Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

What year did Sting accept an invitation

TO THE WHITE CASTLE OF FEAR!?!

That would indeed be 1993.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

to be fair, this is all white castles when youre high as gently caress at 330am

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Remember that one time they did that six sided cage deal where you had to climb out through the roof and:
1. The cage was made of giant red bars so nobody watching from home could see a goddamn thing
2.Homicide was so fat and out of shape he couldn't make it out of the cage

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Remember that one time they did that six sided cage deal where you had to climb out through the roof and:
1. The cage was made of giant red bars so nobody watching from home could see a goddamn thing

and then jeff hardy came back to the company, still with his Modest entrance music

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

plus the whole thing swayed enough you thought it was going to collapse. I wonder if they still have that thing around. I'd put it in my backyard to piss off my neighbors.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's even better, some of the guys had been in a match that used the same type of cage. They were talking to Homicide about it before the match and trying to explain to him how to climb out of the cage. He pretty much just blew them off and told them "yea yea yea, I can get out"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Jerusalem posted:

I was so completely disappointed to watch that and learn that they didn't actually go to White Castle.

Just imagine the beauty of a slider on a pole match.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I really worry that if TNA dies that nostalgia will drive me to think fondly of it. I can feel tinges but f it when we talk about Homicide failing to climb and the electrified cage.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Jerusalem posted:

And that match is one of the highlights!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Also the match was ruled a no contest since per Russo they never said it was no DQs, but Homicide kept on climbing.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jerusalem posted:

That feud was awesome, wtf.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
We have a big free agent signing and a guy who was recently WWE champ! What should we do with him?

Let's have him climb random cages in the opening match and say nothing.

Let's have him work on his stupid paintings backstage.

Let's have him turn heel.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tato posted:

We have a big free agent signing and a guy who was recently WWE champ! What should we do with him?

Let's have him climb random cages in the opening match and say nothing.

Let's have him work on his stupid paintings backstage.

Let's have him turn heel.

And was arguably the hottest guy in the WWE when he left, as well!

Although, it did lead to the amazing entrance with CM Punk dressed up like him.

Come back, Punk. :smith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY3f83VgG0Q

I am really excited for this.

YEAH YEAH YEAAAARHHHH BIM BIDDLY MOW

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

whiteyfats posted:

Come back, Punk. :smith:

No. Please don't.

This isn't a dig at Punk, nor even specific to him, but I really like it when people make it away from Pro Wrestling still able to walk, with some of their mental faculties still intact, and not completely bitter/burned out/broke. (Admittedly Punk still ticks some of those boxes, but by all accounts he is happier now than he was.)

Any wrestler who manages to get away with their sanity, health and finances even somewhat intact is to be celebrated, and not dragged back into the carny cesspool that we all enjoy.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Which is why I'm glad Dwayne Johnson got out of full-time wrestling before he was 30 with his health and mind still intact.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That might be the funniest gif in wrestling history.

the wild thing about TNA is you can't really distill it into one gif - there's this, there's Sting pulling off the Sting mask, there's Ken Anderson looking bored and itchy after seeing Tito Ortiz come down the ramp, it's all a rich tapestry

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

No. Please don't.

This isn't a dig at Punk, nor even specific to him, but I really like it when people make it away from Pro Wrestling still able to walk, with some of their mental faculties still intact, and not completely bitter/burned out/broke. (Admittedly Punk still ticks some of those boxes, but by all accounts he is happier now than he was.)

Any wrestler who manages to get away with their sanity, health and finances even somewhat intact is to be celebrated, and not dragged back into the carny cesspool that we all enjoy.

I get what you're saying here but I don't know if MMA in general and UFC in specific is much less of a trash/carny operation

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DJExile posted:

I get what you're saying here but I don't know if MMA in general and UFC in specific is much less of a trash/carny operation

It sorta looks like he's done with MMA, too. He'll probably just write comics and collect rent on the building he owns.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Ah, well fair play to him then if he's out of there too

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Sting pulling off the Sting mask is cool.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Justin Godscock posted:

Which is why I'm glad Dwayne Johnson got out of full-time wrestling before he was 30 with his health and mind still intact.

Sometimes I feel sorry that Steve Austin had to retire at 34 with arguably his best still ahead of him.

Then I think about how now he's this laid-back dude chilling at home or on his ranch playing with his dogs, shooting the poo poo with his wife or whoever he can get to pop around to have an interview with, and crafting his own beer :allears:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Sometimes I feel sorry that Steve Austin had to retire at 34 with arguably his best still ahead of him.

Then I think about how now he's this laid-back dude chilling at home or on his ranch playing with his dogs, shooting the poo poo with his wife or whoever he can get to pop around to have an interview with, and crafting his own beer :allears:

Agreed, but for me Raymond Rougeau and Stan Hansen too :unsmith:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wade Barrett was around long enough to see how the sausage was made but still seemed to put joy and effort into his craft before getting out. If he doesn't come back at all it would be good for him, and also me, not having to see another Wade Barrett match or segment.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Josh Mathews thinks he's some god of commentary when he's actually really bad

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

"You mean I'm getting paid this week?!!"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

UFC isn't too bad at this point, though they may descend into it depending on the new owners trying to maximize profits

everyone else is carny as gently caress, Bellator had the most carny card in a long time last year, and Rizin is horrible

then we start getting into the really tiny promotions and its just a pit

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
UFC was very moral and upstanding until their mob affiliated owners sold to just plain capitalists.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Jerusalem posted:

COME ONNNN!!! :golfclap: LET'S GOOOOO!!!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jason Sextro posted:

the wild thing about TNA is you can't really distill it into one gif - there's this, there's Sting pulling off the Sting mask, there's Ken Anderson looking bored and itchy after seeing Tito Ortiz come down the ramp, it's all a rich tapestry

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

time to put tna back in tna

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Do the right thing for our baby, AJ.

DOTHRIGHTHING! :byodame:

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jason Sextro posted:

Though I do think this is the official tna.gif

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Though I do think this is the official tna.gif

I feel like every time this gif is posted, it needs restating that this was the planned finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

• Locked thread