Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I think AA is A BIG SILLY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm reading AA's meltdown as a town meltdown. Won't vote there unless I have to when the day ends.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Amalgam (6): Rarity, -Rarity, Keane, BK, Max, Hats, chaoslord, AA

CCKeane (3): AA, -AA, Max, -Max, MMT, Tobbs, Fisk

Max (1): chores, Grandi, -chores
Quidnose (1): BK, Rarity, -BK
Fisk (1): Quid, MMT, -Quid, Max, -Max, -MMT, chores
Tobbs (1): PMom

Pinterest Mom (0): Max, -Max
Hats (0): AA, -AA
chaoslord (0): Tobbs, -Tobbs
DickBastardly (0): AA, -AA
chaoslord (0): MMT, -MMT
chores (0): Max, -Max
BottleKnight (0): Grandi, AA, -AA, AA, -AA, -Grandi, AA, -AA
Rarity (0): Grandi, -Grandi
Grandicap (0): AA, -AA

:h: With 15 alive it takes 8 to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Thursday, March 9th, ~11PM EST.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, I'm going to be working on my resume because I have an awesome position I want to apply for. Knowing me, I'll take ample breaks from doing productive things and have time to mafia, but in case I actually find my groove in bullshitting about how awesome I am, that's where I'll be.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Oh, poo poo, my computer doesn't have office on it. Downloading free trial now. I guess I could get open office, or LaTeX and be a super nerd.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Um.... I guess I'll trust Ecco over votefinder per the OP.

Guys, if I get exploded, honor my memory by getting the scums. Thank you.

##vote AA

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Either I can't read or theres some witchcraftery going on.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Grandicap posted:

Oh, poo poo, my computer doesn't have office on it. Downloading free trial now. I guess I could get open office, or LaTeX and be a super nerd.

LibreOffice IMO.

How do you feel about Max? You're voting him but there's been a lot of posts since yesterday morning.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Dick Bastardly posted:

Either I can't read or theres some witchcraftery going on.

check it again, I accidentally gave rarity a second vote she doesn't have. She's still voting for Quidnose :cthulhu:

I noticed my mistake and changed it very quickly I am surprised you saw it.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I'm still voting Max based on a tone argument, and I think it still stands. I don't like his flippant call out of my vote on him either. I am also aware I will not be around enough to push that case, so if I still feel that way tomorrow, I will do more heavy lifting then.
So, short term, happy voting him still, but not willing to be a standard bearer for it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

I'm still voting Max based on a tone argument, and I think it still stands. I don't like his flippant call out of my vote on him either. I am also aware I will not be around enough to push that case, so if I still feel that way tomorrow, I will do more heavy lifting then.
So, short term, happy voting him still, but not willing to be a standard bearer for it.

Since when was your argument about Tone?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

That just ignores everything else that's been going on and offers zero specifics.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

"Boy I sure don't like the way Max called me scummy after not really contributing much and barely making an argument."

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm honestly willing to vote Grandi if people are around to make that happen.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Max posted:

I think he's being lurking scum but not enough to switch off of AA.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Eh.

Grandi is scum or he isn't.

If he is scum, then AA is scum or he isn't.

If AA is scum, AA is still a better option. If AA isn't scum, Grandi moving away from pushing an AA vote looks weird, since we could believe AA's claim.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Grandicap posted:

I'm reading AA's meltdown as a town meltdown. Won't vote there unless I have to when the day ends.

lol I didn't have a melt down, what melt down?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah, I'm behind a Max vote. Grandi's case on him is reasonable and his weird two-step around voting Keane, where he's both sincerely voting him and also declaring it a play to get reactions is hella insincere.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
OK, back and catching up now, should be here from now until deadline.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Yeah, I'm behind a Max vote. Grandi's case on him is reasonable and his weird two-step around voting Keane, where he's both sincerely voting him and also declaring it a play to get reactions is hella insincere.

I don't think I'd be opposed.

Obviously I still prefer AA.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

What changed from your aggressive stance on AA to this move to Grand?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

##unvote
##vote max

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

That said, I haven't re-read AA since engaging you on this (and am :guinness: at the moment) so I'll re-look to see if the gun is as smoking as you seem to think it is.

OK, on a reread I have to admit that I was wrong and Keane was right yesterday :eng99:

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Just be sure to let a scum hammer me so they can die. Since I am confirmed town lynch bomb.

---

I am Faham. I was born to dig.

---

No, I am actually a lunch bomb.

---

No, I'm a lunch bomb. Town can use me as a vig.

---

Blaster lunchingbomb

---

I don't have kills or kill flavor lol. I just explode on hammer

---

If I saw a mirror, I'd weep from how divine the adonis staring back at me appeared. Also I think that's enough for now lol

---

Blaster is my flavor name. A lynch bomb is what it is. On phone. Ain't nobody eating lunch.

---

It's that you need the minors is what concerns me. I've given you the pay dirt and you're asking for change? Why?

---

I'm a blaster.

I'm a lunchbomb.

I'm a kobold or w.e. these lizardkin are, miner birthed to mine.

