Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Just a little tap on the nose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cut out the errors and we should be more competitive despite being 1.5mill+ under the salary cap

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Ugly as gently caress but I'll take the two points. We're going to have to improve quickly though.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Keep in mind that it's the first season-opening win that the Warriors have had in quite some time.

Edit: only the 2nd in the last 10 season opening fixtures since the 2008 one started.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

good to see manly losing, but both teams have been pretty poor with errors

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Such a bad weekend for the first round, weather is definitely not helping the teams.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Jono C posted:

Ugly as gently caress but I'll take the two points. We're going to have to improve quickly though.

Knights are awful and we didn't look a whole lot better.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I'm gonna choose to focus on the positives - RTS and Johnson looked good with the ball, the props actually ran with purpose and generally fought for metres after contact, and most of all we got the motherfucking 2 points.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
The RTS/Johnson combo was looking really good today. The big problems were taking forever to get into the game and losing the plot in the second half when Mannering left the field. I'm hoping it was a case of us playing to the level of the opposition.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

nrl.com had a headline featuring the words "brave sea eagles" and I'm already sick of this season as a result.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

it was brave passing the ball only to have it bounce off the flat footed morons chest

it was especially brave having a 38 year old newcastle reject looking like the most competant manly player

i hope they bravely get the spoon

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Sea Eagles were committed in defense, I'll give them that. If they sort their handling errors out and get some fluency in attack they'll be a force this season.

Eels looked good... rusty, but not too bad for the first hitout of the season.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Which of the 9 million midweek NRL shows should I watch if I want as much analysis and match highlights as possible and as little of everything else?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dirty Frank posted:

Which of the 9 million midweek NRL shows should I watch if I want as much analysis and match highlights as possible and as little of everything else?

I don't have foxtel any more but going by last year Sterlo is the one you want.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Got to say I am enjoying the new NRL channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3au23waeE0

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

quote:

The NRL today issued Newcastle Knights player Jarrod Mullen with a Notice of Alleged Anti-Doping Rule Violations under the NRL's Anti-Doping Policy.

This follows advice from the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) that Mullen's B-sample has tested positive for an anabolic steroid, Drostanolone.

The Notice alleges that Mr Mullen breached the Policy through the possession and use of Drostanolone, which is prohibited by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and the NRL's Anti-Doping Policy.

Mullen was tested by ASADA on 29 November, 2016 and has been provisionally suspended from participating in any WADA compliant sport, including Rugby League, since 17 January 2017 after his A-Sample tested positive for Drostanolone.

Under the NRL's Anti-Doping Policy, Mullen now has the opportunity to respond to the matters raised in the Notice of Alleged Anti-Doping Rule Violations.

The NRL will not be making any further comment while this process is under way.

welp

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tis a shame

gonna get more cap space free

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

the best way to look at it

Rugby League 2017: at least we'll get some cap space freed up

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

bought it off paul gallen, no doubt

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Listening from inner mongolia. Seems my picking the Warriors was rather poor.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

MiniSune posted:

Listening from inner mongolia. Seems my picking the Warriors was rather poor.

Changed my tip to Melbourne once I saw the weather.

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
hey everyone, just checking in for another year to make sure that souths are continuing to get worse every year that i support them

okay yep

good to know carry on

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Divorced And Curious posted:

hey everyone, just checking in for another year to make sure that souths are continuing to get worse every year that i support them

okay yep

good to know carry on

The pride of the league :thumbsup:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Forward pass, but I'll take it anyway.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Hilariously forward pass there. At least Milford shanked it

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
God, I could just watch the Cowboys play the Broncos forever.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Its nuts eh? Every loving time, its exhausting.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
:horse:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
good game!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

GG Cowboys :(

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Every ending like this just builds up the next one.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

oh it's friday i guess the broncos played

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It would be less annoying having them play every Friday if they didn't gently caress up my drive home with people driving into watch them.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Sounds like the cows were the biggest losers in that game in the end: Coote may be out for 4-8 weeks with a torn calf, Matt Scott with an ACL injury, Winterstein broke his wrist and Taumalolo is out for a few weeks after that shoulder charge.

On the bright side we might actually see Ponga get a run.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

i would say that looking at the score, and the amassed points from the game, the biggest losers are the brisbane broncos.

"Oh poor ol’ Brisbane, thought of ants and died"

Kaglicious
Mar 31, 2011
Lose 66-10 vs Castleford, 8 days later smash an unbeaten Catalans team 46-10. The Leeds Rhinos Way™

McDermott still isn't the answer but this will no doubt keep him in the job for the season :sigh:

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

thanks for indirectly reminding me that wigan are loving champs.

jesus christ

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol knights, first time in forever I've seen anyone go offside from a kick costing a try (except kicks that ricochet off random feet or whatnot).

And then give up a try immediately.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
no point getting excited about tries when the refs check every single one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
bunker checks take all excitement out of the game

• Locked thread