Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well that sure was a day of mafia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Unfortunate.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Unfortunate.

You need to stop talking about your face.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Rarity posted:

You need to stop talking about your face.

He needs to continue talking about his face. For ages to come.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Well, bleh. I felt good about that one, too. The way every last bit of info had to be pried out of him felt scummy as hell.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Well, bleh. I felt good about that one, too. The way every last bit of info had to be pried out of him felt scummy as hell.

Kinda same.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come morning - the miners could only tell by small gaps in the top of the mine which penetrate the surface - there was yet another murder. This man was the janitor; he used magickal cleaning equipment to suck up dust and dirt while simultaneously pushing away stones and debris, keeping the tunnels clear from obstruction so miners can easily travel through them. He also had a keen sense of the human (and lizard) spirit. He believed he could see into people's thoughts and figure out their intentions.

The rest of the miners were always skeptical, but it seems, whatever the case, he will never get his chance to prove himself. He had a pickax lodged in his skull, and some of the drilling equipment mangled up his guts.

:s: Jonathan Fisk, Subul, Janitor (town-aligned cop), was killed night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2

:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 to execute.
:d: Day 2 deadline: Monday, March 13th, ~11PM EDT.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I was jailed.

Chores, what are your thoughts on Fisk dying?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I was jailed.

Chores, what are your thoughts on Fisk dying?

Why would you claim this?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Why would you claim this?

Jailer can be a town or a scum role. I'm claiming being jailed now since I may die later in the game and this limits any bullshitting a scum actor might do, while confirming town's story.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Actually, I suppose I may have been roleblocked, but the flavor literally involved a jail so I made a leap there.

I DO know I was roleblocked, I am assuming it was a jail.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, it looks like Fisk got double murdered?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Are you claiming the Fisk kill? Or just a flavor thing?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

Good catch, this matches with my flavor.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Are you claiming the Fisk kill? Or just a flavor thing?

Flavor thing. Pick axe in head plus the drill bit seems like he was killed by two people. I'd imagine one is a vig, but I wasn't responsible for his death either way.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Max posted:

Flavor thing. Pick axe in head plus the drill bit seems like he was killed by two people. I'd imagine one is a vig, but I wasn't responsible for his death either way.

K.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grand I'm curious to see your thoughts on the end of the last day.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I am a Driller (town vigilante) and I did indeed target Fisk last night. I agree with Max/Keane that Fisk was probably double killed - the drilling in the guts was me but I don't think the pickax was. I was leaning towards drilling Max last night but switched to Fisk at the last minute. :eng99:

CCKeane posted:

Good catch, this matches with my flavor.

Can you clarify this? You were jailed but Fisk getting double-killed matches with your flavor?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I buy that.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Murmur Twin posted:

I am a Driller (town vigilante) and I did indeed target Fisk last night. I agree with Max/Keane that Fisk was probably double killed - the drilling in the guts was me but I don't think the pickax was. I was leaning towards drilling Max last night but switched to Fisk at the last minute. :eng99:

Can you clarify this? You were jailed but Fisk getting double-killed matches with your flavor?

Yes. This matches with the flavor associated with my role pm.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Surprised AA was town. This post pinged me yesterday but it especially pings me post-flip.

Grandicap posted:

I'm reading AA's meltdown as a town meltdown. Won't vote there unless I have to when the day ends.

Grandi and Rarity are my top 2 scumpicks. Will do a reread of both of them soon, it shouldn't take me long, but I'm busy today.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Grand I'm curious to see your thoughts on the end of the last day.

I think AA was an easy vote. There really wasn't another option put forward and noone was pushing for other options. The reaction to your pushing on the role stuff was awkward, but we know he flipped scum, so who cares. I think your reaction to it was genuine. I'm going to look at Hats today I think. And relook at Max which was my read from yesterday.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

:ghost: I'm flattered :ghost:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I think AA was an easy vote. There really wasn't another option put forward and noone was pushing for other options. The reaction to your pushing on the role stuff was awkward, but we know he flipped scum, so who cares. I think your reaction to it was genuine. I'm going to look at Hats today I think. And relook at Max which was my read from yesterday.

He flipped town.

