Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Bieeardo posted:

Same kind of thing might go in a scenario where someone submits a sex slave to a game whose developer doesn't see anything odd about using a dating site's data for modeling sexual preferences.

it's not just a sex slave
she's named after moe anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

It was written well enough such that anybody skimming entries for suitability would not have parsed any problematic content within it.

Some people's mission in life is to get offended at absolutely everything.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Payday 2 has a lot of HUD mods.

DANKHuD, a marijuana themed HUD mod, stands out. The MSPAINT HUD mod is famous, of course. But then there'sHyperHUD Re;Birth, a painstaking full interface reworking themed around one of those godawful games.

I really don't understand the desire to add random elements from your (presumably) favorite franchise to games you play. It's not even the subject matter, it's that they're completely unrelated in every way. Someone please explain the appeal.

qnqnx posted:

Some people's mission in life is to get offended at absolutely everything.

Like you, for instance!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I used a Hotline Miami HUD for Payday 2 for a while but that was because it was shortly after the Hotline Miami crossover stuff came out

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Hemingway To Go! posted:

it's not just a sex slave
she's named after moe anime

They're procedurally generated, dude

I'm pretty sure that's not an actual backer combination because I've never seen it in the game (and female backer characters come up often), it's probably a Name in the Game combined with the backstory from the backer character Emmie.

Cup Runneth Over fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Mar 8, 2017

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I really don't understand the desire to add random elements from your (presumably) favorite franchise to games you play. It's not even the subject matter, it's that they're completely unrelated in every way. Someone please explain the appeal.

Any second I'm not looking at anime tittys is a second I'm not feeling alive.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cup Runneth Over posted:

They're procedurally generated, dude

I'm pretty sure that's not an actual backer combination because I've never seen it in the game (and female backer characters come up often), it's probably a Name in the Game combined with the backstory from the backer character Emmie.

I think they changed Emmie's story now, she was just a regular slave last time I saw her. Also a pyromaniac lesbian, which is rad as gently caress when she's not laying waste to the living room

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
ralph is that you

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ralph Bluetawn?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPWQ9zn3Zh8

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Discendo Vox posted:

When I was a kid, I loved Legend of Zelda, specifically Ocarina of Time. I drew (lovely 11-year-old, which oughta sadly date me but gently caress it) fan art. I learned every single secret trick in that game, I can still remember where most the secrets are hidden, I theorized, I drew maps, I lived and breathed that game. I was the annoying nerdy kid who'd get into a pissing match over who would win, Link or Batman, and so on and so on. I'm pretty sure everyone had a game or movie or cartoon or whatever they got obsessed with a kid. Most people thankfully grow out of it. I did.

These guys.. don't. They end up glomming onto whatever franchise hits their liking - Anime, Star Wars, Star Trek, ponies, furry poo poo, whatever they find themselves interested in - and then everything has to be relevant. The worst ones end up basically building their own identity around this imaginary world they love. Every other game or movie has to be viewed by the lense of the One True Truth. Everything is better with ponies, etc etc etc. Real world becomes a distraction from their favored fantasy, and therefore nothing is real unless they can somehow inject anime girls into it.

In short, it's a childish, unhealthy obsession taken to its extreme. It's healthy to find and enjoy something you like - whether it's sports or games or whatever. Basing your very identity around it? Not so much.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Payday 2 has a lot of HUD mods.

DANKHuD, a marijuana themed HUD mod, stands out. The MSPAINT HUD mod is famous, of course. But then there'sHyperHUD Re;Birth, a painstaking full interface reworking themed around one of those godawful games.

There are a ton of mods for L4D2 that just straight up replace random textures with anime pictures. Not even putting them computer screens or backgrounds where it would make even a slight bit of sense, but straight up replacing things like door textures with your waifu.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
there are, however, no model replacers that turn special infected into 'sexy' versions of themselves or whatever so let's focus on the small mercies shall we

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
There was one that replaced all the Tank sounds with Johnny Bravo voice clips, which is frankly the purest form of art

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Coolguye posted:

there are, however, no model replacers that turn special infected into 'sexy' versions of themselves or whatever so let's focus on the small mercies shall we

Well, you say that...

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Danaru posted:

There was one that replaced all the Tank sounds with Johnny Bravo voice clips, which is frankly the purest form of art

I think the Cosby soundclips for the smoker was the most prophetic of L4D mods.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Rectus posted:

Well, you say that...

Please, like there was a way to improve on the inherent sexiness of the boomer. (please share)

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Drake_263 posted:

When I was a kid, I loved Legend of Zelda, specifically Ocarina of Time. I drew (lovely 11-year-old, which oughta sadly date me but gently caress it) fan art. I learned every single secret trick in that game, I can still remember where most the secrets are hidden, I theorized, I drew maps, I lived and breathed that game. I was the annoying nerdy kid who'd get into a pissing match over who would win, Link or Batman, and so on and so on. I'm pretty sure everyone had a game or movie or cartoon or whatever they got obsessed with a kid. Most people thankfully grow out of it. I did.

