Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I screenscapped it before it got removed :grin:

PM me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I saw it and just assumed bart simpson + penis picture avatars was the new normal.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Schweinhund posted:

I saw it and just assumed bart simpson + penis picture avatars was the new normal.

:same:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Schweinhund posted:

bitcoin is dumb.

hell, agreed

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

The ETF thinks so as well

http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/10/14883350/sec-bitcoin-etf-order-winklevoss-denied

quote:

The Securities and Exchange Commission has denied the application for the Winklevoss Bitcoin Trust ETF, in a stunning defeat for its founders, the Winklevoss Twins. In an order today, the commission found that the proposed fund was too susceptible to fraud, due to the unregulated nature of Bitcoin. The result is a major setback for the fund, and a frustrating false start for the crypto-currency at large.

“Regulated markets related to the underlying asset provide a ‘necessary deterrent to manipulation,’” the commission wrote in its analysis. “To the extent there is some question as to the degree to which Bitcoin is subject to manipulation... regulated markets relating to Bitcoin would help answer that question and address instances of such manipulation.”

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They'll probably end up trying again in another country. The US is ideal but the chances of it being rejected everywhere are low.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Which agency is the ETF?

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

500 good dogs posted:

Which agency is the ETF?

Ethanol Tobacco and Firearms

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

i'm glad

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Haha owned again winkletards

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
I can't think of a worse idea than buying shares of bitcoin without owning a wallet, "stunning defeat" to dopes maybe.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

I can't think of a worse idea than buying shares of bitcoin without owning a wallet, "stunning defeat" to dopes maybe.

Buying shares of bitcoin without a wallet with money you reserved for your mortgage* and spouse's** retirement***.
*requires owning personal property
**requires marriage
***requires working/a job and an actual savings plan

Bitcoiners lack many of these things.

And instead of investing it with the Winklevoss twins you dump all of it on an honest ponzi hyip doubler.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

It's actually way better, ETFs are an actual security product backed by real accountability. If you wanted to speculate on Bitcoin you would certainly rather use ETFs instead of actual Bitcoins and deal with shady exchanges.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

Jimmy Hats posted:

Haha owned again winkletards

mods, namechange, etc

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
How much money are they in again?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
"the winklevoss twins" lmbo get the gently caress outta here theres no way thats real people names, thats some dr seuss rold dahl poo poo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

in other news, would-be fund manager Sam I Am hits another stumbling block as his Regular Breakfast filing was rejected with a counter-offer of miscolored ham and eggs

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

500 good dogs posted:

It's actually way better, ETFs are an actual security product backed by real accountability. If you wanted to speculate on Bitcoin you would certainly rather use ETFs instead of actual Bitcoins and deal with shady exchanges.

Yeah, if I was the kind of person who would consider gambling on Bitcoin, I'd rather go after an actual registered ETF where it's just dollars in/dollars out without touching the poop in any way.

But that's like saying I'm going to hire a contractor to build my house on quicksand instead of just doing it myself.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"the winklevoss twins" lmbo get the gently caress outta here theres no way thats real people names, thats some dr seuss rold dahl poo poo
I literally confused them for the Wachowski sisters at one point, which I don't even know what it says about me

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

walgreenslatino posted:

You think bitcoin is stupid and an embarrassing waste?

There's people on this forum who have been energetically posting in an anti-bitcoin thread every single day for like four years

(in nasal, asthmatic voice) yospos, bitch

autoaim.cfg
Aug 6, 2005
:qq: WHINY SHITHEAD :qq:
*drops mic*
Getting a couple of bitcoins you've hamfistedly sent to god knows where back is such a big deal it warrants an article.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-miner-repays-customer-who-accidentally-paid-2-5-bitcoins-transaction-fee/

:allears:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Hammerite posted:

(in nasal, asthmatic voice) yospos, bitch

You're supposed to do that in a voice that's different

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
Is bitcoin still covered with a thin veneer of legitimacy?

