Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

SHOAH NUFF posted:

shETHER is a lot like the original, trying too hard (No Frauds kinda sucks too) Takeover was 100000x the better track, Jay obviously wrote it in 20 minutes laughing and hitting an L whereas Nas pored over his weirdly specific bars for months

Do you people actually understand rap or nah

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Didn't "Supa Ugly" have a line about leaving the condom on Nas' kid's car seat? Cause that's the poo poo that cuts deep. That's why I thought it was great that shETHER has the verses about Nicki's rear end implants and her pederast brother, it's real poo poo and all you can do is downplay or deflect it.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Marching Powder posted:

when this person wrote an entire song about someone he cared to much, and this is uncool. in stark contrast, when this other person wrote an entire song about someone but he didn't really care probably, this is cool. sick even. very cool. anyway hope that clears things up class dismissed

hahahaha

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Boywhiz88 posted:

Didn't "Supa Ugly" have a line about leaving the condom on Nas' kid's car seat? Cause that's the poo poo that cuts deep. That's why I thought it was great that shETHER has the verses about Nicki's rear end implants and her pederast brother, it's real poo poo and all you can do is downplay or deflect it.

Yea thats what made the poo poo so hard. She really has no response to that

edit: Also lol at her challenging Remy to drop a hit in 72 hours when Nicki hadnt had one in like 2 years

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 11, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

RBX posted:

Do you people actually understand rap or nah

I just skim through it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
People who think Ether > Takeover the same kinda dudes that put Eminem in top 5 lists and sweat Wu Tang for the comic book references

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

People who think Ether > Takeover the same kinda dudes that put Eminem in top 5 lists and sweat Wu Tang for the comic book references

Life is harsh hug me don't reject me

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

can you pinpoint when rap attained perfection and elaborate on it at length? i'm too busy jacking of to eminem to listen to real rap and i haven a passing interest in being perceived as real on online message boards so your thoughts would be appreciated.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

I'm as much of a Jay Stan as possible but Ether is 10/10 song. Even if it is a lot of kind of cheap potshots. Takeover is 10/10 too though. Jay apologizing for the line about the condom on the baby seat deducts some points from that line. Which is a Shame because it's amazing. Best part of takeover is the non-acknowledging acknowledging of mobb deep.

Best song in that feud is Blueprint 2 to me. Best attack of character

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
PayPal me and I'll write up a nice email

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

I'm as much of a Jay Stan as possible but Ether is 10/10 song. Even if it is a lot of kind of cheap potshots. Takeover is 10/10 too though. Jay apologizing for the line about the condom on the baby seat deducts some points from that line. Which is a Shame because it's amazing. Best part of takeover is the non-acknowledging acknowledging of mobb deep.

Best song in that feud is Blueprint 2 to me. Best attack of character

Yeah the line at mobb deep is vicious, and they are probably my favorite 90s group outside of UGK

Ether is just eh...making fun of a dudes looks? :lol:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol at anything Jay Z doing coming anywhere close to Ether.

There's a reason Remy's track was called Shether and not Shakeover.

Not that it matters because Jay and Nas both exposed themselves as frauds by claiming bff status after all that poo poo talking.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Cause a nigga wear a Kufi it don't mean that he bright
Cause you don't understand him it don't mean that nice, it just means you don't ignore all the bullshit that he writes
Is it oochie Wally Wally or is it one mic
Is it black girl lost or shorty owe you for ice

Vs

You a dick riding human being you love the attention

Both are A+ disses just very different

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
To me the best diss rapper is 50 cent so I guess my opinions are off in general but I prefer funny disses to angry ones

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

ruddiger posted:

lol at anything Jay Z doing coming anywhere close to Ether.

What about Jay signing Nas?

ruddiger posted:

There's a reason Remy's track was called Shether and not Shakeover.

Yep. Nas making ether and Stan full on words in pop culture vocabulary is definitely a point toward Nas.

ruddiger posted:

Not that it matters because Jay and Nas both exposed themselves as frauds by claiming bff status after all that poo poo talking.

