Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

How big is the resistance supposed to be in TFA?

I read enough articles to know that Leia basically had to found another resistance since the New Republic government was terrible, but were they really just a handful of pilots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I think the Resistance is basically just what you see at the TFA base. The New Republic isn't willing to officially declare war on the First Order, so Leia scrounged together what she could from sympathizers and pilot defectors. It's a tiny operation.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Newest episode had a lot of firsts for Star Wars, like its first musical number, and I think the first time we've ever seen a bathroom.

Also, watch Hera murder a bunch of dudes.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

Newest episode had a lot of firsts for Star Wars, like its first musical number, and I think the first time we've ever seen a bathroom.

Someone missed out on the Christmas Special

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I guess the Star Wars Kinect game would count as well.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I think that was a robot hallucination/dream but if not. wow.

Not a bad episode but man it had a lot of 'over telling' going on, kids are pretty smart, they'll get what is happening, don't tell us every step.

woodch
Jun 13, 2000

This'll kill ya!

Moon Slayer posted:

I am really sorry to have to do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jzZOgLH4KU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Filler is as filler does, though AP-5's little dittie with the space pigeons definitely ranks up there in terms of favorite Rebels moments. :cheeky:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
So I guess AP-5 is a bit of a nerd for musicals.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I really liked that SIGINT modified Gozanti, it fills the role so much better than some weird rear end EU TIE

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

I really liked that SIGINT modified Gozanti, it fills the role so much better than some weird rear end EU TIE

Gozanti:EU TIE::AWACS:Growler, maybe?

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace
Does anyone like how they handle the Mandalorians in this show or in general? They seem like a very illogical race of people and I don't know if I'm missing something that's supposed to make them interesting?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

SyRauk posted:

Does anyone like how they handle the Mandalorians in this show or in general? They seem like a very illogical race of people and I don't know if I'm missing something that's supposed to make them interesting?

They're a planet of Boba Fetts

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

In any source outside of a certain author's (now void) books, Mandos are aggressive dumbasses who have a tendency to fight on whatever side lets them fight Jedi more.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I love that AP-5 is basically just Marvin from Hitchhiker's guide.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

SyRauk posted:

Specifically in the show, it seems to me like they have a pretty decent justification for being that way, in that the Empire is specifically nurturing their worst instincts as a culture. Clone Wars showed them in a light of trying to move on from an obsessive warrior cult that inevitably tries to conquer the galaxy every few hundred years (only for the galaxy to promptly stomp them back into a mud puddle) into a functional society, but the reform movement was crushed by radical traditionalists that the Empire is now more than happy to prop up as long as they keep getting a steady supply of experienced recruits and amoral mercenaries out of the deal.

Of course, you can still easily make most of the same complaints about them as usual, since they're mostly the same. I just find the context around it interesting enough to enjoy. :D

Generic American fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 12, 2017

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ecureuilmatrix posted:

Gozanti:EU TIE::AWACS:Growler, maybe?

Yeah I guess so, I just like that they're using other ships, whereas it seems like every time they need to fill a role in EU stuff they just badly kitbash another TIE

e: KENOBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII :byodood:

His janky revival from movie death aside, Maul is a great character well written and acted, and Anakin/Vader isn't half the tragic figure that Maul has become

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Mar 12, 2017

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Hera blowing up those nerds was ice cold. drat.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

TheKingofSprings posted:

They're a planet of Boba Fetts

Someone in a podcast recently described them as "watered-down Klingons", which I think is pretty spot on.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Jerkface posted:

I figured the ship was just going to be disabled leaving the nerd crew at the mercy of Thrawn who would be furious they didn't contact him immediately.

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK

Jerkface posted:

Don't gently caress with Space Garfield. That is the lesson of the day. He momma will gently caress. You. Up. :black101:

Hera's Robot Furbaby is not one to be messed with!

Captain Rufus fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 12, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Wasn't one of the main controllers voiced by the same guy that does Thrawn?

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

I always thought that Lobot's computer head thing made it so that he was basically a cyborg supercomputer, but that he couldn't talk as a result of it. Apparently he's just not sociable, because this guy was chatting up a storm.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

On that note, I liked how the non-management technicians spoke in an almost robotic monotone.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I enjoyed this episode.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This might be the first primarily comedic episode in both Rebels and Clone Wars that I thought actually worked. I completely lost it during the whole space part at the end.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Hakkesshu posted:

This might be the first primarily comedic episode in both Rebels and Clone Wars that I thought actually worked. I completely lost it during the whole space part at the end.

I loved the cartoony CLANG as AP-5 was scooped back up into the Ghost.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Roach Warehouse posted:

On that note, I liked how the non-management technicians spoke in an almost robotic monotone.

Probably because they were all cyborgs.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just saw the episode where they were going to extract Kallus, and I love how they worked Thrawn's study of art into a simple ten-second deduction coming just from the artwork on Ezra's Bounty Hunter helmet. The brushes are the same as the Rebel artist Sabine Wren's... which means it was most likely Ezra in the prison cell and Kallus would certainly recognise him. There's our mysterious spy :eng101:.

I also suspect he took a single glance at the altered map and knew exactly which planet was gone :ohdear:.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

That scene and the one where he deduced who Hera was are great, and everything I ever wanted from canon Thrawn.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Moon Slayer posted:

That scene and the one where he deduced who Hera was are great, and everything I ever wanted from canon Thrawn.

I really love how well they've treated Thrawn as a character, because every time they pull some cliche trick to fool him (Swap the map, blow up all the probe droids) he just sifts through the aftermath and picks out the logical details that make it a whole lot worse for them in about two minutes.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Thrawn is as smart as Vader is brutal. I wouldn't have it any other way :getin:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I thought most of double agent droid was p dumb, and hinged on the cast being idiots. Then Hera got mean and it became amazing.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Well let's be honest, the only crew member really being dumb was Wedge and this is the first time we have seen him in a real long time so he probably didn't think much of it outside of the two droids were fighting...again

Once they got back to the Ghost though? Yeah that was a little less forgivable.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

It works in the context of Star Wars where everyone's a racist slave owner.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

TheKingofSprings posted:

Someone missed out on the Christmas Special

I believe you mean the Holiday Special.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

jivjov posted:

I believe you mean the Holiday Special.

It will always be Life Day to me.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Aces High posted:

Well let's be honest, the only crew member really being dumb was Wedge and this is the first time we have seen him in a real long time so he probably didn't think much of it outside of the two droids were fighting...again

Once they got back to the Ghost though? Yeah that was a little less forgivable.

And to be fair, Hera knew something was up from the moment she saw Chop

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Multiple impressions from people with screeners of "Twin Suns" seem to indicate that it's some sort of emotional, bring-tissues tour de force, which I honestly wasn't expecting given the premise. Going to be a long week regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Don't die, Maul :(

E: He'll kill Kenobi and split the timeline, it'll all work out

• Locked thread