Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Commercially successful for sure.
##vote SirScumVimes

How the gently caress has this guy played 80+ games and this was not an alias for him in votefinder yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I realize I'm a young genius, climbing the corporate ladder out of this mail room fast as the eye can see, but am I the first to think of that?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springtime_for_Hitler

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I could have sworn that had been used to vote for me before.

also jesus christ have I really played 80+ games

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

kumba (1): GulagDolls
Grandicap (1): Asiina
SirSamVimes (1): KhyrosFinalCut
GulagDolls (0): KhyrosFinalCut, KhyrosFinalCut

Not Voting (10): CCKeane, garthoneeye, got some chores tonight, Grandicap, King Burgundy, kumba, Li Dawny, Rarity, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes

There are 13 living players. Elimination occurs at 7 votes!

The current deadline is March 12th, 2017 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 23 hours.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I'm only interested in voting out people who's musicals have patter songs.

If someone wants to own up to that so we can boot you, that would be great, tia

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Sorry, I'm patter free.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know what that means

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i googled it, had no idea there was a term for that. i learned something today

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross posted:

I'm only interested in voting out people who's musicals have patter songs.

If someone wants to own up to that so we can boot you, that would be great, tia

My musical has a patter song, it's not Gilbert and Sullivan though. And it isn't one of the song(s) I have power(s) for.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Grandicap posted:

My musical has a patter song, it's not Gilbert and Sullivan though. And it isn't one of the song(s) I have power(s) for.

Oh no, I lied, my power is a patter song. There are 2 in my musical. The horror.

Also, what do you have against them? This is a patter song and it is fantastic.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Why hello sir's and ma'am's.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Does sweet rap verse count as patter?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grandicap posted:

Oh no, I lied, my power is a patter song. There are 2 in my musical. The horror.

Also, what do you have against them? This is a patter song and it is fantastic.

Maybe I'm just jealous I don't have a patter song... I think. I don't actually know anything about my musical.

Asiina posted:

Does sweet rap verse count as patter?

Sure, why not?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Good god, Monorail is a patter song.
This blasphemy cannot stand, ##vote Mithross

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote dawny egregious grocer's apostrophes

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Let us content game to get this going.

If you got to make a masonry with someone in this game, who would you make it with and why?

I would have made one with KB before he replaced out, because we both are of the opinion that masonries work better when they are treated as essentially confirmed town masonries and rather take the risk of being wrong. He and I think similarly so it would be nice to bounce ideas off each other for the game.

I would probably like to be in a masonry with Rarity, but I think she may be too suspicious of me to be open in it because she is a suspicious person.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd make one with Keane and gulag called the Cool Kids Club but then they'd kick me out

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Asiina posted:

If you got to make a masonry with someone in this game, who would you make it with and why?

I would have made one with KB before he replaced out, because we both are of the opinion that masonries work better when they are treated as essentially confirmed town masonries and rather take the risk of being wrong. He and I think similarly so it would be nice to bounce ideas off each other for the game.

I would probably like to be in a masonry with Rarity, but I think she may be too suspicious of me to be open in it because she is a suspicious person.

Sure I like games.

I would've gone with grandicap cause he and I have thought tremendously alike in the past and he's hammered on things I've noticed and dismissed and but been right the first time. Or you cause Hamilton is my most listened to musical lately.

Mithross posted:

Maybe I'm just jealous I don't have a patter song... I think. I don't actually know anything about my musical.

have a listen to at least a relevant song or two. I hadn't listened to one of the songs since I student directed the show I picked in high school.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Mithross, I hate you, I went on a 2 hour youtube delve with patter songs last night.

Mason game, I would pick either Keane or KFC.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

And the why, KFC for pretty much the reasons he said, we tend to think on the same wavelength, and having someone to bounce ideas off of without the filter is nice.
Keane because I enjoy talking to Keane.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

have a listen to at least a relevant song or two. I hadn't listened to one of the songs since I student directed the show I picked in high school.

I probably should. This game is going to force me to be more cultured, I guess.

Asiina posted:

Grandicap posted:

Mithross, I hate you, I went on a 2 hour youtube delve with patter songs last night.

Mason game, I would pick either Keane or KFC.

Well now I have to pick Grandi. The more I can destroy someone's life the better.

(That or Asiina. She has good thought processes, and also always thinks I'm scummy. It would be nice to work together)

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Today was my kid's 5th birthday party, we did it at a trampoline place. It exercised muscles I didn't know I had. I hurt now. It was super fun though.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I'll tell you who I wouldn't mason: Kumba. What's the point of having a confirmed masonry with someone if they're just going to die, of age, during the game.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Grandicap posted:

Today was my kid's 5th birthday party, we did it at a trampoline place. It exercised muscles I didn't know I had. I hurt now. It was super fun though.

Your five year old has the same birthday as my eight year old.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

They just opened one here and we went last week. I felt very old

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Li Dawny posted:

Your five year old has the same birthday as my eight year old.

Today isn't his birthday, just the party :)

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Grandicap posted:

I remember congratulating you on having the kid. Time flies.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I remember congratulating you on having the kid. Time flies.

I know, right? He's going to kindergarten next year.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
##vote rarity I like talking about musicals more than not talking about musicals.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Is rarity in this game?

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Grandicap posted:

Is rarity in this game?

Thus saith the player list and deadline is tonight.

Also, who wants to go to a party? $25 and you're in.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Wowie

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
hello

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I will now offer a concrete opinion to the thread, doubtlessly creating vast fields and amber waves of stimulating discussion.

gently caress daylight savings. It is a blight upon the Earth.

Thank you for reading and considering my well sculpted thought process. I hope it provokes many interesting ideas for each of you today.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Mithross posted:

I will now offer a concrete opinion to the thread, doubtlessly creating vast fields and amber waves of stimulating discussion.

gently caress daylight savings. It is a blight upon the Earth.

Thank you for reading and considering my well sculpted thought process. I hope it provokes many interesting ideas for each of you today.

I wholeheartedly agree. Let's just roll back 30 minutes next time and then forget this poo poo ever happened.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I do like going home when it's light out though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Musicals are cool and good imo.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wow look at this kissass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

I spent a good 73% of my day bitching about losing the one hour of sleep, knowing full well that I chose to stay up and watch Adventure Time.

• Locked thread