But yeah kind of. I don't really expect or want 40 year old rappers dissing each other but it's pretty funny. Also Jay featuring Nas on awful songs (BBC) so he can't wash him is pretty funny but also pretty eyerolly

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

ruddiger posted:

Wasn't "I Declare War" like 5 years after the fact? I'm willing to say those guys probably grew up a bit in that time period. Like, if Gucci and Jeezy made peace tomorrow, it doesn't downplay that Gucci killed Jeezy's boy and then mocked him about it on tracks for years.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

To me the best diss rapper is 50 cent so I guess my opinions are off in general but I prefer funny disses to angry ones

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=UZAVVh4VcX4

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Cams gotta be your second favorite then right?

Hate me now remix
You gotta love it
Show you how remix
And I guess the one where he makes fun of Stan spits dead mother but uh

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Cam yeah, speaking of rappers that have buried Nas

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

More excited about a new Rick Ross album than Drake but more new music is always good.

That Nas album is never coming out. I'm sure he is working in new bars about Trump. What is Cam up to? New York seems quiet outside of Young MA or I missed something.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Oh drat I haven't seen anything about new Ross. Awesome, awesome, awesome. And new Gibbs at end of March.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The random old man Irish pub I was in tonight was playing the new future HENDRXX album I was shocked.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

Housh posted:

More excited about a new Rick Ross album than Drake but more new music is always good.

That Nas album is never coming out. I'm sure he is working in new bars about Trump. What is Cam up to? New York seems quiet outside of Young MA or I missed something.

French is always doing something good

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Yeah new Ross album has a pretty promising feature list. Thugger, Future, Gucci, Nas, heaps more

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i like the new Your Old Droog surprisingly a lot

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

Gay Horney posted:

i like the new Your Old Droog surprisingly a lot

link some

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJLceusXPxs

GoldfishStew
Feb 25, 2017

ASK ME ABOUT BEING A GROWNUP WHO FUCKS A REAL DOLL

RBX posted:

I guess since Remy isn't a soft crossover rapper y'all somehow haven't seen it.

This poo poo harder than Nicky and Remy Ma combined drat

https://youtu.be/m_71q5lVEjc

GoldfishStew fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Mar 11, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

monkeu posted:

reeeeekt

that poo poo is cringe worthy

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

baram. posted:

link some

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=379qbB7sNck

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 11, 2017

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Ohh Behaaaaaaaaave

Vs

You a dick riding human being you love the attention

Both are A+ disses just very different

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
new Frank on iTunes, here's a mirror while it lasts https://clyp.it/031ngfkc

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

new Frank on iTunes, here's a mirror while it lasts https://clyp.it/031ngfkc

this is so so good

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Also here's a remix with Rocky https://soundcloud.com/myguyprettylikeagirl/frank-ocean-chanel-remix-feat-asap-rocky

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZd6O64eGqU

For 100 shots, I heard you paid 100 stacks
Hope you got your receipt, go and get your hunnid back

:pusheen: IT'S DOLPH

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Lil Yachty at a festival tonight during some downtime.

Lil Yachty is loving trash.

If I never have to hear the words "lil boat" again, it'll be too soon.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Angryhead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZd6O64eGqU

For 100 shots, I heard you paid 100 stacks
Hope you got your receipt, go and get your hunnid back

:pusheen: IT'S DOLPH

man dolph has been loving killing it lately

question: has anyone heard rocky on a feature and just wish he wasn't there? i haven't.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

Boywhiz88 posted:

:vince:

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=33dUF-E3QZU

When "Get Smoked" came out, I figured Lil Mouse would either disappear or end up in some kind of hosed up situation. It's pretty cool he's still doing his thing.

unfairly ignored this is good music

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

5 RING SHRIMP posted:

Cams gotta be your second favorite then right?

Hate me now remix
You gotta love it
Show you how remix
And I guess the one where he makes fun of Stan spits dead mother but uh

Don't forget take em to church and CUUURRRTISSS but yeah cam's the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I thought she was Young MA lol

You live in loving Scotland, dude. I'm amazed that you even know what rap is over there.

Do you know who Papoose is?

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Mar 11, 2017