Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Right, so how does this explosion happen?

H
ahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

What's so funny, you see a mirror?

What's the flavor for the explosion?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

What's so funny, you see a mirror?

What's the flavor for the explosion?

If I saw a mirror, I'd weep from how divine the adonis staring back at me appeared. Also I think that's enough for now lol

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I don't know, you claimed the relevant part, and you dodged most of my questions, and I don't believe "Blaster lunchbomb" is your role name so continuing down this track seems pretty relevant.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Blaster is my flavor name. A lynch bomb is what it is. On phone. Ain't nobody eating lunch.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
That seems more likely. Thank you for clarifying.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##unvote
##vote CCKeane

CCKeane posted:

I usually enjoy jokepost phase since jokes are cool and good. When I'm looking to advance out of it, I make a few gut calls and see what develops from there, once a case, even tenuous, exists, it becomes much easier to get reads off of reactions to it, and it can build from there.

That's pretty much what I did, except AA is actually scum so vOv.

Right now, I think Keane trying to effort-case AA looks scummier than AA's posting. If I were scum and I knew AA was town, I think that AA would be the easiest person to case to try and drive a mislynch and it feels to me that's what Keane is doing.

CCKeane posted:

The first two pinged me a bit as trying too hard to be A BIG GOOFBALL (second and related posts especially) and the third as a reaction to my calling him scum strengthened this. I don't think it's a normal reaction, and while I invented the "claim to be confirmed when you are not for giggles" maneuver, the additional vote is a bit of a whacky move. I don't LIKE IT I TELLS YA.

This strikes me as TRYING TOO HARD TO LOOK TOWNIE and I don't buy it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Blaster is my flavor name. A lynch bomb is what it is. On phone. Ain't nobody eating lunch.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'd actually be willing to buy this if it was just left as "Blaster", seeing as how my role flavor ID just "Miner" not "Miner McMiningtown"

Hmmm

So is this:

Blaster lunchingbomb

Your role name or flavor name or is it flavor name then role name?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane is that a serious question because DONT PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS MAN

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm less interested in applying pressure to you then I am in getting answers to my questions, because I'm still confused.

So AA:

What is your role name as it appears on your PM?

What is your flavor name?

What is the flavor by which you derive your powers?

Obviously, if you need to tell me to gently caress off, tell me to gently caress off, but since you've already claimed the most important bit of your role, this seems like pretty minor stuff.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

##unvote
##vote CCKeane

Right now, I think Keane trying to effort-case AA looks scummier than AA's posting. If I were scum and I knew AA was town, I think that AA would be the easiest person to case to try and drive a mislynch and it feels to me that's what Keane is doing.

This strikes me as TRYING TOO HARD TO LOOK TOWNIE and I don't buy it.

Are you saying this because AA is the scummiest person in the thread right now? I don't understand the reasoning behind your first point.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Keane, your questions feel slightly too absurd to be genuine imo.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

There I go again TAKING THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. Just Lynch me and get it over with already.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

I noticed a discrepancy between what AA is claiming and information I know. I want to clear this up.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

CCKeane posted:

I noticed a discrepancy between what AA is claiming and information I know. I want to clear this up.

Forums poster CCKeane is this your scum meta at work?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Are you saying this because AA is the scummiest person in the thread right now? I don't understand the reasoning behind your first point.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're trying to say that scum AA claimed lynchbomb at the start of D1, and you think that because he can't fill in certain details on his claim, that makes him suspicious. What I'm saying is that (a) I don't think that's scum behavior, I think AA would simply not claim anything and not draw suspicion on himself, and (b) if I were scum looking to make a fake case on D1, "AA is lying about being lynchbomb" would be the easiest mislynch to push, and I would do it by asking a bunch of pointed questions to make it look like he's scum caught in a lie.

To build on that - AA's posting seems this game looks pretty relaxed, whereas Keane's case feels suspicious to me because he seems too sure of his read for D1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like you're trying to say that scum AA claimed lynchbomb at the start of D1, and you think that because he can't fill in certain details on his claim, that makes him suspicious. What I'm saying is that (a) I don't think that's scum behavior, I think AA would simply not claim anything and not draw suspicion on himself, and (b) if I were scum looking to make a fake case on D1, "AA is lying about being lynchbomb" would be the easiest mislynch to push, and I would do it by asking a bunch of pointed questions to make it look like he's scum caught in a lie.