I keep seeing Bloomberg and Forbes articles about it. They might have been from the blogs section since I didn't read them

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
The veneer is just cummies

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Currently at $1080 down from $1248 24 hours ago.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

AARO posted:

Currently at $1080 down from $1248 24 hours ago.

Time to BUY!

Boogoose
Oct 5, 2003

GIVE ME THE CASH !
The plural is Winklevodes.

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
can't help but feel that bitcoins are valuable in the same sense that some piece of furniture on the antiques roadshow is valuable insofar as good loving luck in finding someone who would actually pay you real loving money for that poo poo

"this chair was appraised at $20,000!!!" yeah, great. who's buying? "a-durrrrrrrrrrrr"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I AM THE TOILET posted:

can't help but feel that bitcoins are valuable in the same sense that some piece of furniture on the antiques roadshow is valuable insofar as good loving luck in finding someone who would actually pay you real loving money for that poo poo

"this chair was appraised at $20,000!!!" yeah, great. who's buying? "a-durrrrrrrrrrrr"

You can sit in a chair.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

I AM THE TOILET posted:

you don't put your new england highback on craigslist. you enlist an action house who finds a buyer for you (and then takes 30%).

if you were a true AR fan you would know they do follow-ups and things are regularly sold for near the show's auction estimate :mad:. ... and sometimes a good bit less.

but yeah, still better than bitcoin

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
Bitcoin is so 2013, erethreum has gone through the roof in the past 3 months:

Get in while you can, 2 da moon boyz!!!

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Decentralised software sounds like a nightmare to debug.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Buy low, sell lower!

Zandi
Aug 7, 2003
www.nomadhonor.com
Dunno, look how easy this is to use:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28/internet-poker/6k-has-disappeared-my-info-wallet-please-help-1658822/

quote:

1) Hit the green button in the bottom right

2) Select any server with that has number under "limit" on it:

3) Press ok

4) Shut down electrum (right click and close in taskbar will do)

5) Open it up again and let it sync. See if your bitcoin come back in wallet

6) Continue to do this until they appear (change to new server, ok, close, reopen, sync) - I have had to do it up to 8-10 times before they appear (unconfirmed issues)

So much easier than fiat

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     

I AM THE TOILET posted:

other people posted:

you don't put your new england highback on craigslist. you enlist an action house who finds a buyer for you (and then takes 30%).

if you were a true AR fan you would know they do follow-ups and things are regularly sold for near the show's auction estimate :mad:. ... and sometimes a good bit less.

see thread title

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

There is another internal crisis going on between bitcoin forking or not.

Quote from one of the biggest figures in the Chinese bitcoin scene pressing more towards the fork occuring:

quote:

"All the exchanges who signed are not world class level. They think they're clever, but didn't figure out the most basic logic. The situation is more complex but the result is clear. The big blocks will win and the rest can't survive".

"These stupid cunts are going to be caught unprepared for the complex circumstances in which the fork is going to occur."

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
If you switch around the letters in Monero you get "Mooner".

Makes you think.

AARO fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 19, 2017

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I should note that I literally caused the first great bitcoin crash (from like 80 dollars down to 5) by posting "bitcoins are crashing, SELL SELL SELL" on the bitcointalk forums with a corresponding snippet of the graph showing they'd dropped 10% in like 2 hours.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

Drone_Fragger posted:

I should note that I literally caused the first great bitcoin crash (from like 80 dollars down to 5) by posting "bitcoins are crashing, SELL SELL SELL" on the bitcointalk forums with a corresponding snippet of the graph showing they'd dropped 10% in like 2 hours.

98% of all bitcoin trading is Chinese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

To be precise, 99.998% of bitcoin trading is Chinese bots. Or it was until a month ago when the volume dropped by that amount

Drone_Fragger is talking about 2011, you can find the thread via google lol.

• Locked thread