Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
are we still playing game of popes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i am the ad orientem candidate; also i believe gay marriage is western ideological colonialism

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

What your flavor is?

Executioner looking for a specific role?!

I am Faham. I was born to dig.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
If being the Pope is haram, then I don't want to be haright.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Executioner looking for a specific role?!

I am Faham. I was born to dig.

Nothing about this indicates a lynchbomb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

Nothing about this indicates a lynchbomb.

Because I didn't give my full flavor. Like are you being serious here man? Like surely even you got more flavor than 2 sentences, so like your post is useless as a call out? Pointing out the obvious in an attempt to throw shade?

##unvote
##vote Dick Bastardly

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
"Hi, my name is explody, and my fav method of mining is dynamite"

AT LEAST PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

AA's posting in the beginning of the game was very self aware and seemed off. When I voted him, he "jokingly" voted me and responded immediately. I think he is a ne'er-do-well who is AFRAID of getting CAUGHT.

Can you point to the posts that you feel this way about? I did a quick once over of their post history and didn't see much that stuck out to me (except for them not liking Lucille Bluth which should be punishable by death imo)

Well, I mean, the split personality back-to-back post was weird but I wouldn't qualify that as self aware

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

Can you point to the posts that you feel this way about? I did a quick once over of their post history and didn't see much that stuck out to me (except for them not liking Lucille Bluth which should be punishable by death imo)

Well, I mean, the split personality back-to-back post was weird but I wouldn't qualify that as self aware

Is joke phase over? Is it time to truth sleuth?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Based on the current pool of posts upon which a case could be made in all seriousness, what is your honest take? I find it somewhat difficult to take your current vote seriously.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

Based on the current pool of posts upon which a case could be made in all seriousness, what is your honest take? I find it somewhat difficult to take your current vote seriously.

lol look at this tryhard.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'm not sure! But Keane said a thing I'm curious about. If he comes back with a joke I guess that'll answer your question.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

However:

My point on you is the same as the point leveraged against Max, you seem to take something innocuous and/or intentionally silly as serious and that's often a scum tactic to fake participation when there really isn't anything to manipulate in earnest.

The earliest scum plays are obfuscating joke phase remarks sooo, my vote against you is my first serious vote.

Joke phase over, you've summoned the robot.

Let us Mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asking for your flavor is a pretty tame request if you repeatedly claim a role. Freaking out at someone who finds your sparse response lacking is p bad.

##unvote
##vote AA

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

If being the Pope is haram, then I don't want to be haright.

a female pope would be haewe

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I agree that AA's reaction seems a bit overstated. I also to think it's a bit humorous that the idea of taking this game too seriously (at this point) is a scummy thing to do especially when the proponent of such a sentiment called for an end to joke phase to begin with.

Using big words and TRYING HARD HERE GUYS. don't worry, I am riding the train to hammeredville and will make less coherent posts soon I promise.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

EccoRaven posted:

a female pope would be haewe

I'd vote you to be Pope if us regular flock could vote for such a thing.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Someone make a tier list to help me figure out who the scums are.

Or quote this post to find out your alignment.

lol look at this scumbo calling me, a confirmed town doctor, a scum and not even voting.

##unvote
##vote CCKeane

you're welcome.

The first two pinged me a bit as trying too hard to be A BIG GOOFBALL (second and related posts especially) and the third as a reaction to my calling him scum strengthened this. I don't think it's a normal reaction, and while I invented the "claim to be confirmed when you are not for giggles" maneuver, the additional vote is a bit of a whacky move. I don't LIKE IT I TELLS YA.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

After unvoting here:

##unvote

You're going to let this psychopath stay down here with us, accusing me, confirmed town cop, of being scum? Ridiculous.

He keeps it up here:

BK or Keane, imho

This is a pretty aggressive reaction and seems geared toward trying to keep my name out there as a candidate as much as possible.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also hello friends, the die I roll every mafia game came up "actually play seriously and find scum" this time instead of "make fun of everybody and tell fart jokes" fear me.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
FUUUUUUCK I'm afeard now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

FUUUUUUCK I'm afeard now

Why?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I never know what to do this early in a game. It's always a sequence of jokes and then the hidden countdown timer goes off and someone jumps on a jokepost for being scummy and then someone just on *that* person for being scum, and I think I might be really bad at Mafia that doesn't throw out a million data points like Soldiers does, guys.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

##vote max

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Lord of Hats posted:

I never know what to do this early in a game. It's always a sequence of jokes and then the hidden countdown timer goes off and someone jumps on a jokepost for being scummy and then someone just on *that* person for being scum, and I think I might be really bad at Mafia that doesn't throw out a million data points like Soldiers does, guys.

I usually enjoy jokepost phase since jokes are cool and good. When I'm looking to advance out of it, I make a few gut calls and see what develops from there, once a case, even tenuous, exists, it becomes much easier to get reads off of reactions to it, and it can build from there.

That's pretty much what I did, except AA is actually scum so vOv.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
No, I am actually a lunch bomb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Make someone you think is SCUM hammer me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Town vig

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What's your role name?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Are you claiming vig or execution bomb here?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
No, I'm a lunch bomb. Town can use me as a vig.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

No, I'm a lunch bomb. Town can use me as a vig.

Alright, so what's your role name?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

*whispers*
You know why

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

drat fine question. There is absolutely no reason not to answer this if you're already willing to claim anyway.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Blaster lunchingbomb

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Blaster lunchingbomb

What's the flavor for your kills?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also wait, ecco used Lunching in the role name?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Blaster lunchingbomb

I'd actually be willing to buy this if it was just left as "Blaster", seeing as how my role flavor ID just "Miner" not "Miner McMiningtown"

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

What's the flavor for your kills?

I don't have kills or kill flavor lol. I just explode on hammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't have kills or kill flavor lol. I just explode on hammer

Right, so how does this explosion happen?

• Locked thread