Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

It's hard to feel that sympathetic for EC3's tweet. I don't doubt the talent tries, but there's clearly no developmental, the writing is terrible, the agents are terrible, and absolutely nobody left has any kind of drawing power save maayyyyyyyyybe Lashley, and they've done their damndest to kill that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/840219633114329090

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

This is the redesigned TNA site, now in beta. Drink every time you see the word 'wrong'

http://impactdev.fightnetwork.com

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flashy_mcflash posted:

This is the redesigned TNA site, now in beta. Drink every time you see the word 'wrong'

http://impactdev.fightnetwork.com

http://impactdev.fightnetwork.com/talent-roster/

hahahahahahahahahahaha

lovely green font you can't read over most of the pictures, and default to the "show everyone who's ever been in this dogshit promotion" page so you don't immediately realize how poo poo the current roster really is

E: I have honest to god never loving heard of half of the current "stars" or knockouts.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 10, 2017

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

DJExile posted:

http://impactdev.fightnetwork.com/talent-roster/

hahahahahahahahahahaha

lovely green font you can't read over most of the pictures, and default to the "show everyone who's ever been in this dogshit promotion" page so you don't immediately realize how poo poo the current roster really is

E: I have honest to god never loving heard of half of the current "stars" or knockouts.

The best part is that when you move your cursor over a wrestler they disappear

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Stars/Knockouts I have genuinely no knowledge of:

Sienna, McKenzie, Brandi Rhodes, Rosemary, Laurel Van Ness, Allie, Eli Drake, Braxton Sutter, Caleb Konley, Marche Rocket, Luster The Legend, Adam Thornstowe, Andrew Everett.

Seriously who are any of these people?

E:vvv OK yeah I should have realized that :downs: I thought they both left already though?

DJExile fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Mar 10, 2017

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
Brandi Rhodes is, surprisingly, the wife of Cody Rhodes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

It's not even alphabetical, what the gently caress

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

DJExile posted:

Sienna, McKenzie, Brandi Rhodes, Rosemary, Laurel Van Ness, Allie, Eli Drake, Braxton Sutter, Caleb Konley, Marche Rocket, Luster The Legend, Adam Thornstowe, Andrew Everett.

E:vvv OK yeah I should have realized that :downs: I thought they both left already though?

a lot of those people have been on their tv or well known on the indies for like years so i don't know why you would expect to know them all if you dont watch their tv or follow indies

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Chris Saban

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The mobile site list Bully Ray and Devon at the top of the list, one of which is in ROH and the other retired

Oh and halfway down: Austin Aries

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

a lot of those people have been on their tv or well known on the indies for like years so i don't know why you would expect to know them all if you dont watch their tv or follow indies

Fair point, and I guess I should expand on this.

Is there anything they're doing to try to make any of those people actual names, or are they still sticking to the "push the gently caress out of all the WWE rejects" thing?

E: for further context I don't have POP TV so i'm basing most of this on what i see/hear from outside, but it sounds like I haven't missed all that much.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

The mobile site list Bully Ray and Devon at the top of the list, one of which is in ROH and the other retired

Oh and halfway down: Austin Aries

Retired and working for WWE. It defaults to include the alumni, Kevin Nash, Luke Gallows, Samoa Joe and The Young Bucks are all in there mixed up with all the current talent in no particular order.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

Sienna - Allysin Kay of SHINE and SHIMMER fame. Very good. Should be in NXT.
McKenzie,
Brandi Rhodes - Cody's shouldn't be wrestling wife.
Rosemary - another SHIMMER alum, can't remember her real name off the top of my head
Laurel Van Ness - Canadian Tough Enough contestant.
Allie - Cherry Bomb of SHIMMER and SHINE fame
Eli Drake - some dork
Braxton Sutter - Pepper Parks of CZW fame, IRL husband to Allie
Caleb Konley - indie dude, Gabe really wanted this guy
Marche Rocket - Chicago Indie, best remembered being part of the Trios team that Chikara fans really dug.
Luster The Legend,
Adam Thornstowe,
Andrew Everett - The dude you always saw get pinned in Trevor Lee matches.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

Sienna - Allysin Kay of SHINE and SHIMMER fame. Very good. Should be in NXT.
McKenzie,
Brandi Rhodes - Cody's shouldn't be wrestling wife.
Rosemary - another SHIMMER alum, can't remember her real name off the top of my head
Allie - Cherry Bomb of SHIMMER and SHINE fame
Eli Drake - some dork
Braxton Sutter - Pepper Parks of CZW fame, IRL husband to Allie
Marche Rocket - Chicago Indie, best remembered being part of the Trios team that Chikara fans really dug.
Luster The Legend,
Adam Thornstowe,
Andrew Everett - The dude you always saw get pinned in Trevor Lee matches.

