Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

LMAO gently caress YOU GUYS @EdNordholm @RealJeffJarrett @IMPACTWRESTLING

MORE than happy to play this game

Can we just talk about how many times Matt's contract could have been broken due to NUMEROUS issues on TNA end and...

...never made a fuss about poo poo, but MFers wanna try & come at us NOW, *after the fact* ?! Don't you have an owl to promote or some poo poo !?

Or - I dunno - a company to "make great" ? Instead of acting like the petty little bitches you are ????

Speaking of petty, nice video package on TNA's "history": with NO visual or mention of Jeff - who gave his all for 7 YEARS - or Kurt ?!

But y'all sure made sure to get those two video ID shoots of Jeff Jarrett in there LMAO. But it's "just business, brother", right ? PETTY.

Everything these boys have done for the company & you wanna try & gently caress us for the sake of it. Literally no other reason except YOU MAD lol

How about my husband leaving me A DAY AFTER GIVING BIRTH to make your TV tapings ? That's how dedicated this MFer was to the company.

How about how the 3 highest rated TV segments of 2016 were financed by HARDYS solely to help the product & because they BELIEVED IN TNA

Or ALL THE poo poo TALKING BY JJ throughout contract negotiations & Matt was STILL THERE, professional & trying to make things work for 2017 !

Oh & this the best part...these MFers trying to come after SEŅOR BENJAMIN.

LMAO I CANT.

"Seņor Benjamin" - my dad, by the way - who was never paid a dime by the company & who was obviously never under contract...

...Not that those contract things mean anything to TNA...Until after they're over or until 3 days before they expire, apparently.

Funny thing is, everyone who ever actually had anything to do with #BROKEN Matt Hardy has our back on this.

WHAT DOES THAT SAY TO YOU ?

drat near 20% of your roster leaving in the span of a week, all citing the same reasons or none at all.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ?

And then a fakeass "wishing you well" tweet from @EdNordholm, mere HOURS before threatening to sue us. SUCH A FITTING END, MAN.

Seriously, you couldn't write this poo poo... Well. TNA couldn't write this poo poo... any writers worth a poo poo left too ! ��

Real cute how TNA can go radio silent for WEEKS (with exception of nonsensical drunk texts from JJ) but we get a 2 hour deadline to respond

gently caress you think this is, "Taken" ? LOL I can't.

Good luck explaining to your talent that their pay checks are late (again) because you're spending all your $$ suing the Hardys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TNA MARCH: And gently caress that Owl.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

gently caress that Owl.

We've found the winner for the naming contest

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

EugeneJ posted:

We've found the winner for the naming contest

i thought they were naming it Birdy

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Got to give Reby some props for being a good worker, she follows up her rant by pimping that you have to watch the ROH PPV to see what the Hardy's response will be.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
impact didn't finish in the top 150 cable programs for the evening so we'll have to wait on more detailed figures to determine just how lovely the rating was and how far it fell from just the previous week. New improved impact off to a great start!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

everybody who has problems with the Jarretts points out that they're drunk constantly

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MotU posted:

i thought they were naming it Birdy

That is the hip thing to call future casualties of the wrestling business, yes

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

they produced a hype package with no footage of Kurt Angle or Jeff Hardy but plenty of Jeff Jarrett. Ain't he great?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Of course it had that guitar shot on Hogan in Japan they put in every loving thing.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Skinty McEdger posted:

Of course it had that guitar shot on Hogan in Japan they put in every loving thing.

...even after Hogan was actually in TNA for 3 years they still used that clip?

Hahahahahahaha

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So when this company is broke again who is going to save it? Dixie, Billy?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Skinty McEdger posted:

What was the story behind that anyways? Did they just both happen to be in Japan and Jarrett asked Hogan for a favor or something?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

DoctorGonzo posted:

So when this company is broke again who is going to save it? Dixie, Billy?

It's owned by a billionaire sports network now, it's not going broke.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

What was the story behind that anyways? Did they just both happen to be in Japan and Jarrett asked Hogan for a favor or something?

Hogan was going to come in for TNA's first 3-hour PPV in 2004 and face Jarrett, but negotiations fell through

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luigi Thirty posted:

It's owned by a billionaire sports network now, it's not going broke.

The thing is never going to make money so lets enjoy TNA in is perpetual limbo. LMAO if this company survives the WWE after Stephanie and HHH burn that company to the ground.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BulletClubItal/status/840324325714587648

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I understand this is true, but this cannot be possible.

There is no way Aces and Eights finally progressing was only 4 years ago.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

That's not a Six Sides of Steel match, that ring only has four sides.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rhonne posted:

That's not a Six Sides of Steel match, that ring only has four sides.

