Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Honkbal?
Honk!
Honk.
Honk
This joke got old last WBC.
View Results

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Inspector_666 posted:

Hey Team Mexico maybe next time don't let the catcher call of the 3B on a pop-up in foul territory?

It's the catcher's ball if he wants it. So yeah it's basically on him to not do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
That Baez homer swing was also loving beautiful.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Josh fuckin' Zeid looks like a legitimate goddamn closer. I love him.

TEAM ISRAEL 4-0.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Awesome, Team USA 2: Jewish Edition continues to do it

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/840811211742674944

EDIT: I wonder if Pederson, Valencia, Pillar, Bregman, etc. wish they had signed on this time.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Mar 12, 2017

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
https://twitter.com/SammyHudes/status/840798909891039232

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Netherlands-Japan has been quite entertaining but it's Van den Huerk pitching, who pitches for Softbank, so it's one of the few guys you'd imagine the NPB batters actually know.

it is now the 3rd and he's about to be chased off after giving up 5, including a three-run dinger. Tokyo Dome is rocking.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Haha. Netherlands catcher walking after that wild pitch, almost giving up 2 free bags

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
This a good game. It gets so quiet when NL is batting.

It is also great how the crowd brass band plays the 'Back to the Future' theme when Aoki is up and then start his song from when he played in NPB.

ScottyJSno fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 12, 2017

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

This a good game. It gets so quiet when NL is batting

Tokyo Dome has gone up and down in volume a couple times tonight. It's also still weird for me to hear songs for a couple of the batters who aren't Giants ringing around the Dome like that too.

This is a great game though. Already running long as hell though.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Managed to tune in right at the start of the inning, ready for some extra ones y'all?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

We officially have pitching change directly into intentional walk. What more could you want?

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
So starts the last train mass exodus. Still a good game

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

There have been some great games this WBC.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
This stupid just start the inning with 1 out runners n 3rd and 2nd

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Dumb rule.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ScottyJSno posted:

This stupid just start the inning with 1 out runners n 3rd and 2nd

But what if Wlad is the leadoff hitter?

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
They should be given metal bats starting in the 15th.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Ice To Meet You posted:

But what if Wlad is the leadoff hitter?

He got taken out for a pinch runner.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

He got taken out for a pinch runner.

But what if he is?

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Bob James posted:

They should be given metal bats starting in the 15th.

Pitching machine in the 17th. Bases always loaded in the 20th.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Ice To Meet You posted:

But what if he is?

I think the Japanese manager would be sent to Korea if he didnt call a sac but in that situation.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Boo new rule. While I am glad to get to go to bed. It was very unsatisfying. I would hate for a playoff game to end this way.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Not having replay really sucks.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Carlos Santana is a bad 1B, that's the second or third time I've seen him just let a ball clunk out of his glove.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wow, and Santana just scorched a ball to RF so hard he actually got thrown out at first, but the pitcher ran to cover too and blocked the ump's view so he was called safe.

You could see rosin/dust explode off of the ball when it was hit.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Bull Durham-esque pitching in the WBC right now.

Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 12, 2017

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Tito Polo caught stealing while Dellin is pitching, and it was a hell of a throw and tag. Maybe Dellin has actually sped up his delivery a little?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Elevating my recently-sprained ankle, I'm stuck watching the game upside down. Upside down baseball is weird.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
lol, Rodney gives up a game-tying HR to Alfaro and then shoots the arrow when he gets the inning-ending K. Have some dignity, man.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If Colombia wins this game now, they probably win the group on tiebreakers even if the USA wins tonight. Then there would be a 2nd place game tomorrow.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Colombia is totally about to do this.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

That owned

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Holy poo poo, Joey Bats.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Uhh did Polo bump the ump and get ejected? It looked like two guys did, in fact.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

First they don't call the HBP for Colombia, and now they don't enforce the blocking-the-plate rule. This game is rigged!

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Are they playing with the Posey rule bc it seems like the catcher isn't allowed to take that spot anymore

Prob woulda been out regardless, was not a good decision to run

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

Are they playing with the Posey rule bc it seems like the catcher isn't allowed to take that spot anymore

Prob woulda been out regardless, was not a good decision to run

He's allowed if the throw takes him there

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Stopping in to say oh man the atmosphere for this game :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Uhh did Polo bump the ump and get ejected? It looked like two guys did, in fact.

Yup, two Colombian players ejected there.

Oh holy poo poo Polo didn't realize he got tossed and is crying as he walks off the field.

• Locked thread