Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

That was surprisingly anticlimactic, had Thurman 8-4 or 7-5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I just got home in time for the ninth round and all I really saw was Thurman running.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I think that could be a draw, but i hope Thurman wins

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Yeah I just got home in time for the ninth round and all I really saw was Thurman running.

Thurman pretty much dominated up to that point. De La Hoya Trinidad decision coming?

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I should've gone to bed

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

From what I saw in those last three rounds I think I still wouldn't pick Thurman over Pacquiao. Manny would have cut the ring off a lot better than Garcia was doing.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

aaaaaand that was a great job by Jimmy to keep the suspense going

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

balancedbias posted:

aaaaaand that was a great job by Jimmy to keep the suspense going

Haha, I was thinking everything he could say still meant either guy unless he mentioned a city.

I think the right guy won, but I think Thurman hosed up the last few rounds badly.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Not sure about a split decision, but at least the right guy won. Get in One Time

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Can't really disagree with any of those cards outright, but I may have had it a draw myself

Keith shouldn't have slept on those last two rounds

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

meat CRime posted:

Not sure about a split decision, but at least the right guy won. Get in One Time

I'd have no complaints if Garcia got that decision, Thurman hosed up there, it was a close fight

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I do think Thurman overdid his adjustments a little bit. The first few rounds were probably a little more than ideal in terms of exchanges, so the adjustment to move made sense. He just had some success with it and nearly gave the advantage away in the last quarter of the fight on his bicycle.

Having said all that, I do wonder if this is more of Thurman's style going forward. Garcia probably does have a good chin, but this is a few guys in a row, where I don't think he damaged fighters as much as he would have expected with his power.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Bellew is claiming he broke his right hand in the second or third round. What a calamity of a fight lol

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Bring on Thurman vs the winner of Brook/Spence.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I'm an idiot who forgot to bookmark the new thread. What's been good so far this year while I've been working nights and unable to watch fights that I totally need to go torrent ASAP?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Mikey Garcia had a fun KO if you are in to that. Breazeale v Ugonoh was a fun heavyweight fight. Pretty much the Boxing After Dark card on Jan 28 - Vargas V Berchelt and Miura v Roman.

Thurman Garcia was interesting tension wise, but not a ton of all out action. Frampton v Cruz is also probably worth a watch.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Jack-DeGale was good

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Haye-Bellew if you fancy an insight into what Saturday morning at 3am in Most parts of the UK looks like.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Thrifting Day! posted:

Haye-Bellew if you fancy an insight into what Saturday morning at 3am in Most parts of the UK looks like.

It was incredible.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
I was actually expecting Haye to get euthanized at one point it was that bad. Was begging for bellew to just sweep his good leg away and laugh at him (not really but he should've done)

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Apparently Demetrius Andrade is fighting some German guy in Germany for the WBA "regular" title this Saturday. Crazy how badly that guy's career has gone the last couple years. In another universe, he's headlining PPVs by now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The German guy is question is Jack Culcay, who you might know as the interim titleholder.

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
If Andrade wins he becomes Lara's (presumed) mandatory fwiw.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Boo Boo has had some trouble, but his career is hardly a trainwreck and this Culcay fight is a good step for him imo.

For me its more that his career has really stalled since he first burst on the scene. In many ways it seems like its starting to mirror what happened to Gamboa (who actually is going to be on HBO as the co main to Lemieux-Stevens) a few years ago.

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 8, 2017

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Boo Boo has had some trouble, but his career is hardly a trainwreck and this Culcay fight is a good step for him imo.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
He had 1 fight in 2014, 1 fight in 2015, and 1 fight in 2016. That was after winning a world title in 2013. Since winning his title in 2013, he's fought 3 stiffs in 3 years and found himself stripped of his only title. Considering he's been a titlist since 2013, he could have gotten fights with Lara and Alvarez by now. If he won those, maybe he moves up to 160 and is in talks to fight Golovkin by now. He should be on that level of opponent. Instead he's fighting Jack Culcay, who is a total zero other than the fact that he owns a sanctioning body trinket. And Andrade has to go over to Germany to fight the guy, which means he will be seen by precious few American eyes.

Hopefully after he gets past Culcay, assuming he doesn't get robbed in Germany, he starts getting big fights immediately. There's really no excuse now, with his promotional problems out of the way and the division being pretty stacked with Alvarez, Lara, the Charlos, and now Erickson Lubin and Jarrett Hurd. His career is still salvageable, but he just lost 3 years of his prime and even after the Calcay fight, his best win will still be against Vanes Martirosyan in 2013, which means it will take him 4~ years until he fights someone as good as Martirosyan (or better). Pretty brutal.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Pacquiao vs Khan is seemingly cancelled, after it turns out the UAE offer of $38 million to make the fight happen wasn't real. Not surprising, but I was looking forward to this fight.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

$38 million to make the fight happen wasn't real.

well rejoice because i've got 39 million right here i'm just getting in touch with khan and pac's people

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

how does the uae not have that kind of money

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Something else will pop up if they find the money probably. Khan will get an hang nail, Pacquiao will realise there are gay people in the country the fight would be in and refuse to go, something else.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Jose posted:

how does the uae not have that kind of money

They do, but why the gently caress would they spend it on a past his prime former champion and Manny Pacquiao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Thrifting Day! posted:

They do, but why the gently caress would they spend it on a past his prime former champion and Manny Pacquiao

precisely because its the UAE

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Thrifting Day! posted:

Cause he's still the best welterweight gently caress the haters

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
https://twitter.com/Tyson_Fury/status/840146360926068739

Fury-Bellew now please

EDIT: Also you know what causes rapid weight loss? cocaine

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Mar 11, 2017

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Demetrius Andrade eked out an unimpressive SD against nobody Jack Culcay in Germany today; a fight that I imagine less than 100 Americans saw in real time. Lol.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It's okay, he's probably going to be in one of the 8 man tournaments Schaefer announced recently.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also David Lemieux is fighting Curtis Stevens tonight in like 3 hours

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

apologies for the triple post, but the undercard is also freely streamed on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjelM2LKmhk

E: I thought there was another undercard bout but uh, guess there isn't/

Jump King fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Mar 12, 2017

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also David Lemieux is fighting Curtis Stevens tonight in like 3 hours

this is actually a sick fight and would be worth watching if a good ufc card wasn't on

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Yeah I'm watching it. Can't imagine Lemieux and Stevens go the distance tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Everything Cigar Aficionado always posts about Demetrius Andrade can be said about Yuriorkis Gamboa

EDIT: Respect to my girl Janira for holding it down solo

https://www.instagram.com/official.janira/?hl=en

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Mar 12, 2017