Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yo, armor does it one way, crunchies do it another. It's not that difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

TBeats posted:

VC is vehicle commander. Vehicle commander is the person in the passenger seat who is usually the highest rank in the vehicle.

There's no way PV2 dipshit is going to be a vehicle commander.

WELL YOU SEE IN FINLAND the VC of an APC or IFV can be a private easily while officers ride in the back, and why not?

I'm not being facetious, so if an infantry squad boards hops into their APC, their highest ranking member can't just overtake the command, or what? Shouldn't the VC/TC be someone who is tied to the vehicle all the time? What good is a VC bouncing around in the mud if the vehicle has to move?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Okay, so with armor branch, the highest ranking in the VEHICLE CREW is the TC/VC. He is responsible for the vehicle. If someone, say the batt commander jumps in the back, he's gonna give generalized orders if he likes, but the execution of those orders, or the ability to tell him no fuckin' way, goes to the TC/VC. If you're in a Bradley, you're a scout so you've got dismounts to do dismount work.

If you're in a tank say, your TC and loader will get out, to leave you with a gunner and driver in the tank. That way, if your dismount crew dies raiding a house you can immediately lay waste to the entire environment. Or if enemy troops or light vehicles are inbound, you can still engage effectively with your TC/VC on the ground. Even without a loader you can still fire off 120mm, you're gunner is gonna be going like a one legged man in an rear end kicking contest though.

I think I covered everything there.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
A qualified crew for strykers is actually just driver and gunner.

Regardless of whether you're cav, infantry, artillery or whatever the VC is the ranking soldier on that Stryker, doesn't matter if you dismount or not.

Manning is pretty lovely, we're really under strength. We're supposed to be 36 scouts but I only have 21 I can take to the field.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

A Bad Poster posted:

Mustang, we should meet up for drinks sometime when you get back. I'd love to get your side of that inevitable cluster gently caress compared to my sides.

I'm down to do that, I get back in April.... and leave 2 weeks later for a week and a half long stint back in Yakima.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm laughing pretty hard at the last page of posts. You guys actually give enough of a poo poo to argue over this.

gently caress the army my lazy vet rear end is out

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Yes please start posting TMs ad verbatim

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'm laughing pretty hard at the last page of posts. You guys actually give enough of a poo poo to argue over this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

seriously this is bullshit

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I am MTOE'd Katy Perry and Gwen Stefani for my dick but am often forced to make do with less

Obstacle2
Dec 21, 2004
feels good man

Mustang posted:

A qualified crew for strykers is actually just driver and gunner.

Regardless of whether you're cav, infantry, artillery or whatever the VC is the ranking soldier on that Stryker, doesn't matter if you dismount or not.

I'm dumb as hell for arguing this but you are totally wrong and should take a look at a FM.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
If you have a venture capitalist in your Stryker do they become the VC?

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

mlmp08 posted:

Depends on the sick burn rate.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Zeris posted:

I am MTOE'd Katy Perry and Gwen Stefani for my dick but am often forced to make do with less

I think we can all relate to that.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

What if he used to be in the Viet Cong? Is he then the ex-VC VC VC?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I think we can all agree Grand Theft Auto: Vehicle Commander was among the best in the series.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Ashlee Simpson won the low bid so you get her.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ashlee Simpson won the low bid so you get her.

I'd gently caress Roseanne simply because she's famous.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
On other news, remember when I whined in this thread about wanting to go to Italy as my AB option and you guys told me I'm poo poo out of luck but I might as well email my branch manager?

Well today she respnded, months later. She decided to help me, and my ERB projects Caserma Ederle 173rd in there.
I loving nearly died, as did my wife. So thanks for the advice, sometimes the Army does you a nice.

The board was today, so I'll know later about that flight medic stuff results, but now I can go to Italy to do summadat grunt poo poo while my wife cruises with the Mustang along the mediterranean.

:feelsgood:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Vahakyla posted:

On other news, remember when I whined in this thread about wanting to go to Italy as my AB option and you guys told me I'm poo poo out of luck but I might as well email my branch manager?

Well today she respnded, months later. She decided to help me, and my ERB projects Caserma Ederle 173rd in there.
I loving nearly died, as did my wife. So thanks for the advice, sometimes the Army does you a nice.

The board was today, so I'll know later about that flight medic stuff results, but now I can go to Italy to do summadat grunt poo poo while my wife cruises with the Mustang along the mediterranean.

Good luck, I guess?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vahakyla posted:

summadat grunt poo poo

lmfao

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

Lmao get hosed the 173d is only slightly less gay than the 82d. Grunt poo poo is stupid and so are you if you do it.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
4/25 is the only not terrible non-SOF airborne unit, but that's only because it's small and people forget they exist.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Also lmao if you get stuck on Ederle instead of Del Din. I hope you enjoy lovely old barracks with fucktard roommates

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pesticide20 posted:

I hope you enjoy lovely old barracks with fucktard roommates

hosed up thing to say about his wife :v:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

mlmp08 posted:

hosed up thing to say about his wife :v:

He'll be a geo-bachelor for a while. That was my experience with every married guy that was stationed at Ederle.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
If you've got something you want to say to me then go get your first line. This is my training room, bitches. :colbert:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Naked Bear posted:

If you've got something you want to say to me then go get your first line. This is my training room, bitches. :colbert:

This is the type of attitude that would convince me to give the company bathroom and upper decker the day I ETS.

Enjoy guarding the bathroom in full kit shitbags.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Naked Bear posted:

Another universal constant: S1 and other support shops revolting when told at least one person should be on duty during lunch because it turns out that's when people have time to come fix their records or get help or turn poo poo in.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

1) Italy measures gas in liters.
2) Italy uses the Euro.
3) If you get flight medic out of this board, you should get dumped into that training right out of AIT.
4) Grunt poo poo™: Reorganize connexes, paint curb, mow grass, swab drip dick, rod-and-washer drills, uniform inspections, gear layouts, PMCS eternally broken stuff. If you don't now, you will come to hate your rucksack.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress, where the hell are they? They'd be gone for two hours at least, and then they'd keep the door locked and the lights off when they got back. Assholes, seriously. You know there's something going on when you're still trying to get a dude's BAH turned on nearly a year after he got married.

Anywhere else in the world, if your job was to help people fix their problems and you weren't, you'd be gone on a heartbeat.

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 9, 2017

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
An exciting career in mowing the lawn

Actually no, medic hell is probably different than combat arms hell. I'm sure someone can explain in detail what it is

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
And maybe getting a good old fashioned raping.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Woof Blitzer posted:

An exciting career in mowing the lawn

Actually no, medic hell is probably different than combat arms hell. I'm sure someone can explain in detail what it is

inventory

so much inventory

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Pee pee checking and heat casualties

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If we ever fought a war that had VX used in large amounts or any other sort of nerve agent it would be a loving shitshow, soldiers are grade-a morons and can't tie their shoes half the time let alone ensure their MOPP gear was 100% sealed/not think "it'll be okay if I unzip and jerk off but only for a little bit"

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Justin Tyme posted:

If we ever fought a war that had VX used in large amounts or any other sort of nerve agent it would be a loving shitshow, soldiers are grade-a morons and can't tie their shoes half the time let alone ensure their MOPP gear was 100% sealed/not think "it'll be okay if I unzip and jerk off but only for a little bit"

Oh poor old Snuffy, thought of titties and died.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Jarhead accurately captured what would really happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h09GiPN-Nss