Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hot drat this will get them back on Spike for sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
TNA: We're not WWE but let's copy the things everyone says they hate about WWE

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Anyone else watching the Fight Network stream or on the channel itself? They just put a ten minute segment about music on MMA in the middle of the main event. Like it went to commercial and then there was this long rear end unrelated interview. Nice job Anthem

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Alberto is either a cheating babyface or they just did an Alberto/Lashley double turn. loving :lol:..

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

By the end of its life Saints Row and the WWE license were the only things keeping THQ afloat. Saints Row suddenly became a big deal with 3, though, and it looked like there might be light at the end of the tunnel for THQ, but in late 2012 the debtors smelled blood and all came calling at once, not unlike what happened to TNA last year, but on a much bigger scale.

That left them in need of a huge cash infusion basically immediately. They promoted the Saints Row 3 DLC Enter the Dominatrix into the core of what became Saints Row 4 in the hopes of getting a full sequel out as quickly as possible, but there just wasn't enough time, and the company collapsed.

I still think that if they hadn't lost so much money on Udraw they could have pulled through. They ended up losing like a hundred million on that, and if they hadn't lost that money they might have been able to crawl their way to the release of SR4, which turned out to be huge, and the Gat Out of Hell sold well not long after.

The only good SRs is 2. Afterwards they tried too hard TM.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

If they sign Swagger, I hope they bring Eagleman with him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogh8E4eYhV0

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

DoctorGonzo posted:

The only good SRs is 2. Afterwards they tried too hard TM.

If having fun parachuting onto a penthouse guns blazing during Kanye West's "Power" is wrong, I never want to be right.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Or flying down into a spaceship while The Touch plays

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saints Row 3 and 4 are a ton of fun, SR2 is probably the best game though even in spite of the legendarily awful PC port.

It quickly became clear they were largely reusing assets/mission structures in a desperate attempt at padding because THQ forced them to release early in an even more desperate bid to keep the creditors at bay - they almost pulled the same thing with South Park: The Stick of Truth too but then they went bankrupt, UbiSoft bought the game and - in spite of Ubi's many flaws, they at least realized that the game would be better released later with the forced padding taken out.

I had kinda hoped the WWE games would be better once THQ died but by all accounts they're still just reskinning the previous year's games and calling it a day.

Through all of this, Impact continues to air.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

saints row loving sucks

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Garrett Kidney, who is to TNA what Foochs is to Dean Ambrose, stopped reviewing the show halfway through

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/840034249495437313

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Saints Row 3 and 4 are a ton of fun, SR2 is probably the best game though even in spite of the legendarily awful PC port.
SR2 PC was outsourced to a Polish company, the only say the original developers had was submitting bug reports that might have even been read at some point.

Jerusalem posted:

I had kinda hoped the WWE games would be better once THQ died but by all accounts they're still just reskinning the previous year's games and calling it a day.
Isn't this whole thread about hope vs. reality?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jeff Hardy's last appearance in TNA is wrestling a kangaroo

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/840012362878996485

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Jerusalem posted:

THQ was just the publisher, the studio that makes those games (Yuke's) just made a deal with 2k to keep doing their bad, dumb job

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Saints Row 4 is also apparently the first open world game where they realized you might want to have music playing when you're not in a vehicle and that's a boost

SR2 is the best "be a gangster and take control of the city" game but SR4 has so much unique poo poo that I have to love it.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
THQ deserved to die for picking Yukes instead of AKI for the future of WWE games.

Also, why are wrestling promoters the only dumb fucks on earth who think people want FEUDING COMMENTATORS that detract from the product? Vince even wanted to get Jesse Ventura feuding with the coaches to try and drum up some sort of interest in the XFL. Commentators should be there to enhance the product, never to detract from it or be the center of attention. It's the dumbest poo poo alive.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tato posted:

Also, why are wrestling promoters the only dumb fucks on earth who think people want FEUDING COMMENTATORS that detract from the product? Vince even wanted to get Jesse Ventura feuding with the coaches to try and drum up some sort of interest in the XFL. Commentators should be there to enhance the product, never to detract from it or be the center of attention. It's the dumbest poo poo alive.

