Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Well ok, other than me who is SCUM? Make them hammer me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

:Mafia Dad Post: Having played a bomb before, claiming bomb was the wrong move if you really are one.

Can you elaborate? Because I disagree but your logic is probably sound, knowing you.

CCKeane posted:

I'm rereading but you were wrong here and a further reading of AA shows him explicitly saying Lynch before.

He switched to lunch halfway through and claimed that his phone autocorrected, (which seems possible) and then later corrected again to plain "bomb" as his role name.

How do you feel about AAs role going through three name changes before he settles on one?

I also posted this:

And it stood uncorrected, with AA mentioning a more elaborate role name until I made explicit case on it.

This is a bad post and I get a real tunneling vibe from it.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

In defense of my life for an actual better use of it, consider the following:

- Would I, as scum, draw this much attention to myself unnecessarily day one? Remove me from the equation, would it be a good play by anyone?
- What would I have to gain by lying about this claim? Imagine it as town, scum and 3P?
- Offering my ability up voluntarily to not only clear myself in act of martyrdom, but also destroy a target the town collective deemed as scummy, should stand as town motive for my play and justifications.

WIFOM
WIFOM
WIFOM

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Pinterest Mom posted:

Like, bomb makes it more likely that scum is going to not NK you, both because they know they can look elsewhere for power roles and because you always present the possibility of two townies dying in one day if suspicion does ever fall on you and they play the day right. Claiming bomb is worse than not claiming bomb until you have to, because if you happen to be NKed before claiming, then you've helped town dodge a bullet.

Okay yeah that makes sense

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Assume that I am SCUM. Vote me...

BUT establish a player whom you also think is SCUM and make them take the hammer vote. I'd recommend BK, Max, DB or Tobbs.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll put myself up for tribute to hammer you if that's where it's going today.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Of course, we could have a kindly vigilante solve this problem for us.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

CCKeane posted:

Of course, we could have a kindly vigilante solve this problem for us.

it's not a problem, I mean you get proof of me being town, and you can use my ability as a contribution instead of negative. It's still a gamble, but at least this way, town collectively has some say in how it all goes down.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm having trouble getting over how FF2 Keane is this game.

Does anyone have an example of him not-shitposting and being town?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Come at me, then.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

"Keane only plays seriously when he's scum" is wrong, super frustrating, and dumb as poo poo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm waiting, Tobbs, because meta cases are pretty nonsense, and I have plenty of posts here for you to review.

So I'm scum or I'm not and I'm waiting for your call.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I think AA is not scum and I want to vote someone pushing him so Keane, BK, or Max or alternatively JFisk who is definitely scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

BK or Max moreso than Keane, I think.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not feeling BK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Same.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If we aren't voting me, I think BK is a good place for a vote.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
:shrug:

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I'm actually OK with BK now too that I skimmed the last few pages and I'm kinda neutral on Max too. So I guess my initial post was garbage except the vote for the TremTa idea.

##unvote ##vote TremTa

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

What's the thinking for Taste?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

it's not a problem, I mean you get proof of me being town, and you can use my ability as a contribution instead of negative. It's still a gamble, but at least this way, town collectively has some say in how it all goes down.

I don't really follow this line of thinking. With you out in the open like this, the best case scenario is... a scum refuses to drop the hammer and everyone decides to switch to them? That feels less likely to me than just winding up with multiple dead town.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

He's always scum and no one ever votes him leaving the realm meta and grudges FROM MY RECOLLECTION (not post analysis from phone ) he's posted just once dismissively about jokephase another idea I'd like to float is that this is the famed Tobbs scum game

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
##vote AA

I really need to get better about actually dropping my vote when I've got convictions.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

got some chores tonight posted:

He's always scum and no one ever votes him leaving the realm meta and grudges FROM MY RECOLLECTION (not post analysis from phone ) he's posted just once dismissively about jokephase another idea I'd like to float is that this is the famed Tobbs scum game

That's pretty much what he always does no matter what, but I'm sure he'll come in and call you an idiot for voting him just the same.

Something about Grandi gnawing at me.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The Lord of Hats posted:

##vote AA

I really need to get better about actually dropping my vote when I've got convictions.

Keane did this earlier. You are a bad player. Bad player. Keane at least had some real reasoning.

##unvote
##vote The Lord of Hats

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

That's pretty much what he always does no matter what, but I'm sure he'll come in and call you an idiot for voting him just the same.

Something about Grandi gnawing at me.

Yeah that's kinda the calculus I'm working on

If TremTa is scum he's going to call me a retard for the rest of the game
If TremTa is town, he's probably going to do the same thing

So mise vote 4 him

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

I'm protecting my ego

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I want to vote Tobbs because of this post, it really really doesn't sit well with me. He's, like, weirdly setting himself up on both sides of the argument and giving himself options to go either way.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lynchbomb is a super great claim for scum.

What's the town motivation for claiming it D1?

There isn't one.

Also there's no interesting flavor associated with it.

That aside, Keane could be scum.

##vote tobbs

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote AA

Some mod meta, I know in times past Ecco has not provided fake claims. Rather, it has been "Give me some information and I will write you a fake role PM." Reading over AA's posts, it feels exactly like that to me. The way AA just dodges, giving little scrap answers, and then finally goes "Ok so here is stuff about my role" seems like that's what happened to me.

Even throwing away the mod meta bit, role claiming and then refusing to answer some imo straightforward questions about the role doesn't strike me as pro-town. The argument AA is making is that "Telling everyone I am a lynchbomb is pro town, but I am not going to talk about the rest of my role PM." It's reasonable that people are going to have questions about a claim, especially one that is kind of out of left field on D1. It's not reasonable to laugh those away if you are already willing to tell folks your role.

