Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The way Keane kept on with the questioning is what made me feel uncomfortable about his genuineness in asking. The first question was simple and to the point which I thought was a good question and was thinking that AA would probably not have a good answer to, it validated my suspicion of AA in my mind at that point. But then Keane kept going on with it in a manner that seemed less logical than it had started out, and I felt like serious Keane throwing "joke" questions around was a sort of affront to what I thought we shared in our suspicion of AA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
The last joke post about me taking things too seriously was a jab at AA's dumb idea that I am trying too hard and it's a bad thing.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

The last joke post about me taking things too seriously was a jab at AA's dumb idea that I am trying too hard and it's a bad thing.

Well, how about you let everyone else get me to next to hammer
then you hammer me.

Go out with a bang.
You.
and.
Me.

Let's go buddy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

AA's posting in the beginning of the game was very self aware and seemed off. When I voted him, he "jokingly" voted me and responded immediately. I think he is a ne'er-do-well who is AFRAID of getting CAUGHT.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Then vote me playboy. Vote me so hard, you unvote me and vote me again. My cagey, self awareness is 2meta4me, I just play it like it is. I tell it like it is.

You're a donkey brain scumlord.

Sorry you rolled scum man. Sorry for your loss.

It's ok AA, we all get caught straight out the gates sometimes. Better luck next time, champ.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Well, how about you let everyone else get me to next to hammer
then you hammer me.

Go out with a bang.
You.
and.
Me.

Let's go buddy.

I'd prefer a vig just take the mystery out of the equation, but if it comes down to it I'll hammer you.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The earliest scum plays are obfuscating joke phase remarks sooo, my vote against you is my first serious vote.

Nah, scum never seriously try to push a lynch out of a jokephase remark, they already know it's not going to work.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dick Bastardly posted:

The first question was simple and to the point which I thought was a good question and was thinking that AA would probably not have a good answer to, it validated my suspicion of AA in my mind at that point. But then Keane kept going on with it in a manner that seemed less logical than it had started out, and I felt like serious Keane throwing "joke" questions around was a sort of affront to what I thought we shared in our suspicion of AA.

So, to be clear, you think this sequence is not logical for Keane to pursue?

CCKeane posted:

Alright, so what's your role name?

Blaster lunchingbomb

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'd actually be willing to buy this if it was just left as "Blaster", seeing as how my role flavor ID just "Miner" not "Miner McMiningtown"

CCKeane posted:

Hmmm

So is this:

Your role name or flavor name or is it flavor name then role name?

Because this is where you come in and start throwing shade at Keane's questioning, despite being around earlier.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

The first two pinged me a bit as trying too hard to be A BIG GOOFBALL (second and related posts especially) and the third as a reaction to my calling him scum strengthened this. I don't think it's a normal reaction, and while I invented the "claim to be confirmed when you are not for giggles" maneuver, the additional vote is a bit of a whacky move. I don't LIKE IT I TELLS YA.

I would add to this that his reaction to my joke vote was an OMGUS rather than a 'haha whatevs'. It reads like he's trying to push the attention away from him.

You would set off an uncontrolled explosion in a collapsed mine. Scummy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Also hello friends, the die I roll every mafia game came up "actually play seriously and find scum" this time instead of "make fun of everybody and tell fart jokes" fear me.

We get the Keane that we need, not the Keane that we deserve.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord of Hats posted:

I never know what to do this early in a game. It's always a sequence of jokes and then the hidden countdown timer goes off and someone jumps on a jokepost for being scummy and then someone just on *that* person for being scum, and I think I might be really bad at Mafia that doesn't throw out a million data points like Soldiers does, guys.

Would vote Hats based on this post. If you want to get better at mafia then try playing mafia rather than sitting back griping about not being good at it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

No, I am actually a lunch bomb.

Erm...

That's hearing it. That's responding to it. I like Lucille 2 better anyhow. :P

I am vanilla town. A common miner.

There is no town reason for you to claim lynchbomb then walk it back to VT and then doubledown on the bomb claim. Why did you take back your initial claim?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

chaoslord posted:

So, to be clear, you think this sequence is not logical for Keane to pursue?

Because this is where you come in and start throwing shade at Keane's questioning, despite being around earlier.

Yes, this is were I found Keane's post to be facetious. The way I see it, I think the order of role name vs. flavor name is obvious.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, don't bother asking AA a bunch of questions to check his claim. He's really obviously not a lynchbomb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Murmur Twin posted:

AA's posting seems this game looks pretty relaxed

I'm not buying this read at all. It looks ~*manufactured*~

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
fwiw right now my personal take on Keane is null, this is a side I haven't seen before so I'm still not sure what to make of it, but my gut isn't pinging me right now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dick Bastardly posted:

I don't really believe AA so much, but I also don't believe Keane as being genuine either. Those are my dunken takes so far. ANYONE ELSE WANT WEIGH IN? FISK? CHAOS? RARITY EVEN?

I was busy drinking tequila for a friend's works leaving drinks and then being hungover from aforementioned tequila :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I am a lynch bomb, let it be known.

Bull.

poo poo.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

got some chores tonight posted:

i think aa is/was being intentionally obtuse but i dont think that makes him a scum

i would know

Is this because he's not with you in the scumdoc?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'm serious. Whoever hammers me is dead without a passive or instant protection. Imma blow me and them to pieces. Obliteration. Dissolution. Ex Nihilo Omnia.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rarity posted:

Bull.

poo poo.

