Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

Someone got real mad at me the last time I did that :\

They need to be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

Someone got real mad at me the last time I did that :\

Last time you did it was in game that was 90% solved and you kept dropping revelations that were already made. You won't have that issue here. Not that I had a problem with it then either.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Quidthulhu posted:

OK, the reread begins NOW. Where do I start, someone give me a place to begin

You're not, like, waiting for someone to name a place to begin, are you? :j:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, reading Tobbs again, I'm not feeling him for scum, sorry. I don't find his play now and his play in the space game similar here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also ##vote grandi for now.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

BottleKnight posted:

Rarity replacing out is the tiebreaker for me. ##vote rarity

I'll refer everyone to my case from yesterday, which she did not address before she left.

I like your case on the whole but I don't think the replacing out is such a big deal. Rarity does like playing scum so I have a hard time seeing her giving that up but if life is busy life is busy. Replacements are usually null tells unless it's like, meinberg.

That said, I won't vote stickup based on a Rarity case from D1. Stickup posts enough that a good read based on their own merits will be possible imo.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh, yeah, you're right.

I'm not scum this game though.

Tobbs I am interested in this post. Stickup makes a pretty good meta case on both you and MMT. You love meta and acknowledge that you believe stickup is correct. In your next post you declare MMT to be town. Why do you believe her to be town?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Also these two posts made me laugh, emphasis mine

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Same reasons as yesterday. Keane believing AA but still pushing him is icing on the meta cake.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Lol you're really wrong. After that stupid, stupid D1 though town is hosed so you may as well get rid of me.

I'm vanilla town (since everyone is gunning for me).

Is the case on me just meta anyways?

Neat.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I forgot and fell asleep :sun:

I'll read now!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Grandicap posted:

I agree with Keane here. AA's followups to the claim were lovely and cagey and scummy.

Grandicap posted:

I'm reading AA's meltdown as a town meltdown. Won't vote there unless I have to when the day ends.

Grandicap posted:

I think AA was an easy vote. There really wasn't another option put forward and noone was pushing for other options. The reaction to your pushing on the role stuff was awkward, but we know he flipped scum, so who cares. I think your reaction to it was genuine. I'm going to look at Hats today I think. And relook at Max which was my read from yesterday.

I'll agree with Max.

The timing of the second post, in particular, is relevant here, since AA was looking like the likely target and scum would be interested in avoiding a hammer.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think Chaos' and MMT's take on Tobbs is sound as well. I'd be comfortable voting either Grand or Tobbs today.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

Tobbs I am interested in this post. Stickup makes a pretty good meta case on both you and MMT. You love meta and acknowledge that you believe stickup is correct. In your next post you declare MMT to be town. Why do you believe her to be town?

I don't see her play as scummy.

That, and scum MMT tries really hard, and I'm not seeing it this game.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Does Tobbs read like someone who is comfortable sharing information or someone who is nervous getting caught in a lie?

Murmur Twin posted:

What are your opinions of me, Max, and Keane so far?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Max town, you town, Keane scum.

##vote CCKeane

---

Also quid and stickup scum.

I ask for reads, he gives his answers without any further explanations.

Murmur Twin posted:

Were you going to explain why or do you need me to ask you first?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Same reasons as yesterday. Keane believing AA but still pushing him is icing on the meta cake.

I ask for clarification - he answers that his read on Keane is the same as the one from yesterday without anything to it. He doesn't address his reads on me, Max, Quid, or stickup.

Murmur Twin posted:

How is Max's posting this game different from how you think he might post as scum?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Doesn't smell fishy. Scum Max has a fish smell and I'm not smelling it.

I ask Tobbs why he has a town read on Max and he gives a relative non-answer.

chaoslord posted:

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't see her play as scummy.

That, and scum MMT tries really hard, and I'm not seeing it this game.

I'd like to think I try hard regardless of alignment? And I feel like I've been putting a reasonable amount of effort into this game - it's just that I feel like I've nailed scum so I'm focusing my questions in one direction.