Plus I have a hard time believing "lunchingbomb" was a phone autocorrect (my phone wants to take lynchingbomb into lynching bomb). I'll admit that is probably coloring my view some.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CCKeane posted:

I'd like to see CLs follow up here.

My follow up:

Joke phase is over, it is time to true sleuth

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

To build on that - AA's posting seems this game looks pretty relaxed, whereas Keane's case feels suspicious to me because he seems too sure of his read for D1.

MMT its statements like this that always make me think you are scum. Someone seems too sure of their read on D1? The last game we were in literally had a scum get caught from D1 reads! And what's wrong with people being confident?

But, that said, I checked and you resisted that push for similar reasons so this is consistent.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That aside, Keane could be scum.

Tobbs why Keane? I see this post

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Is that the whole basis of it or is there more?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

chaoslord posted:

My follow up:

Joke phase is over, it is time to true sleuth

Then truth sleuth harder, but who is SCUM other than me?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

Tobbs why Keane? I see this post

Is that the whole basis of it or is there more?

That's basically all of it. As I said in FF2, Keane's scum meta and mine are basically identical. He is my scum spirit animal.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Pinterest Mom posted:

I want to vote Tobbs because of this post, it really really doesn't sit well with me. He's, like, weirdly setting himself up on both sides of the argument and giving himself options to go either way.

##vote tobbs

I think AA has been playing a really really bad game and saying only things that are wrong, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I should just give in and admit that I am a meta monster.

I'm not feeling Max for scum this game. That fishiness that surrounds him is absent.

This is so painfully obviously chores' town game that I wouldn't vote him even if he claimed Cop, got counterclaimed, and we lynched the counterclaimer who claimed cop.

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

In defense of my life for an actual better use of it, consider the following:

- Would I, as scum, draw this much attention to myself unnecessarily day one? Remove me from the equation, would it be a good play by anyone?
- What would I have to gain by lying about this claim? Imagine it as town, scum and 3P?
- Offering my ability up voluntarily to not only clear myself in act of martyrdom, but also destroy a target the town collective deemed as scummy, should stand as town motive for my play and justifications.

Make someone you think is SCUM hammer me.

No, I'm a lunch bomb. Town can use me as a vig.

I don't like this. Town using your bomb as a "weapon" against a scummy target a la dayvig is a pretty ridiculous concept if you really think about it. The only player in this game that I think is dumb enough to test it is me. Try to convince a scum to hammer you? What incentive would they have? Would a scum risk it when a no-lynch -> NK works just as well and without potentially losing a scumbro? I think not.

I'm pretty sure the only logic here from your perspective AA is that it would be foolish for town to push a lynch on you given the risk involved, it doesn't actually help anyone like your "democratic dayvig" idea suggests.

Now the real question is why would you position yourself in a manner to avoid being lynched so early?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think AA has been playing a really really bad game and saying only things that are wrong, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I should just give in and admit that I am a meta monster.

I'm not feeling Max for scum this game. That fishiness that surrounds him is absent.

This is so painfully obviously chores' town game that I wouldn't vote him even if he claimed Cop, got counterclaimed, and we lynched the counterclaimer who then flipped cop.

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Going to that length to back up chores is odd imo. Why not just say "this is so town chores, trust me" or something to that effect instead of saying "I'd still not vote chores, even if he claimed cop, was counterclaimed, we lynched the counter claimer and they flipped cop", like.... that senario doesn't paint you or chores in a town light :confused:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Fairly certain this is town Tobbs.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Then truth sleuth harder, but who is SCUM other than me?

If I were going to vote someone not you, Dick B would be my choice. Here is a sequence of posts I don't get.

Keane asks for your role name.

Dick Bastardly posted:

drat fine question. There is absolutely no reason not to answer this if you're already willing to claim anyway.
Keane then asks for clarification on whether "Blaster lunchingbomb" is role then flavor or flavor then role :siren:based on a comment DB made:siren:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane is that a serious question because DONT PLAY WITH MY EMOTIONS MAN
Keane asks for role name, flavor name, and what your flavor power is.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Keane, your questions feel slightly too absurd to be genuine imo.

So... wait. Asking you for your role name was "drat fine". Then, DB pointed out something weird about what you said, so Keane asked for a clarification. Somehow, Keane asking for that clarification caught DB off guard. And then Keane trying to clarify what you were saying (including just repeating that "drat fine" question) is too absurd? How does it go from a great question to an absurd one? I think DB caught his contradiction because he tries to play it off jokingly in a post two minutes later, quoting himself and saying

Dick Bastardly posted:

There I go again TAKING THINGS TOO SERIOUSLY. Just Lynch me and get it over with already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

chaoslord posted:

If I were going to vote someone not you, Dick B would be my choice. Here is a sequence of posts I don't get.

Keane asks for your role name.

Keane then asks for clarification on whether "Blaster lunchingbomb" is role then flavor or flavor then role :siren:based on a comment DB made:siren:

Keane asks for role name, flavor name, and what your flavor power is.

So... wait. Asking you for your role name was "drat fine". Then, DB pointed out something weird about what you said, so Keane asked for a clarification. Somehow, Keane asking for that clarification caught DB off guard. And then Keane trying to clarify what you were saying (including just repeating that "drat fine" question) is too absurd? How does it go from a great question to an absurd one? I think DB caught his contradiction because he tries to play it off jokingly in a post two minutes later, quoting himself and saying

This is a good catch, and I like it quite a bit.

• Locked thread