Hammer me pleb

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rarity posted:

I was busy drinking tequila for a friend's works leaving drinks and then being hungover from aforementioned tequila :(

I'm hungover now too :(

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Going to that length to back up chores is odd imo. Why not just say "this is so town chores, trust me" or something to that effect instead of saying "I'd still not vote chores, even if he claimed cop, was counterclaimed, we lynched the counter claimer and they flipped cop", like.... that senario doesn't paint you or chores in a town light :confused:

Kind of an inside joke, I probably shouldn't do that.

Chores and Kashuno are both town. Chores claims cop. Kashuno counterclaims him. We lynch Kashuno. He flips cop. The next day we lynch chores. He flips town.

I was scum that game though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

In defense of my life for an actual better use of it, consider the following:

- Would I, as scum, draw this much attention to myself unnecessarily day one? Remove me from the equation, would it be a good play by anyone?
- What would I have to gain by lying about this claim? Imagine it as town, scum and 3P?
- Offering my ability up voluntarily to not only clear myself in act of martyrdom, but also destroy a target the town collective deemed as scummy, should stand as town motive for my play and justifications.

In my experience anyone who says "why would I do X as scum?" is scum. It's the last line of defence when you've run out of logical arguments, scum love it cause there's really no suitable answer to the question.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

I will only vote you if CCKeane unvotes and agrees to hammer.

Until then, embrace the meta, feel the meta, be the meta.

##unvote
##vote CCKeane

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote
##vote CCKeane

Meta is garbage. The best garbage.

*kicks up feet, puts game on autopilot*

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yes, this is were I found Keane's post to be facetious. The way I see it, I think the order of role name vs. flavor name is obvious.

I mean, I agree with you in that thinking it's obvious, but I also don't see the problem in trying to nail down the specifics for someone who had been actively trying to avoid that.

TBH though I did not expect you to come in with a "No I am fine with what I did" response. Definitely a thinker.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm totally willing to drop the hammer on AA by the way, in case others are feeling antsy about the claim.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Kind of an inside joke, I probably shouldn't do that.

Chores and Kashuno are both town. Chores claims cop. Kashuno counterclaims him. We lynch Kashuno. He flips cop. The next day we lynch chores. He flips town.

I was scum that game though.

:lol:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

got some chores tonight posted:

I think AA is not scum

Why?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

chaoslord posted:

I mean, I agree with you in that thinking it's obvious, but I also don't see the problem in trying to nail down the specifics for someone who had been actively trying to avoid that.

TBH though I did not expect you to come in with a "No I am fine with what I did" response. Definitely a thinker.

I think what it really comes down to on this case is that I am really not used to the Keane we are seeing this game, so I think maybe I misread him and it unnerved me a bit.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

chaoslord posted:

##vote AA

Some mod meta, I know in times past Ecco has not provided fake claims. Rather, it has been "Give me some information and I will write you a fake role PM." Reading over AA's posts, it feels exactly like that to me. The way AA just dodges, giving little scrap answers, and then finally goes "Ok so here is stuff about my role" seems like that's what happened to me.

Even throwing away the mod meta bit, role claiming and then refusing to answer some imo straightforward questions about the role doesn't strike me as pro-town. The argument AA is making is that "Telling everyone I am a lynchbomb is pro town, but I am not going to talk about the rest of my role PM." It's reasonable that people are going to have questions about a claim, especially one that is kind of out of left field on D1. It's not reasonable to laugh those away if you are already willing to tell folks your role.

Plus I have a hard time believing "lunchingbomb" was a phone autocorrect (my phone wants to take lynchingbomb into lynching bomb). I'll admit that is probably coloring my view some.

Seriously, how have none of you noticed he tried to take back the bomb claim? Am I the only one who was paying attention during jokephase?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think AA has been playing a really really bad game and saying only things that are wrong, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I should just give in and admit that I am a meta monster.

I'm not feeling Max for scum this game. That fishiness that surrounds him is absent.

This is so painfully obviously chores' town game that I wouldn't vote him even if he claimed Cop, got counterclaimed, and we lynched the counterclaimer who claimed cop.

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

i dont like this

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote
##vote CCKeane

You read meta like you read literature written above the 5th grade level.

Poorly.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

Keane used to play like this as town loads, back in the day when he was a true Mafia Darling :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

##unvote
##vote CCKeane

Tobbs, your case on Keane is a load of smelly farts and you should feel bad. Content trumps meta every time.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rarity posted:

Seriously, how have none of you noticed he tried to take back the bomb claim? Am I the only one who was paying attention during jokephase?

I also jokingly claimed several other things. VT, Cop, Doctor, Lynch Bomb, Lunch bomb (thanks to auto correct), and truthfully, just, BOMB!

kabooM!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
You all suck. I'm scum. Vote me. But make a fellow scum hammer. I'm scum with BK and DB.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

You all suck. I'm scum. Vote me. But make a fellow scum hammer. I'm scum with BK and DB.

:chanpop:

AA is 100% unequivocally telling the truth here. BK will also agree.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Rarity posted:

Tobbs, your case on Keane is a load of smelly farts and you should feel bad. Content trumps meta every time.

This is actually quite wrong.

I won a game as scum recently, and it's because people don't lynch for meta reasons. Max had me nailed as scum and ended up killing me (he was SK).

Other players like Moat knew I was scum, but they got lynched anyways.

Also I was copped as scum and got the cop lynched lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

🤔

• Locked thread