Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That was like two sides arguing about who gets to keep the dumpster after all the trash has burned out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
And an owl swooped in and picked the dumpster when all the good trash was already burnt.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Testekill posted:

Join forces with another company that has no chance of upward movement and is kept around purely to fill time slots.

not really accurate

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Every now and then I remember how TNA has managed to outlive WCW and I weep

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
It's like TNA saw how WWE dealt with CM Punk and went "Heh, we can top that!"

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

triplexpac posted:

Every now and then I remember how TNA has managed to outlive WCW and I weep

At least WCW was good at times.

(I'm a fan of the early 90s period before Hogan and friends came in.)

Loved Vader just crushing fools.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

At least WCW was good at times.

(I'm a fan of the early 90s period before Hogan and friends came in.)

Loved Vader just crushing fools.

WCW in the early 90s was often as bad as TNA gets.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

and in the mid-90s

let's not forget that WCW's version of Wrestlemania, Starrcade, had a Hulk Hogan-Ed Leslie main event in 1994. That went for about 15 minutes.

Yes, OSW Review gets a shitload of laughs for reviewing the Dungeon of Doom now but at the time it was wretched.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

TNA has committed many grievous sins against wrestling but has never subjected us to 15 minutes of Hogan-Leslie.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

Nah. It was boring at times, and there was some terrible poo poo sometimes, but it was never as consistently bad as TNA.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

TNA has committed many grievous sins against wrestling but has never subjected us to 15 minutes of Hogan-Leslie.

If we're going by terrible main events people should have been refunded for seeing and the company should have never had go on in the first place, Sting/Jeff Hardy is still all time king

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whiteyfats posted:

Nah. It was boring at times, and there was some terrible poo poo sometimes, but it was never as consistently bad as TNA.

1993 is full of garbage and the only real redeeming factor of the year (Flair vs Vader) wasn't meant to happen, Sid just happened to find his scissors. 1990 is real bad too once the Black Scorpion angle starts. The first half of the year is pretty good match wise, the second half is so bad.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

If we're going by terrible main events people should have been refunded for seeing and the company should have never had go on in the first place, Sting/Jeff Hardy is still all time king

Sure, but:

1) It was shorter
2) Sting-Hardy sounds potentially good on paper, Hogan-Leslie doesn't sound good even in theory
3) Victory Road as far as I know isn't TNA's flagship PPV event - Starrcade was the first wrestling PPV ever\

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jason Sextro posted:

Sure, but:

1) It was shorter
2) Sting-Hardy sounds potentially good on paper, Hogan-Leslie doesn't sound good even in theory
3) Victory Road as far as I know isn't TNA's flagship PPV event - Starrcade was the first wrestling PPV ever\

Starrcade wasn't the first PPV. It was a closed circuit event, and it wasn't the first one of those either. Starrcade wasn't even really the flagship event, depending on the year Great American Bash was often more important.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

sting/jeff isn't even the worst match on that show

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Was that the show with the ketchup first blood match

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Only other thing I remember on that show was the #1 contender match that ended in a double countout

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

oatgan posted:

sting/jeff isn't even the worst match on that show

this is the magic of TNA

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Was that the show with the ketchup first blood match

It was.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

That electrified cage match was probably worse than Sting/Hardy too, although it's at least funny

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Only other thing I remember on that show was the #1 contender match that ended in a double countout

the match was so boring that after the finish there was a "restart the match"/"NO" dueling chant and the "no" was much much louder

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Jason Sextro posted:

That electrified cage match was probably worse than Sting/Hardy too, although it's at least funny

That was Lockdown 07 (and debatably not the worst match on that card either).

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Julio Cruz posted:

That was Lockdown 07 (and debatably not the worst match on that card either).

Lockdown 07 also had that 9 minute lovely blindfold match between Storm and Harris, for example

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bully Ray just threw down some revisionist history:

http://411mania.com/wrestling/bully-ray-says-he-almost-brought-the-character-to-wwe/

quote:

On Impact making a play for him: “At the last minute, TNA came in hard and heavy and made me a significant offer. But the way I look at it is this: If I can’t go back some place and top what I did before, then it’s kind of pointless. I’m not blowing smoke up my own rear end here, Bully Ray was the top heel in TNA. I generated ratings—me and Jeff Hardy drew TNA’s biggest house of all time at Lockdown, and I had my run with Hulk and with Sting. If you take a look at the landscape of TNA and their locker room, I don’t have anybody to top what I did before.”

He's taking credit for drawing 7,000 people in the 60,000 seat Alamodome

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Pyf TNA PPV disaster

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pyf TNA PPV disaster

MINUS. FIVE. STARS.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EugeneJ posted:

Bully Ray just threw down some revisionist history:

http://411mania.com/wrestling/bully-ray-says-he-almost-brought-the-character-to-wwe/

He's taking credit for drawing 7,000 people in the 60,000 seat Alamodome

Bubba last run in the wwe was great. An old wrestler putting over new talent. I hope ROH uses him in that way aswell.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pyf TNA PPV disaster

Sharmell vs. Survivor Jenna

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Pyf TNA PPV disaster

during the first Ultimate X match, the belt just loving fell to the mat the first or second time they ran into the posts/wires

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

The phantom ref bump in the bully ray tables match or joe getting stuck later that night.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Blasmeister posted:

The phantom ref bump in the bully ray tables match

This one is extremely drat funny

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/RebyHardy/status/840992017463283713

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lolll tna gettin sued

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
god I had forgotten how beautiful it was

https://gfycat.com/DeadlyFinishedBoar

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
Why were all of TNA's great offers they've made lately all at the last minute? That's so confusing to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

That might be the funniest gif in wrestling history.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Tato posted:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

how loving hard is it to just be the company that books that people that won't/can't work for WWE?

According to TNA, really drat hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

1993 is full of garbage and the only real redeeming factor of the year (Flair vs Vader) wasn't meant to happen, Sid just happened to find his scissors. 1990 is real bad too once the Black Scorpion angle starts. The first half of the year is pretty good match wise, the second half is so bad.

What year did Sting accept an invitation

TO THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!?!

• Locked thread