Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

triplexpac posted:

I can't believe they put an owl in their commercial

Impact taking important lessons from Fight Milk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

triplexpac posted:

I can't believe they didn't have more of the owl in their commercial. In fact, it should've been all owl.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Push that owl to the moon

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
So what title does the owl win first?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

triplexpac posted:

I can't believe they put an owl in their commercial

The owl is more over than the wrestling, so they are just giving the fans what they want. I think putting on a bird wildlife show would be a massive draw, and is a good way to differentiate themselves from other wrestling shows.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Tokamak posted:

I think putting on a bird wildlife show would be a massive draw, and is a good way to differentiate themselves from other wrestling shows.

NitroImpact Parties gonna be off the hook

Ghidzilla
May 12, 2009
Is the owl the 2017 answer to the Black Scorpion?

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
Does Joseph Park practice bird law?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
you're loving crazy if you don't think an Owl On A Pole Match is in TNA's imminent future

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

you're loving crazy if you don't think an Owl On A Pole Match is in TNA's imminent future

If the owl flies away before someone can get to it is the match a DQ or do they have to chase it around the arena

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahahaaaaaaaah

*takes deep breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA etc.pp.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

I miss Dixie. She would have made ominous tweets about a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT three weeks ago, then forget about it and then it'd be that guy, whoever he is.

Who is that guy, by the way?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

Who is that guy, by the way?

bruce pritchard

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Throwing around "legend" awful freely.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DJExile posted:

bruce pritchard

The name does ring a bell, I'm just going to assume he did something terrible because why else would he be in TNA?

whiteyfats posted:

Throwing around "legend" awful freely.

"Old person who has worked in the wrestling industry for very long" has always been their definition of Legend.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Grendels Dad posted:

The name does ring a bell, I'm just going to assume he did something terrible because why else would he be in TNA?

He was Brother Love, Undertaker's first manager. Largely he's been a backstage writer/agent guy though.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grendels Dad posted:

Pritchard was Brother Love in WWF and a backstage agent for a long while

He went to TNA and took over Terry Taylor's old role as head of Creative and Talent and iirc got canned for Bob Ryder

he's now using TNA to promote his podcast mainly because he managed to tap into a bunch of people who feel like "gently caress Dave Meltzer"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

There's a blistering shoot interview in that owl's future when she's lowballed on a contract and bolts for ROH.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/411mania/status/839858390243373059

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

There's a blistering shoot interview in that owl's future when she's lowballed on a contract and bolts for ROH.
if that owl is female then she's the most respectfully treated and well-booked woman on the roster

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012
I hope THQ makes a game about the owl. It would be the best wrestling game ever.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

In The Bushes posted:

I hope THQ makes a game about the owl. It would be the best wrestling game ever.

Wikipedia: THQ 1989-2013

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Owls are merciless predators that will not hesitate to gash you up and extract your still warm insides out for a snack while it waits for the local deer population to age up enough it can pick those off.

oh and they're immortal.

So I'm saying TNA is going to kill us all and feast on the corpse of the world.

In The Bushes
Mar 4, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wikipedia: THQ 1989-2013

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

I think you'll find a dead game developer making a game about a dead wrestling promotion is what makes Anthem Impact: Owl Adventures such an amazing game.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What exactly happened to THQ? Did they go all in on some game that flopped huge or some poo poo, or just a multiple string of failures?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

whiteyfats posted:

What exactly happened to THQ? Did they go all in on some game that flopped huge or some poo poo, or just a multiple string of failures?

Years of financial struggles, stock value drop, and debt, then Homefront flopped, Red Faction Armageddon flopped, and uDraw was a disaster they invested too much in. Too much failures to overcome, and even if the flops didn't happen enough damage was done it would have caught up to them eventually.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chris James 2 posted:

Years of financial struggles, stock value drop, and debt, then Homefront flopped, Red Faction Armageddon flopped, and uDraw was a disaster they invested too much in. Too much failures to overcome, and even if the flops didn't happen enough damage was done it would have caught up to them eventually.

Probably says something that I've never heard of Homefront, Red Faction Armageddon or uDraw.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
When THQ finally closed down, most of their IPs were bought by a company called Nordic, who went and renamed themselves THQ Nordic. No idea if they've actually made any new games since then, just a lot of HD rereleases.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Just as I was finished with laughing at them calling Bruce Pritchard a legend. Did Barnett even have his title match before leaving?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whiteyfats posted:

Probably says something that I've never heard of Homefront, Red Faction Armageddon or uDraw.

Homefront went out with 0 hype, and was loving upsetting to play.
Red Faction Armageddon decided you didn't really need destroyable structures(like all good Red Faction games) and no one cared to buy it.
I don't even know what a udraw is other than they put a lot of money into it and my local gamestop was throwing them in the dumpster.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/839933052960800769

They're really going all in on this, huh?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

frankenfreak posted:

Just as I was finished with laughing at them calling Bruce Pritchard a legend. Did Barnett even have his title match before leaving?

he didn't leave, he was brought in once and isn't being brought back

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/imwiththoughts/status/839942531592900608

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I would watch a show where Bobby Lashley ran out to the ring to introduce wildlife films for an hour.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

whiteyfats posted:

Probably says something that I've never heard of Homefront

It was a Call of Duty clone about North Korea successfully invading America. When the game flopped the rights ended up in the hands of Koch Media who put out a reboot that was somehow far dumber than the original.

Wikipedia posted:

Homefront: The Revolution is not a continuation of the original Homefront, but rather a re-imaging of the premise. The story takes place in an alternate history setting in which the digital revolution of the 1970s took place in North Korea's "Silicon River" (Ryesong River in our timeline) rather than the "Silicon Valley" of Northern California. In 1977, North Korea's communist government falls out of favor after a series of devastating floods and Kim Il-sung resigns from office and replaced with a more moderate Premier, Lee Dong-won. As a result, the now capitalist nation of North Korea has become the most powerful and influential nation on Earth, controlled by the APEX Corporation and led by a Steve Jobs-like figure named Joe Tae-Se. The United States, meanwhile, after years of multiple conflicts in the Middle East, is suffering from massive war debt from purchasing weapons technology from APEX and is in severe economic conditions. In 2025, the United States' economy collapses, forcing the USA to default on their debt to North Korea. Joe Tae-Se's son, APEX CEO and North Korean Premier John Tae-Se, (with the approval of the international community) uses this as a pretext to invade and occupy the country, using a backdoor installed in all APEX technology to shut down the United States military. Although initially presented as an international humanitarian effort to restore stability to the United States after the economic collapse, the Koreans proceed to strip mine the country for its natural resources to repay the debt, and proceed to brutalize the populace in response to a national resistance movement against the occupation. The game takes place in Philadelphia in 2029, four years into the occupation. The new Philadelphia is a heavily policed and oppressed environment, with civilians living in fear as the Korean People's Army patrol multiple districts in the city, aided by American collaborators led by Mayor Simpson.[16]

Someone send this to TNA because I think we might have a revolutionary new angle on our hands.

your friend sk
Dec 10, 2005

(ヤイケス!)

who is it

e: missed like 20 replies

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the thumbnail looks like garry shandling RIP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003