Live or die, I mine.

---

It's what you think it is and this mod meta to interpret my claim is hokey fwiw

---

Lol my phone did it. I don't care. I am a lynch bomb, let it be known.

---

Ecco used neither lunch, lynch, or any other variation.

I am simply bomb since this is pertinent.

If AA was town he would have said something like "I'm Fahad, my flavor is Blaster and my role is Bomb(er?)" the first time he was asked this. Yesterday I thought it was Keane going after low-hanging fruit but in retrospect the number of times it took him to get a straight answer definitely reads like scum caught in a lie.

##unvote
##vote AA

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
hammer round two

Like I said before, pray for me, and avenge my death (if I die) by finding and putting the scums to justice.

##vote AA

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

In defense of my life for an actual better use of it, consider the following:

- Would I, as scum, draw this much attention to myself unnecessarily day one? Remove me from the equation, would it be a good play by anyone?
- What would I have to gain by lying about this claim? Imagine it as town, scum and 3P?
- Offering my ability up voluntarily to not only clear myself in act of martyrdom, but also destroy a target the town collective deemed as scummy, should stand as town motive for my play and justifications.

Point ones and two: If you're scum, you would claim it to make people reluctant to hammer you. It would be a good play if you could sell it well, but your followup to Keane's question reads far more like someone trying to come up with a lie than someone relaying information naturally.

Point three: your volunteering to be lynched by the person town thinks is scummiest doesn't make sense. If a town player is deemed scummiest and hammers that's bad for town, if a scum player is deemed scummiest they're not going to go along with your plan just because you asked.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
:redhammer:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: FINAL Day 1 Votecount :c:

:redhammer: Amalgam (8): Rarity, -Rarity, Keane, BK, Max, Hats, chaoslord, AA, DB, -DB, MMT, DB

CCKeane (2): AA, -AA, Max, -Max, MMT, Tobbs, Fisk, -MMT
Max (2): chores, Grandi, -chores, PMom

Quidnose (1): BK, Rarity, -BK
Fisk (1): Quid, MMT, -Quid, Max, -Max, -MMT, chores

Tobbs (0): PMom, -PMom
Pinterest Mom (0): Max, -Max
Hats (0): AA, -AA
chaoslord (0): Tobbs, -Tobbs
DickBastardly (0): AA, -AA
chaoslord (0): MMT, -MMT
chores (0): Max, -Max
BottleKnight (0): Grandi, AA, -AA, AA, -AA, -Grandi, AA, -AA
Rarity (0): Grandi, -Grandi
Grandicap (0): AA, -AA

:h: With 15 alive it took 8 to execute.

================

On the first day of the investigation, the miners didn't even know where to begin. Then one miner ran out with sticks of explosive powder strapped to his chest. "I AM A BOMB," he shouted. "ALL WHO GET NEAR ME WILL BE DESTROYED."

"Really?" one asked.

"No, just kidding."

"Wait, really?"

"I AM A BOMB I WILL DESTROY YOU ALL."

"...What???"

The miner with the bombs laughed. It was clear the extended captivity had destroyed his sanity, and so he had to be the first to go. Unfortunately, right as DickBastardly got hold of him, there was a mighty explosion. When the dust cleared, both DB and Amalgam were dead. Unfortunately - perhaps unsurprisingly - neither of them were murderers.

:s: Anomalous Amalgam, Faham, Blaster (town-aligned bomb), was executed day 1. :s:
:s: Dick Bastardly, Mauel, Miner (town-aligned vanilla), was blown up by AA day 1. :s:

It is now Night 1. You have 18 hours from this post to submit your actions.

Mod Note: however one should play a bomb, this was clearly not it. :toot:

Goodnight!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Try as they might, however, the miners just couldn't sleep. They were too razzled perhaps by the explosion from the previous day, or even the murder the previous night, and knowing the murderers were still among them. They were also in a bind from a practical standpoint - most of the mine was lit with bright, magickal lanterns, and around every dark corner lurks imminent death.

No, they would stay awake tonight, as well as they could at least. Someone might still be murdered anyway - killed when they wandered away from the group, or while everyone else finally nodded off from exhaustion. But at least they could talk with each other, share some incense water, and, if not figure things out, at least have their final moments be comforting ones.

I have decided this game is nightless. Hooray! I still expect all night actions in ASAP.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Well that was . . . Something.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Jonathan Fisk Must Die

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
And Max

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

What changed from your aggressive stance on AA to this move to Grand?

I probably should have just worded it as "Would vote Grand as well" at the time, because that was how I was feeling and I had a small inkling that AA was not playing well. Live and learn, or just die I suppose.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

8 bad votes

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

got some chores tonight posted:

Jonathan Fisk Must Die

:yeah:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don't understand what chores has against me

is this a chun-li / m bison scenario from the movie

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

there was that game that you won as scum and he got v. angry and quit mafia about it no

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I can't possibly keep straight all the games I've won as scum

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

in rel acenda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3729528&pagenumber=1284&perpage=40#post463354423

• Locked thread