Again, if Tobbs was town, he'd be fighting back against me because from his point of view I'd be trying to drive a mislynch on him. If anything, I think he would have at least brought up that I claimed a vig on the NK target last night and that it would, on some level, inform his opinion of me. His answer to this reads like he knows my alignment and doesn't want to argue that I'm scum when he knows I'm not.

Also Max - is there anything specifically in this post that you think I'm wrong about so far?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Also these two posts made me laugh, emphasis mine

Don't forget the posts where Tobbs refers to a recent game where he was scum and then forgets about the same game when Stickup correctly points out that he's playing this one similarly.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh lol, I forgot you claimed the vig. No scum motivation to do that (and if the flavor happens again you're probably a serial killer).

So yeah, you're almost certainly town.

If you guys think I'm scum for meta reasons, eliminate me.

I'm not, but we are in super bad shape so it's hard to really fight when everyone playing wants me dead.

What's the point? Also, I'm almost never lynched when I'm scum, because I play differently (better). When I'm town people always want to lynch me. I should probably play better but meh.

I will flip VT. We will probably lose. Who cares when we're this far behind?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Oh lol, I forgot you claimed the vig. No scum motivation to do that (and if the flavor happens again you're probably a serial killer).

So you made an alignment call on me without reading my posts first?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

It's D2 and we mislynched town D1 and there was a NK on town N1, which is how like 99% of Mafia games start.

If you're so afraid we're going to lose, why not try and find a better case on someone than the case on you?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

It's D2 and we mislynched town D1 and there was a NK on town N1, which is how like 99% of Mafia games start.

Mafia edit - oh right, we're down 3 town so I guess the above point isn't accurate. My bad!

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

So yeah, you're almost certainly town.

If you guys think I'm scum for meta reasons, eliminate me.

I'm not, but we are in super bad shape so it's hard to really fight when everyone playing wants me dead.

What's the point? Also, I'm almost never lynched when I'm scum, because I play differently (better). When I'm town people always want to lynch me. I should probably play better but meh.

wowie

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

(ps I like Tobbs a lot as a player and think he's a Cool Dude and hope he doesn't think I'm being a jerk by pushing for him this much :glomp:)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

MMT what's your hottest take on Grand?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, no, this reads like town Tobbs. MMT, I don't think he'd be going after you for trying to drive a mislunch on him if he also thinks your town, just wrong. Also he usually does this defeatist thing as town.

Also, lol, AA still have more posts in this thread than anyone else.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

paging quidnose, who is scum

Max
Nov 30, 2002

got some chores tonight posted:

paging quidnose, who is scum

Mmmm yeah, I agree with this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
What's the most up to date quid meta? I thought he didn't really catch up on games or play mafia regardless of alignment

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dude at least bulldogs someone, even if it's a quick hot take when he's town.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

CCKeane posted:

MMT what's your hottest take on Grand?

At this point, I don't think I can give Grandi an unbiased read because I've all but locked up Max and Tobbs as scumbros in my mind. The fact that Max is saying he doesn't see how Tobbs is being scummy (when at the end of Avantian Courier he admitted that he agreed with my read on Tobbs but didn't speak up because he wasn't town) and is instead pushing for Grandi makes me think that scum sees Grandi as the best town on which to try and drive a mislynch.

I don't see anything out of the ordinary with Grandi's posting this game, so based purely on his posts I'd say I have a null read. He's not making a ton of cases or anything but at this moment in time I can give him leeway given that most of D2 has happened over a weekend

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
throw in BK and that's the scum team

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Grandicap posted:

Odd reaction to a non event. Do not like.

##unvote

##vote Max

Grandicap posted:

I agree with Keane here. AA's followups to the claim were lovely and cagey and scummy.

This is what originally pinged me about him. He laid down a vote on me early on, didn't say much else, and then only popped up again to comment on what looked like the next train forming.

Grandicap posted:

I'm still voting Max based on a tone argument, and I think it still stands. I don't like his flippant call out of my vote on him either. I am also aware I will not be around enough to push that case, so if I still feel that way tomorrow, I will do more heavy lifting then.
So, short term, happy voting him still, but not willing to be a standard bearer for it.

He never really expanded on what Tone he was talking about, and was ignoring a lot of other stuff that had happened Day 1 to stick with a weak "Tone argument." Keane pointed this out, but he was also cleverly removing himself from the responsibility of having to hammer.