I don't disagree with Lord of Hats. I'd like to hear from them.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

Asking for your flavor is a pretty tame request if you repeatedly claim a role. Freaking out at someone who finds your sparse response lacking is p bad.

##unvote
##vote AA

---

AA being cagey about their role flavor is kind of weird to me after being so loud about their role.

When I look at how I think scum would have played D1 (as I did when I cased Keane yesterday, although I've since changed my mind regarding him), I think they would have seen a plausible case on a town AA and hopped on it. That's not open-and-shut in a vacuum since plenty of people (including me) ended up doing that, but

Max posted:

Something about Grandi gnawing at me.

---

Since when was your argument about Tone?

---

That just ignores everything else that's been going on and offers zero specifics.

---

"Boy I sure don't like the way Max called me scummy after not really contributing much and barely making an argument."

---

I'm honestly willing to vote Grandi if people are around to make that happen.

Max's case on Grandi seems more like a defensive OMGUS to me than it does a genuine attempt to find scum.

Max - is Grandi still your top scum suspect?

Also on my mind is that (a) I immediately noticed the double-kill flavor since I was responsible for the drilling but in my mind I don't think someone else would have noticed it unless they had something to do with the kill, and (b) I remember from a recent game that Max, as SK, targetted low-effort players, so I can see a world where scum Max would have gone after Fisk. I'm not saying either of those is a slam-dunk against Max but they're little things I noticed so I'm pointing them out.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ehh, kill-flavour to establish sourcing is kinda classic Ecco game

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

EccoRaven posted:

Come morning - the miners could only tell by small gaps in the top of the mine which penetrate the surface - there was yet another murder. This man was the janitor; he used magickal cleaning equipment to suck up dust and dirt while simultaneously pushing away stones and debris, keeping the tunnels clear from obstruction so miners can easily travel through them. He also had a keen sense of the human (and lizard) spirit. He believed he could see into people's thoughts and figure out their intentions.

The rest of the miners were always skeptical, but it seems, whatever the case, he will never get his chance to prove himself. He had a pickax lodged in his skull, and some of the drilling equipment mangled up his guts.

:s: Jonathan Fisk, Subul, Janitor (town-aligned cop), was killed night 1. :s:

Reading over the flavor I noticed that Fisk had "a keen sense of the human (and lizard) spirit" which makes me wonder - is anyone else other than Hats a human in this game?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My PM doesn't say if I'm human or kobold, but it does reference my hair, so I guess human.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mine says I hatched from an egg, but my school never offered sex ed so I don't know if that makes me a human or a kobold.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Grandicap posted:

My PM doesn't say if I'm human or kobold, but it does reference my hair, so I guess human.

This is the same reason I said human, yeah.

CCKeane posted:

He flipped town.

I don't disagree with Lord of Hats. I'd like to hear from them.

What do you want an answer for? Any questions you've got, I'll give you.

My vote was on AA because, as I've said, he was so bad with how he was giving out that info. Like, look at MMT's claim--it's straightforward "I am Rolename (Rolepower), I do Rolepower by Flavortext", although in this case the flavor text was in Ecco's post. The fact that AA phrased it in such a non-serious way ("blaster lunchingbomb") and then didn't expound any further than that really threw me off, and the ideas for how we could turn the power to our advantage felt like hasty backtracking on a fakeclaim. And then I was wrong, and now I need to go back and recalculate.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

Ehh, kill-flavour to establish sourcing is kinda classic Ecco game

MMT, it's this. I always read Ecco flavor since it is somewhat important, and kill sources is the one thing they are usually consistent about.

If you really want to go down that rabbit hole, the vig would be the one to notice the discrepancy in that situation anyway. Scum would have seen that Fisk was killed and was a cop, and would probably have not read the rest since nothing strange happened. I'm imagining you saw only Fisk died and wondered what was up.

As for Grandi, yes he's still my favorite right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm trying to figure out who would want to kill Taste as scum since he seemed like an easy push for a mislunch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Max posted:

I'm trying to figure out who would want to kill Taste as scum since he seemed like an easy push for a mislunch.

I want to see Chores' hot take.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

I want to see Chores' hot take.

That was my first thought.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
I'm Glad He's Dead

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
He Was Naïve Anyway

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like maybe Naive or you know he was naive?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Rarity is replaced by stickup

Everyone say hi!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi stick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap