Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Ok, adding (and gently caress that owl!) to the thread title was good.

Also adding my own "gently caress TNA" to the pile. What a joke of a promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol @ suing senor benjamin

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MinibarMatchman posted:

how is this a "meltdown" when she's right about all this poo poo

nice meltdown

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bill Goldberg posted:

how much time does rovert have for Russo to be officially announced before he eats that probation

iirc Jerusalem took one look at the taping spoilers and accepted he's there already so it's off. Wasn't that hard a call to make

If the new guard has as much sense as the old guard, don't expect an announcement until someone in back inevitably fucks it up, makes it public, and ruins everything. Even Russo is currently on the record refusing to go further than saying he and Jarrett have exchanged emails, which establishes regular contact

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

A lawsuit against the only act that ever got you positive buzz is a great business decision in a long line of great business decisions

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

A lawsuit against the only act that ever got you positive buzz is a great business decision in a long line of great business decisions

It's true. Why would anyone be motivated to try anything in this company if this is how they treat the one loving thing that's been remotely successful or even noteworthy in the past two or three years.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's true. Why would anyone be motivated to try anything in this company if this is how they treat the one loving thing that's been remotely successful or even noteworthy in the past two or three years.

Especially crippling coming off the loss/treatment of Corgan, who far more people it seems liked working under than ever did with Jarrett or Dixie

That morale

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

flashy_mcflash posted:

the honor of working with wrestling's greatest genius Vince Russo

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

She's gone too far.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Tokamak posted:

She's gone too far.

delete the owl

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I want a supercut of the references

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Please, dear God, have TNA sue Maxel Hardy for his gimmick of being 1 1/2 years old.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Will TNA get custody of Maxel?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Midnightghoul posted:

Will TNA get custody of Maxel?

Only if it's a Custody Papers on a Pole match.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

ShadowedFlames posted:

Maxel no-shows the match, is replaced by the owl

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Martian Buddy posted:

Maxel no-shows the match, is replaced by the owl

Somehow Maxel still wins.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

ShadowedFlames posted:

since Russo is back, there's a pretty solid chance of that match happening

Tokyo Sexwale fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Mar 11, 2017

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
Rovert, I may or may not have said something in this thread or the last thread about you talking nonsense about the possibility of Russo being back. If I didn't, then I probably at least thought you were.

With how that show went, and with this thread being the most popular a TNA thread has been in months, I apologise for saying and/or thinking that because ideas this bad have to be Russo.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
goddamn people doubting rovert

if the things he says come true, then he was right
if they dont, then his sources were wrong

rovert would never do bad by us

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Wrestling birds (in order of coolness and goodness):

The Swagger Soaring Eagle
Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Crow that terrified Eric Buischoff
The Unnamed Impact Owl

Discuss.

Edit: I am a moron who cannot differentiate between birds and have eagles on the brain.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Mar 11, 2017

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Unnamed Impact Eagle

Discuss.

Do you not know what owls are, or...?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Unnamed Impact Eagle

Discuss.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Whoops. Duly edited.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

SamuraiFoochs posted:

its a bird, like an eagle. theyre almost identical except eagles can turn their heads 180 degrees

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have officially found one person online who thinks TNA can actually own the gimmick. It is he, The Stupidest Person.

Like maybe, MAYBE they own the name. POSSIBLY. TNA can't possibly own "talks in a certain accent, rambles incoherently, talks about Seven Deities." Good loving luck, idiots.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Frankie
The GobbledyGooker
The Unnamed Impact Owl

Discuss.

Edit: I am a moron who cannot differentiate between birds and have eagles on the brain.

I was watching an old Nitro the other day and Bischoff sold for a vulture. I guess he doesn't like birds in general.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Like maybe, MAYBE they own the name. POSSIBLY. TNA can't possibly own "talks in a certain accent, rambles incoherently, talks about Seven Deities." Good loving luck, idiots.

If Steve Austin went to TNA tomorrow, he would have to be "Steve Austin". No mention of "Stone Cold", no mention of "3:16", no "gimme a hell yeah", no "what?", no "and that's the bottom line because stone cold said so", etc.

All that stuff was created while he worked in WWE and it remains WWE's intellectual property

Remember when Booker T jumped to TNA and wanted to continue the "King Booker" gimmick with Sharmell without actually calling himself that? He changed his accent from that of a royal aristocrat to that of an African King. He sounded retarded, but he did it because he knew WWE would sue him otherwise

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

If Steve Austin went to TNA tomorrow, he would have to be "Steve Austin". No mention of "Stone Cold", no mention of "3:16", no "gimme a hell yeah", no "what?", no "and that's the bottom line because stone cold said so", etc.

All that stuff was created while he worked in WWE and it remains WWE's intellectual property

Remember when Booker T jumped to TNA and wanted to continue the "King Booker" gimmick with Sharmell without actually calling himself that? He changed his accent from that of a royal aristocrat to that of an African King. He sounded retarded, but he did it because he knew WWE would sue him otherwise

Okay but even IF that''s the case, what in the gently caress is TNA's endgame here and how could it POSSIBLY end well for them in any way?

Also Austin would absolutely still have his diction. You can't loving copyright an accent.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Mar 11, 2017

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Okay but even IF that''s the case, what in the gently caress is TNA's endgame here and how could it POSSIBLY end well for them in any way?

We've been asking this about TNA for years.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Make the Hardys buy the gimmick from them

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

EugeneJ posted:

Make the Hardys buy the gimmick from them

Hahahaha it's official, TNA is The Lowest Rent.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I got around to watching the new Impact episode, and it is dire. RAW looks like the A-show next to this. I don't know how anyone can watch this show week after week, let alone call themselves a fan.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
More than ever, now would be the time for TNA to decide to pursue young indie talent that isn't interested in / can't get signed to NXT. They already do blocks of tapings where going in for three or four days can get you weeks of TV time, and it's not like Orlando is the middle of nowhere. Sign them to 3-month and/or per-appearance deals, if someone catches fire talk long-term.

Instead they bring in Russo and Jarrett with their FRESH AND INNOVATIVE IDEAS, slash the pay rates for wrestlers, bring out a bunch of old guys to poo poo all over the last few years of the product and name drop all the people who left and are now big stars in NXT/WWE, and throw the title to Alberto Del Rio with a clusterfuck finish.

And gently caress THAT OWL.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

You can't copywrite an accent, nor mannerisms etc. But you can copywrite a name and a catchphrase.

So perhaps TNA owns "Broken Matt Hardy", and "Saarsgaad", and "Vanguard 1", (misspelling intentional) etc. But Matt can do exactly the same shtick just calling himself "Cracked Matt Hardy" and align himself with "Sibling Nero" etc.

TNA could maybe have a case if they really wanted to try, but considering the Taz vs Tazz situation, and thet Jeff is Matts brother, and his name is Nero, I doubt they could win even if Matt starts calling him "my Brother Nero"

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 11, 2017

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I find it pretty shocking how this company hasn't gone out of business yet. It's amazing, to me, how this company keeps finding people to fund it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Reminder that when TNA had no loving money to do tapings, Matt literally let them do a show in his house.

I know it's a different regime but goddamn you would think doing the promotion that kind of a favor buys the teensiest bit of. I dunno, basic respect.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Mar 11, 2017

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

VJeff posted:

Reminder that when TNA had no loving money to do tapings, Matt literally let them do a show in his house.

I know it's a different regime but goddamn you would think doing the promotion that kind of a favor buys the teensiest bit of. I dunno, basic respect.

Jarrett drunk dialling his lawyer.

"Cracked Matt Hardy"

"7 Deities that you won't believe had super accurate premonitions."

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm kind of surprised. This was probably the company's last chance to get a legitimate fresh start, scrub away bad memories, and actually move forward as a real grown-up wrestling promotion.

Instead they bring back all the old hacks who tanked the company the last time, rehash the same tired "we're not WWE" talking points that just remind people how low-rent they really are, do a loving announcer feud that buries the actual in-ring wrestling, and put the belt on a WWE washout in literally his first night. Jesus take the wheel.

Who the hell will watch after this? Especially now that the Hardys are gone? Not since late-era WCW have I seen a more disastrous attempt at a "reset."

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I thought Matt filed the copywrite for Broken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

'We're not WWE, we're somehow even more poo poo!'

• Locked thread