These guys.. don't. They end up glomming onto whatever franchise hits their liking - Anime, Star Wars, Star Trek, ponies, furry poo poo, whatever they find themselves interested in - and then everything has to be relevant. The worst ones end up basically building their own identity around this imaginary world they love. Every other game or movie has to be viewed by the lense of the One True Truth. Everything is better with ponies, etc etc etc. Real world becomes a distraction from their favored fantasy, and therefore nothing is real unless they can somehow inject anime girls into it.

In short, it's a childish, unhealthy obsession taken to its extreme. It's healthy to find and enjoy something you like - whether it's sports or games or whatever. Basing your very identity around it? Not so much.

Well, keep in mind it's usually not the same guys doing this. I would imagine it's not "EVERYTHING MUST BE INFECTED WITH MY FAVORITE GAME SERIES, AR TONELICO," it's more like "I'm getting bored of the textures in CoD, lemme throw some animes on there."

Like, every space game on the market has a Star Trek mod, but it's not one guy making them because everything that's not Star Trek is worthless, it's just that a bunch of people like both things and decide to mix them, and I think most of the weirdo anime people would readily admit that it's pointless.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Please, like there was a way to improve on the inherent sexiness of the boomer. (please share)

Thanks, now I want to see someone make a Fat Bastard boomer model.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Rectus posted:

Thanks, now I want to see someone make a Fat Bastard boomer model.

I want a Mike Meyers Modpack

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Danaru posted:

I remember downloading Johnny Bravo voice packs for Baldur's Gate II and thinking it was the height of comedy.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

AfricanBootyShine posted:

I remember downloading Johnny Bravo voice packs for Baldur's Gate II and thinking it was the height of comedy.

it is

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fan of Britches

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
I'm pretty sure the best L4D mod is still the Jaden Smith Tweet Graffiti.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Ripper Swarm posted:

I'm pretty sure the best L4D mod is still the Jaden Smith Tweet Graffiti.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I don't know why but the fact that the pistols have been replaced with the Fallout 3 N99 pistols make that dinosaur image so so much weirder.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

You're all wrong, the best Left 4 Dead mod is Left 4 Bazinga, which replaces every texture and sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjdxragMip4

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moon Slayer posted:

You're all wrong, the best Left 4 Dead mod is Left 4 Bazinga, which replaces every texture and sound.

You're not supposed to post something known to induce suicide just to MAKE IT STOOPPPP :suicide:.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

aniviron posted:

I don't know why but the fact that the pistols have been replaced with the Fallout 3 N99 pistols make that dinosaur image so so much weirder.

I added those mods, played the game for a bit, then stopped for a few years, forgetting all about them.

Imagine my surprise when I started the game up on a whim to be greeted by THAT.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Moon Slayer posted:

Holy poo poo, they even replaced the blood splatter :allears:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
So you know how people make mods for Dark Souls where they replace the 'YOU DIED' text with something like 'git gud' or 'Thanks Obama'?

Well, uh, I made one, but I put a slightly different spin on it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You're not supposed to post something known to induce suicide just to MAKE IT STOOPPPP :suicide:.

Every time I watch it I think that this must be what the world looks like to someone with severe schizophrenia.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Max Wilco posted:

So you know how people make mods for Dark Souls where they replace the 'YOU DIED' text with something like 'git gud' or 'Thanks Obama'?

I like this.

I also like "YOU TRIED".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

I clicked the link and while it was loading I was suddenly expecting it to be :ramsay:

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Left 4 Dead 2 Workshop is a source of great amusement. I've been playing it a bit with my buddies recently and boy oh boy did we mod ourselves into oblivion.

So how about a mod that chages the Jockey voicelines into Billy May's? Or maybe you'd like you to get a loving heart attack every time a Charger rushes you with extremely loud Thomas The Tank Engine Theme? Speaking of Boomer mod, why not go with another lovable fat rear end in a top hat, namely Big Smoke (complete with a soundpack).

And now into the much more bizzare teritorry, I don't know which one of these was the first, but it might have been the one replacing the Witch with a Sandwitch or the one chaging the Tank into a Burger Tank, but now there's a whole collection of assorted "replace zombies with food" mods and it's all awesome :allears: Almost as good as my second most favourite mod I'm using, the Pipebomb Chicken.

For the awesome ones, have The Doom Super Shotgun. I think that there is enough mods to play Doom in L4D2, which as this thread knows is a measure of worth for any game. And the Cat Gun which is hands down the best mod I've seen, animations and all. The sounds get a bit droning after you play with it but come on that reload animation aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I've seen the cat before, but I never realized she had a targeting laser on her collar and iron sights between her ears. :3:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

And the smoke texture and the boomer bile splatter :perfect:

pr0zac
Jan 18, 2004

~*lukecagefan69*~

Pillbug

CommissarMega posted:

Seems like a good place to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji9qSuQapFY

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

There is only one true way to play L4D(2):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Agents are GO! posted:

There is only one true way to play L4D(2):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMqPG4S80bo

:colbert:

What I love about this sound replacement is that it's legitimately terrifying. It's silly yet also still kind of fits the game?