Grandicap posted:

##vote stickup

Sucks to replace in to scumzone.

And then I guess drops his suspicion on me or doesn't care enough to keep pushing this case.

I'm not sure how you could look at that and get just a null read on him.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this is a stickup posted:

throw in BK and that's the scum team

i want to join the mmt - stickers alliance

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max posted:

This is what originally pinged me about him. He laid down a vote on me early on, didn't say much else, and then only popped up again to comment on what looked like the next train forming.

He never really expanded on what Tone he was talking about, and was ignoring a lot of other stuff that had happened Day 1 to stick with a weak "Tone argument." Keane pointed this out, but he was also cleverly removing himself from the responsibility of having to hammer.

And then I guess drops his suspicion on me or doesn't care enough to keep pushing this case.

I'm not sure how you could look at that and get just a null read on him.

I'm not saying I'm sure he's town, more that I think there are more suspicious people out there right now so I feel like I can reserve judgement on Grandoni until he posts more.

Max - do you acknowledge that Tobbs (a) normally makes lots of cases and throws his vote around, and (b) has only made a single case this game on Keane and hasn't budged from it? Simple yes or no question here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs normally does throw votes but he also throws a lot of alignment calls out there. I dunno what to tell you here though, I know what scum Tobbs normally looks like. He gets really aggressive and fights back against almost every accusation. This just doesn't look or feel like scum Tobbs to me.

Half jokingly, Tobbs absolutely salivates at the idea of one day either voting scum me out or NK'ing me since that has yet to be reciprocated in our history together. I really think I would have been the NK last night if he had any say in it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Max posted:

Tobbs normally does throw votes but he also throws a lot of alignment calls out there. I dunno what to tell you here though, I know what scum Tobbs normally looks like. He gets really aggressive and fights back against almost every accusation. This just doesn't look or feel like scum Tobbs to me.

Half jokingly, Tobbs absolutely salivates at the idea of one day either voting scum me out or NK'ing me since that has yet to be reciprocated in our history together. I really think I would have been the NK last night if he had any say in it.

Technically we won against you in Avantian courier, though the odds were a bit stacked in our favor. If you read scum doc I had you pegged as ninja BP sk.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Max posted:

this game, tobbs has not thrown alignment calls out there except when badgered, and even then with nothing to back them up despite it being talked about in the thread. now he's posting about other games again instead of addressing the issues brought up.

defeatist tobbs is town tobbs, but tobbs, as a meta maniac, knows very well that his town meta is to be defeatist. in light of the rest of his meta being spot on, I'm not willing to straight up call him town just due to a defeatist post or two.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

got some chores tonight posted:

i want to join the mmt - stickers alliance

we are always allied, in my heart

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
Max - do you acknowledge that Tobbs (a) normally makes lots of cases and throws his vote around, and (b) has only made a single case this game on Keane and hasn't budged from it?

please only answer with the words "yes" or "no". you may also emptyquote this post for yes, or brokenquote it for no.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

this game, tobbs has not thrown alignment calls out there except when badgered, and even then with nothing to back them up despite it being talked about in the thread. now he's posting about other games again instead of addressing the issues brought up.

defeatist tobbs is town tobbs, but tobbs, as a meta maniac, knows very well that his town meta is to be defeatist. in light of the rest of his meta being spot on, I'm not willing to straight up call him town just due to a defeatist post or two.

yes this is scum tobbs with a bit more sophistication but scum nonetheless

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i never want to read the word meta again

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I feel Max is likelier to be scum than Tobbs? Like, there's a universe where Tobbs is actually town and Max is scum, but the other way round I think is less likely.

##vote max

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Pinterest Mom posted:

I feel Max is likelier to be scum than Tobbs? Like, there's a universe where Tobbs is actually town and Max is scum, but the other way round I think is less likely.

##vote max

You're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max - do you acknowledge that Tobbs (a) normally makes lots of cases and throws his vote around, and (b) has only made a single case this game on Keane and hasn't budged from it?

please only answer with the words "yes" or "no". you may also emptyquote this post for yes, or brokenquote it for no.

• Locked thread