Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

https://melmagazine.com/have-you-encountered-the-cuckboi-bf5bab9651c9#.qjj5w8dml

quote:

The cuckboi is a male feminist who makes fun of male feminists who publicly identify as male feminists.

Someones not a fan of the dry boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Lol what even is this article

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
an attempt to conflate the behavior of (at most) a few dozen random weirdos on twitter with a major societal trend?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

amanda marcotte getting super salty these days

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Been catching up on chapo eps i missed since Christmas. The episode with Adam Friedland talking about getting a blowjob from a Russian sex worker with braces while on an Israel trip, then only being able to eat a single shwarma a day for food is AAA-stuff

Ditto the remembering of election night with Will proclaiming this was just like the photo of the sad French people in WW2

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Media people has this weird obsession with confusing Twitter with real life

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
holy gently caress the turkish government paid flynn 500 grand to discredit gulen

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

John Romero posted:

holy gently caress the turkish government paid flynn 500 grand to discredit gulen

apparently one of the work products was a gulen-themed monopoly graphic (i'm guessing monopoly as in the board game)

I don't know how to find this graphic but it sounds great

btw, I think Alana Hope Levinson is actually a fan

https://twitter.com/alanalevinson/status/839544293865881600

emdash fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Mar 10, 2017

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://samkriss.com/2015/10/18/a-portrait-of-the-person-guy/

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The Narrator posted:

Been catching up on chapo eps i missed since Christmas. The episode with Adam Friedland talking about getting a blowjob from a Russian sex worker with braces while on an Israel trip, then only being able to eat a single shwarma a day for food is AAA-stuff

Ditto the remembering of election night with Will proclaiming this was just like the photo of the sad French people in WW2

The "Iron Dome" joke had me nearly crashing my car

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
So when men write an article about a "type" of woman that is obviously just them freaking out about their ex, people tend to call that out, right?

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

There is an article in I think a Turkish rag that talks about the PPG ep of chapo where they call PPG a terrorist that says the Kurds want to invade Turkey. That's about what I could make out from google translate.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

The "Iron Dome" joke had me nearly crashing my car

I was listening to that at work yesterday and nearly lost it

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

John Romero posted:

Wow Flynns' alot cheaper than I thought he'd be.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

500k buys a lot of racist lawn ornaments

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Publicly and loud #woke male feminists always turn out to be terrible abusers or incredible broken sadbrains.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Sandweed posted:

Publicly and loud #woke male feminists always turn out to be terrible abusers or incredible broken sadbrains.

Truth. They're usually just second order nice guys white knighting.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
I just women to know I'm a good guy is that so wrong

*DMs my dick to every woman that follows me*

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Sandweed posted:

it's not just male feminists. theres a thing in leftist groups rn where the loudest, most narcissistic and abusive people push themselves to the forefront, take over mod positions in facebook groups + other social media, and abuse their positions of authority to sexually or otherwise harass people in the community. women, men, trans and otherwise, all do this.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Sandweed posted:

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Under the vegetable posted:

it's not just male feminists. theres a thing in leftist groups rn where the loudest, most narcissistic and abusive people push themselves to the forefront, take over mod positions in facebook groups + other social media, and abuse their positions of authority to sexually or otherwise harass people in the community. women, men, trans and otherwise, all do this.

I've seen this to be anecdotally true of several groups I've been part of, but its also true of a lot more groups that I've been part of that spend most of their time on the internet. I think its more a consequence of the nature of social media and the protections offered by anonymity that facilitates a "he-said, she-said" cloud that helps perpetuate abuse.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bangbus history y'all

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I mean the whole be overly leftist to get laid stereotype has been around forever. That was pretty much what fritz the cat was satirizing back in the 70's.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/MahirZeynalov/status/839613372261941248

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

the rate at which Chapo is warping reality is starting to frighten me

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

I listened to the Mike Duncan podcasts about the French Revolution not too long ago, so I think the latest bonus episode is pretty interesting.

SMERSH Mouth fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Mar 11, 2017

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

The Duelists is good Chapo review fodder... but if only Code Name: K.O.Z. were on Netflix or FilmStruck...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWcFu24tcgs

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Ron Jeremy posted:

Bangbus history y'all

Little Corporal Save-A-Ho

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

emdash posted:

btw, I think Alana Hope Levinson is actually a fan

That's how I read it. I thought it was mostly tongue in cheek with a slight hint of the female version of this:

Halloween Jack posted:

So when men write an article about a "type" of woman that is obviously just them freaking out about their ex, people tend to call that out, right?

Sandweed posted:

Or both in Kilstein's case.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

People jumped on Katie Helper making a series of tweets that was her "heavy-handedly parodying" a response to Bernie Sanders objecting to political correctness (Even tho you could tell on the interview he wasn't fully grasping the concept so it wasn't like if he suddenly decided autistic or non-binary people were subhuman or whatever the gently caress) and thought she suddenly was against Bernie EVEN THO THE LITERAL FIRST TWEET WAS HER SAYING "I DROPPED MY LATTE". Folk can be thick at times.

I don't really shake my stick at "male feminists" because sometimes that tag gets hit for folk who either were just defending a friend or aren't just fully performative (to the point I'm seeing Chapo Fans go after people who meet all criteria of Dirtbag Leftist save for objecting to some of their material once). Super vary of "Virtual Signaling" type accusations.

Kunster fucked around with this message at 14:05 on Mar 11, 2017

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Kunster posted:

People jumped on Katie Helper making a series of tweets that was her "heavy-handedly parodying" a response to Bernie Sanders objecting to political correctness (Even tho you could tell on the interview he wasn't fully grasping the concept so it wasn't like if he suddenly decided autistic or non-binary people were subhuman or whatever the gently caress) and thought she suddenly was against Bernie EVEN THO THE LITERAL FIRST TWEET WAS HER SAYING "I DROPPED MY LATTE". Folk can be thick at times.

what

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

She's the host of that live show that happened to be "the first live show" that was livestreamed around the time they started.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

It's ok, I speak twitter.

It's hard to get a read on irony posts, and people tend to go after (drag) twitter people for saying something that gets mistaken for sincerity or tarring them with a brush when they're defending a friend online. Bernie Sanders has his heart in the right place but has made some clumsy statements on recent issues like representation for example that liberal types jumped on to show that he was racist. Katie Halper is a leftist podcast host (and Chapo guest) who apparently was parodying this leading to a misunderstanding.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
It's cause Twitter's garbage people

It's the worst, I hope no one buys it and it disappears and everyone looks back on it like we do Blockbusters

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grondoth posted:

It's the worst, I hope no one buys it and it disappears and everyone looks back on it like we do Blockbusters

We wouldn't have this show if it weren't for the wonders of twitter

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Grondoth posted:

I deleted it from my phone and it was a fantastic decision

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
At least it's pretty easy to explain to a kid today what Blockbuster was and what service it provided to the world.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
"So before Netflix existed, the price of movies was that you had to go to a store to get the movie on a disc--like a big, flat flash drive--and you had to listen to an employee ask you if you'd like to buy some stale popcorn or some candy for the same prices they charge for candy in the theatre."

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Halloween Jack posted:

"So before Netflix existed, the price of movies was that you had to go to a store to get the movie on a disc--like a big, flat flash drive--and you had to listen to an employee ask you if you'd like to buy some stale popcorn or some candy for the same prices they charge for candy in the theatre."

"And sometimes the movie you wanted wasn't even there!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012