roughly 2800 pages. There are probably some longer fantasy novels out there but not many.

And as for poorly edited, It's subjective but the very fact that this single novel had to be released in two parts just because no one could reign in on the gurm or the fact that he uses the phrase 'words are wind' roughly 60 times in the same novel kinda speaks for itself.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
And we will never find out where whores go.

EDIT: At least until we ask your mother. Heyooo.

Disgusting Coward fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 10, 2017

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If not taken literally, that's a very apt description of AFFC and ADWD.

Each are 37.5% of a book and it took him more than a decade to deliver them. And they're both bad.

What

the

fuuuuuuuck

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
they arent bad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Disgusting Coward posted:

And we will never find out where whores go.

EDIT: At least until we ask your mother. Heyooo.

Maybe the TV show will tell us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

scary ghost dog posted:

they arent bad

I mean, as they are, they're bad. Could the 250 or so pages that might have made them a complete book pull them out of that death spiral, maybe? Who knows. We never will.