Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidthulhu posted:

what's there to quid about? :confused:

You've been posting in other threads, have you still found nothing in-game to comment on?

EccoRaven posted:

Rarity is replaced by stickup

Everyone say hi!

Hi Stickup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

loving, come on MMT, I was just about to post about Quid.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Now I just get to Me Too that statement.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
anyone else here ever wish they were scum so hard they cried

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Or quote this post to find out your alignment.

lmao

someone alive do this again so I can quote it

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

got some chores tonight posted:

quote this post and ill psuedorandomly assign you a catholic cardinal in the submafia game: pope quest

you have the same alignments and prs and you send all the actions to eccoraven but its a better theme now

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I've just hit page 6 and I don't understand what AA was doing

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CCKeane posted:

I'm less interested in applying pressure to you then I am in getting answers to my questions, because I'm still confused.

So AA:

What is your role name as it appears on your PM?

What is your flavor name?

What is the flavor by which you derive your powers?

Obviously, if you need to tell me to gently caress off, tell me to gently caress off, but since you've already claimed the most important bit of your role, this seems like pretty minor stuff.

this post is really weird coming from keane

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yup

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Sorry, I was yupping the no idea what AA was doing post

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

CCKeane posted:

Alright so.

Ecco was the first person to raise the problematic implications of the word lynch in mafia games, and generally uses execution or hanging.

I find claims of a execution bomb here pretty suspicious, because the change of terminology here is pretty different from what Ecco usually uses. This strikes me as very unusual, and I am very suspicious of it as a result.

My vote on AA will remain, I'm confident in my vote.

an interesting point. obviously not correct in this case, but I'm a little weirded out about how you focused on this as if it were a serious thing. what if AA was changing the terminology to his own as he was paraphrasing a role pm?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

this is a stickup posted:

this post is really weird coming from keane

You're basing this on meta?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity replacing out is the tiebreaker for me. ##vote rarity

I'll refer everyone to my case from yesterday, which she did not address before she left.

BottleKnight posted:

This but rarity. She comes in way after a bunch of AA stuff has happened and starts shooting very confidently, very hard. Completely sure AA's claim is bullshit to the point where she says she'll hammer him (knowing she'll be fast asleep during deadline).

the post she quoted had already been called out by multiple people. I don't think this is a fresh catch-up on the thread, I think this is an attempt to score points on things that people had already cleared up. Try to slam dunk a case that has been building and ongoing since the beginning. The definition of not sticking your neck out but trying to make it look like you are.

It reads to me like bussing. I'll keep voting AA because that meltdown is almost certainly scum, but Rarity definitely seems like scum here as well.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Obviously her and AA are not scum together, but it still reads to me like Rarity was coming in to slam dunk a bunch of cred disingenuously on someone she knew was having a town meltdown.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
tobbs is the scum
serious keane is freaking me out
hats is maybe a thing, possibly

these are some fresh page 8 extra sticky takes

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

You're basing this on meta?

keane being serious at all and not going for the comedy option is not something I expect

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

these are some fresh page 8 extra sticky takes

bow the gently caress down

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I'll refer everyone to my case from yesterday, which she did not address before she left.

UGH

obviously ##unvote ##vote stickup

my brain is full of mush

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

##vote bottleknight

afaik rarity loves playing scum and I doubt she'd replace out as scum. I expect you'd know this and are trying for an easy push

personally I am the same way and have never even considered replacing out as scum. right now I am v. upset with ecco for not retroactively changing rarity's role to murder slug

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
kill bottleknight

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Murmur Twin posted:

You've been posting in other threads, have you still found nothing in-game to comment on?

My kids had their Spring Choir concert last night so I've been mostly focusing on making sure they know their music. I haven't really read this game at all, but I'm gonna catch up tonight or tomorrow. My mom is visiting and we're gonna watch a movie tonight but I'll try to get a bead on things!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I opened up mmt's posts to see her meta case on tobbs, which she is sure to have made if she is town. mmt has not said 'tobbs' once this entire game

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

##vote bottleknight

afaik rarity loves playing scum and I doubt she'd replace out as scum. I expect you'd know this and are trying for an easy push

personally I am the same way and have never even considered replacing out as scum. right now I am v. upset with ecco for not retroactively changing rarity's role to murder slug

weird meta defense

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

you're right, my entire case is irrelevant because of your one meta point and I should've known better