The floor is side 5 and then there's a very large gap before the sixth side is the roof of the building they're in.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

is Reby gonna make appearances for ROH. I think i'ma get the show tonight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I wish Reby was my mom. Straight fire.

Wait, actually my mom's pretty cool. I wish Reby was my other mom.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/840334462416277504

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
lol https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/840338764606103552

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

Impact Wrestling sent Matt and Jeff Hardy (and perhaps others) a 3* page cease and desist letter today, demanding they immediately stop all utilization of the "Broken" characters, PWInsider.com has confimed. We are told that Impact is claiming that that intellectual property of the characters and anything related to them would fall under the ownership of the company, not Matt and Jeff Hardy, and that as of today, the Hardys are not to use anything related to the "Broken" universe going forward.

The letter being sent is what sparked Rebecca Hardy's rant on Twitter earlier this afternoon.

Anthem's Ed Nordholm took to Twitter today, writing, "We thank @matthardybrand for a superb performance in Broken Universe. May the seven deities guide with their Broken Brilliance left behind. @MATTHARDYBRAND Broken Universe will always be here. Kudos to the creative team behind the vision @JeremyBorash @paradysexoxo @Lagana @Billy"

The Tweets seem to take the credit for the "Broken" material away from Matt Hardy, who had an incredible amount of creative control and say over it, and places the creative credit specifically upon current and former Impact creative and production staffers, giving the impression that the material was created by Impact, not Hardy.

Impact Wrestling is claiming that any new, original intellectual property created by the Hardys while they were under contract to the company would be owned by Impact and cannot be used outside of their auspices. Where the intellectual property begins and ends would certainly be up for debate, although the "Delete!" and "Obsolete" chants, as well as costuming and references to Seven Deities, Broken Brilliance, and perhaps even the dilapidated boat, could all claimed by Impact as their property. It's also a weird situation in that Impact are going to have to argue and prove that "Broken Matt Hardy" is their IP, whereas Matt Hardy is not. It gets even weirder if they are claiming to own "Brother Nero Hardy" when Nero is Jeff Hardy's actual middle name.

Matt Hardy filed for a trademark on the Broken Matt Hardy character himself on 3/1, right after his Impact contract expired.

Based on Rebecca Hardy's comments, it would appear the legal threat from Impact Wrestling would include her father, who portrayed Senor Benjamin despite not being signed or paid by TNA. One would assume it would then include Rebecca's persona as "Queen Rebecca" and possibly even Matt and Rebecca's son, who appeared as "King Maxel." Rebecca Hardy wrote that her father was never signed or paid by Impact Wrestling, which, if that is the case, makes Impact look like the worst kind of bullies for even targeting somone who performed for the company for free.

lmao

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
haha senor benjamin is going to save the broken gimmick because anthem got overzealous. god bless you, senor benjamin.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

What's funny is that if Matt does have to stop playing that specific character because of Impact, that probably makes him MORE valuable because there's nothing indy fans love more than making GBS threads on them.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
cant wait for #Outspoken Matt Hardy

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
if there is a kind and loving god he will give me #Hoboken Matt Hardy

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

shiksa posted:

haha senor benjamin is going to save the broken gimmick because anthem got overzealous. god bless you, senor benjamin.

senor benjamin is the hero we need and deserve in this darkest hour

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Maybe he could become #Woken Matt Hardy, left-wing firebrand

or how about #Token Matt, the only honky in a stable of international stars

he might even get away with a video game gimmick, #Hadouken Matt Hardy

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Reby is having a meltdown on twitter. Fun stuff.

how is this a "meltdown" when she's right about all this poo poo

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
gently caress TNA.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

SatansOnion posted:

Maybe he could become #Woken Matt Hardy, left-wing firebrand

or how about #Token Matt, the only honky in a stable of international stars

he might even get away with a video game gimmick, #Hadouken Matt Hardy

#Tolkien Matt Hardy, he will find the precious

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

MinibarMatchman posted:

how is this a "meltdown" when she's right about all this poo poo

You can be right and still have a meltdown. Tweeting like 500x including stuff like LMAO FUK U!! is a meltdown

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I remember he posted something on Twitter about becoming Woken Matt Hardy and deleted it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Russo https://twitter.com/garrettkidney/status/840370213866655745

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I remember he posted something on Twitter about becoming Woken Matt Hardy and deleted it.

Well he WOULD do that, wouldn't he?

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Again, gently caress Tna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
how much time does rovert have for Russo to be officially announced before he eats that probation

• Locked thread