Didn't it start with Heenan, who was blatantly biased towards the guys he was managing/had managed and it turned into an angle with Perfect who was doing commentary while injured

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Tato posted:

THQ deserved to die for picking Yukes instead of AKI for the future of WWE games.

That would have gotten media attention due to ventura being a former governor

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I think it would have gotten attention like "This is dumb, fake and stupid in an already failing sports league."

I watched the "new and improved" impact. This somehow feels even more pathetic than the Planet Jarrett days or anything Dixie ran. At least then you could pretend it was dumb people trying to build to something. This just feels like some decent wrestlers getting wasted while a bunch of old men who have burned all their other bridges spend their time settling the score on their petty grudges and putting themselves all over television. Anthem are a bunch of idiots to pay for this.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tato posted:

This just feels like some decent wrestlers getting wasted while a bunch of old men who have burned all their other bridges spend their time settling the score on their petty grudges and putting themselves all over television.

WCW never died :allears:

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

flashy_mcflash posted:

Jeff Hardy's last appearance in TNA is wrestling a kangaroo

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/840012362878996485

At least he went out on a high note.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/840010918490755073

This loving company

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Defiance Industries posted:

Or flying down into a spaceship while The Touch plays

The "Power" and "Holding Out For A Hero" setpieces in 3 were brilliant, but I thought "The Touch" was trying too hard. I still laughed, though.

4 is weird because there's parts of it I really, really like and parts where it just felt like they dropped the ball with character stuff and rushed out a 90% finished game to get boxes on shelves. But, I guess that's literally what happened, so, yeah.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Also TNA, TNA is bad. Were the Hardy's complicit in filming the teleportation thing or was that just movie magic? If you're going to acknowledge them still having the belts, why wouldn't you have them drop them like they offered?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
If he knew about this Hacksaw would be so proud of Decay.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Also TNA, TNA is bad. Were the Hardy's complicit in filming the teleportation thing or was that just movie magic? If you're going to acknowledge them still having the belts, why wouldn't you have them drop them like they offered?

I'm pretty sure they were teleporting off to win yet another indie fed's tag belts, but TNA just said "they died on the way to their home planet" and gave the belts to Decay.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I didn't watch Impact because why would I, what were the sick iceburns laid on former management mentioned by rovert last page? Something was mentioned about the new TNA wanting to distance themselves from the former product, and since this is the wrestling business I expect them to debut an Eugene-like character called Duxie and have a ton of manure fall on her head.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
Some of Pritchard/Mantell stuff bothered me and I felt a little bad for Pope during the JB reveal segment but overall I thought it was a decent start to the reboot. I might watch again next week v:shobon:v I also have notoriously bad opinions of just about everything

sonicice fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 10, 2017

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
i liked when there was a 30 minute stretch with no matches. no way Russo isn't back.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

To be clear, I'm no fan of Eli Drake, but the guy (and any active performer that didn't get TV time last night) has a point about being left off the show so they could have not one but two long-rear end promos about how poo poo the company used to be.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
https://twitter.com/polwres/status/840139797033172993

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy gently caress was the commentating like that all episode? that's goddamn horrible

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Feuding commentators only works when it happens naturally, like JR and Heyman at the desk when Lawler quit in 2001.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah, I get that it's wrestling and all, but that feels SO forced...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just straight up ripping off the Lucha Underground shirt.

http://shoptna.com/impact-wrestling-lucha.aspx

http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/promotion-tshirts/lucha-underground/classic-logo.html

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

holy poo poo how is this loving show worse

the part where pritchard mentioned john cena was laughable. how can you even begin to take potshots at a guy who is more valuable than all of the horrific talent combined

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

To be clear, I'm no fan of Eli Drake, but the guy (and any active performer that didn't get TV time last night) has a point about being left off the show so they could have not one but two long-rear end promos about how poo poo the company used to be.

https://twitter.com/therealec3/status/840029088773492736 https://twitter.com/SiennaTNA/status/840050165369171968

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/gailkimITSME/status/839130030810759168

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I was going to say it was surprising to not see Gail Kim the entire taping

There were others. Was Aron Rex even there? I don't remember him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I was going to say it was surprising to not see Gail Kim the entire taping

There were others. Was Aron Rex even there? I don't remember him

Last Observer said he missed the tapings because he got a movie role but he's still with the company

• Locked thread