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm convinced that omgus is cornered scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
yeah you totally cornered me with one vote that I find annoying because I just replaced into the game

your entire case is irrelevant because it was weak. doubly so because that was rarity, not me. it also states you felt rarity attacking aa was a bus. aa was town. I'm surprised you didn't just let it die and be forgotten

BottleKnight posted:

weird meta defense

it's a direct reply to your meta justification that rarity replacing out means she is scum and it's extra weird you're doubling down

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

it's a direct reply to your meta justification that rarity replacing out means she is scum and it's extra weird you're doubling down

I specifically said it was my tiebreaker, it's certainly not my entire justification for Rarity (and therefore you) being scum. You're mischaracterizing my case in an attempt to discredit me to save your own skin. Unconvincing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

If anything, on rethinking my Rarity case post-flip I became more convinced it's right because she came in late and tried to hardcore put the hammer down on AA, whose alignment she was very sure about, and offered to hammer a lynchbomb while knowing she was only going to be around for 30 more minutes. It's scummy as hell.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think AA has been playing a really really bad game and saying only things that are wrong, but that doesn't mean he's scum.

I should just give in and admit that I am a meta monster.

I'm not feeling Max for scum this game. That fishiness that surrounds him is absent.

This is so painfully obviously chores' town game that I wouldn't vote him even if he claimed Cop, got counterclaimed, and we lynched the counterclaimer who claimed cop.

I've been wrong on meta calls before (loving TMM) but I was hoping someone had played with Keane when he was town and not a useless shitposter. I have played many games with Keane, and this and FF2 (where he was scum) are the only ones that I've seen this posting style.

I'm really surprised mmt can look at this and not make this post

mmt posted:

I'm sorry to keep banging on this "Tobbs meta read" drum but click here or here to see an example of Town Tobbs normally posts. Look at how many different people he accuses of being scum and how he's willing to throw his vote around.

The Tobbs I'm seeing in this game seems uncharacteristically afraid to make an incorrect case (but is fine making a town read on me) - I'd think it was scummy even if I didn't have a meta read there.
For example, I find it impossible to believe that a Town Tobbs wouldn't have cased Asiina by now.

Do people disagree with me or are they just not reading this case?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

If anything, on rethinking my Rarity case post-flip I became more convinced it's right because she came in late and tried to hardcore put the hammer down on AA, whose alignment she was very sure about, and offered to hammer a lynchbomb while knowing she was only going to be around for 30 more minutes. It's scummy as hell.

were you not also so sure about aa's alignment that you were unwilling to switch votes to someone else?

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
sara I am very upset with jackson right now. please be extra mean to him

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

were you not also so sure about aa's alignment that you were unwilling to switch votes to someone else?

after the meltdown, yes.

I didn't make posts like this pre-meltdown:

Rarity posted:

Bull.

poo poo.

Rarity posted:

Is this because he's not with you in the scumdoc?

Rarity posted:

I'm totally willing to drop the hammer on AA by the way, in case others are feeling antsy about the claim.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
P sure MMT was scum that game.

Are you badgering MMT for not playing her scum game?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

BottleKnight posted:

MurmurTwin - Ellen DeGeneres - Passenger (town-aligned vanilla) has been killed N2.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MMT was not scum that game, that was the Space game we just played.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
apart from omgusing bk for voting me without even letting me finish reading the thread, tobbs has made exactly one call and one vote (minus a joke on chaoslord)

it's easy to push keane when keane is pushing aa, especially when you know aa's alignment. as mmt did, here and here are the examples she brought up of town tobbs throwing his vote around and making calls even early in the game.

for contrast, the game she cased him in looks just like this one, and she was right about him being scum there. I'm skeptical that town mmt in this game wouldn't bring this up again after correctly getting tobbs in that game, and later on saying she should've fought harder to get tobbs ded

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

BottleKnight posted:

after the meltdown, yes.

I didn't make posts like this pre-meltdown:

you're right, granted. all of that kind of ran together when I read it in however many minutes

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

mmt was town and correctly figured out you were scum early on due to posting that is incredibly similar to the way you're posting now, and yet mmt has not mentioned you at all

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Murmur Twin posted:

Reading over the flavor I noticed that Fisk had "a keen sense of the human (and lizard) spirit" which makes me wonder - is anyone else other than Hats a human in this game?

I am not a human

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

mmt was town and correctly figured out you were scum early on due to posting that is incredibly similar to the way you're posting now, and yet mmt has not mentioned you at all

Oh, yeah, you're right.

I'm not scum this game though.

• Locked thread