To build on that - AA's posting seems this game looks pretty relaxed, whereas Keane's case feels suspicious to me because he seems too sure of his read for D1.

I was initially pinged because of AA's posting, but the caginess around his claim is cementing my thoughts.

I will also point out here that AA isn't giving straight answers and is changing details. I've organized a pretty clear three question post that AA can answer and then I'll be satisfied if it jives with what I know.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

I'm less interested in applying pressure to you then I am in getting answers to my questions, because I'm still confused.

So AA:

What is your role name as it appears on your PM?

What is your flavor name?

What is the flavor by which you derive your powers?

Obviously, if you need to tell me to gently caress off, tell me to gently caress off, but since you've already claimed the most important bit of your role, this seems like pretty minor stuff.

It's that you need the minors is what concerns me. I've given you the pay dirt and you're asking for change? Why?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's that you need the minors is what concerns me. I've given you the pay dirt and you're asking for change? Why?

I'll know if you're lying in the minors.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Lynchbomb is a super great claim for scum.

What's the town motivation for claiming it D1?

There isn't one.

Also there's no interesting flavor associated with it.

That aside, Keane could be scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

I was initially pinged because of AA's posting, but the caginess around his claim is cementing my thoughts.

I will also point out here that AA isn't giving straight answers and is changing details. I've organized a pretty clear three question post that AA can answer and then I'll be satisfied if it jives with what I know.

I'm a blaster.

I'm a lunchbomb.

I'm a kobold or w.e. these lizardkin are, miner birthed to mine.

Live or die, I mine.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There isn't one.

I'm not, "Keane only serious posts as scum" is a false meta read on me that's been propagating.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay, so here's what's standing out to me the most:

I don't know ecco to use "lunch".

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

She didn't

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Or he or w.e. ecco didn't

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So what was used?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

CCKeane posted:

I'm not, "Keane only serious posts as scum" is a false meta read on me that's been propagating.

Um... you're the first person to point this out so far so..... paranoid much?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

So what was used?

It's what you think it is and this mod meta to interpret my claim is hokey fwiw

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
aa are you a lynchbomb or not

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Blaster lunchingbomb

CCKeane posted:

Keane, this is a stretch bro.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's what you think it is and this mod meta to interpret my claim is hokey fwiw

Lynchbomb?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, this is a stretch bro.

You think I'm scum, come at me instead of telling me why I'm being scummy.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

So what was used?

Executioner looking for a specific role?!

I am Faham. I was born to dig.

I find it suspicious that Keane can't fill in the blanks that Ecco used "lynchbomb" and AA chose to change "lynch" to "lunch" (as many players around here do) and is instead trying to spin it as some sort of "gotcha!". Like even if AA was scum lying about lynchbomb, is the implication that it would be too hard for him to make up some sort of flavor for it?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I find it suspicious that Keane can't fill in the blanks that Ecco used "lynchbomb" and AA chose to change "lynch" to "lunch" (as many players around here do) and is instead trying to spin it as some sort of "gotcha!". Like even if AA was scum lying about lynchbomb, is the implication that it would be too hard for him to make up some sort of flavor for it?

Can everybody who isn't AA chill for a bit on this until I'm done?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I don't really believe AA so much, but I also don't believe Keane as being genuine either. Those are my dunken takes so far. ANYONE ELSE WANT WEIGH IN? FISK? CHAOS? RARITY EVEN?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Lol my phone did it. I don't care. I am a lynch bomb, let it be known.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

:carrot:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

Can everybody who isn't AA chill for a bit on this until I'm done?

I'm heading out for the night, so sure.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

There isn't one.

Here it is, the worst post in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Lol my phone did it. I don't care. I am a lynch bomb, let it be known.

Alright so.

Ecco was the first person to raise the problematic implications of the word lynch in mafia games, and generally uses execution or hanging.

I find claims of a execution bomb here pretty suspicious, because the change of terminology here is pretty different from what Ecco usually uses. This strikes me as very unusual, and I am very suspicious of it as a result.

My vote on AA will remain, I'm confident in my vote.

• Locked thread