Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is literally the same map pack that was released for MW4 like a decade ago and it was only $10 then holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

And anyone who bought this DLC back then knows that there's only 1 good map here with Broadcast.

The kicker is this: if you bought the season pass, this content is not included. So you might be paying $115 before microtransactions for the full experience of CoD 2016. :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Meanwhile Titanfall 2 was on sale for $23 today.

I missed the sale though :negative:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is literally the same map pack that was released for MW4 like a decade ago and it was only $10 then holy poo poo I can't stop laughing.

Which is the one they released a map pack for free, because it was so popular at Christmas it slammed xbox live to its knees for a straight week?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Macys posted:

Which is the one they released a map pack for free, because it was so popular at Christmas it slammed xbox live to its knees for a straight week?

It was released for free on PC because ATI or NVIDIA sponsored it. I think it always cost money on the 360/ps3.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It was released for free on PC because ATI or NVIDIA sponsored it. I think it always cost money on the 360/ps3.

Maybe it was MW2 then, because I remember a free map pack.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ah, yeah. I remember the loving flame wars that errupted because console players were paying for a map pack that even a year earlier would have just been free on PC. Now it's an industry standard, back then it was blasphemy.

Oh, and we ended up with some SCUBA themed side scroller online shooter because Xbox Live got trashed during Christmas 2007. It wasn't really good but I think the same company made Shadow Complex using the same technology later on.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Lazyfire posted:

Ah, yeah. I remember the loving flame wars that errupted because console players were paying for a map pack that even a year earlier would have just been free on PC. Now it's an industry standard, back then it was blasphemy.

Oh, and we ended up with some SCUBA themed side scroller online shooter because Xbox Live got trashed during Christmas 2007. It wasn't really good but I think the same company made Shadow Complex using the same technology later on.

Undertow. An early Unreal 3 engine game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Obviously, Twitter posts aren't exactly legally binding statements, but for the record, here was the official response:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 8, 2017

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Mister Macys posted:

Obviously, Twitter posts aren't exactly legally binding statements, but for the record, here was the official response:

I think you misread the Tweet. If the maps had come out in December they would have been free. It's March a d now the promise is invalid.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

It's still loving weak that they're pulling this bullshit.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I guess the people who still buy dlc and micro transactions outnumber the complainers.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I played blops 3 last night. It was like riding a bike. Still pulled 1.9 and 2kd's without even trying.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Those pubs were hella bad last night. Even the 2kd ones.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Only bad players continue to play the dead game known as black ops 3. I'm thinking of buying Titanfall 2 I hear BB is going to have it on sale again.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Yeah buy that. I've been playing way too much BOTW.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Only bad players continue to play the dead game known as black ops 3. I'm thinking of buying Titanfall 2 I hear BB is going to have it on sale again.

I'm cool with being a bad player instead of a broke brain dumbass that continues to play Infinite Warfare: The Worst COD.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

It's not the worst cod, just the most broken.

And most rigged.

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
I don't get all the hate. I love how the game plays, sounds and looks. The currency systems are shite but it's 2017, they're all bollocks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Nah, IW's loot system is poo poo.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Mill Village posted:

Nah, IW's loot system is poo poo.

I wouldn't say it's poo poo, it's just... you have no reason to spend money at all on it. Like, you can literally get by with just commons.

That, and the rarest poo poo is rarely any good.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

WattsvilleBlues posted:

I don't get all the hate. I love how the game plays, sounds and looks.

This isn't the problem. It's the broken back end of matchmaking, party hosting, server lag, and general other bugs that have only gotten worse over the history of the franchise.
Never have I seen a more broken-rear end game, and I've owned KOTOR 2, Fallout 3, and the last three Elder Scrolls games.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah the game itself is really good. Literally everything around the game is loving terrible.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/839635075750744065

It's worth it at $20 for SP alone.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
I'd straight up rather play ghosts over iw.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bumper Stickup posted:

I'd straight up rather play ghosts over iw.

It's like 5 bucks and I'm always down for Extinction.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bought Titanfall 2 at lunch. $20 is my happy will but if it's fun price range.

Hoping the MP is better than IW.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

It's miles ahead of IW. The game balance is pretty good at this point.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Titanfall 2 is just so much more well-thought-out than IW. BO3 has a better case but the netcode is so sloppy in comparison, and there's more depth to advanced movement in Titanfall. The only real complaint I have with TF2 is panic punching, which makes sense as they also thought Commando was a good idea in MW2.

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Unlocked both the new guns. They're fun, but not as fun as some of the ones they released for Black Ops 3 (the Marshal was super fun, among others). I don't think they or anything else will keep me playing this game after the new Mass Effect comes out. Such is the end of people playing this on Xbone, I guess, since I was the last holdout.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Gordon Shumway posted:

Unlocked both the new guns. They're fun, but not as fun as some of the ones they released for Black Ops 3 (the Marshal was super fun, among others). I don't think they or anything else will keep me playing this game after the new Mass Effect comes out. Such is the end of people playing this on Xbone, I guess, since I was the last holdout.

Can't wait for Andromeda. Looking forward to some co-op with ya'll. :sicknasty: :legion: :zaeed:

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Mister Macys posted:

Can't wait for Andromeda. Looking forward to some co-op with ya'll. :sicknasty: :legion: :zaeed:
Yeah, I'll be playing the poo poo out of it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yo I got TF2 installed and updated last night should I do the SP first or just ump right into MP?

Mass Effect has always been a bad series but Andromeda looks really good and fun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Play SP first.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm going to start doing this if I ever play this game again.

http://plays.tv/video/58c7f87d7b4e09955b/op

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
they brought the BO2 ballistic knife to BO3 (and the galil too)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sba posted:

(and the galil too)

:eyepop:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bring the BO2 maps to BO3 and we might have something good.

Did you guys go back to BO3?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

sba posted:

(and the galil too)

Welp. :shepspends: :homebrew:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

Bring the BO2 maps to BO3 and we might have something good.

Did you guys go back to BO3?

"We have always been here."
- Ambassador Kosh

• Locked thread