:cheers:

were one of these guys one of the edge clones? "Edgeheads" i think?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Braxton Sutter was Pepper Parks on the indies

Eli Drake was a performance center guy who got released and is the "Dummy Yeah" button guy

Rosemary is the clown chick in The Decay

Andrew Everett is I'm his early 20s, but was trained by the Hardys. His dad was one of the money marks for OMEGA.

Thornestowne and Luster the Legend are the two halves of Reno Scum

I can probably nail some more later.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DJExile posted:

:cheers:

were one of these guys one of the edge clones? "Edgeheads" i think?

No that was Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder. Both ostensibly employed by WWE.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

coconono posted:

See that's what I thought too, but I swear I heard Bryan or Vinny mention someone in TNA as one of Edge's clones a couple years ago, but maybe I'm hosed up.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

WWE employs Cody Hawkins :confused:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

DJExile posted:

See that's what I thought too, but I swear I heard Bryan or Vinny mention someone in TNA as one of Edge's clones a couple years ago, but maybe I'm hosed up.

Curt Hawkins won their tag title as part of the GFW invasion.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Baron Corbyn posted:

Curt Hawkins won their tag title as part of the GFW invasion.

Thaaaaaat's what it was. I think they were just calling him "Myers".

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

coconono posted:

Rosemary was Courtney Rush I think. LvN is Chelsea Green. And Gabe had Caleb Conley for years...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Rosemary was Courtney Rush I think. LvN is Chelsea Green. And Gabe had Caleb Conley for years...

Yeah but not the body Caleb we all know and love today.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

gabe is still using caleb konley on floslam he was on the last style battle

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol @ saying "EC3 should be one of the biggest stars in the world" haha ok. I understand being pissed about how bad the company comes off now but jesus christ the grand majority of the surviving roster are still in TNA because they're loving bad

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
EC3 is good though

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
actually while i thought the "they have a great roster" talk was overblown even when people still said it, i'd still say the majority of their roster is comfortably solid-to-good

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

holy gently caress was the commentating like that all episode? that's goddamn horrible

Yes. By a quarter of the way through the show I was literally daydreaming about causing Josh Mathews physical pain. I mean Borash was bad but Mathews was the real poo poo catalyst (which is a great punk band name btw). Pope seemed like he was legitimately miserable.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yes. By a quarter of the way through the show I was literally daydreaming about causing Josh Mathews physical pain. I mean Borash was bad but Mathews was the real poo poo catalyst (which is a great punk band name btw). Pope seemed like he was legitimately miserable.

Has JB ever been on commentary until this point? To my knowledge he's always been a backstage guy or ring announcer when needed.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

DJExile posted:

Has JB ever been on commentary until this point? To my knowledge he's always been a backstage guy or ring announcer when needed.

I want to say he filled in on commentary when Taz was dropped after the Aces&Eights angle died. He definitely had a couple single episodes over the years where he would fill in for Don West if he couldn't make it to the show for whatever reasons.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Germansimp posted:

I want to say he filled in on commentary when Taz was dropped after the Aces&Eights angle died. He definitely had a couple single episodes over the years where he would fill in for Don West if he couldn't make it to the show for whatever reasons.

That's right, he checked in when Taz left.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reby is having a meltdown on twitter. Fun stuff.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Reby is right.

Also what the gently caress did they say about Senor Benjamin because she is pissed.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Skinty McEdger posted:

Reby is right.

Also what the gently caress did they say about Senor Benjamin because she is pissed.

That TNA owns the character even though he was never on their payroll I think.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hey Rovert, what's the scoop on TNA loving with the Hardy's, are they trying to screw with the ROH PPV as well?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/840315276608565248

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Good luck explaining to your talent that their pay checks are late (again) because you're spending all your $$ suing the Hardys.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

Add to every OP.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

Hey Rovert, what's the scoop on TNA loving with the Hardy's, are they trying to screw with the ROH PPV as well?

"Today has been weird day in this story" - Some who is a friend. Is the best I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I would think the whole "Broken" gimmick would be TNA's intellectual property

• Locked thread